BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 241 of 264 1 2 239 240 241 242 243 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, sure lets bring in all the good national teams as well and tell the other 99.9 percent of the teams to not bother playing and find another sport. Cant you just be happy to be a state champ and play the competition presented??? Its amazing the people on here that ALWAYS find an issue.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFC01q68_k/irV74WhGVT5P3Do0c5Xeqw/view

Link to the awards from last Nassau county last night

It would be nice to see the criteria and explanation for the awards, even the nomination process is a mystery. Maybe intentionally so. Some schools seem to have the majority of academic awards yet others have none at all on the list. Forget about asking our coach or AD they have no interest
Fairly straight forward. Academic all conference =>85 average. Academic All-County => 90 average and Academic All-America = 9 highest average of All-County Players and possibly (not sure) needed to be on the All-American watch list. Now the rub about average is that every school is different. Some schools are known for grade inflation and others are more difficult. Further, they do not take a weighted average which is a good indicator of the rigor of courses the student-athlete takes.

As for the all-conference, county and american awards... simple, the better teams get the most. Very difficult for an All-County player to get all American if not on the county championship. Not impossible but difficult. The 9 All-Americans deserve the award but there are other equally good players so they have to set some sort of differentiator which is how far into the playoffs / championships. I believe the 9 players were all from CSH, Manhasset, GC and possibly 1 from Syosset / Port. I could be wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be nice to see the criteria and explanation for the awards, even the nomination process is a mystery. Maybe intentionally so. Some schools seem to have the majority of academic awards yet others have none at all on the list. Forget about asking our coach or AD they have no interest
Fairly straight forward. Academic all conference =>85 average. Academic All-County => 90 average and Academic All-America = 9 highest average of All-County Players and possibly (not sure) needed to be on the All-American watch list. Now the rub about average is that every school is different. Some schools are known for grade inflation and others are more difficult. Further, they do not take a weighted average which is a good indicator of the rigor of courses the student-athlete takes.

As for the all-conference, county and american awards... simple, the better teams get the most. Very difficult for an All-County player to get all American if not on the county championship. Not impossible but difficult. The 9 All-Americans deserve the award but there are other equally good players so they have to set some sort of differentiator which is how far into the playoffs / championships. I believe the 9 players were all from CSH, Manhasset, GC and possibly 1 from Syosset / Port. I could be wrong.
The system is nonsense. All coaches know who the good and great players are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean.... if the coaches know the good players then the awards wouldn't primarily go to the teams that won th county championship. This is not about recruiting. It is to recognize hard work and talent. The process doesn't work if a great player doens't get the award because he is on a mediocre team. Don't get me wrong, the All-American players are great but, to your point, they may not be the best. They are the best on their team and look even better because everyone around them is really good vs. the Wantaugh or Bellmore kid that is really good but most of his teammates are part timers in lacrosse so they don't win every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean.... if the coaches know the good players then the awards wouldn't primarily go to the teams that won th county championship. This is not about recruiting. It is to recognize hard work and talent. The process doesn't work if a great player doens't get the award because he is on a mediocre team. Don't get me wrong, the All-American players are great but, to your point, they may not be the best. They are the best on their team and look even better because everyone around them is really good vs. the Wantaugh or Bellmore kid that is really good but most of his teammates are part timers in lacrosse so they don't win every game.

The coaches vote. What better system can you come up with?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, that would then render the top club teams as useless evaluators of talent, wouldn't it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the emails gone out for the Suffolk vs. Nassau game on Thursday? Last year everyone got an email but no one I know has gotten one (at least one of them must have made the Nassau team).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. One of the All Americans is from a very mediocre team. Kid is an excellent player with a never quit attitude.
Well deserved All American!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the emails gone out for the Suffolk vs. Nassau game on Thursday? Last year everyone got an email but no one I know has gotten one (at least one of them must have made the Nassau team).
[quote=Anonymous]
Haven’t heard or seen anything yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about Nassau but Suffolk went out yesterday around suppertime.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supper time. Lol. Haven’t heard that word in about 40 years. I eat late, so my supper time could be different than other peoples supper time. Me and my friends like to go out for a nice steak supper. Not dinner. It’s supper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapeuqa HS had one Honorable Mention All American committed to Hofstra and another kid got Academic All American committed to Stonybrook both were All County. Both deserved the accolades

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody has refuted the fact, yes FACT, that players who didn't attend the earlier rounds somehow made it to the final 50 game. Directors and evaluators please explain. This event was supposed to be an open tryout regardless of HS or Club affiliation. Not one player from our HS made the cut yet other HS with evaluators and directors dominate the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some coaches are involved in club ball and favor their club kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks captain obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some coaches are involved in club ball and favor their club kids.
That is an understatement. The entire event sounds like a sham. If that really is the case, that kids didn't have to tryout but advanced, why aren't more people upset about it. And why aren't those responsible held accountable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody has refuted the fact, yes FACT, that players who didn't attend the earlier rounds somehow made it to the final 50 game. Directors and evaluators please explain. This event was supposed to be an open tryout regardless of HS or Club affiliation. Not one player from our HS made the cut yet other HS with evaluators and directors dominate the roster.

You're going to be waiting a while if you think you are getting an explanation here dude. But answer me this, are those kids on teams playing for state championships, and therefore unable to attend? Additionally, what HS does your son play for? Is the program awful?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're going to be waiting a while if you think you are getting an explanation here dude. But answer me this, are those kids on teams playing for state championships, and therefore unable to attend? Additionally, what HS does your son play for? Is the program awful?
Of course nobody will answer them, this is Long Island, nepotism and cronyism run everything. At least someone has the stones to ask questions. I can only answer that I believe the kids in state games were already done. My son did advance and had the same observation. Kids appeared in later games that were not at first tryout. I guess the earlier tryout was based on reputation for some lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course nobody will answer them, this is Long Island, nepotism and cronyism run everything. At least someone has the stones to ask questions. I can only answer that I believe the kids in state games were already done. My son did advance and had the same observation. Kids appeared in later games that were not at first tryout. I guess the earlier tryout was based on reputation for some lol.

one of the kids was told if they were all-county they got an invite to the top 50 game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are looking for players to complete the team for the state tournament in Albany seems like many dropped out after the Nassau Suffolk game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are looking for players to complete the team for the state tournament in Albany seems like many dropped out after the Nassau Suffolk game.
Good. The whole thing was a joke. Look at the names running the event. That should tell you everything you need to know about their character. How can they represent LI when kids never got a fair tryout. FACT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good. The whole thing was a joke. Look at the names running the event. That should tell you everything you need to know about their character. How can they represent LI when kids never got a fair tryout. FACT
The only FACT here is this, your kid didn't make the team so you're upset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made it and yes the above statement is correct. I could give you several names at 2025 alone. Players that were not present on the first days event advanced. Who cares what the reason was. If that is how the event is going to be run than there should be some transparency. Oh wait, these are club lacrosse and hs coaches we're dealing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son didn’t get a fair shot at making the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made it and yes the above statement is correct. I could give you several names at 2025 alone. Players that were not present on the first days event advanced. Who cares what the reason was. If that is how the event is going to be run than there should be some transparency. Oh wait, these are club lacrosse and hs coaches we're dealing with.

This is why they can’t field a team for the tournament in Albany

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there will be the local Suny schools there but you can get that during the year at your local HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son didn’t get a fair shot at making the team.

Sure he didn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there will be the local Suny schools there but you can get that during the year at your local HS

Yeah, don't play just to have fun, only lace em up if the"coaches" are there. Ridiculous statement and the exact reason everyone on here makes the same ridiculous complaints every year. No one plays to have fun anymore. You have all killed the sport with your "recruiting" nonsense. Just remember a good tutor and some SAT prep classes and your kid will get a whole lot more money than any "lax ride".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SAT at most schools now are optional way to stay current

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SAT at most schools now are optional way to stay current

Way to deflect from the statement. Typical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like no 2024 team representing Suffolk at the NYSRC, anyone know what happened there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like no 2024 team representing Suffolk at the NYSRC, anyone know what happened there?
Many club events around the same time with more appeal. After all the accusations of kids not trying out and advancing and overall unfair tryout process why would anyone still support this event next season? Some tryout teams were stacked other had absolute nobody. Great job coaches you ruined another event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many club events around the same time with more appeal. After all the accusations of kids not trying out and advancing and overall unfair tryout process why would anyone still support this event next season? Some tryout teams were stacked other had absolute nobody. Great job coaches you ruined another event.

I’m shocked Nassau has a team. I saw the rosters on face book. Most of those kids play on B teams. This event lost all of its appeal. It’s a shame this could have been a great event each year if they did it the right way from the beginning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m shocked Nassau has a team. I saw the rosters on face book. Most of those kids play on B teams. This event lost all of its appeal. It’s a shame this could have been a great event each year if they did it the right way from the beginning.
Best players not even representing the Long Island. Some players never got a fair shot because their coach's weren't involved the other half have other events. Congratulation's if your kid made it through but don't think for a minute these lists represent the best talent on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best players not even representing the Long Island. Some players never got a fair shot because their coach's weren't involved the other half have other events. Congratulation's if your kid made it through but don't think for a minute these lists represent the best talent on LI.

Everyone drops out after the Nassau Suffolk game, kids who don’t attend the earlier rounds somehow end up in that game in front of hundreds of college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, don't play just to have fun, only lace em up if the"coaches" are there. Ridiculous statement and the exact reason everyone on here makes the same ridiculous complaints every year. No one plays to have fun anymore. You have all killed the sport with your "recruiting" nonsense. Just remember a good tutor and some SAT prep classes and your kid will get a whole lot more money than any "lax ride".[/quote]

You can grab six of your buddies, drag two cages together and go have fun… you don’t need to pay $600 to go upstate to do so. People generally pay that much money for recruiting showcases where there are a lot of coaches attending. If it was about fun they wouldn’t be charging so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, don't play just to have fun, only lace em up if the"coaches" are there. Ridiculous statement and the exact reason everyone on here makes the same ridiculous complaints every year. No one plays to have fun anymore. You have all killed the sport with your "recruiting" nonsense. Just remember a good tutor and some SAT prep classes and your kid will get a whole lot more money than any "lax ride".

You can grab six of your buddies, drag two cages together and go have fun… you don’t need to pay $600 to go upstate to do so. People generally pay that much money for recruiting showcases where there are a lot of coaches attending. If it was about fun they wouldn’t be charging so much[/quote]

Exactly add in the cost of the original tryout plus the cost of traveling upstate. Some, if not most need to take time off from work. All for a B level tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can grab six of your buddies, drag two cages together and go have fun… you don’t need to pay $600 to go upstate to do so. People generally pay that much money for recruiting showcases where there are a lot of coaches attending. If it was about fun they wouldn’t be charging so much

Exactly add in the cost of the original tryout plus the cost of traveling upstate. Some, if not most need to take time off from work. All for a B level tournament[/quot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are enjoying the Capital Region and you are sweating it out on LI. Shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa has all there top point leaders back except one. The Dale is getting back 2 good players from Catholic schools so that should help them. Nassau conference 1 will have to go through one of these two schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 241 of 264 1 2 239 240 241 242 243 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard