Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 04:05 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:58 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:49 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:04 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 03:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,699
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #386200 06/22/22 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True doesn't beat anyone. And they certainly have never cut anyone. At least not in Maryland.

It's a fair question. From a MD perspective, it seems really questionable for True to make families travel that far to play against rec-level MD teams.

But I guess they do it for the love of the game?! Because of a total lack of teams in NC? To test themselves against MD's slowest, shortest and least coordinated? Maybe to justify the $2k+ price tag?

It just seems odd.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #386209 06/23/22 06:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why does true enter so many B teams into tournaments?

The tourney in Annapolis this weekend had a million true teams- every one competing in the B brackets.

There were at least 5-6 True North Carolina Teams alone.

All b level. Makes no sense to drive 7-8 hours to play B level competition.

So their business model really is just pay to play?

Why would you pay that much to enter rec divisions? Just to call yourself a “club?” Makes no sense. All those parents need to save a couple thousand dollars and just sign up for local rec lax programs.
Why do you care so much? If your kid doesn’t play for true, why do you care? How does it affect you? Like a previous poster said, not all teams are elite, not all players are elite. They need clubs. Why do you care so much about True? It’s not your kid they are training, it’s not your money they’re taking, so why do you care so much? Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #386240 06/23/22 09:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why does true enter so many B teams into tournaments?

The tourney in Annapolis this weekend had a million true teams- every one competing in the B brackets.

There were at least 5-6 True North Carolina Teams alone.

All b level. Makes no sense to drive 7-8 hours to play B level competition.

So their business model really is just pay to play?

Why would you pay that much to enter rec divisions? Just to call yourself a “club?” Makes no sense. All those parents need to save a couple thousand dollars and just sign up for local rec lax programs.
Why do you care so much? If your kid doesn’t play for true, why do you care? How does it affect you? Like a previous poster said, not all teams are elite, not all players are elite. They need clubs. Why do you care so much about True? It’s not your kid they are training, it’s not your money they’re taking, so why do you care so much? Get a life.

You forgot to ask why do they care.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #386439 06/24/22 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why all the bashing. True is fine for public school kids and rec kids who want to dip their toe in and see what club is all about. It’s looks just like club with no pressure.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #386991 06/28/22 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure why all the bashing. True is fine for public school kids and rec kids who want to dip their toe in and see what club is all about. It’s looks just like club with no pressure.

If this was the case I would agree. That's not what's happening though. These are True regional teams from NC that are being sold as all star teams. The parents pay a lot of extra $ to be told they have an all star team and then they travel all over the east coast to play in B brackets in hope of some wins. The southern parents aren't as informed as the NY/ MD parents and they get swindled. After a year or two they figure it out and leave the program for legit smaller clubs that play in smaller tourneys with no illusion of being on a national/regional team.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #387001 06/28/22 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like True just bought Koopers now also. I guess they will just merge in with the True Wolfpack Baltimore team from a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #387004 06/28/22 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure why all the bashing. True is fine for public school kids and rec kids who want to dip their toe in and see what club is all about. It’s looks just like club with no pressure.

If this was the case I would agree. That's not what's happening though. These are True regional teams from NC that are being sold as all star teams. The parents pay a lot of extra $ to be told they have an all star team and then they travel all over the east coast to play in B brackets in hope of some wins. The southern parents aren't as informed as the NY/ MD parents and they get swindled. After a year or two they figure it out and leave the program for legit smaller clubs that play in smaller tourneys with no illusion of being on a national/regional team.

Kids get to play lacrosse, and the program gets to make money. Some teams are better than others. Players come and go. Some have a good experience and some don't. This is the model of every travel team in every sport. I don't really see the issue.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #387050 06/28/22 03:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure why all the bashing. True is fine for public school kids and rec kids who want to dip their toe in and see what club is all about. It’s looks just like club with no pressure.

If this was the case I would agree. That's not what's happening though. These are True regional teams from NC that are being sold as all star teams. The parents pay a lot of extra $ to be told they have an all star team and then they travel all over the east coast to play in B brackets in hope of some wins. The southern parents aren't as informed as the NY/ MD parents and they get swindled. After a year or two they figure it out and leave the program for legit smaller clubs that play in smaller tourneys with no illusion of being on a national/regional team.

Kids get to play lacrosse, and the program gets to make money. Some teams are better than others. Players come and go. Some have a good experience and some don't. This is the model of every travel team in every sport. I don't really see the issue.


Agreed. Not every kid and every family is in this for a D1 scholarship. Perhaps they just want something to do on the weekend in the summer and traveling to a different city and/or region is more fun than not traveling. Maybe for some of these kids it better for them to be part of a team and getting outside than sitting inside playing Fortnite for 14 hours a day. As for True, it's Supply and Demand. We live in a free-market economy. The market dictates what business will be supported or not supported.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #387087 06/28/22 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Anapolis forfeits game at Naptown?

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #387089 06/28/22 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a free market, businesses can be a scourge on an industry too.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: True Annapolis
laxdcdmv #387143 06/29/22 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is True handling the Koopers takeover?

Who are coaching those teams?

When they "partnered" with Kelly Post, they took all the top kids at KP and funneled them to the Baltimore team and moved the bottom half of the Baltimore team to Kelly Post.

Are they gonna do the same with Koopers?

Parents stuck with this situation- make sure you ask who is coaching your kid and know what team they will be a part of. It matters.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #387306 06/30/22 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True forfeited their last game after losing to Madlax National 11-10 and 3 of their players ended up in the ER. One with a broken jaw and one with a broken wrist. 4 more injured players and their coach called it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #387314 06/30/22 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is True handling the Koopers takeover?

Who are coaching those teams?

When they "partnered" with Kelly Post, they took all the top kids at KP and funneled them to the Baltimore team and moved the bottom half of the Baltimore team to Kelly Post.

Are they gonna do the same with Koopers?

Parents stuck with this situation- make sure you ask who is coaching your kid and know what team they will be a part of. It matters.

But they will have access to the True National teams!!! #WeTrainMore

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #387315 06/30/22 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True forfeited their last game after losing to Madlax National 11-10 and 3 of their players ended up in the ER. One with a broken jaw and one with a broken wrist. 4 more injured players and their coach called it.
Sheesh- at what age group?

Like Reply Quote
Re: True Annapolis
Anonymous #387394 06/30/22 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True forfeited their last game after losing to Madlax National 11-10 and 3 of their players ended up in the ER. One with a broken jaw and one with a broken wrist. 4 more injured players and their coach called it.
Sheesh- at what age group?
2025 group.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4