BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 79 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.

As a crush parent i am embarrassed and apologize for this post. We knew about the new player before the game and I noticed and respected that coppermine did not start her in the game. Parents sideline was really only vocal when cheering when they scored. I can say our coach has had better days and could have chosen different language during the game. Was it a tough loss yes, did my daughter take it rough yes, but coppermine is a great team and is getting targeted unfairly by someone on our team which I am sorry for. Crush did great and I am proud of my daughter and the team. I hope these comments do not deter others from exploring crush.

Appreciate this post, thank you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.

As a crush parent i am embarrassed and apologize for this post. We knew about the new player before the game and I noticed and respected that coppermine did not start her in the game. Parents sideline was really only vocal when cheering when they scored. I can say our coach has had better days and could have chosen different language during the game. Was it a tough loss yes, did my daughter take it rough yes, but coppermine is a great team and is getting targeted unfairly by someone on our team which I am sorry for. Crush did great and I am proud of my daughter and the team. I hope these comments do not deter others from exploring crush.

Appreciate this post, thank you.
No worries, my daughter has Crush on her tryout list!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes you think they are losing their top players?

No one can predict the future, but the known of recruiting for the clubs that are on the rise at the younger years brings a lot of uncertainty. I think the landscape continues to change and we could see Coppermine, Crush, MDU get stronger with better recruiting. But the history shows that the unknown may push their best players to go to the "known" commodities etc.

Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?[/quote]

Crush has never beaten Coppermine, so no. Is she a star player? Yes, on every team she plays on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

Crush has never beaten Coppermine, so no. Is she a star player? Yes, on every team she plays on.[/quote]

How many teams has she played on? They are only in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes you think they are losing their top players?

No one can predict the future, but the known of recruiting for the clubs that are on the rise at the younger years brings a lot of uncertainty. I think the landscape continues to change and we could see Coppermine, Crush, MDU get stronger with better recruiting. But the history shows that the unknown may push their best players to go to the "known" commodities etc.

No but they don't beat Eagle Stix without her. Key contribution to multiple goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush has never beaten Coppermine, so no. Is she a star player? Yes, on every team she plays on.[/quote]

How many teams has she played on? They are only in 6th grade.[/quote]

Just put a name on it for the former team. There's only 2 A teams that weren't at Origins and only few that may be fit this. Unless it's someone from a team that was at Origins? Seems like alot of he said/she said otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure, but at a previous summer tournament SW parents thought she was coming to their team next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA

Crush has never beaten Coppermine, so no. Is she a star player? Yes, on every team she plays on.

Just put a name on it for the former team. There's only 2 A teams that weren't at Origins and only few that may be fit this. Unless it's someone from a team that was at Origins? Seems like alot of he said/she said otherwise.[/quote]

FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just put a name on it for the former team. There's only 2 A teams that weren't at Origins and only few that may be fit this. Unless it's someone from a team that was at Origins? Seems like alot of he said/she said otherwise.

FCA[/quote]

Assumed it was the player from FCA, although slightly surprised.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that girl stays with Coppermine that team is going to be very tough to beat when they are fully healthy and that’s not counting anyone that gets added during tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote/ Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

Crush is way better than Coppermine without that add on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote/ Curious if any of the Crush parents think the "guest" player pushed them over the edge for the win?

No way. Crush will dissolve in 2 more seasons. Gotta get into the big tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that girl stays with Coppermine that team is going to be very tough to beat when they are fully healthy and that’s not counting anyone that gets added during tryouts

They would be a very good team and yes, hard to beat. However, slow down on handing out trophies. The others will be bringing in some top players as well, including some surprises

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is that possible? Have they ever beaten them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way. Crush will dissolve in 2 more seasons. Gotta get into the big tournaments.
Being a top 5 team doesn’t get you in the big tournaments? What’s the criteria?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They would be a very good team and yes, hard to beat. However, slow down on handing out trophies. The others will be bringing in some top players as well, including some surprises
This^ I know a team that already secured a “surprise talent”. An impact player stuck on a very bad team that may debut during the Mid Atlantic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A club that puts many teams in those tournies year after year. Top clubs get in. Not a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This^ I know a team that already secured a “surprise talent”. An impact player stuck on a very bad team that may debut during the Mid Atlantic!

So we rotated from 1) SW are got better because they picked up new talent for summer to 2) It’s unfair that Coppermine picked up new talent for summer to 3) Bragging about who has their own additions…..this forum is so ridiculous and toxic and everything that is wrong with youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scoreboard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahahahahaha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What “very bad” team is this girl coming from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the new addition made an impact at Origins. Named 1 of the Thinklax all tourney players for 2028. Does she stay or tryout for other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you see them ranked? The posted lists are alphabetical…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A club that puts many teams in those tournies year after year. Top clubs get in. Not a top team.
What are the big tourneys you are referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LAx for the Cure
Midatlantic
Live Lax Love
Summer Genesis
Those are the four big ones I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush should merge w TLC.

New middle school director and mercy coach has strong perry hall ties

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What “very bad” team is this girl coming from?

Probably both lax for the cures, G8, Chesapeake and maybe a couple others.

As girls get older crush will need to upgrade their spring schedule, meaning they need to really play one.

Unlike others I think their summer schedule is fine though they would help themselves by adding another tourney or two.

Serious question for crush families— have they indicated if they will be upgrading their schedule next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most top tourneys have waiting lists that can run years. If you aren't in a top tourney by sixth grade, it is hard to get off waitlist. Lax For the Cure is a great example of this.

Performance could get your into G8, however, that would be driven by performance across the club not just one team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's probably the smartest thing I have ever heard on BOTC. Problem is that Crush is marketed as a "budget" club. TLC is 3x the cost of Crush.

My guess is that Crush ultimately becomes another version of Legends. A good starter club with decent prices and good training that players use as a springboard to other clubs -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's probably the smartest thing I have ever heard on BOTC. Problem is that Crush is marketed as a "budget" club. TLC is 3x the cost of Crush.

My guess is that Crush ultimately becomes another version of Legends. A good starter club with decent prices and good training that players use as a springboard to other clubs -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Exactly what it is. Big clubs get into the big recruiting tournaments in high school and budget clubs are waitlisted and likely play level 2 when they do get in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you basing this comment on?? Has Crush ever beaten Coppermine? They tied them once, a few weeks ago, and that's the closest they've ever come. So, this comment is simply lashing out / inferiority complex?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you basing this comment on?? Has Crush ever beaten Coppermine? They tied them once, a few weeks ago, and that's the closest they've ever come. So, this comment is simply lashing out / inferiority complex?

Just like the inferiority complex Coppermine has to M&D, Heros and on occasional Skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like the inferiority complex Coppermine has to M&D, Heros and on occasional Skywalkers

Yup, and those are the top clubs with proven track-records (recruitment) and they require serious commitment. Missing lacrosse March-July for another sport is unacceptable if you want to play for a top club. My daughter would not want to play for a team/club that tolerates players missing a game or tournament for another sport. That is letting your teammates down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how accurate that is? They just beat Eagle Stix and Aces where M&D lost to both. Give credit where credit is due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the record between Coppermine and M&D over the past 2-3 years? That would seem to be a good indicator of who's inferior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the record between Coppermine and M&D over the past 2-3 years? That would seem to be a good indicator of who's inferior.

The question isn’t who is an inferior team, it’s whether someone has an inferiority complex which is an entirely different thing. A team can be the best at their year but someone could still have an inferiority complex because they feel they don’t get the credit they deserve or because their club doesn’t match up to the other clubs, etc. I’m neither poster, but just sayin’

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for the 28’s I believe Coppmine has beaten M&D more times than has lost to them. They were undefeated 2 NGLL seasons in a row and only losing to Hero’s Green this year. I believe and are 1-1 during Championships with them and probably won more head to head tournament games. Now Club to Club it’s M&D hands down over Coppmine. Honestly- two great teams these 28’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, and those are the top clubs with proven track-records (recruitment) and they require serious commitment. Missing lacrosse March-July for another sport is unacceptable if you want to play for a top club. My daughter would not want to play for a team/club that tolerates players missing a game or tournament for another sport. That is letting your teammates down.

Exactly This. Until Coppermine become more "professional" they won't recruit and retain top players. Top players want to be surrounded by full committed teammates.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 79 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard