BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2029-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Neither team has played Express yet which has drastically improved.

Just because you’ve repeated it multiple times now doesn’t make it true.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is already a different team since then and has picked up some key players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts is definitely the team to beat in the Northeast. They are head and shoulders above all the teams from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts is definitely the team to beat in the Northeast. head and shoulders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts is definitely the team to beat in the Northeast. They are head and shoulders above all the teams from LI.

Facts

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe. But didn’t both igloo and 91 beat them the last time they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like 91 is rolling at Naptown. Is it the normal team or are there some nationals additions ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same exact team that everyone has written off (prematurely I’d say)….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same exact team that everyone has written off (prematurely I’d say)….

They didn’t play anyone relevant. Even madlax had significant players missing.

As long as hawks weren’t present, the whole event has an asterisk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should we go ahead and put an asterisk on every tournament where the hawks are not present? (Eye roll.) I don't think anyone is claiming that 91 is the best team in the country, so I'm not sure where this comment even came from. By the way, wasn't this madlax national (which suggests that they had extra players that they don't normally have)? This is a genuine question, I don't know one way or the other.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should we go ahead and put an asterisk on every tournament where the hawks are not present? (Eye roll.) I don't think anyone is claiming that 91 is the best team in the country, so I'm not sure where this comment even came from. By the way, wasn't this madlax national (which suggests that they had extra players that they don't normally have)? This is a genuine question, I don't know one way or the other.
No guest players for Madlax 2029 at Naptown. And I’m fact, missing their best Attack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that 91 is hated? I have saw them in two tourney’s they looked good. Also from what i understand they barely lost to Madlax based of bad coaching decisions. But I have on skin in the game. Why are people so hard on 10-11 year old’s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head and shoulders in height maybe. Let us know when they show up with appropriately aged players at any level to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m with you, I don’t know people are so hard on 91. Was the 91/Madlax game pretty close?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m with you, I don’t know people are so hard on 91. Was the 91/Madlax game pretty close?

Close for about 30 of the 44 minutes. Lead changed hands a few times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdbacks make a big difference in the younger age groups through at least 7th grade. If you and your kids feel great playing against younger lesser developed players, then that’s awesome but sad at the same time. It will all level off in the HS years regardless of holdbacks as all kids will have developed even if younger than some holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone sleeping on Igloo. Express 0-3 got trounced yesterday against A teams while Igloo although 1-3 played tough in all games losing by 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone sleeping on Igloo. Express 0-3 got trounced yesterday against A teams while Igloo although 1-3 played tough in all games losing by 1.

They gonna be at the NLF next week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No - but not sure it matters. LI 29s just not that solid. Express can’t compete against any top tier teams and igloo can compete but can’t win against that group. 91 is very strong but hasn’t been able to get over the hump against either madlax or hawks.

Between Moose/legacy/express/igloo some consolidation would probably produce a 2nd meaningful team. History suggests that will happen in the next year or 2 and will probably end up being express. Heard one of the big 3 are taking over the team so that changes their ability to recruit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express AA just made a coaching change. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express AA just made a coaching change. Thoughts?

They won’t win this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This aged well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at NLF? Who did they lose to not once but twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This aged well

Yep; they didn’t make the championship bracket. And they had the weakest pool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now what’s the excuse? Laxachussetts bowed down to 91 Pride twice in two days. Still head and shoulders better? Yup. 91 is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now what’s the excuse? Laxachussetts bowed down to 91 Pride twice in two days. Still head and shoulders better? Yup. 91 is.

Facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iglioo is melting at all ages, will not exist in few years. Should of sold , now That they basically lost one of the 3 main towns they pull from. K BOMB. AA might have to sell the boat he bought off all the over priced tuition he charged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon 2030 Parents behavior is horrible!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon 2030 parents behavior is horrible!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iglioo is melting at all ages, will not exist in few years. Should of sold , now That they basically lost one of the 3 main towns they pull from. K BOMB. AA might have to sell the boat he bought off all the over priced tuition he charged.

What are you talking about? At the younger ages at least (6th grade and lower) they are doing great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a genuine question and looking for feedback. My brother is looking for a team for my nephew. Tryouts are on going the kid is a good player but can always get better. He is with a B team and wants to grow and be challenged. The only team on the island that has beat Laxachusetts Black twice and and has been in contention with Madlax is 91. Should he let him attend tryouts or just save his money and try with another club? Any suggestions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a genuine question and looking for feedback. My brother is looking for a team for my nephew. Tryouts are on going the kid is a good player but can always get better. He is with a B team and wants to grow and be challenged. The only team on the island that has beat Laxachusetts Black twice and and has been in contention with Madlax is 91. Should he let him attend tryouts or just save his money and try with another club? Any suggestions?

Try out for a team where he’ll get playing time and get better. The bench makes no one better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try out for a team where he’ll get playing time and get better. The bench makes no one better.

As much as I can appreciate this there is another side. What makes you better? Games or practice against other high level talent? There is a line you have to draw though, meaning if he is the bottom of the depth chart he may not get anything out of it if he doesn’t ever play in games.

Also, I always support going to a tryout just for the challenge and experience. It’s like interviewing for a job. You won’t always get it, but you will learn something

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes a kid better is. Parent support/ do not tell your kid he’s better than others, do not tell him coaches are no good. Tell him if you want to be better, work at it. It’s rather simple, most parents know nothing about lacrosse. If you hear side lines, you’d think everyone was a big time player/coach. Kids need to get skills better and better on own. Then when they hit maturity, hit the weights, speed train. Find a hill and sprit up it. Being on a good team that trains a lot is great. Instead of searching for the magic bean to grow your son, Have him do it. By the way college coaches will know everything about kid and parents. Sit back enjoy this time. It’s the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to say it, Igloo also beat Laxachusetts Black and have played Madlax closer than 91 did (their last game a few weeks ago against Madlax was a 5-3 game and it was 4-3 late in the game). In any case, why doesn't he go to a few tryouts and meet the coaches and see where he fits. You can grow and be challenged on any team, including a B team, with the right coaches and the right teammates. But it's partly about his position, personal fit, etc. I don't think it's a one size fits all thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong forum age group
But I agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 the best players play the rest just watch from the sidelines
Express is the clearest example of the lacrosse money grab, announce a new coach right before tryouts? Great marketing ploy …. Good luck with him showing up more than 50% of the time , I’m sure he has higher priorities with his HS players. Player development is not priority one with express it is bloated rosters and constantly looking for the next new kid , it’s a year round open door policy .
That being said have your nephew tryout for a few clubs and go with the organization that’s gonna help him grow and where he can compete… AA or B means very little at this age in two years then I would say it matters these kids are still young and will have major physical changes over the next two years that will dictate their future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the clearest example of the lacrosse money grab, announce a new coach right before tryouts? Great marketing ploy …. Good luck with him showing up more than 50% of the time , I’m sure he has higher priorities with his HS players. Player development is not priority one with express it is bloated rosters and constantly looking for the next new kid , it’s a year round open door policy .
That being said have your nephew tryout for a few clubs and go with the organization that’s gonna help him grow and where he can compete… AA or B means very little at this age in two years then I would say it matters these kids are still young and will have major physical changes over the next two years that will dictate their future

Most teams like 91 play their best players and others watch more than play, nature of the beast. As far as Express those coaches were announced before tryouts, so what? Wouldn’t you like to know who your coach will be before trying out? The Express 29’s are lucky to have such a quality person and coach. Older kids graduate and coaches move back down to younger ages to start again. As far as AA vs B play where your talent fits but don’t be afraid to have the child play up on the AA. It’s fine to be on B but in my experience you tend to get labeled a B player and later on it’s hard to move up to a AA team as rosters tend to get set by middle school and harder to crack into as coaches start to look for individual positions to improve at, ie FOGO or Lefty middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 must have a lot of “best players” as most of the team plays even in playoff and championship games. This is travel and not a “participation trophy” league. The dedicated and best players and athletes should play the most and each player whether one who plays a lot or a little has a role and importance to the team. Those who differ can find several teams and clubs all over the Island that can fit the needs of a player that is not happy with playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best is subjective at this age , yes there a few clear cut, yes there is situational play, no I agree this is not a 'participation trophy league" nor am I a fan of it, the response was to the post. my point to the post is this let the kid tryout for whomever he wants, but be aware of what he is stepping into, because at this age reps and playing time matter for his growth. And if your offended by the truth of what happens at these organizations maybe you need to step back and look at the whole picture. Dont get caught up with the name or nonsense put the kid in the best situation to succeed if its his passion.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard