BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 79 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you think current Coppermine or Crush players would leave those teams for a spot on the Red team?

Starters, or people with consistent playing time definitely not. But someone who feels they aren't developing because they aren't getting the reps on the field may at least check it out and see what the talent level will look like. At this age playing time is a big factor for development. They need those reps and game situations to grow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent club options for a late bloomer player in middle school seeking development, game experience and excellent coaching are the B teams of M&D, Heroes and SW (colleges are recruiting from these teams later in high school as well - low D1, D2 and D3).

So our other clubs, not just those teams. Comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at history M&D red is made up of three types of players

1) Girls who get cut from M&D Black prior year
2) Good not great players from mid-tier A clubs looking for a better schedule (eg. HoCo, TLC)
3) Stars from B clubs looking to get into better club (ex CC Lax, MC Elite, Check Hers)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at history M&D red is made up of three types of players

1) Girls who get cut from M&D Black prior year
2) Good not great players from mid-tier A clubs looking for a better schedule (eg. HoCo, TLC)
3) Stars from B clubs looking to get into better club (ex CC Lax, MC Elite, Check Hers)

Not sure I'd agree with 2. # 1 for sure, definitely will be some roster turnover, i.e moving down from black to red

For the players looking for better schedules, HoCo black plays in NGLL A and I can't imagine Red would play in higher brackets in tourneys than HoCo? Would seem odd to go from an A team to a B team.

For # 3, I think that is a very small pool. I don't think there are many stars/top players currently on B clubs that would want to go to the Red team. Those stars would want to go to the Black team to improve their club. Not sure many top players would want to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Coppermine 2028 Black for winning the Genesis Origins tournament! Great job against some very good teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.
Why the bitterness? If Coppermine welcomed the girl to its team and the girl wanted to play for Coppermine, what's the beef? It seems to me that everyone involved benefited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haters gonna detest! Jealous much? Let me guess Coppermine just beat you in this weekend tourney, so you take to BOC and hide behind the internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right—it’s ok for SW to add players, but not ok for Coppermine.

Sounds like someone is bitter…why not just try out for Coppermine so you don’t feel left out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right—it’s ok for SW to add players, but not ok for Coppermine.

Sounds like someone is bitter…why not just try out for Coppermine so you don’t feel left out?

Y’all get a double asterisks for that win**

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha looks like crush parents back on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geez, these comments have a burnt tangerine smell to them…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's always something with this crowd...Coppermine never just wins because they're a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the bitterness? If Coppermine welcomed the girl to its team and the girl wanted to play for Coppermine, what's the beef? It seems to me that everyone involved benefited.
Probably not a benefit to the girl’s former team, the girls already on Coppermine and their parents who paid a lot of money for the season and don’t expect players to be added during tournaments with no warning, and the girls signed up for tryout for the team in 2 weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulation to Coppermine 28 black for winning Summer Genesis Origins. Very well played against some great competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulation to Coppermine 28 black for winning Summer Genesis Origins. Very well played against some great competition.

Did Coppermine* beat M&D or Heros to win the ‘ship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably not a benefit to the girl’s former team, the girls already on Coppermine and their parents who paid a lot of money for the season and don’t expect players to be added during tournaments with no warning, and the girls signed up for tryout for the team in 2 weeks.
How do you know what the Coppermine parents want? Do you have a daughter who plays for Coppermine? Frankly all I saw from the Coppermine parents was extreme happiness over winning the tournament.

Also, I think parents are sadly mistaken if they think they make decisions about who is accepted on a team, when they are accepted, who plays, etc. Those roles and others fall under the leaders of the programs to which the parents chose for their daughters.

As far as the girl’s former team - I guess I am having a difficult time accepting that the girl is its indentured servant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know what the Coppermine parents want? Do you have a daughter who plays for Coppermine? Frankly all I saw from the Coppermine parents was extreme happiness over winning the tournament.

Also, I think parents are sadly mistaken if they think they make decisions about who is accepted on a team, when they are accepted, who plays, etc. Those roles and others fall under the leaders of the programs to which the parents chose for their daughters.

As far as the girl’s former team - I guess I am having a difficult time accepting that the girl is its indentured servant.

What team did the new player come from? Did that team have a tournament this weekend as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting info, is this actually true? What was the "former" team? I have a guess based on who didn't play at Genesis this weekend. Coppermine is a good team and 1 of the teams we have thought about trying out for. Real curious to hear the truth on all this or is it just sour grapes that they beat another team that may be looking at losing their top players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can see on Tourney Machine who they played. Beat: EagleStix 6-5
Aces 9-5
Legacy LI 16-2
Top Guns 12-2
In playoffs beat:
Philly Blast 6-2
Crush 8-3

Notably, Coppermine’s B team also did well. Going undefeated in regular play and losing in the semis to AIM, who won that division. Beat:
Top Guns 8-7
Yellow Jackets 15-1
Philly Blast 12-5
REV 14-5
In playoffs lost:
AIM 7-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aces 9-5
Legacy LI 16-2
Top Guns 12-2
In playoffs beat:
Philly Blast 6-2
Crush 8-3

Hats off to Coppermine on winning the 2028 Summer Genesis Tournament... There is no doubt about it Coppermine is the best 2028 team.
Would also like to give props to two other MD teams Crush (lost to Coppermine in the Final) and MDU. All represented MD Lax very well going undefeated against NY, PA and Georgia teams

Notably, Coppermine’s B team also did well. Going undefeated in regular play and losing in the semis to AIM, who won that division. Beat:
Top Guns 8-7
Yellow Jackets 15-1
Philly Blast 12-5
REV 14-5
In playoffs lost:
AIM 7-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha looks like crush parents back on BOTC.

Was this player a guest for the torunament, or added to the team for next season? What team was she from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is a MD forum but curious what happened to Eagle Stix? They went 1-2-1 at Summer Genesis this weekend. Were they without key players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting info, is this actually true? What was the "former" team? I have a guess based on who didn't play at Genesis this weekend. Coppermine is a good team and 1 of the teams we have thought about trying out for. Real curious to hear the truth on all this or is it just sour grapes that they beat another team that may be looking at losing their top players?
What makes you think they are losing their top players? They are one of the best teams in the nation with a really good coach. Seems to me players would want go to this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is a MD forum but curious what happened to Eagle Stix? They went 1-2-1 at Summer Genesis this weekend. Were they without key players?

Hats off to Coppermine on winning the 2028 Summer Genesis Tournament... There is no doubt about it Coppermine is the best 2028 team.
Would also like to give props to two other MD teams Crush (lost to Coppermine in the Final) and MDU. All represented MD Lax very well going undefeated against NY, PA and Georgia teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think they are losing their top players? They are one of the best teams in the nation with a really good coach. Seems to me players would want go to this team.
I think they mean that the team this new Coppermine girl left is losing a top player. Yes, other top players will try out there too I am sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club did they get a midfielder from? A pretty good guarantee that the girl who got benched as a result won't be back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Was really impressed with Crush against Eagle Stix. Didn't get an opportunity to see MD United. But, it's really great to see the MD teams do well against out of state competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aces 9-5
Legacy LI 16-2
Top Guns 12-2
In playoffs beat:
Philly Blast 6-2
Crush 8-3

Top Guns 8-7
Yellow Jackets 15-1
Philly Blast 12-5
REV 14-5
In playoffs lost:
AIM 7-4

I think the most interesting part of the summer will be where the Coppermine B team girls play next year. They have 3 or 4 girls who could play on most high level A teams and another 2 or 3 that could play on middle of the pack A teams. Can't see them staying with their current team if they are serious about lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the vitriol here and can appreciate it to some extent, but if you think Coppermine is the only team where this happened, you are either crazy or naive.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, most top A teams have had girls from other clubs "work in" at practice. Sometimes they will let girls guest play in a tourney or tow as an extended tryout. This weekend made a ton of sense because it conflicted with a major soccer tourney and resulted in a smaller roster size for many teams.

The only way I would have a problem with this is if the guest player's team was also scheduled to play in this tourney. One I think its morally wrong. Two, if this girls was registered with her own teams roster and played for Coppermine, then she was in eligible and Coppermine (or any team that used a girl registered for a different club) should have to forfeit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they mean that the team this new Coppermine girl left is losing a top player. Yes, other top players will try out there too I am sure.
Though they were referring to the team Coppermine beat in the finals. It will be interesting to see where the top players from other clubs end up. I know one team has already secured a top player from a lower level team. Should be an impact player right away and may participate in the Mid-Atlantic in a couple of weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a crush parent i am embarrassed and apologize for this post. We knew about the new player before the game and I noticed and respected that coppermine did not start her in the game. Parents sideline was really only vocal when cheering when they scored. I can say our coach has had better days and could have chosen different language during the game. Was it a tough loss yes, did my daughter take it rough yes, but coppermine is a great team and is getting targeted unfairly by someone on our team which I am sorry for. Crush did great and I am proud of my daughter and the team. I hope these comments do not deter others from exploring crush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the vitriol here and can appreciate it to some extent, but if you think Coppermine is the only team where this happened, you are either crazy or naive.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, most top A teams have had girls from other clubs "work in" at practice. Sometimes they will let girls guest play in a tourney or tow as an extended tryout. This weekend made a ton of sense because it conflicted with a major soccer tourney and resulted in a smaller roster size for many teams.

The only way I would have a problem with this is if the guest player's team was also scheduled to play in this tourney. One I think its morally wrong. Two, if this girls was registered with her own teams roster and played for Coppermine, then she was in eligible and Coppermine (or any team that used a girl registered for a different club) should have to forfeit.

Great points.. As brought up in previous threads, coppermine does have some soccer players on the team and also that team lost one of their best players to a torn ACL from what my daughter said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a crush parent i am embarrassed and apologize for this post. We knew about the new player before the game and I noticed and respected that coppermine did not start her in the game. Parents sideline was really only vocal when cheering when they scored. I can say our coach has had better days and could have chosen different language during the game. Was it a tough loss yes, did my daughter take it rough yes, but coppermine is a great team and is getting targeted unfairly by someone on our team which I am sorry for. Crush did great and I am proud of my daughter and the team. I hope these comments do not deter others from exploring crush.

No reason to necessarily assume this is a Crush parent. Girl was on Coppermine and tournament organizers SM. Could be anyone who’s paying enough attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No reason to necessarily assume this is a Crush parent. Girl was on Coppermine and tournament organizers SM. Could be anyone who’s paying enough attention.

Ok crush parent.. the post was minutes after game!! Haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle Stix lost 6-5 to Coppermine, tied MD United and lost to Crush 8-6. They are a good team and the games were close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They normally have an easier path to playoffs. This was the first time they had to play tough competition for the entire tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aces 9-5
Legacy LI 16-2
Top Guns 12-2
In playoffs beat:
Philly Blast 6-2
Crush 8-3

Top Guns 8-7
Yellow Jackets 15-1
Philly Blast 12-5
REV 14-5
In playoffs lost:
AIM 7-4

I think the most interesting part of the summer will be where the Coppermine B team girls play next year. They have 3 or 4 girls who could play on most high level A teams and another 2 or 3 that could play on middle of the pack A teams. Can't see them staying with their current team if they are serious about lax.
I have seen that team a few times - what positions do you think are strong players? Goalie is very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Though they were referring to the team Coppermine beat in the finals. It will be interesting to see where the top players from other clubs end up. I know one team has already secured a top player from a lower level team. Should be an impact player right away and may participate in the Mid-Atlantic in a couple of weeks.

Correct, I was referring to the team that lost in the finals having bias and putting out negative posts, especially with the potential for their top players to maybe leave. Agree Coppermine is top of their game and any top player would want to go there.

As for the other post for top players working in at practices, 100% accurate. Seen it myself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, I was referring to the team that lost in the finals having bias and putting out negative posts, especially with the potential for their top players to maybe leave. Agree Coppermine is top of their game and any top player would want to go there.

As for the other post for top players working in at practices, 100% accurate. Seen it myself.
What makes you think they are losing their top players?

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 79 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard