BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 112 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats HG27!

Man aces and M&D are good…

SWB is the surprise of the weekend

SWB is not good at all. Can look good when you play c level teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HG over NEMS by 15. Yikes. Did not see them but impressive scores. First time seeing Eagle Stix. Legit. beat us badly.

Looked like NEMS was missing half their team

This is why you should have soccer first players on your lax team. Especially if you have a small roster.

Their best player is soccer first and assistant coach daughter. Missed most of ngll

Note- nice kid but shouldn’t be taking roster spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

They beat integrity Green a few weeks ago, stop being a hater

Not saying they are all world but they definitely improved a ton and will likely pick up significant talent this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Not saying they are all world but they definitely improved a ton and will likely pick up significant talent this summer

Didn’t see them play this weekend but it looks like they beat up on 3 barely b teams that literally didn’t have a single win on the weekend and then lost badly in the first round of playoffs. Not sure how that is a surprise as technically 1 team had to come out of that division. And 1 win a few weeks ago does not determine a good team. Mind you I am biased and dislike SW at the older age group as they are coached to hurt opponents and praised for yellow cards and arguing with the refs. Good luck to any of the families that choose that path of sw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

No one good is going to SW. Rather go to Nems who seems to need some better full commitments or Coppermine

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Integrity is average !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Were SWB really the surprise? What team did they beat that you wouldn't expect them to beat? They got a great draw and took advantage. This is the problem with this tourney. 10 teams in a group and the best seldom play each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

No one good is going to SW. Rather go to Nems who seems to need some better full commitments or Coppermine

Is this a serious post? SW has one of the best recruiting reps in the country. After the NEMS fiasco this weekend, I expect a mass exodus from that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Hero’s on a nice win in the “Ship”. All great teams and fine young players. Best of luck to everyone in the remaining Tournaments and throughout the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Is this a serious post? SW has one of the best recruiting reps in the country. After the NEMS fiasco this weekend, I expect a mass exodus from that team

What fiasco occurred? Players missing for Soccer?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Why would any good/great player go to NEMS over SW? NEMS players do not get recruited to big time college programs and they practice on crappy fields. Not to mention, SW can bring in better coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Maybe the densest post ever on here, look at recruiting history of both coppermine and nems, it’s garbage.

Please compare to Skywalkers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HG over NEMS by 15. Yikes. Did not see them but impressive scores. First time seeing Eagle Stix. Legit. beat us badly.

Half their team randomly disappears for soccer on-and-off year round. People were speculating why players would leave their team? I’m sure this gets old for players who want to be serious about lax as their first sport.

I watched most of the NEMS Top Guns game where TG rolled them 13-3 (and it probably should have be more). While I don't know NEMS roster well enough to know how many players were missing their top players were definitely there.

The issue was that Top Guns just pushed them around and outphysicaled them across all three phases of the game. TG probably got 80% of competitive ground balls. NEMS was looking for foul calls that didn't happen. This game was a great example of what can happen when a less physical MD team has to play a top physical Long Island team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half their team randomly disappears for soccer on-and-off year round. People were speculating why players would leave their team? I’m sure this gets old for players who want to be serious about lax as their first sport.

I watched most of the NEMS Top Guns game where TG rolled them 13-3 (and it probably should have be more). While I don't know NEMS roster well enough to know how many players were missing their top players were definitely there.

The issue was that Top Guns just pushed them around and outphysicaled them across all three phases of the game. TG probably got 80% of competitive ground balls. NEMS was looking for foul calls that didn't happen. This game was a great example of what can happen when a less physical MD team has to play a top physical Long Island team.

The refs were solid most of the time, though they def were allowing girls to play and was very much different than what we saw from NGLL all spring. NGLL were whistle happy and always stopped the polay the moment the ball came out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

What fiasco occurred? Players missing for Soccer?

They had one sub, looked like 7-8 missed for other sports like soccer and basketball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the refs. I like the physical play as long as anything near the head is whistled. NGLL was horrible. Couldn't touch another player without a whistle. I also noticed the refs. called "Empties" whereas NGLL they was rarely called. You can't check a players stick when they are scooping if they don't don't haver the ball in their stick. Not sure why this rule is often ignored??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

Didn’t see them play this weekend but it looks like they beat up on 3 barely b teams that literally didn’t have a single win on the weekend and then lost badly in the first round of playoffs. Not sure how that is a surprise as technically 1 team had to come out of that division. And 1 win a few weeks ago does not determine a good team. Mind you I am biased and dislike SW at the older age group as they are coached to hurt opponents and praised for yellow cards and arguing with the refs. Good luck to any of the families that choose that path of sw

No one is praised for putting your team down a player and they are not coached to hurt other teams, that is BS

17 former Skywalkers were in the final four, obviously they received some
Great coaching that prepared them for major D1 programs like UNC, BC, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the refs. I like the physical play as long as anything near the head is whistled. NGLL was horrible. Couldn't touch another player without a whistle. I also noticed the refs. called "Empties" whereas NGLL they was rarely called. You can't check a players stick when they are scooping if they don't don't haver the ball in their stick. Not sure why this rule is often ignored??

Yeah, I actually never saw this called all weekend. Odd. Also several "in the crease" type plays not called, girl literally got a GB from crease to score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Admittedly, I prefer they don't call it at the 5th and 4th grade level otherwise you'd have a whistle every ground ball, but at this level it should be called.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why you should have soccer first players on your lax team. Especially if you have a small roster.
Perhaps a Club Director or Coach should address this. Seems to me, you should be committed to the lacrosse team from late February/mid-July. I would be looking elsewhere if I was a core lacrosse player on this team. stinks to practice as team only to have a chunk of them disappear during tournaments to play soccer, basketball, field hockey, etc.. Now I can see why the NEMS program is on the decline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats HG27!

No one is praised for putting your team down a player and they are not coached to hurt other teams, that is BS

17 former Skywalkers were in the final four, obviously they received some
Great coaching that prepared them for major D1 programs like UNC, BC, etc.

I am not claiming there isn’t talent there, I am stating bluntly that one of the older teams regularly gets 3-6 yellow cards a game. 2-3 of the girls get them almost every single game. If they aren’t being coached to do it, they are certainly not coached to stop it plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 level, seems there are 4-5 teams that separated themselves from everyone else.

M&D
Hero's
Eagle Stix
BLC
Aces
YJ A

The question is, does this continue after tryouts or even out more? There are certainly non starters on these teams that would improve a mid tier A team quickly. Big difference is depth. Once you get into 10-15 min into a game and gotta rotate, its a big drop on some of these mid tier A teams.

Other factor is puberty. Some of these girls on other clubs just can't physcially hang yet. Eagle Stix and M&D look like HS girls out there. That should change over the next year.

My daughter's team is in that mid tier A group and we might have 4 kids over 5'4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 level, seems there are 4-5 teams that separated themselves from everyone else.

M&D
Hero's
Eagle Stix
BLC
Aces
YJ A

The question is, does this continue after tryouts or even out more? There are certainly non starters on these teams that would improve a mid tier A team quickly. Big difference is depth. Once you get into 10-15 min into a game and gotta rotate, its a big drop on some of these mid tier A teams.

Other factor is puberty. Some of these girls on other clubs just can't physcially hang yet. Eagle Stix and M&D look like HS girls out there. That should change over the next year.

My daughter's team is in that mid tier A group and we might have 4 kids over 5'4.

I agree with 5 of those teams. I would say that BLC, FLG and Madskillz are probably in a 1B group. They can beat any of the top teams on any given day, but would struggle to go 4-0 in a pool of top teams. Starting lineups are equivalent but a much bigger drop when you get to the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams benefits the most if Coppermine, NEMS, LBC lose kids?

LBC only had a 9-8 win over CCLax this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a meaningless pool play game after LBC clinched spot in the finals. Finals started an hour after the end of this game and would have been third game of day. Reserves played almost the entire game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect best NEMS (and TLC) girls to end up at Skywalkers. Best LBC player will probably end up at a top Arundel club.

Coppermine is a bit different in my mind. Lots of incredible solid players, but no "superstar" -- not sure any Coppermine girls could leave and get PT at a top club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a meaningless pool play game after LBC clinched spot in the finals. Finals started an hour after the end of this game and would have been third game of day. Reserves played almost the entire game.

That's an ugly score no matter how you spin it. Keep in mind CClax and LBC are competing for the same players all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expect best NEMS (and TLC) girls to end up at Skywalkers. Best LBC player will probably end up at a top Arundel club.

Coppermine is a bit different in my mind. Lots of incredible solid players, but no "superstar" -- not sure any Coppermine girls could leave and get PT at a top club.

I’d expect the top nems girls (middies) to give M&D a shot but that team is pretty stacked and don’t see em getting playing time

Nems should have become Coppermine north, not Elite. Big miss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many reserve players are on LBC? Curious?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

around 8-9 field players and a backup goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id highly doubt the top NEMS girls go anywhere. The bottom half of every team will always be looking for more PT and greener pastures. Coppermine bought the only team that was for sale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC will be M&D Shore after the summer tourney season. Some top LBC players will be moving to M&D Black. The talks have already begun at many of the age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LBC will be M&D Shore after the summer tourney season. Some top LBC players will be moving to M&D Black. The talks have already begun at many of the age groups.

If they are talented , tryout and willing to travel across the bridge for all practices they could possibly be on black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the plan is to take all the top players from LBC now that M&D took control? That makes zero sense.

Nothing was stopping LBC kids from trying out for M&D in the first place.

Other than the former LBC teams getting into a few more tournaments, nothing will change and I certainly wouldn’t want to be 1 of now 60 players a grad class M&D will be trying to help get recruited.

If anything LBC kids that live close to Annapolis will head to MDU or Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is false, LBC has 3 subs and no back up goalie at games this weekend. Nice try, but didn’t “reserve” anything. Love how people try to justify a score when not in their favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So M&D will steal the best of LBC - would detest to be one of the better players left behind. Best player on a bad team doesn't sound like fun. All the more reason some LBC players may look around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC was not holding back reserves in the game against CCLAX. They couldn't get the draw. Did the game matter no they were going to the Championship either way. They were conserving energy and had the ball for the last five minutes and didn't go to goal because they only had two subs on Sunday. CCLAX played well and gave it all they had. Unfortunately they played a weak team after LBC and lost and they didn't make the Championship. LBC beat that team but 10 goals in a 25 minute game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So M&D will steal the best of LBC - would detest to be one of the better players left behind. Best player on a bad team doesn't sound like fun. All the more reason some LBC players may look around.

There is no truth in this. 95% of LBC parents do not want to drive across the bridge to another team. A lot of girls on the LBC 2027 team are already driving from Delaware. They are a good team, having fun, doing great. I am sure a few will leave - as happens every year but the majority will stay put.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is false, LBC has 3 subs and no back up goalie at games this weekend. Nice try, but didn’t “reserve” anything. Love how people try to justify a score when not in their favor.

Probably a little uncertainty about LBC folding and going under M&D. Give credit to LBC 27, they were the gold standard of that club. I expect the top kids to move on this summer.

Page 54 of 112 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard