Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:06 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 04:43 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:58 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:49 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:04 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,699
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 70 1 2 66 67 68 69 70
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #386187 06/22/22 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lol not a one - if you believe that BS you haven’t followed this team over the years. Come by and see what your missing out on - they are special. A number of them started as freshman in the MIAA.

But the debate, which rages on…is holdbacks. But who cares they are all in HS and many of them, if not all are playing vs 10th 11th and 12th graders. So if a 9th grader is older, so what?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #386214 06/23/22 06:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter? Thats not the point. If you have a good group of kids with the proper coaching good things happen. Call it A, B C whatever... The problem is too many people are caught up with status and BBQ chatter than their kids being in a good lax environment.

Maybe so…but for the kids that were at Showtime this week, it was their club that likely got them there. It’s HS, IMHO if your son just enjoys playing and not concerned with college lax, just stick with what is working, if not, you should find a club that has the right network to help get your son get into meaningful showcases and hopefully committed. Look at results, not promises.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386234 06/23/22 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter? Thats not the point. If you have a good group of kids with the proper coaching good things happen. Call it A, B C whatever... The problem is too many people are caught up with status and BBQ chatter than their kids being in a good lax environment.

Maybe so…but for the kids that were at Showtime this week, it was their club that likely got them there. It’s HS, IMHO if your son just enjoys playing and not concerned with college lax, just stick with what is working, if not, you should find a club that has the right network to help get your son get into meaningful showcases and hopefully committed. Look at results, not promises.

Do the math. Most travel rosters have 25 to 30 kids nowadays. The showcases are looking for several players from each club. Many clubs have affiliations and agreements with certain showcases. The parents and players are doing the work, paying the fees and travelling. Clubs will proudly promote their players after they've committed. A club may get you an introduction but that's about it. We've had coaches tell us we're wasting out time because we'd miss one of their events. At the end of the day it's all about being realistic, figuring out what YOUR kid wants and doing a ton of work yourself. Take what everyone else says with a grain of salt, most are full of baloney.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386276 06/23/22 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with the comment wholeheartedly. My son is one who isn’t concerned with playing after HS is over……and it seems like he is in the minority. When did things change so drastically to everything being about showcases and d1 college aspirations??
If my son needed lacrosse to get into a good school, I’d feel like a failure as a parent

My son plays lacrosse because he loves the game…..plays for a club team over the summer because he enjoys the guys on the team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386381 06/24/22 06:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with the comment wholeheartedly. My son is one who isn’t concerned with playing after HS is over……and it seems like he is in the minority. When did things change so drastically to everything being about showcases and d1 college aspirations??
If my son needed lacrosse to get into a good school, I’d feel like a failure as a parent

My son plays lacrosse because he loves the game…..plays for a club team over the summer because he enjoys the guys on the team
Less than 10% of current HS and club players will play in college. Since when did club lacrosse become all about recruitment, that's what showcases are for. I agree with the post above that covid changed club lacrosse for the worse. Fees went way up, rosters got bigger and owners keep giving less. Half these teams could hire their own coach and play together anywhere, lightbulb just went off

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #386395 06/24/22 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Less than 10% of current HS and club players will play in college. Since when did club lacrosse become all about recruitment, that's what showcases are for. I agree with the post above that covid changed club lacrosse for the worse. Fees went way up, rosters got bigger and owners keep giving less. Half these teams could hire their own coach and play together anywhere, lightbulb just went off

Don’t know, but it’s all about recruitment now. Not saying I like it, but it will be the focus of a lot of these kids starting now. That said, the right club will get you into the right showcases it seems. Look at Showtime this week, your son isn’t going unless your affiliated with a few clubs is appears based on those rosters. BTW those invites go out in the Fall, the club sends the kids. So the point is valid, if it’s all about recruitment, the club 100% matters, just look at the clubs represented at Showtime I.e., if your son is a really good player and your club lacks a network imho you might be on the wrong team if this is something your son wants. if not about recruitment, then it’s about decent coaching and a decent team and hopefully your son enjoys it and gets good minutes in HS. My two cents and my opinion just from what I have observed. Could be wrong, but worth discussing.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #386401 06/24/22 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverick Showtime excepted registrations day of event. And rostered a 2025 player onto the All-Star team, who wasn't even at the event. 😂🤣😂 Tweeted the roster, then took it down

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386430 06/24/22 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverick Showtime excepted registrations day of event. And rostered a 2025 player onto the All-Star team, who wasn't even at the event. 😂🤣😂 Tweeted the roster, then took it down

No, that’s not how it works

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386461 06/25/22 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386465 06/25/22 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is….

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #386468 06/25/22 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know how it works. But I was there when a player registered and paid that morning. And a kid did make the All Star Team without even being there. He was getting all the text 🤣

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386487 06/25/22 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know how it works. But I was there when a player registered and paid that morning. And a kid did make the All Star Team without even being there. He was getting all the text 🤣

Are you implying that there is business and politics involved in all of these complete money grab showcases? Can't be! LOL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386493 06/25/22 11:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is so far behind in policing this issue it's ridiculous. Other sports like ice hockey and soccer have a very good system. It's birth year plain and simple, for this 2025 age group it would be 2007 birth year only. They don't care if you were born on December 31, 2006. You have to submit birth certificates, the kids are issued photo ID cards each year and you have to submit an official roster prior to the season. The referee lines everyone up before each game and checks the cards, protective equipment and the roster. If you break the rules they actually have punishments, they've taken away wins and championships. This whole process starts when they are little playing on a mini field and can't even tie their own shoes yet. Granted it is a bit tedious for little kids but it sets the tone for order and fairness going forward, by the time they get older it's just part of the game. I know once you get to high school they mix grades together, you can have an 8th or 9th grader playing varsity. That's not the point, you have to create a safe and fair environment starting from the beginning.

I agree with you the “holdback” thing gets a bit crazy with a select few programs, but i don’t think you’re grasping the concept. It’s all about recruiting year. College coaches don’t care about your birth year in lax just what class you’re in, that’s what drives it. Hockey is a bad example. Most college coaches don’t recruit from high school and most high level prep players are all hold backs. Your youth hockey example and “safety” are notIntelligent. You said it yourself, you have a December 31, 2006 skating with a January 1, 2006. Full year difference, just like playing against a holdback. FYI my kid isn’t a holdback and I like him playing against older kids… cause I might hold him back in a year or two and laugh when everyone complains!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386495 06/26/22 01:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is….

Wrong

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #386565 06/26/22 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is….

Wrong

The all star comment is true. Sort of funny.

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 70 1 2 66 67 68 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard