BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A simple statement made by a simpleton. FLG may not have a high powered offense but their team defense is one of the best around and that’s because it starts from their attack all the way through to one of the best goalies on LI. They play one of the best all around team oriented offense as well as defense.

FLG has one good team. Look at all of the other graduating years in the US Club lacrosee rankings. They are being very careful what tournaments they put their teams in. Brilliant. And very true about their goalie. Can anyone guess what their ranking would be without one of the best goalies on LI? I'm guessing the same as their other teams.

Seems like there is some heavy YJ, TG recruiting happening on this thread.

Let’s see if my comment gets posted bc my last few have been ignored. He is not for anyone who does not want their kid screamed at during practice, at games, in between games… A previous commenter mentioned this. It’s true and then some. Most parents and kids wouldn’t be able to stomach it.

To clarify- TG is not for everyone

But you must admit…they have an impressive list of recruits, so if my kid needs to be yelled at to wake her up on the field, then she probably deserves it.

To each her own. But for many parents, the emotional toll of that kind of berating by coaches is not worth it. I’m not judging bc I agree that it works for some kids. But I think those kids and families are in the minority.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question though for FLG players -- what is the rationale behind not playing any highly competitive Fall tourneys?

YJA, YJB, TG will likely play 16-20 fall games against top-20 quality opposition. FLG will play zero. Can't see how that helps player development.[/quote]

Why do you care what these girls do? Is this the kind of thing you think about at night? Those girls play great, not good, lacrosse, have fun and will get the chance to play ( if they want) in high school and possibly college. They have played many of the top 10 teams at one point of another and have had success. They have a small roster with room for some good players to go there. The real question is if you are a bench player or a player looking for a better experience at either a TG or YJ , why wouldn’t you try out at either FLG or Liberty or Jesters where maybe your daughter will have more chance to grow?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question though for FLG players -- what is the rationale behind not playing any highly competitive Fall tourneys?

YJA, YJB, TG will likely play 16-20 fall games against top-20 quality opposition. FLG will play zero. Can't see how that helps player development.

Why do you care what these girls do? Is this the kind of thing you think about at night? Those girls play great, not good, lacrosse, have fun and will get the chance to play ( if they want) in high school and possibly college. They have played many of the top 10 teams at one point of another and have had success. They have a small roster with room for some good players to go there. The real question is if you are a bench player or a player looking for a better experience at either a TG or YJ , why wouldn’t you try out at either FLG or Liberty or Jesters where maybe your daughter will have more chance to grow?[/quote]

Liberty and Jesters play a great schedule and have strong coaching. They would be great spots for a talented girl to develop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is struggling to put the girls in good tournaments, as the years grow I bet they will be put into more like how they were added to Lax by the Sea, Live Love Lax, and Maryland cup. As for recruiting (which we should not be talking about at this age) Wink has so many connections to get these girls anywhere. The team is so talented they will get noticed anyway. Most of their starting line up made All Long island. They have two girls playing in NYSR which is for the top 26s in Nassau and Suffolk, playing as 27s. The team is talented and they will get noticed just like YJ and definitely more then TGA, because they are a top 10 team in the nation. FLG has everything but the tournaments and as years grow they will continue to go into better ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is struggling to put the girls in good tournaments, as the years grow I bet they will be put into more like how they were added to Lax by the Sea, Live Love Lax, and Maryland cup. As for recruiting (which we should not be talking about at this age) Wink has so many connections to get these girls anywhere. The team is so talented they will get noticed anyway. Most of their starting line up made All Long island. They have two girls playing in NYSR which is for the top 26s in Nassau and Suffolk, playing as 27s. The team is talented and they will get noticed just like YJ and definitely more then TGA, because they are a top 10 team in the nation. FLG has everything but the tournaments and as years grow they will continue to go into better ones.

I think this is more about development than recruiting. Girls improve by playing top compeition. I am not that bothered by their summer schedule since they have 2 good tourneys. But not playing any big tourneys in the fall is a mistake.

Will be interesting to see if they lose any of their top players as a result.

Too early to see who get noticed more in recruiting. If history holds TGA will get as many look as any team in the country.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. FLG has everything but the tournaments and as years grow they will continue to go into better ones.

Agree FLG is a great team. But this shows a basic lack of understanding of how the big tourneys work. They big tourneys that they are not in all have multiple year waiting lists. Under they are acquired by YJ, Steps or Thinklax, I can't see them getting into Lax For the Cure or Summer Genesis at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is more about development than recruiting. Girls improve by playing top compeition. I am not that bothered by their summer schedule since they have 2 good tourneys. But not playing any big tourneys in the fall is a mistake.

Too early to see who get noticed more in recruiting. If history holds TGA will get as many look as any team in the country.

Is TGA a strong team? They don't play any Long Island teams or tourneys it seems. Hard to tell where they stack up with YJ, FLG, Jesters, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. FLG has everything but the tournaments and as years grow they will continue to go into better ones.

Agree FLG is a great team. But this shows a basic lack of understanding of how the big tourneys work. They big tourneys that they are not in all have multiple year waiting lists. Under they are acquired by YJ, Steps or Thinklax, I can't see them getting into Lax For the Cure or Summer Genesis at this point.

How many top 10 teams are on the waiting list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 10 teams from a club that has only one team to enter? That's not how it works

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 10 teams from a club that has only one team to enter? That's not how it works

Waiting lists are by age group. not assessment of quality of team. Driven by when you put down your wait list deposit. Only way anyone skips the wait list is it YJ or Steps adds another teams.

This is why so many out of state teams enter at young age groups so they will be in tourney when it matters more.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the #1 2028 team in the country (Coppermine) couldn't get off the waitlist because they try to renew a day late.

They got off the waitlist by signing up for Lax For the Cure West. FLG could probably do the same but otherwise probably can't skip the line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the #1 2028 team in the country (Coppermine) couldn't get off the waitlist because they try to renew a day late.

They got off the waitlist by signing up for Lax For the Cure West. FLG could probably do the same but otherwise probably can't skip the line.

Why do people care so much what tourneys FLG plays? If the parents are ok with it, let them be! Everyone has their own reasons for picking which club they’re in. Geesh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people care so much what tourneys FLG plays? If the parents are ok with it, let them be! Everyone has their own reasons for picking which club they’re in. Geesh

Just trying to help lady. Geesh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think its people caring about what tourneys they play in. I think it is experienced folks trying to refute the notion the FLG could suddenly get into the top national tourneys by simply deciding to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is FLG 2027 an outlier, that is, a very good team on a program that typically isn't at that high level?

See BLC 27 as example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what that team seems to be.

Is FLG 2027 an outlier, that is, a very good team on a program that typically isn't at that high level?

See BLC 27 as example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC wasn’t that good. Not sure what all the hype was about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Yes, they got a great core of 6 or 7 girls who have decided to stick together and play. They only lost 1 players to YJ last summer, If that trend keeps up, they will be very competitive for a while

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is TGA a strong team? They don't play any Long Island teams or tourneys it seems. Hard to tell where they stack up with YJ, FLG, Jesters, etc.

Definitely the #3 team on the island. A decent gap over liberty and jesters. Have played really well at LLL and L4TC. Should have beaten M&D Black in the L4TC quarterfinals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Yes, they got a great core of 6 or 7 girls who have decided to stick together and play. They only lost 1 players to YJ last summer, If that trend keeps up, they will be very competitive for a while

what losing 1 or 2 players a year from a roster of 15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one of top 5 or 6 teams in the country and one of the few who have beaten M&D. But you are right, no big deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Lost 2 to YJ last year and cut a few. This year with all the conflicts with YJ coaching and them beating YJ the tryouts should definitely have some good players on the island. The 15 player roster will definitely not stick till next year, next season I think their team is going to have a much bigger and deeper roster. As the team is talented the core players will probably stay, which is basically the whole team, and definitely some other good girls will try out. I think FLG will stay a competitive top 10 team in years to come because of their coaching and players who are committed to staying there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Lost 2 to YJ last year and cut a few. This year with all the conflicts with YJ coaching and them beating YJ the tryouts should definitely have some good players on the island. The 15 player roster will definitely not stick till next year, next season I think their team is going to have a much bigger and deeper roster. As the team is talented the core players will probably stay, which is basically the whole team, and definitely some other good girls will try out. I think FLG will stay a competitive top 10 team in years to come because of their coaching and players who are committed to staying there.
I’m hearing those girls are going back to FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Hearing different

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Hearing different

Agree those who left are not coming back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely the #3 team on the island. A decent gap over liberty and jesters. Have played really well at LLL and L4TC. Should have beaten M&D Black in the L4TC quarterfinals.

Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Major migration to Empire happening. Shhhhh. It’s a secret.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There probably will be movement amongst YJA and B as B is looking better and better each week. Many YJ teams have 2 strong teams in a respective age class. The B team seems to not have the dominating or athletic players but play team oriented ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They actually lost 2 to YJ last year and will lose a few more this year. The allure and temptation to be part of the YJ machine is hard to stay away from……

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one of top 5 or 6 teams in the country and one of the few who have beaten M&D. But you are right, no big deal.

YJA took it to them last weekend, but they are very much a top-5 team. Not sure they play this summer again and may lose players now with the fact they don’t go beyond 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Nope. Try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is NYSR?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is NYSR?
What is NYSR?

An an intraState regional lacrosse tournament. Nassau and Suffolk each have their two teams.

Some decent players, but to be fair many of the top players don't tryout. Agree that FLG has some fanastic 27s, but playing up in this tourney isn't really that big of a deal.

For some reasons, the boys tourney tends to get more top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG a decent gap over Jesters? By what analysis? They haven't played. Notice that TG rarely plays in the top 1 or 2 brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG a decent gap over Jesters? By what analysis? They haven't played. Notice that TG rarely plays in the top 1 or 2 brackets.
Jesters played in the top bracket once last weekend. Don’t act like they always play in a top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is NYSR?
What is NYSR?

An an intraState regional lacrosse tournament. Nassau and Suffolk each have their two teams.

Some decent players, but to be fair many of the top players don't tryout. Agree that FLG has some fanastic 27s, but playing up in this tourney isn't really that big of a deal.

For some reasons, the boys tourney tends to get more top players.

Disagree, obviously some 2027 players didn't try out because it was an invite only for 2027s playing up. However, the event hosts the top 25 26' players in suffolk and nassau and is very competitive. My friends daughter that went to try outs for suffolk said all the top players from the island in 26' were there, lots of players from manning and jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe take a look at who they are playing this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are some of you thinking calling out players by number, or other identifiers? These girls are 12 and 13! Not to mention, many of them are actually reading this thread. Do you want to be responsible for crushing confidence or causing gossip about a child? The other adults on this page have enough maturity to see through these posts- we know it’s a few parents who are caught up in gossip about their kids lacrosse. We see the desperate efforts to knock down teams to boost their own ego or to satisfy some sick obsession with lacrosse in 7th/8th grade. But these kids don’t see that. Let’s be better than that and stop calling out players (And coaches for that matter) . Keep it constructive and not destructive. Please consider the well-being of our children first and don’t post anything you would not want a child reading.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said, let's hope all the the 2027 LI lacrosse girls luck in their lacrosse journey, those who are mentioned are great kids from great families, who cares what jersey they wear or if they beat or lost to a team be a few goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can;t figure TG out, they look great in close loss to Eagle Stix and blow out over NEMS but then not so much against MD United.

Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard