Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:21 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:06 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 04:43 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:49 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:04 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,702
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 71 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 70 71
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #386313 06/23/22 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what that team seems to be.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is FLG 2027 an outlier, that is, a very good team on a program that typically isn't at that high level?

See BLC 27 as example.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #386316 06/23/22 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC wasn’t that good. Not sure what all the hype was about.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386324 06/23/22 04:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is FLG 2027 an outlier, that is, a very good team on a program that typically isn't at that high level?

See BLC 27 as example.

Yes, they got a great core of 6 or 7 girls who have decided to stick together and play. They only lost 1 players to YJ last summer, If that trend keeps up, they will be very competitive for a while

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386325 06/23/22 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is struggling to put the girls in good tournaments, as the years grow I bet they will be put into more like how they were added to Lax by the Sea, Live Love Lax, and Maryland cup. As for recruiting (which we should not be talking about at this age) Wink has so many connections to get these girls anywhere. The team is so talented they will get noticed anyway. Most of their starting line up made All Long island. They have two girls playing in NYSR which is for the top 26s in Nassau and Suffolk, playing as 27s. The team is talented and they will get noticed just like YJ and definitely more then TGA, because they are a top 10 team in the nation. FLG has everything but the tournaments and as years grow they will continue to go into better ones.

I think this is more about development than recruiting. Girls improve by playing top compeition. I am not that bothered by their summer schedule since they have 2 good tourneys. But not playing any big tourneys in the fall is a mistake.

Will be interesting to see if they lose any of their top players as a result.

Too early to see who get noticed more in recruiting. If history holds TGA will get as many look as any team in the country.

Is TGA a strong team? They don't play any Long Island teams or tourneys it seems. Hard to tell where they stack up with YJ, FLG, Jesters, etc.

Definitely the #3 team on the island. A decent gap over liberty and jesters. Have played really well at LLL and L4TC. Should have beaten M&D Black in the L4TC quarterfinals.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386326 06/23/22 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Yes, they got a great core of 6 or 7 girls who have decided to stick together and play. They only lost 1 players to YJ last summer, If that trend keeps up, they will be very competitive for a while

what losing 1 or 2 players a year from a roster of 15?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #386327 06/23/22 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one of top 5 or 6 teams in the country and one of the few who have beaten M&D. But you are right, no big deal.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386332 06/23/22 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Lost 2 to YJ last year and cut a few. This year with all the conflicts with YJ coaching and them beating YJ the tryouts should definitely have some good players on the island. The 15 player roster will definitely not stick till next year, next season I think their team is going to have a much bigger and deeper roster. As the team is talented the core players will probably stay, which is basically the whole team, and definitely some other good girls will try out. I think FLG will stay a competitive top 10 team in years to come because of their coaching and players who are committed to staying there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386334 06/23/22 05:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Lost 2 to YJ last year and cut a few. This year with all the conflicts with YJ coaching and them beating YJ the tryouts should definitely have some good players on the island. The 15 player roster will definitely not stick till next year, next season I think their team is going to have a much bigger and deeper roster. As the team is talented the core players will probably stay, which is basically the whole team, and definitely some other good girls will try out. I think FLG will stay a competitive top 10 team in years to come because of their coaching and players who are committed to staying there.
I’m hearing those girls are going back to FLG

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386342 06/23/22 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Hearing different

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386355 06/23/22 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See BLC 27 as example.

Hearing different

Agree those who left are not coming back.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #386357 06/23/22 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is struggling to put the girls in good tournaments, as the years grow I bet they will be put into more like how they were added to Lax by the Sea, Live Love Lax, and Maryland cup. As for recruiting (which we should not be talking about at this age) Wink has so many connections to get these girls anywhere. The team is so talented they will get noticed anyway. Most of their starting line up made All Long island. They have two girls playing in NYSR which is for the top 26s in Nassau and Suffolk, playing as 27s. The team is talented and they will get noticed just like YJ and definitely more then TGA, because they are a top 10 team in the nation. FLG has everything but the tournaments and as years grow they will continue to go into better ones.

I think this is more about development than recruiting. Girls improve by playing top compeition. I am not that bothered by their summer schedule since they have 2 good tourneys. But not playing any big tourneys in the fall is a mistake.

Will be interesting to see if they lose any of their top players as a result.

Too early to see who get noticed more in recruiting. If history holds TGA will get as many look as any team in the country.

Is TGA a strong team? They don't play any Long Island teams or tourneys it seems. Hard to tell where they stack up with YJ, FLG, Jesters, etc.

Definitely the #3 team on the island. A decent gap over liberty and jesters. Have played really well at LLL and L4TC. Should have beaten M&D Black in the L4TC quarterfinals.

Lol

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #386358 06/23/22 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Major migration to Empire happening. Shhhhh. It’s a secret.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386362 06/23/22 09:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There probably will be movement amongst YJA and B as B is looking better and better each week. Many YJ teams have 2 strong teams in a respective age class. The B team seems to not have the dominating or athletic players but play team oriented ball.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386365 06/23/22 10:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They actually lost 2 to YJ last year and will lose a few more this year. The allure and temptation to be part of the YJ machine is hard to stay away from……

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386368 06/23/22 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just one of top 5 or 6 teams in the country and one of the few who have beaten M&D. But you are right, no big deal.

YJA took it to them last weekend, but they are very much a top-5 team. Not sure they play this summer again and may lose players now with the fact they don’t go beyond 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 71 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 70 71
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard