Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 307 of 320 1 2 305 306 307 308 309 319 320
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #386319 06/23/22 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LSU wants to win the SEC championship a lot more than the galleryfurniture.com bowl or whatever.

Same with HoCo and these tournaments to me.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386346 06/23/22 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LSU wants to win the SEC championship a lot more than the galleryfurniture.com bowl or whatever.

Same with HoCo and these tournaments to me.

You must be the same dude who is always on here saying such ridiculous things with incredible certainty. It’s the Sugar Bowl or Rose Bowl and they’d rather with that because it’s usually against another top national team and for a national championship. Great teams don’t play in the galleryfurniture bowl you nitwit.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386351 06/23/22 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This forum is getting stale again. The Madlax vs Hawks banter gets old. On a new topic....will there be any movement among teams/players/new coaches or perhaps a new team.

How are we handicapping Naptown? Who is your favorite to win it and your sleeper picks?

I’ve got 91 Venom as the favorite. But I’ve got my eyes on Texas Nationals as a sleeper.

TNB is probably the favorite until someone beats them. Sleeper is 3dCo which is very fundamentally strong and ADVNC is a super sleeper that is good other age groups. Tx nationals and hawks play early so a favorite could emerge from that game that can run the table. Madlax with an easy draw and summer rentals will also be tough as will Venom who is very hot right now after Tri Star. Deepest tournament field at 2028 so far!

Does the Texas Nationals rental D-Pole play for TX Nationals or Madlax in this tourney? Lots of talk from ML parents that "he's part of the team for the summer" and not just at NAL trying to inflate the wins for rankings. Shockingly, this integral part of the team wasn't there for the Hawks game (rental anyone?). I guess we will see if he's really a Madlax player or not. Something tells me Madlax coaches have been quiet on the subject for a reason...

He’s playing Texas Nationals at Naptown. 100 percent.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386353 06/23/22 09:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LSU wants to win the SEC championship a lot more than the galleryfurniture.com bowl or whatever.

Same with HoCo and these tournaments to me.

Believe it or not, there are good teams outside of DMV. If you want to determine who the best teams are nationally, you have to look at tourneys because they include the best teams from outside DMV.

Im sure LSU would be more interested in competing for a national championship than a regional league championship.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386361 06/23/22 09:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This forum is getting stale again. The Madlax vs Hawks banter gets old. On a new topic....will there be any movement among teams/players/new coaches or perhaps a new team.
Couple of good games in Vail today. FCA and Next Level won their pol games against weak opponents, but some great matchups with Mad Dog West Elite and JM3 today. I suspect Mad Dog West beats FCA, and NL beats JM3 in semis. NL with the tourney win

Stop suspecting.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386373 06/23/22 11:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LSU wants to win the SEC championship a lot more than the galleryfurniture.com bowl or whatever.

Same with HoCo and these tournaments to me.

You must be the same dude who is always on here saying such ridiculous things with incredible certainty. It’s the Sugar Bowl or Rose Bowl and they’d rather with that because it’s usually against another top national team and for a national championship. Great teams don’t play in the galleryfurniture bowl you nitwit.

Clearly you’ve never played sports.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #386374 06/23/22 11:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how the Madlax parents are trying to diminish HoCo because the came in fourth.

Your team needs ringers from out of state to win anything these days.

Gallery furniture dot com bowl is just where fourth place teams belong.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386405 06/24/22 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahahhaha. Sure thing NL dude with the bench player.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386407 06/24/22 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love HOCO but summer season tests a team far more.

Interesting perspective. But I always considered HoCo the more fair test of how team A compares to team B, because the teams are playing one game per week, with fixed rosters, on the same fields and with the same refs, and each team gets only one shot at the others (plus playoffs) as part of league play. In summer tournaments you never know what roster a team is bringing and whether they beefed up with out of state kids, plus they are playing five games in one weekend, and teams play each other multiple times over the course of the fall and/or summer. So I always thought that a HoCo game (esp. a playoff game) is the one that "counts." Just my two cents.

One of the big benefits of a club-level league like HoCo is that there are no realistic excuses of why "normally we would have won that game." The competitiveness is as transparent as it can really be through the season. All players and coaches from AA to Elite should be blocking off those 7-8 weekends as "in season" for lax. Yeah of course, "well, a school conflict" and "but COVID," family emergencies etc, but those things happen to all teams at all ages, and a good club and good coach (from AA to Elite) can adjust for 1 kid being out on a random HoCo sunday. But absolutely, 100% of contributing players will be there 6 of 7 HoCo games.

Compare that to summer and fall tournaments and winter events (box, 6v6 etc) where there's always an excuse of "why we didn't have our top 5 guys." Or "we didn't win because the other team flew in 6 kids from TX who played entire games in tryout pinnies."

And yes, it's very ironic that the clubs who so vocally claim to "develop players" also stake their pride and their rankings on summer tournament wins where they are flying in guest players. 91 and Crabs immediately come to mind, but even FCA White used FCA Blue players in their tournament last week.....though that's hardly "flying in a player" I suppose. At least those kids all work out together all year.
FCA White brought down Blue players and had 3 guest players from 91 (downgrade of players) and still couldn't win the A division at Summer Exposure. Beware of the teams you choose to play for and respect to programs who develop their kids from try-outs and don't rely on BS rankings, guest players and out of state players.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #386413 06/24/22 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with the holdbacks on HLC?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386419 06/24/22 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love HOCO but summer season tests a team far more.

Interesting perspective. But I always considered HoCo the more fair test of how team A compares to team B, because the teams are playing one game per week, with fixed rosters, on the same fields and with the same refs, and each team gets only one shot at the others (plus playoffs) as part of league play. In summer tournaments you never know what roster a team is bringing and whether they beefed up with out of state kids, plus they are playing five games in one weekend, and teams play each other multiple times over the course of the fall and/or summer. So I always thought that a HoCo game (esp. a playoff game) is the one that "counts." Just my two cents.

One of the big benefits of a club-level league like HoCo is that there are no realistic excuses of why "normally we would have won that game." The competitiveness is as transparent as it can really be through the season. All players and coaches from AA to Elite should be blocking off those 7-8 weekends as "in season" for lax. Yeah of course, "well, a school conflict" and "but COVID," family emergencies etc, but those things happen to all teams at all ages, and a good club and good coach (from AA to Elite) can adjust for 1 kid being out on a random HoCo sunday. But absolutely, 100% of contributing players will be there 6 of 7 HoCo games.

Compare that to summer and fall tournaments and winter events (box, 6v6 etc) where there's always an excuse of "why we didn't have our top 5 guys." Or "we didn't win because the other team flew in 6 kids from TX who played entire games in tryout pinnies."

And yes, it's very ironic that the clubs who so vocally claim to "develop players" also stake their pride and their rankings on summer tournament wins where they are flying in guest players. 91 and Crabs immediately come to mind, but even FCA White used FCA Blue players in their tournament last week.....though that's hardly "flying in a player" I suppose. At least those kids all work out together all year.
FCA White brought down Blue players and had 3 guest players from 91 (downgrade of players) and still couldn't win the A division at Summer Exposure. Beware of the teams you choose to play for and respect to programs who develop their kids from try-outs and don't rely on BS rankings, guest players and out of state players.


Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386426 06/24/22 04:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Next Level players did Madlax invite to play Naptown next week?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386427 06/24/22 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love HOCO but summer season tests a team far more.

Interesting perspective. But I always considered HoCo the more fair test of how team A compares to team B, because the teams are playing one game per week, with fixed rosters, on the same fields and with the same refs, and each team gets only one shot at the others (plus playoffs) as part of league play. In summer tournaments you never know what roster a team is bringing and whether they beefed up with out of state kids, plus they are playing five games in one weekend, and teams play each other multiple times over the course of the fall and/or summer. So I always thought that a HoCo game (esp. a playoff game) is the one that "counts." Just my two cents.
One game a week, in crappy weather half the time, during the school year, overlapping Spring Break… yeah, I do like that we have HoCo but it’s not even close to the summer season when teams play 20-25 games, against the best from all over the country. To think HoCo is a better data set is naive

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386429 06/24/22 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I love HOCO but summer season tests a team far more.

Interesting perspective. But I always considered HoCo the more fair test of how team A compares to team B, because the teams are playing one game per week, with fixed rosters, on the same fields and with the same refs, and each team gets only one shot at the others (plus playoffs) as part of league play. In summer tournaments you never know what roster a team is bringing and whether they beefed up with out of state kids, plus they are playing five games in one weekend, and teams play each other multiple times over the course of the fall and/or summer. So I always thought that a HoCo game (esp. a playoff game) is the one that "counts." Just my two cents.

One of the big benefits of a club-level league like HoCo is that there are no realistic excuses of why "normally we would have won that game." The competitiveness is as transparent as it can really be through the season. All players and coaches from AA to Elite should be blocking off those 7-8 weekends as "in season" for lax. Yeah of course, "well, a school conflict" and "but COVID," family emergencies etc, but those things happen to all teams at all ages, and a good club and good coach (from AA to Elite) can adjust for 1 kid being out on a random HoCo sunday. But absolutely, 100% of contributing players will be there 6 of 7 HoCo games.

Compare that to summer and fall tournaments and winter events (box, 6v6 etc) where there's always an excuse of "why we didn't have our top 5 guys." Or "we didn't win because the other team flew in 6 kids from TX who played entire games in tryout pinnies."

And yes, it's very ironic that the clubs who so vocally claim to "develop players" also stake their pride and their rankings on summer tournament wins where they are flying in guest players. 91 and Crabs immediately come to mind, but even FCA White used FCA Blue players in their tournament last week.....though that's hardly "flying in a player" I suppose. At least those kids all work out together all year.

“Summer matters more” when you lose HoCo. Of course, we’ll revert to “HoCo matters more” next year when the good guys retake the crown.
How many times has FCA beaten Madlax? And I’ll give you the last 4 years to add them up. You’ll find the number to be 0.
NL has a FOGO that gives Madlax problems— if Madlax wins 20%, they win by 5+. Problem is, they can’t win 10%!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #386432 06/24/22 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many NL players did ML invite to play at Naptown? I will tell you the exact number: 2. The two that you can't afford to lose who have also expressed interest in playing for ML and have a lot of friends on the team. While they aren't going to play because of conflicts (to the best of my knowledge).....you can think about who as fall tryouts approach.

Like Reply Quote
Page 307 of 320 1 2 305 306 307 308 309 319 320
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4