Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 04:05 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:58 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:49 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:04 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,699
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 43 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 42 43
Re: MD Girls 2028
Anonymous #386306 06/23/22 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
PT can an issue caused by us parents too. We let our egos prevent us from playing our kids on the correct team and feel our kids must play on the best teams when they aren’t playing at that level. I was guilty of this and since moving my child to a different team that plays accordingly to her level of play she is much happier and seeing more PT & responsibilities. Wish my ego would have allowed this sooner. After all it’s our children’s turn to play the game and find what makes them happy. Hopefully this helps others facing this same issue we had in the past. Maybe she is a later developer and advances but if not she’ll be happy in the present moment.

This is a good realization and I think a good message and lesson learned for other parents to see and realize. I do agree that a lot of parents are unrealistic where their kid can play etc. Takes a lot to admit this though and a good message.

One honest question, when you all went to tryouts, was there any indication then that PT would be limited based on the level of other players etc? Just curious to how long it took to realize or recognize the move was needed or not seen during the original team's tryouts etc.
I agree that parents are sometimes overzealous in guiding their children. I am not blaming them because I don't think their actions are malicious and they are doing what thay think is best for their child. The only point I would add to the comment I am quoting is that parents should involve their children in making the decision. I in no way think the conversation should include comments like "you aren't good enough or as good as other children". I think the conversation should be primarily about whether they want to play for a team where they will have more or less playing time. They probably will choose playing on the team where they have the best/most friends anyway. It is not surprising that it is us adults that focus more on winning/losing, level of play/competition, college options, etc. Most children care more about having fun and being with friends.

These are all excellent points along with many other comments and thank you. I critically evaluated my child and honestly can say that there are 6-8 kids on the team who deserve more playing time than she is. But what we are struggling with is that the coach chose to play 14 kids and very clearly some of #9-14 are only marginally better and some are not better than the ~10 kids that was benched for several games. At least some of the benched kids could play 30% of the time. It makes no sense from coaching perspective and even if you win the several games, the best players can't even run anymore then you can't win in the semi or championship.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #386315 06/23/22 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received a notice that M&D will be having a Red Team for the 22/23 season. Another option for the girls out there.

They have tried before in the past two. all depends on numbers at try-outs
Have they hired coaches in the past? They have two coaches on board for the anticipated Red team.

No.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386317 06/23/22 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received a notice that M&D will be having a Red Team for the 22/23 season. Another option for the girls out there.

They have tried before in the past two. all depends on numbers at try-outs
Have they hired coaches in the past? They have two coaches on board for the anticipated Red team.

No.
Since they already hired coaches, I guess they already have a big commitment for tryouts. I wonder who is leaving Crush, Coppermine, etc for greener pastures

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386320 06/23/22 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D has been trying to have a Red team for the last couple of years but there has never been enough players at tryouts to make a second team. Will be interesting to see if they are able to form a competitive second team this year. I can't imagine any players from the top teams would be willing to accept a spot on Red. Maybe a few players that currently don't get playing time hoping that some day they can make it on Black. More than likely they are using it as a landing spot for some of their current Black roster.

If it does end up being a landing spot for some of their current black roster, that will be a decent start to a solid second team. There's no reason why M&D couldn't field a B team that will grow to be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386349 06/23/22 08:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you think current Coppermine or Crush players would leave those teams for a spot on the Red team?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #386359 06/23/22 09:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you think current Coppermine or Crush players would leave those teams for a spot on the Red team?

Starters, or people with consistent playing time definitely not. But someone who feels they aren't developing because they aren't getting the reps on the field may at least check it out and see what the talent level will look like. At this age playing time is a big factor for development. They need those reps and game situations to grow.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386375 06/24/22 12:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent club options for a late bloomer player in middle school seeking development, game experience and excellent coaching are the B teams of M&D, Heroes and SW (colleges are recruiting from these teams later in high school as well - low D1, D2 and D3).

So our other clubs, not just those teams. Comical.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #386380 06/24/22 06:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at history M&D red is made up of three types of players

1) Girls who get cut from M&D Black prior year
2) Good not great players from mid-tier A clubs looking for a better schedule (eg. HoCo, TLC)
3) Stars from B clubs looking to get into better club (ex CC Lax, MC Elite, Check Hers)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386442 06/24/22 09:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at history M&D red is made up of three types of players

1) Girls who get cut from M&D Black prior year
2) Good not great players from mid-tier A clubs looking for a better schedule (eg. HoCo, TLC)
3) Stars from B clubs looking to get into better club (ex CC Lax, MC Elite, Check Hers)

Not sure I'd agree with 2. # 1 for sure, definitely will be some roster turnover, i.e moving down from black to red

For the players looking for better schedules, HoCo black plays in NGLL A and I can't imagine Red would play in higher brackets in tourneys than HoCo? Would seem odd to go from an A team to a B team.

For # 3, I think that is a very small pool. I don't think there are many stars/top players currently on B clubs that would want to go to the Red team. Those stars would want to go to the Black team to improve their club. Not sure many top players would want to do that.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #386548 06/26/22 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Coppermine 2028 Black for winning the Genesis Origins tournament! Great job against some very good teams.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
loyo29 #386550 06/26/22 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386561 06/26/22 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.
Why the bitterness? If Coppermine welcomed the girl to its team and the girl wanted to play for Coppermine, what's the beef? It seems to me that everyone involved benefited.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386562 06/26/22 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haters gonna detest! Jealous much? Let me guess Coppermine just beat you in this weekend tourney, so you take to BOC and hide behind the internet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386563 06/26/22 05:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right—it’s ok for SW to add players, but not ok for Coppermine.

Sounds like someone is bitter…why not just try out for Coppermine so you don’t feel left out?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386571 06/26/22 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right—it’s ok for SW to add players, but not ok for Coppermine.

Sounds like someone is bitter…why not just try out for Coppermine so you don’t feel left out?

Y’all get a double asterisks for that win**

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 43 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard