Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,273
Posts346,911
Members2,493
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 56 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His club has him are all over their social pounding his chest and its wrong that he plays down. his very good player but not aa chance same player at 27. Wrong wrong wrong.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
His club has him are all over their social pounding his chest and its wrong that he plays down. his very good player but not aa chance same player at 27. Wrong wrong wrong.

So, call out the club ! Not the kid. People better get used to the older kid scenario. Going to be the new norm. People will hold the kids back even younger now for the clear advantages it provides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play this out just a bit...more and more holdbacks makes it incredibly difficult for actual on-age kids to make a team. In 10 years are we looking at a situation where you HAVE to hold your kid back so they can play club lacrosse? Literally holding them back academically so they can play a sport that doesn't even have full scholarships (as if they are going to get one anyway). This is how you kill "the fastest growing sport in America". This is why you need an actual governing body.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, call out the club ! Not the kid. People better get used to the older kid scenario. Going to be the new norm. People will hold the kids back even younger now for the clear advantages it provides.

The club was called out for using 7th grades this past weekend and nobody from 2way said anything to dispute it.

Now, it’s BOC so I now expect a fake news or some type of post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play this out just a bit...more and more holdbacks makes it incredibly difficult for actual on-age kids to make a team. In 10 years are we looking at a situation where you HAVE to hold your kid back so they can play club lacrosse? Literally holding them back academically so they can play a sport that doesn't even have full scholarships (as if they are going to get one anyway). This is how you kill "the fastest growing sport in America". This is why you need an actual governing body.

My kid plays on a top team in the country. Yes, he plays against and with this holdbacks everyday and weekend. Guess what he kicks their butts. He loves beating them. Instead of complaining use it as a motivational hammerhead. Age is a number don’t allow it to be an excuse. Hard work and a will to win and be the best is what counts!

Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays on a top team in the country. Yes, he plays against and with this holdbacks everyday and weekend. Guess what he kicks their butts. He loves beating them. Instead of complaining use it as a motivational hammerhead. Age is a number don’t allow it to be an excuse. Hard work and a will to win and be the best is what counts!

OK, Your kid is only in 6th grade , it’s only going to get worse as he gets older. Easy now before growth spurts!!

Check out the top D1 college commits in the last few years and then you will realize what the real situation is. Good luck to your kid in the coming years. I bet you will consider an extra year if you want him to play high level D1 college lacrosse!? It’s a sad situation with the holdbacks, but it’s the reality of the sport. Will to win or not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my initial post I specifically did not mention the "stud attackman" number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah 11/12 yr old you can beat those 13/14 yr olds you just have to want it more….smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, Your kid is only in 6th grade , it’s only going to get worse as he gets older. Easy now before growth spurts!!

Check out the top D1 college commits in the last few years and then you will realize what the real situation is. Good luck to your kid in the coming years. I bet you will consider an extra year if you want him to play high level D1 college lacrosse!? It’s a sad situation with the holdbacks, but it’s the reality of the sport. Will to win or not!

I think you mean if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying over will to win or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you mean if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying over will to win or not.

It’s not cheating, as the sport allows it and rewards it. Once again, look at the college commits! I personally do not like the holdback situation and think rules need to be changed during youth years as to not to encourage it!

Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah 11/12 yr old you can beat those 13/14 yr olds you just have to want it more….smh

The sad part is that a lot of people on here truly believe that. Zero comprehension of how each stage of puberty increases the strength, stamina, and endurance of a young athlete. Very similar situation as those women (the true biological ones) swimming against the one woman (not biological one) from UPenn. They should just want it more. Then they could beat “her”. Once again, you all know I’m right. Carry on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OP kid is 6th grader. Give him a year and he will be on here complaining about holdbacks as well. Reality check will hit him in middle school when there will be would be 9th graders in 7th grade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Wrong. You are out of your mind. A 13yr old kid has a significant advantage over a kid he's one and a half years older than. Even if its only one year older. It's called puberty and testosterone. They are undefeated. Both kids work their butts off. The older kid wins. That's why they hold them back. Everyone knows this. Why is this even a question? My son has been playing against older kids his entire life. He doesn't complain , he just works through it. But he certainly suffers from it and its getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play this out just a bit...more and more holdbacks makes it incredibly difficult for actual on-age kids to make a team. In 10 years are we looking at a situation where you HAVE to hold your kid back so they can play club lacrosse?.

This has already happened everywhere outside of NY. If your son/daughter works their jerks off they'll make the team. They'll get physically destroyed and will be at the bottom of the roster but they'll make it. This is also one of the reasons their is a lack of diversity in lacrosse. Families with less income can't pre-k their kids. They need them at school so they can go to work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new rankings are out after a big few weeks of tournaments, more big ones incoming. Here is a list of the top teams this week from the NY area

#1 Venom (LI)
#6 2Way (CT)
#9 Express North (CT)
#11 Thunder (NY)
#20 BBL (NJ)
#24 Rush (LI)
#26 Express (LI)
#31 Legacy (LI)
#33 BTB (LI)
#35 Rebels (LI)
#42 3D Garden State (NJ)
#43 S2S (LI)
#46 Orange Crush (NY)
#47 Surge (LI)
#49 Sweetlax (NY)
#51 Turtles (LI)
#53 91 Tristate (NY)
#58 Igloo (LI)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No surprise that Rebels are being shady. $1500 for 2 tournaments…what stunads said yes to that? It’s a “B” team in a shiny helmet. Epic failure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No surprise that Rebels are being shady. $1500 for 2 tournaments…what stunads said yes to that? It’s a “B” team in a shiny helmet. Epic failure

I think your number is off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think your number is off

Crazy! BTB was $1500 for fall and summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re getting good playing time then stay, If you’re not, then it might be time to go elsewhere. I think the rebels and 91 will see the most number of kids trying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will certainly pull in big numbers and talent. I would not assume any skilled kids would be looking to move to the rebels, their results have been rough this whole season (they beat legacy 1 time). Express will pull in big numbers and talent too, but I have no idea how their parents are ok with 30+ kids on their teams. Turtles top kids are apparently going to be moving, I wonder if any other teams will see mass migrations. Rebels, Igloo and the Turtles all have some very skilled kids, but their teams just are not competitive vs A teams anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is staring an East team…I bet a lot of Rebels, turtles, btb, kids will go to that tryout. It’s 91 & Express…can’t compare to any other club on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s $1500 for 2 or 3 tournaments. Even if it’s 3…that’s insane for a B team calling themselves a “national” team…there are kids on the team who barely get play time on the. “AA” team but they must’ve been desperate for the numbers. Hey, to those parents-enjoy those $900 shiny helmets smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s $1500 for 2 or 3 tournaments. Even if it’s 3…that’s insane for a B team calling themselves a “national” team…there are kids on the team who barely get play time on the. “AA” team but they must’ve been desperate for the numbers. Hey, to those parents-enjoy those $900 shiny helmets smile

Why do you care? SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is staring an East team…I bet a lot of Rebels, turtles, btb, kids will go to that tryout. It’s 91 & Express…can’t compare to any other club on LI.

There is 91, then you can’t compare on Long Island. I just glanced through the results for the year and Express has beaten Legacy and Rush this year, but all were close games. Express does beat the rest of the Long Island teams handily

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is 91, then you can’t compare on Long Island. I just glanced through the results for the year and Express has beaten Legacy and Rush this year, but all were close games. Express does beat the rest of the Long Island teams handily

Hence, why teams have tryouts. I’m guessing this is your first time around this travel environment. Rosters change often, kids are unhappy, parents are crazy. Never sleep on Express, trust me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya'll really need to get a grip... Just reread these comments you all sound like jag offs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen the B teams on those clubs? Not to be mean but why will express east or rebels east for that matter be any different than B teams? There are not too many really talented kids that are undiscovered. There will be maybe 10 impact players that could help out top clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care? SMH

Because we live in their heads rent free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No different than warrior or apex

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many clubs are 2-3 kids away from falling or soaring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REBELS WIN ANOTHER TOURNEY...WHO CARES IF IT WAS A 3 TEAM TOURNAMENT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call Legacy gets to play primetime in the next tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They want no part of madlax in that tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REBELS WIN ANOTHER TOURNEY...WHO CARES IF IT WAS A 3 TEAM TOURNAMENT

You obviously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They want no part of madlax in that tournament

Go back to the Maryland forum. Madlax just lost to a struggling NXT team outside the top 50. Nobody cares about mediocre Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL National picked off True National, Madlax, and playing the Hawks today... 👀

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom lost a tough one yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom lost a tough one yesterday.

Heavyweight fight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL National picked off True National, Madlax, and playing the Hawks today... 👀

Is the true national team that played in naptown the same one that played on Long Island blatant this past weekend?

Page 49 of 56 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard