BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 73 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big recruiting summer for the 24's. Someone posted good feedback on Best In Class yesterday. Lots of camps going on this week, would love to hear feedback on recruiting events. We can all check the apps to see who beat who each week.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big recruiting summer for the 24's. Someone posted good feedback on Best In Class yesterday. Lots of camps going on this week, would love to hear feedback on recruiting events. We can all check the apps to see who beat who each week.

Finally Something Helpful. There are some good showcases coming up that may still be open for registration:

*Relentless NE Showcase - UMass - This Friday
*Undisputed - New Rochelle - Monday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the Spotlight Division for UA?

This is a separate division for players that made callbacks, but didn't make a regional team. It was a new addition a few years ago (the year my daughter didn't make the team). We skipped it then and she made All America games last year, so we didn't go. Since it's in the same location on the same days as the UA All America games, I saw a little bit of it. I did see college coaches on the sidelines, but I don't know any honest opinion on the value of the event.

Maybe someone else does?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are obviously just someone trying to start trouble. Every 91 girl was showcased.

Yes I agree i

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, did someone say the jesters black are on a rise?
Lost to a # 16 - OK. Good!
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62
I'm sorry but most just don't see the rise. They've got a ton of new players from all over the place but I hear that the girls don't mix well.
They'll get there someday but not any day soon.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62
I'm sorry but most just don't see the rise. They've got a ton of new players from all over the place but I hear that the girls don't mix well.

They should be on the rise as they picked up some very good talent. Unfortunately, I think it’s a daddy ball situation that still plagues that 24 team? It’s a shame, I think they could be very good. They have a dad coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost by 3.
Another LI team that's ranked #17 lost to that #16 team by 10.

The girls mix just fine. There's no drama on the team despite what you may have heard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally Something Helpful. There are some good showcases coming up that may still be open for registration:

*Relentless NE Showcase - UMass - This Friday
*Undisputed - New Rochelle - Monday

Lots of girls down at the UVA camp this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that’s because she’s good. If your so unhappy leave. If your child is good I’m sure she will have no problem getting on another team. Stop trying to cause trouble go speak to the coaches like a man or go to another club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't NY girls be taking regents exams this week???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Private school students typically don’t take the regents exams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does it matter if they are taking them or not? Not your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only catholic schools that don’t take regents are Kberg and Chami the rest all take them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62

They should be on the rise as they picked up some very good talent. Unfortunately, I think it’s a daddy ball situation that still plagues that 24 team? It’s a shame, I think they could be very good. They have a dad coaching?

At this point why would you allow this to happen? Not healthy.
I feel bad for everyone involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don’t have tests every day over the past 2 weeks. Most 10th graders only have 3-4 regents exams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62

Strong female coach and then a dad coach. Dad coach has had the team for years, female coach new this year. The team is much better than last year issue is just that no one can overpower dad and he tells the kids crazy things that even those who have never played know are a big no no. Girls all get along. They adore the new coach. We are getting a lot of recruiting help and are in great tournaments. Majority of the girls and families are very happy. The tactic of bad mouthing the program is the same tactic so many use to try and discredit others. They forget they’re talking about children, and frankly coaches kid is decent. She isn’t a bad player at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said, to many disgruntled people bashing kids and coaches. Simple, worry about your own situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat up on a #142
Lost to a #62

Strong female coach and then a dad coach. Dad coach has had the team for years, female coach new this year. The team is much better than last year issue is just that no one can overpower dad and he tells the kids crazy things that even those who have never played know are a big no no. Girls all get along. They adore the new coach. We are getting a lot of recruiting help and are in great tournaments. Majority of the girls and families are very happy. The tactic of bad mouthing the program is the same tactic so many use to try and discredit others. They forget they’re talking about children, and frankly coaches kid is decent. She isn’t a bad player at all.

Agreed everyone needs to focus on their own clubs and less about everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters has daddy ball on a few of the teams! Not the best
situation for many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI teams looking real weak at LFTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say that again, we didn’t even have 1 team make the quarter finals. md had 5, ny, ct, and nj each had one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe You're looking at the wrong jester's team. The went 0 for 4 at LAX for the Cure. They played in a "slightly" tougher division that they always play in and I give credit trying. I guarantee that they drop at least 2 divisions at next tournament.

And what the heck happened to what supposed to be the TOP team in '23 Team on LI.
Hmm, maybe daddy couch?

None of this is the girls fault at all???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT best team?
Maybe best on their block
Maybe top 10 if the other teams their second liners.
If not maybe top 20
I'm not sure they play tournament on a regular basis.
At least the strong tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say that again, we didn’t even have 1 team make the quarter finals. md had 5, ny, ct, and nj each had one.

Terrible! The bees looked more like fly’s. I think the other LI clubs did better?

YJ 24 A’s gets a new coaching change one week before summer tournaments of recruiting year. New coach Doesn’t know the girls playing. The team got hosed a bit with this. Not the time for new coaching style and plays. Not the time for a learning curve! The team looks confused? It’s a shame, hopefully they pull it together fur their last few tournaments? Bad timing on “management” call!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrible! The bees looked more like fly’s. I think the other LI clubs did better?

YJ 24 A’s gets a new coaching change one week before summer tournaments of recruiting year. New coach Doesn’t know the girls playing. The team got hosed a bit with this. Not the time for new coaching style and plays. Not the time for a learning curve! The team looks confused? It’s a shame, hopefully they pull it together fur their last few tournaments? Bad timing on “management” call!

Sounds like a bunch of excuses. A good team will still do great despite any coaching change. I think they didn’t realize that in this recruiting year, the other teams suddenly get much better. Girls are working extra hard to get recruited. LI just is not have the best athletes.Clubs like YJ don’t really care about the girls, they care about their pockets first. This is a stressful time for the girls, and the sooner you recognize that only a small handful of your girls will be recruited to a top 20 school the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a bunch of excuses. A good team will still do great despite any coaching change. I think they didn’t realize that in this recruiting year, the other teams suddenly get much better. Girls are working extra hard to get recruited. LI just is not have the best athletes.Clubs like YJ don’t really care about the girls, they care about their pockets first. This is a stressful time for the girls, and the sooner you recognize that only a small handful of your girls will be recruited to a top 20 school the better.

Agree with your statement... "This is a stressful time for the girls, and the sooner you recognize that only a small handful of your girls will be recruited to a top 20 school the better."

There are a lot of delusional parents out there who will be making up excuses come September 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are bigger and slower than they should be. Need some athletes at both ends of field. Have 2-3 standouts right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are bigger and slower than they should be. Need some athletes at both ends of field. Have 2-3 standouts right now.

They have had 3 different coaching situations in the last 3 tournaments! Coaching does matter, a lot! They have beaten a lot of the same teams in Fall and just recently in the last few tourneys. The coaching at LFTC was not good! It mattered!! Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have had 3 different coaching situations in the last 3 tournaments! Coaching does matter, a lot! They have beaten a lot of the same teams in Fall and just recently in the last few tourneys. The coaching at LFTC was not good! It mattered!! Period.

Tell that to the college coaches! Nobody cares. You were duped by the club you walk around dressed head to toe in Bee gear. I actually feel bad for the team, but don’t know if any others are much better. It’s all about the daughters, the money and the butt lickers. If you think any different, you’re a fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell that to the college coaches! Nobody cares. You were duped by the club you walk around dressed head to toe in Bee gear. I actually feel bad for the team, but don’t know if any others are much better. It’s all about the daughters, the money and the butt lickers. If you think any different, you’re a fool.

Ramos got wrecked by a team ranked 25 when they’re 24.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was Kildare playing in a c bracket B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Wiener played top teams in the country in front over 45 top college coaches. Who cares who wins the tournament this year! It's about playing everyone and showcasing the girls. They won the whole thing last year. Really no big deal. Came in ranked 3 in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

becuase they all have parent coaches....it needs to stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 Wiener played top teams in the country in front over 45 top college coaches. Who cares who wins the tournament this year! It's about playing everyone and showcasing the girls. They won the whole thing last year. Really no big deal. Came in ranked 3 in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Wiener played top teams in the country in front over 45 top college coaches. Who cares who wins the tournament this year! It's about playing everyone and showcasing the girls. They won the whole thing last year. Really no big deal. Came in ranked 3 in the country.

Nobody cares who won last year !! They have lost or tied a few games to average teams this summer. They went 1-3 in front of college coaches and only a couple stood out. Just cause your daughter wears the yj uniform doesn’t means she got looked at. The rankings are a joke. Grizzlies are unranked. Steps plays nobodies. College coaches don’t even know these exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t Al B their coach this weekend ? Is he a bad coach ? Have a daughter on the team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are probably on to something regarding the number of girls being offered a spot at a Top 20 program. As the sport continues to grow it will also become more competitive therefore those coveted offers from the best college programs / schools will become harder to come by.

Here is a quick snapshot of the number of Long Island players selected to the Under Armour All American Team in recent years.

2016 - 13
1017 - 11
2018 - 9
2019 - 6
2020 - 10
2021 - 5
2022 - 5

I am guessing that we will see fewer girls from Long Island being offered spots at the top programs in the future as well. There are more HS girls playing and there are more college opportunities but the best programs will continue to take the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are probably on to something regarding the number of girls being offered a spot at a Top 20 program. As the sport continues to grow it will also become more competitive therefore those coveted offers from the best college programs / schools will become harder to come by.

Here is a quick snapshot of the number of Long Island players selected to the Under Armour All American Team in recent years.

2016 - 13
1017 - 11
2018 - 9
2019 - 6
2020 - 10
2021 - 5
2022 - 5

I am guessing that we will see fewer girls from Long Island being offered spots at the top programs in the future as well. There are more HS girls playing and there are more college opportunities but the best programs will continue to take the best players.

Do you think it has something to do with the AS start up? Or, is that a non factor? I’m not sure how they pick the UA All Americans? How do they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares who won last year !! They have lost or tied a few games to average teams this summer. They went 1-3 in front of college coaches and only a couple stood out. Just cause your daughter wears the yj uniform doesn’t means she got looked at. The rankings are a joke. Grizzlies are unranked. Steps plays nobodies. College coaches don’t even know these exist.

CT high school teams routinely smack aroung LI teams year in and year out. I would argue CT has better players overall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams may be losing because of them playing everyone not their top 12. Playing time before this year was mot as equal. As someone whose kid was on a team that didn’t win much the past few weekends, we had 40 coaches on the sideline each game viewing our kids profile as she played. No one but parents on this website care about the scores anymore. If you’re on here trying to blow up teams spots you have a screw lose. At this age it does not matter what the score is and if teams are competiting and not in blow out games where they’re winning by 10, they’re in the right spot.

Page 69 of 73 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard