BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 116 of 249 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 248 249
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love HOCO but summer season tests a team far more.

Interesting perspective. But I always considered HoCo the more fair test of how team A compares to team B, because the teams are playing one game per week, with fixed rosters, on the same fields and with the same refs, and each team gets only one shot at the others (plus playoffs) as part of league play. In summer tournaments you never know what roster a team is bringing and whether they beefed up with out of state kids, plus they are playing five games in one weekend, and teams play each other multiple times over the course of the fall and/or summer. So I always thought that a HoCo game (esp. a playoff game) is the one that "counts." Just my two cents.

One of the big benefits of a club-level league like HoCo is that there are no realistic excuses of why "normally we would have won that game." The competitiveness is as transparent as it can really be through the season. All players and coaches from AA to Elite should be blocking off those 7-8 weekends as "in season" for lax. Yeah of course, "well, a school conflict" and "but COVID," family emergencies etc, but those things happen to all teams at all ages, and a good club and good coach (from AA to Elite) can adjust for 1 kid being out on a random HoCo sunday. But absolutely, 100% of contributing players will be there 6 of 7 HoCo games.

Compare that to summer and fall tournaments and winter events (box, 6v6 etc) where there's always an excuse of "why we didn't have our top 5 guys." Or "we didn't win because the other team flew in 6 kids from TX who played entire games in tryout pinnies."

And yes, it's very ironic that the clubs who so vocally claim to "develop players" also stake their pride and their rankings on summer tournament wins where they are flying in guest players. 91 and Crabs immediately come to mind, but even FCA White used FCA Blue players in their tournament last week.....though that's hardly "flying in a player" I suppose. At least those kids all work out together all year.
FCA White brought down Blue players and had 3 guest players from 91 (downgrade of players) and still couldn't win the A division at Summer Exposure. Beware of the teams you choose to play for and respect to programs who develop their kids from try-outs and don't rely on BS rankings, guest players and out of state players.

Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Next Level players did Madlax invite to play Naptown next week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting perspective. But I always considered HoCo the more fair test of how team A compares to team B, because the teams are playing one game per week, with fixed rosters, on the same fields and with the same refs, and each team gets only one shot at the others (plus playoffs) as part of league play. In summer tournaments you never know what roster a team is bringing and whether they beefed up with out of state kids, plus they are playing five games in one weekend, and teams play each other multiple times over the course of the fall and/or summer. So I always thought that a HoCo game (esp. a playoff game) is the one that "counts." Just my two cents.
One game a week, in crappy weather half the time, during the school year, overlapping Spring Break… yeah, I do like that we have HoCo but it’s not even close to the summer season when teams play 20-25 games, against the best from all over the country. To think HoCo is a better data set is naive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the big benefits of a club-level league like HoCo is that there are no realistic excuses of why "normally we would have won that game." The competitiveness is as transparent as it can really be through the season. All players and coaches from AA to Elite should be blocking off those 7-8 weekends as "in season" for lax. Yeah of course, "well, a school conflict" and "but COVID," family emergencies etc, but those things happen to all teams at all ages, and a good club and good coach (from AA to Elite) can adjust for 1 kid being out on a random HoCo sunday. But absolutely, 100% of contributing players will be there 6 of 7 HoCo games.

Compare that to summer and fall tournaments and winter events (box, 6v6 etc) where there's always an excuse of "why we didn't have our top 5 guys." Or "we didn't win because the other team flew in 6 kids from TX who played entire games in tryout pinnies."

And yes, it's very ironic that the clubs who so vocally claim to "develop players" also stake their pride and their rankings on summer tournament wins where they are flying in guest players. 91 and Crabs immediately come to mind, but even FCA White used FCA Blue players in their tournament last week.....though that's hardly "flying in a player" I suppose. At least those kids all work out together all year.

“Summer matters more” when you lose HoCo. Of course, we’ll revert to “HoCo matters more” next year when the good guys retake the crown.
How many times has FCA beaten Madlax? And I’ll give you the last 4 years to add them up. You’ll find the number to be 0.
NL has a FOGO that gives Madlax problems— if Madlax wins 20%, they win by 5+. Problem is, they can’t win 10%!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many NL players did ML invite to play at Naptown? I will tell you the exact number: 2. The two that you can't afford to lose who have also expressed interest in playing for ML and have a lot of friends on the team. While they aren't going to play because of conflicts (to the best of my knowledge).....you can think about who as fall tryouts approach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many NL players did ML invite to play at Naptown? I will tell you the exact number: 2. The two that you can't afford to lose who have also expressed interest in playing for ML and have a lot of friends on the team. While they aren't going to play because of conflicts (to the best of my knowledge).....you can think about who as fall tryouts approach.

Oh come on. NL has a stacked roster with high-end talent at most position groupings: faceoff, goalie, midfield, defense. There aren’t two players who make or break the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is getting stale again. The Madlax vs Hawks banter gets old. On a new topic....will there be any movement among teams/players/new coaches or perhaps a new team.
Couple of good games in Vail today. FCA and Next Level won their pol games against weak opponents, but some great matchups with Mad Dog West Elite and JM3 today. I suspect Mad Dog West beats FCA, and NL beats JM3 in semis. NL with the tourney win

Heard NL didn’t even make it past the semis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax going as National team, I think they can invite as many as they'd like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax going as National team, I think they can invite as many as they'd like.

More proof capital team is slipping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LSU wants to win the SEC championship a lot more than the galleryfurniture.com bowl or whatever.

Same with HoCo and these tournaments to me.

You must be the same dude who is always on here saying such ridiculous things with incredible certainty..

A dictionary definition of "All Madlax Dads on BOTC.'

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is getting stale again. The Madlax vs Hawks banter gets old. On a new topic....will there be any movement among teams/players/new coaches or perhaps a new team.
Couple of good games in Vail today. FCA and Next Level won their pol games against weak opponents, but some great matchups with Mad Dog West Elite and JM3 today. I suspect Mad Dog West beats FCA, and NL beats JM3 in semis. NL with the tourney win

NL and FCA got smoked by some JM3 team in CO. NL back at Millon this weekend also. Are they playing NLF? Naptown or any of the other remaining BIG tourneys. Madlax playing all of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL and FCA got smoked by some JM3 team in CO. NL back at Millon this weekend also. Are they playing NLF? Naptown or any of the other remaining BIG tourneys. Madlax playing all of them

Thanks Madlax dad! JM3 is some all star team with kids from all over. We’re a DC team. Not an all star team. Madlax Nationals kills your argument there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Timeout. NL won HOCO. I thought that made them the best team in the country. How could some random team from NJ beat them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes there are and that same goes with most teams in the 6-10 range

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The other team scored more goals. I tried explaining the HOCO thing to the refs, but it was already too late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Timeout. NL won HOCO. I thought that made them the best team in the country. How could some random team from NJ beat them?

5th or 6th loss in less than 2 weeks for Next Level. Some of these elite teams haven’t lost that many in 2 years.

Next level got lucky and won HOCO. They aren’t even a top-10 team or program nationally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please define Madlax ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level couldn’t get past BBL at Millon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5th or 6th loss in less than 2 weeks for Next Level. Some of these elite teams haven’t lost that many in 2 years.

Next level got lucky and won HOCO. They aren’t even a top-10 team or program nationally.
This is TRUTH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get some more ringers and maybe you’ll win something else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d Dad here and this comment right here as bs I’ve never seen NL play but most likely this is right as this is the same situation with 2way and Express North as both of their teams top 2 middies do all the dodging and scoring for them. Also Venom has the same thing as their top attack man and goalie do most of that teams workload.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d Dad here and this comment right here as bs I’ve never seen NL play but most likely this is right as this is the same situation with 2way and Express North as both of their teams top 2 middies do all the dodging and scoring for them. Also Venom has the same thing as their top attack man and goalie do most of that teams workload.

In most games, NL actually spreads the wealth on dodging and scoring between about 6-8 middies and attackmen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Some of these elite teams" obviously doesn't include MadLax, which has lost twice to NL alone in the past *three months.* Any Hawks parents want to do this board the courtesy of tallying up the MadLax losses to your squad over the past year or two? I'm putting the over/under at 5. My point is that there's a lot a parity and good competition in the 2028 age group. Hawks are a consistently great team. NL and MadLax are both very good teams that have the talent to beat anyone--and also the tendency of 12-year-olds to be inconsistent. But we're doing this little history lesson because NL losing to a couple of national all-star teams in summer competition has apparently stirred the MadLax trolls who can't handle NL's recent domination of them and insist that it's "lucky."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Some of these elite teams" obviously doesn't include MadLax, which has lost twice to NL alone in the past *three months.* Any Hawks parents want to do this board the courtesy of tallying up the MadLax losses to your squad over the past year or two? I'm putting the over/under at 5. My point is that there's a lot a parity and good competition in the 2028 age group. Hawks are a consistently great team. NL and MadLax are both very good teams that have the talent to beat anyone--and also the tendency of 12-year-olds to be inconsistent. But we're doing this little history lesson because NL losing to a couple of national all-star teams in summer competition has apparently stirred the MadLax trolls who can't handle NL's recent domination of them and insist that it's "lucky."

ML Dad Protocol on BOTC
1) Assert dominance of youth athletics. Evidence not needed.

2) Pick apart small parts of arguments against ML (but not the heart of the argument) to demonstrate other parents are "clowns" who "have no idea what they're talking about." No detail is too small to detract from the main argument and prove the ML critics are just "clowns."

3) Excuse all losses as one-off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm gonna regret this but I will take the bait - what position are the two NL "can't afford to lose" players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm gonna regret this but I will take the bait - what position are the two NL "can't afford to lose" players?
Their FOGO and their FOGO. They lose their FOGO and they’re a middle dweller.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax lost to NXT (what would be a 4A team in HOCO) at Naptown. Lucky for them pool play didn’t matter as much at Naptown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"the tendency of 12-year-olds to be inconsistent" — No. Not my 12 year old. He is consistent. He can play 100% in any situation, no excuses. Except for Vail...I mean, that altitude would do a number on anyone's lungs. But back at sea level, he's ALWAYS on. Unless it's above 80 degrees. And above 90, I mean you can't ask kids to play in that weather. But you give me any game below 80...okay below 75 degrees, on a cloudy day, at sea level, and my kid is GOING HARD. Unless it's below 55 degrees, or rainy. But other than that, he's on point. Unless the other team has holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"the tendency of 12-year-olds to be inconsistent" — No. Not my 12 year old. He is consistent. He can play 100% in any situation, no excuses. Except for Vail...I mean, that altitude would do a number on anyone's lungs. But back at sea level, he's ALWAYS on. Unless it's above 80 degrees. And above 90, I mean you can't ask kids to play in that weather. But you give me any game below 80...okay below 75 degrees, on a cloudy day, at sea level, and my kid is GOING HARD. Unless it's below 55 degrees, or rainy. But other than that, he's on point. Unless the other team has holdbacks.

Thank you! That was the funniest post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax lost to NXT (what would be a 4A team in HOCO) at Naptown. Lucky for them pool play didn’t matter as much at Naptown
It the same NXT team Madlax beat 10-0 in March. Definitely some guest players, but Madlax played like dung nonetheless. Big let down game after a tough fought win over a very, very big and talented BBL team. That is an improved squad over the last year or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It the same NXT team Madlax beat 10-0 in March. Definitely some guest players, but Madlax played like dung nonetheless. Big let down game after a tough fought win over a very, very big and talented BBL team. That is an improved squad over the last year or two.

NXT team no different from March. They start 2 2029’s. Nice win for the Philly boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excuses are for losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is supposed to be elite, but just lost to #46 team in the country. Would love to see Madlax vs Blue Claws. Could go either way. Unlike Madlax, Blue Claws beat NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is supposed to be elite, but just lost to #46 team in the country. Would love to see Madlax vs Blue Claws. Could go either way. Unlike Madlax, Blue Claws beat NXT.

But guest players!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their FOGO and their FOGO. They lose their FOGO and they’re a middle dweller.

Are you saying there is really just one player, or that are there actually two FOGO's?

I thought you were going to say the goalie and the FOGO; the bigger goalie is a difference maker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAWKS AIN'T BEATING THE VENOM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A little early to be boozin...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Random team from NJ huh? Haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 8- Venom 7 final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 8- Venom 7 final.

Game was very physical and had some high level play on both sides of the ball. Hawks got punched in the mouth at NAL and brought a toughness (yes with some cheap shots they were called) that had been missing a few weeks back. Both teams worthy of a top ranking with Hawks being one better today. Very even and Hawks goalie was lights outt or is definitely goes Venoms ways. These teams will probably spilt matchups for the foreseeable future. Also, both are teams that are not some mercenary squad of “nationals” chasing T-shirt’s. Funny to see Madlax complain about guest players. Not sure how to handicap the Hawks V BBL matchup, the NJ team is legit and beating the best out there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 116 of 249 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 248 249
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard