BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
about time 91 got a decent team. who cares how they did it, makes for better competition.
how did express smash laxachusetts and then get worked by Tigers and almost lose to 91? that does not make any sense. any color on that?

kids that tried out last summer and have been replaced care. short sided decision by the club to win some games will back fire when they lose kids.

Club lacrosse is a business and marketing first. Clubs cater to certain town team programs to ensure a pipeline of kids. However they want to win because parents and kids love winners lol.

I laugh when teams have 6 to 8 kids per grade from one hotbed town on a team. Growing up there were never 6 to 8 kids in my town that could make the top state travel basketball or baseball teams.

They have to keep the hotbed town lacrosse departments happy while adding outside players to compliment the 2 great town players

It is a business that needs a pipeline of future players.

So how many kids did the actually bring in an how many are on there sidelines during a game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about time 91 got a decent team. who cares how they did it, makes for better competition.
how did express smash laxachusetts and then get worked by Tigers and almost lose to 91? that does not make any sense. any color on that?

kids that tried out last summer and have been replaced care. short sided decision by the club to win some games will back fire when they lose kids.

Club lacrosse is a business and marketing first. Clubs cater to certain town team programs to ensure a pipeline of kids. However they want to win because parents and kids love winners lol.

I laugh when teams have 6 to 8 kids per grade from one hotbed town on a team. Growing up there were never 6 to 8 kids in my town that could make the top state travel basketball or baseball teams.

They have to keep the hotbed town lacrosse departments happy while adding outside players to compliment the 2 great town players

It is a business that needs a pipeline of future players.

So how many kids did the actually bring in an how many are on there sidelines during a game?

6 kids. The same ones that are always brought in. The team is not overly big like some others. Maybe 10 or 12 on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why would Express , 91 and several other clubs all have their tryouts on the same day ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are trying to make you choose, but a bit of collusion too I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why would Express , 91 and several other clubs all have their tryouts on the same day ?

B/c they detest each other

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sorted the Naptown pool standings every way possible - and none of them came up with Hawks #1. Did you take a look at the Naptown Seeding Procedures for High School (2023-2026)?

High School teams will play 2 games on Monday. Each Division has a committee of “evaluators” who will watch the teams play. The committee will then seed their respective divisions. All teams will be seeded in the Championship Bracket that begins play on Tuesday morning. Championships will occur on Wednesday starting at 12:00 pm and occurring every 2 hours until last game starts at 6:00 pm on ESPN.

There was no way any team other than Hawks was going to end up #1 seed - it was all subjective 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sorted the Naptown pool standings every way possible - and none of them came up with Hawks #1. Did you take a look at the Naptown Seeding Procedures for High School (2023-2026)?

High School teams will play 2 games on Monday. Each Division has a committee of “evaluators” who will watch the teams play. The committee will then seed their respective divisions. All teams will be seeded in the Championship Bracket that begins play on Tuesday morning. Championships will occur on Wednesday starting at 12:00 pm and occurring every 2 hours until last game starts at 6:00 pm on ESPN.

There was no way any team other than Hawks was going to end up #1 seed - it was all subjective 😂

Stats would make Madlax Nationals or BBL 1,2 sead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t use stats because there were way too many lopsided games on day 1. You had some very good teams going 1-1 and some mediocre teams going 2-0 because they played two really bad teams. You could argue that the committee got it right because the top 4 seeds all ended up in the semis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t use stats because there were way too many lopsided games on day 1. You had some very good teams going 1-1 and some mediocre teams going 2-0 because they played two really bad teams. You could argue that the committee got it right because the top 4 seeds all ended up in the semis.

Stop making sense, please. This is BOTC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what Quint Kessenich and Paul Carcaterra (as impartial observers) provided as a recap of the 2026 Naptown Challenge 2026 division champions, Sweetlax Navy:

"A team with a roster of players from central NY and Florida, scored the last four goals of the contest, winning 9-6 over the Hawks. They finished the game on a 6-1 run after trailing 5-3. I’ve never seen a bigger, stronger, faster, or a more mature looking group of rising freshmen, almost as if they were in the wrong age category. It was visually evident and they were dominant from the moment they played their first game at the Naptown Challenge. Apparently they are all rising ninth graders, although they could be 14, 15 or even 16 year olds by the end of June."

https://laxallstars.com/2022-naptown-challenge-recap-quint-kessenich/

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what Quint Kessenich and Paul Carcaterra (as impartial observers) provided as a recap of the 2026 Naptown Challenge 2026 division champions, Sweetlax Navy:

"A team with a roster of players from central NY and Florida, scored the last four goals of the contest, winning 9-6 over the Hawks. They finished the game on a 6-1 run after trailing 5-3. I’ve never seen a bigger, stronger, faster, or a more mature looking group of rising freshmen, almost as if they were in the wrong age category. It was visually evident and they were dominant from the moment they played their first game at the Naptown Challenge. Apparently they are all rising ninth graders, although they could be 14, 15 or even 16 year olds by the end of June."

https://laxallstars.com/2022-naptown-challenge-recap-quint-kessenich/

This issue has been discussed and discussed and discussed…it would take the major clubs in the nation to all agree to align to US Lacrosse guidelines. Does anybody see that happening? I would say, likely not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not entirely sure of the Florida kids, but the Sweetlax Upstate boys are essentially the same players from last years world series team. None of the upstate kids are reclassed and one defender missed the world series cutoff by a few weeks. Just better on-age players. The majority of this team is from the 2026 Upstate NY team and is dominated by public schools attendance, and doesn’t allow reclassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not entirely sure of the Florida kids, but the Sweetlax Upstate boys are essentially the same players from last years world series team. None of the upstate kids are reclassed and one defender missed the world series cutoff by a few weeks. Just better on-age players. The majority of this team is from the 2026 Upstate NY team and is dominated by public schools attendance, and doesn’t allow reclassing.

Ya, keep telling yourself that. If you say it enough times, some stunad may actually believe it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya, keep telling yourself that. If you say it enough times, some stunad may actually believe it.

At the end of the day, reclassing isn't against the rules, but I'm sure it frustrates the garbage out of all the teams with holdbacks getting beat by a Sweetlax Upstate 2026 team that is simply better. I'm sure the reclassing issue will ultimately hit Sweetlax at some point, but at this time, they'll continue to take their collection of 14 year old boys and keep winning lacrosse games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the end of the day, reclassing isn't against the rules, but I'm sure it frustrates the garbage out of all the teams with holdbacks getting beat by a Sweetlax Upstate 2026 team that is simply better. I'm sure the reclassing issue will ultimately hit Sweetlax at some point, but at this time, they'll continue to take their collection of 14 year old boys and keep winning lacrosse games.

Argument would hold up if the World Series team did well. That is where you get deflated. Just enjoy your child’s ride. There are reclasses everywhere. Express north 26 Bbl coaches son I think, eclipse, team 91 has multiple state team on LI team lol. Get used to it. It happens everywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Made it to the Semi’s and lost by 1 goal to the winners of the championship game. Sounds like they did horrible!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Made it to the Semi’s and lost by 1 goal to the winners of the championship game. Sounds like they did horrible!

Semis. I get it and you play holdbacks you are in finals. Top 2 probably had 1 less holdback than you.

All teams love their holdbacks but just don’t want them brought up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only on age kids could play in the Word Series

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares that was last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares that was last summer.

Actually pretty pathetic that people are still trying to justify their kids results from last year. It was an amped up tournament is all it was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what most people here need to know from a D1 coach I know well. Wins and losses and what club you play for don’t mean a whole lot. Kids these days get recruited mainly from prospect days and showcases. Club teams will make you believe that they are getting their kids recruited but college coaches dont need club directors to send them players because they see can the kids with their own eyes. That said, clubs can help your kid get into some of the higher level showcases so you want to play for the best club that you can play for while still getting plenty of playing time. If you are not a top 12 or so player on your team you are probably better off playing for a team where you are so you get a more touches. There are plenty of high level D1 players that didn’t play for a top club team but killed it at prospect days and showcases. That’s how most kids get noticed. Don’t let club directors tell you that you need them to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what most people here need to know from a D1 coach I know well. Wins and losses and what club you play for don’t mean a whole lot. Kids these days get recruited mainly from prospect days and showcases. Club teams will make you believe that they are getting their kids recruited but college coaches dont need club directors to send them players because they see can the kids with their own eyes. That said, clubs can help your kid get into some of the higher level showcases so you want to play for the best club that you can play for while still getting plenty of playing time. If you are not a top 12 or so player on your team you are probably better off playing for a team where you are so you get a more touches. There are plenty of high level D1 players that didn’t play for a top club team but killed it at prospect days and showcases. That’s how most kids get noticed. Don’t let club directors tell you that you need them to get recruited.

👆

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a wild guess, your team is no good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax vs Express was the World Series….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask yourself this: is my son a top 10 player on his team and is getting a lot of playing time? If the answer is no, then he is on the wrong team. just stating the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly this is your first rodeo. Truly no one cares in high a school. Look at the 22 23 24 threads. Crickets. Because no one cares about club and wins and losses. If a club has a direct connection to a college it helps. Otherwise, colleges are recurring through high school, showcases and prospect days. The OP is correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly this is your first rodeo. Truly no one cares in high a school. Look at the 22 23 24 threads. Crickets. Because no one cares about club and wins and losses. If a club has a direct connection to a college it helps. Otherwise, colleges are recurring through high school, showcases and prospect days. The OP is correct.

My guy right here is correct. If you think he is wrong you were/are mislead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guy right here is correct. If you think he is wrong you were/are mislead.

It is hilarious stuff reading the 2026-2032 forums. All the name calling, ranking of kids, ranking of clubs, Team 91 detest, weirdo Rebel parents pumping their chests, etc. Then people get to high school and realize how none of the club stuff really means anything. The guy who said “let me guess, your club is no good” is definitely a response you would see in the younger age groups and either has gotten it yet or is still re-living their glory days from their own high school days. Club in high school serves little purpose except to keep the kids fresh, play in some tournaments and maybe if you are lucky (and many aren’t) get some recruiting help. But wins and losses, most people don’t care and I still laugh at the parents who are yelling at refs and living and dying with every goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m the OP. That info I wrote came straight of the mouth of a top 40 D1 head coach. If you don’t wish to believe it, that’s on you. Bottom line is get lots of touches with your club and don’t expect your club director to get you recruited. Above all, be a great kid and teammate and get good grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m the OP. That info I wrote came straight of the mouth of a top 40 D1 head coach. If you don’t wish to believe it, that’s on you. Bottom line is get lots of touches with your club and don’t expect your club director to get you recruited. Above all, be a great kid and teammate and get good grades.

Yup and your kid aint very good and your club team is worse.Barely make all star now bucko.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North, BBL, Igloo, Prime Time and Legacy didnt represent well. Only Towermen reached the finals and lost to a tough Hawks team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup and your kid aint very good and your club team is worse.Barely make all star now bucko.

Living your dreams through your kid. Sad. The OP is absolutely correct. Your choice not to believe him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North, BBL, Igloo, Prime Time and Legacy didnt represent well. Only Towermen reached the finals and lost to a tough Hawks team

Great game. Goaltending and their ride were the difference. Congrats to them. Looking forward to a rematch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 / Express. I see they had another close game , are they really that close in the talent pool? Not looking for trash talk just honest opinion. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eh from what I've seen 91 has more size, Express has more skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eh from what I've seen 91 has more size, Express has more skill.

Another one goal game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the big question how does express continually beat laxachusetts and usually handily. they decimate everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same way Tigers continually beat Express and Express decimates everyone else. Bad matchup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express remains cool under pressure. They were down by 3 goals early and just were so disciplined and stayed the course. Great game all in all.

Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard