BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 197 of 214 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffern will have the best player on the field.. but she'll be no doubt face guarded by Npt... will the Suffern coach/player be ready for that and respond? can any one else on Suffern score?
Draw and Goalie edge to Suffern.. will be a fun game, too bad no streaming

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffren lost to Bronxville 16-7 and only lost 12-11 to New Canaan who recently beat Darien.
Suffren is not very good. NP should run away with this one.

Top 5 teams in NYS
Victor 1
Bronxville 2
Manhasset 3
4 Bayport
5 Wantagh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are the High School Awards for Nassau/Suffolk posted anywhere?

Not sure if awards posted. All conf, HM AC and all county along with unsung hero was in the pamphlet at the dinner.

Honorable Mention All American and All Americans were announced at the dinner. No real surprises that i know.

HM AA. plainview and division girls, middie on manhasset and NS. forget other one.

9 HS All Americans were from
1 from GC
1 from LB
1 from NS
1 from CSH
2 from Manhasset
3 from Wantagh
No suprises for All County awards either. Blue blood schools get more votes and really good players get overlooked. If your coach isn't part of the network you're screwed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffren lost to Bronxville 16-7 and only lost 12-11 to New Canaan who recently beat Darien.

New Canaan beat Npt pretty easily (12-8) so there's that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New Canaan beat Npt pretty easily (12-8) so there's that

Ouch! That must have stung.

(see what I did there???)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plainedge, not plainview, and goalie from Southside were HM AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true, the awards are given depending on how many games your team wins, if you win 10 games , you will usually get three to four AC, and four to five AD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport goes down, and it wasn’t close. Does that mean CR comes back again next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport goes down, and it wasn’t close. Does that mean CR comes back again next year?

They do lose a ton of senior starters.. I don’t think the underclass girls can match what was lost.. so maybe now is the time.. but I would imagine it’s all house money for her now, the legacy is locked in.. as long as it’s fun why not coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do lose a ton of senior starters.. I don’t think the underclass girls can match what was lost.. so maybe now is the time.. but I would imagine it’s all house money for her now, the legacy is locked in.. as long as it’s fun why not coach

rumor has it that she may be taking over a local College team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Suffolk announce the AA selections?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk coaches and association are a complete joke and embarrassment to our county.totally disrespected the girls in whom their supposed to represent without having a dinner for them.
The politics of the li lacrosse world are literally ruining the game with the power some people have because they run a high priced club.
Refs need to be addressed.Old men and biased refs have got to go it changed a lot of big games this year from what I’ve seen and heard.
College rules need to be in play for Hs level.the girls need it and deserve a better game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk coaches and association are a complete joke and embarrassment to our county.totally disrespected the girls in whom their supposed to represent without having a dinner for them.
The politics of the li lacrosse world are literally ruining the game with the power some people have because they run a high priced club.
Refs need to be addressed.Old men and biased refs have got to go it changed a lot of big games this year from what I’ve seen and heard.
College rules need to be in play for Hs level.the girls need it and deserve a better game.

The Suffolk girls deserved better! Embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to All! ..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj5pcf3zr74AhVlhIkEHWPSDW0QFnoECAkQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.insidelacrosse.com%2Farticle%2Fannouncing-the-fourth-final-wave-of-girls-ua-all-america-senior-game-selections%2F59801&usg=AOvVaw2C0SorkHWPBBvl0OMyDCrV

Wave IV: Girls’ Under Armour All-Americans

Attack
Jaclyn Marszal, Glenelg Country School (Md.), Notre Dame
Dillyn Patten, New Canaan (Conn.), Cornell
Peep Williams, Seton Catholic (N.Y.), Stanford

Midfield
Haven Dora, Trinity Hall (N.J.), Princeton
Erika [ChillLaxin], Lincoln-Way East (Ill.), Penn State
Peyton Shreves, Holy Child (Md.), Michigan
Kendall Steer, St. Paul’s School for Girls (Md.), Georgetown
Ceci Stein, Darien (Conn.), Michigan

Defense
Jordan DeBlasio, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.), Syracuse
Paris Masaracchia, Bishop Shanahan (Pa.), Clemson
Olivia Rockstroh, Notre Dame Prep (Md.), Maryland
Grace Turner, Penn Charter (Pa.), Stanford

Goal
Francesca Argentieri, Westhill (N.Y.), Northwestern

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why was the Riverhead coach let go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good list for the most part, but some of those St. A picks have me scratching my head. Put up no numbers and played no competition
https://twitter.com/newsdayhssports/status/1539275678478127106?s=12

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good list for the most part, but some of those St. A picks have me scratching my head. Put up no numbers and played no competition

I'm curious - Garden City always ranks pretty high as a team but in terms of recruiting, they don't seem to have many players going to top notch lacrosse schools or highly academic schools to play lacrosse (at least in the recent years when I have been looking). Why do you think that's the case?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played no competition? Put up no numbers? Really? Didn’t they beat Manhasset! CSH? Beat Northport in a scrimmage? You can put them up against any LI top team. Those girls are legit. Stop scratching your head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played no competition? Put up no numbers? Really? Didn’t they beat Manhasset! CSH? Beat Northport in a scrimmage? You can put them up against any LI top team. Those girls are legit. Stop scratching your head.

Struggled against Darien and McDonough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that your counting a scrimmage is hilarious. And beating NP, is not that impressive. There were no teams that were lights out this year. Any could be beaten. St. A was not better than at least 6 other LI teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The list is talking about LI girls. I’m questioning why you would be scratching your head with picks from St. As? They clearly have some great LI players if they are beating some of the top LI teams that are LI Championship teams. The poster stated they played no competition?

Also, when talking about numbers, that’s a joke. So easy to put up big numbers in many of the conferences. Many teams had only two or three really competitive opponents. Racked up numbers on easy games. Apples and Oranges! Stats are a joke if lumping everything together. Put some of the SA girls on a team like a Roslyn who plays no comp. Many SA girls would prob. have triple digits. On top of that, SA is not encouraged or “allowed” to run up a score! They keep it Classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The list is talking about LI girls. I’m questioning why you would be scratching your head with picks from St. As? They clearly have some great LI players if they are beating some of the top LI teams that are LI Championship teams. The poster stated they played no competition?

Also, when talking about numbers, that’s a joke. So easy to put up big numbers in many of the conferences. Many teams had only two or three really competitive opponents. Racked up numbers on easy games. Apples and Oranges! Stats are a joke if lumping everything together. Put some of the SA girls on a team like a Roslyn who plays no comp. Many SA girls would prob. have triple digits. On top of that, SA is not encouraged or “allowed” to run up a score! They keep it Classy.

Totally agree about stats being meaningless. earlier this year there was a story in Newsday of a senior who scored her 200th varsity goal.. what a great accomplishment I thought.. then I read a little further and in the Big 200th goal Game this player scored 12 goals in a game where her team won 17-1... is that newsworthy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm curious - Garden City always ranks pretty high as a team but in terms of recruiting, they don't seem to have many players going to top notch lacrosse schools or highly academic schools to play lacrosse (at least in the recent years when I have been looking). Why do you think that's the case?

Depth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that your counting a scrimmage is hilarious. And beating NP, is not that impressive. There were no teams that were lights out this year. Any could be beaten. St. A was not better than at least 6 other LI teams this year.

Come on. I dislike St a as much as anyone but there is no way you can name 6 teams better than them. They beat the top Nassau teams. It's unfortunate the top Suffolk teams refuse to play them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private/Catholic schools should never be included in a comparison with a school district. They should be separate.
They are able to pull talent from all over the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private/Catholic schools should never be included in a comparison with a school district. They should be separate.

That’s not the point. OP was questioning girls on SA being on Newsday list. Like they are not good enough to be there because of stat numbers. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Talent are they "Pulling".. there are no athletic scholarships at Saint Anthony's ... especially for girls lacrosse.
People choose to send their kids there for any number of reasons. The local HS doesn't meet their academic desires, its unsafe, too woke, the athletic programs (girls lax team) are terrible. The list goes on and on.

they aren't "included in comparison to public schools" they're kept separate, they play in their own league.. they are lucky to have the opportunity to play against other talented LI teams, in non-conference game, sometimes they win sometimes they lose. they don't get to play in Girls Lacrosse county championships', the LIC or any state tournament's.

All that said the St A girls on the Newsday list would've started on every HS girls team on LI, and probably on most since they were in 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The catholic league aa champion should (imo) get the opportunity to play in the li championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The catholic league aa champion should (imo) get the opportunity to play in the li championship

Lol, what competitive teams are in the catholic league besides St. A? It’s like the weak Nassau and Suffolk D division. The answer is no, they shouldn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, what competitive teams are in the catholic league besides St. A? It’s like the weak Nassau and Suffolk D division. The answer is no, they shouldn’t.

it’s usually SA (and sha) SA can hold their own against any team out there. Are the invincible? No Did they lose to strong nationally ranked opponents? Yes but they played them! Did your team go looking for the best competition? Or did they just play conference and some bs scrimmages? When SA beats top teams consistently they deserve a chance at the lic. Will it happen nope! Would it make for incredible games ? Sure would!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year st Anthony’s was extremely deep team. They have division 1 recruits at every position who are on their third rotations. Those sane players would be highly productive on their town teams. This year they beat perennial powerhouses like manhasset wantagh and CSH bu convincing margins. They destroyed north port in a scrimmage. They have blown out mount sinai every year on every level. A Long Island championship would be great gir the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year st Anthony’s was extremely deep team. They have division 1 recruits at every position who are on their third rotations. Those sane players would be highly productive on their town teams. This year they beat perennial powerhouses like manhasset wantagh and CSH bu convincing margins. They destroyed north port in a scrimmage. They have blown out mount sinai every year on every level. A Long Island championship would be great gir the sport.

Its public HS LIC, meaning the team is built with kids from same town. Top private schools, that draw from all over LI, should beat town teams. Apple's and Oranges.....sorry but that's what you give up when you send your kid to a private. The LIC is a state regional game, winner earns state final 4 spot, sponsored by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk C division was probably the toughest on LI and state.Not sure of the Nassau division but they were real deep as well.you simply cannot compare private and catholic to public school on the whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Suffolk girls deserved better! Embarrassment.

Suffolk girls still don’t know who got AA awards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ Suffolk girls still don’t know who got AA awards”

Head coach from BBP & Ward Melville are the section XI area chairs… send them an email

https://www.usalacrosse.com/high-school-awards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ Suffolk girls still don’t know who got AA awards”

Head coach from BBP & Ward Melville are the section XI area chairs… send them an email

https://www.usalacrosse.com/high-school-awards

Are those the same coaches responsible for not scheduling a dinner for the girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, everyone involved in Suffolk County girls lacrosse should be embarrassed. What an awful job was done. Nobody knows anything that is going on. Get your acts together. Just terrible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, I think they actually played more competitive schedule then your team? Let’s see… Northport, Manhasset, McDonough, Darien , BBP, , NP this year. Hmmm and did very well. IMO , would win LIC!! Beat NP and Manhasset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, I think they actually played more competitive schedule then your team? Let’s see… Northport, Manhasset, McDonough, Darien , BBP, , NP this year. Hmmm and did very well. IMO , would win LIC!! Beat NP and Manhasset

You should win a LIC it’s like a travel team playing a town team not a great accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA are awarded to the players with the most influential coaches who push it along.Some picks deserve it but others just are fortunate to have coaches who have some pull.

Like Reply Quote
Page 197 of 214 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard