Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #38520 08/13/13 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Post Deleted - Please take a moment and be sure to familiarize yourself with the BOTC Tryout Posting Rules and Regulations. The details can be found here.>>

Last edited by CageSage; 08/13/13 05:26 PM. Reason: Content Removed
Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #38525 08/13/13 05:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
<<Post Deleted - Please take a moment and be sure to familiarize yourself with the BOTC Tryout Posting Rules and Regulations. The details can be found here.>>

Cage - I love you and your site but I do disagree with this policy, I appreciate you are making a living and this is a business but the tryout dates are the single most important info we can get from this site and it seems like there should be some way of allowing it as part of a discussion without allowing full fledged advertising.

Information is what drives most of us to this awesome site

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38535 08/13/13 06:51 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Cage - I love you and your site but I do disagree with this policy, I appreciate you are making a living and this is a business but the tryout dates are the single most important info we can get from this site and it seems like there should be some way of allowing it as part of a discussion without allowing full fledged advertising.

Information is what drives most of us to this awesome site
There are ways to get tryout information into the community without advertising.
  • Clubs that advertise free tryouts can post here on BOTC. See the Hitmen tryouts on the Tryouts Forum. (You are aware that this is how the True Blue club started, right?) Clubs that do NOT charge the community are free for you to see. So while you disagree with the policy, ask yourself who is advocating for the lacrosse community at that point? You will quickly see that BOTC is supporting the community.
  • Search all of the clubs on the right side of our display manually and pull information that suits your needs. Ironically, if you go to before November 2010 when we launched, most readers would not have had a clue on their options. Furthermore, second and third grade developmental programs have begun to emerge thanks to BOTC placements.
Leverage the BOTC Tryout Index to expand your search conveniently. The Index provides a view of the clubs by dates, genders, and age groups.

Whether you agree or disagree does not matter - you are anonymous and it is our advertisers who have stepped up to the plate to support the forum. You hit the nail on the head when you said that BOTC is a business - the clubs are a business also. Why is BOTC expected to provide free services when the clubs themselves do not? Are you pressuring your local club to lower tryout fees?

Write me a private note at cagesage@backofthecage.com and we can discuss your objections further.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38544 08/13/13 07:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer tournament season is over, any reflective thoughts about whether the Express B and C teams were worth the $2,400? There is a rumor that it will approach $3,000 this time around but I don't think anyone has confirmation of that yet. Specifically, I'm interested in the recruiting value/exposure of those B and C team experiences. I have a 2017 son and thinking about switching from another program where he is not likely to get much exposure but not sure he'll make the Express "A" team even though he's a "starter" wherever he plays. In the event that he doesn't make the "A", I'm trying to look ahead a year or two and see if its still worth moving him. In particular, I'd like to hear from the current 2016 and 2015 Express B and C team parents as to whether you thought the $2,400 price was equal/better/below the perceived value for you sons. I'm less interested in hearing about coaches, training etc...to me that is a given for this program. I'm more interested hearing about exposure to college coaches, playing in high profile tournaments etc. What did you think of the schedule and the competition? Thanks.

Bottom line question - would you do a B or C team again during the prime recruiting years if the price tag approached $3,000? On a scale of 1-10 what was the recruiting value/experience for the 2015 and 2016 B & C teams? Would just doing targeted recruiting events (college specific prospect days, Jake Reed etc..) be better bang for the recruiting buck or was there some recruiting benefit to the Express B/C experience that one should be aware of? Did you feel like your kid got no exposure, modest exposure or terrific exposure to college coaches while playing for the Express B/C? Please, thoughtful answers only - looking for real informaion to help us decide allocation of limited financial resources. If we spent this money on Express it probably means we wouldn't do nearly as many college specific prospect days, Jake Reed etc. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.

The kids don't get to choose to go to jake reed. There is a vetting process.
If ur son is starting and has shown improvement and likes his friends there; why not try then to make the A squad? Try outs are where he can shine.

Channy charging 100 for tryouts,not worth your money.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38547 08/13/13 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good waste anyones time trying out got to another club and leave those of ud that are happy alone

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #38564 08/13/13 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good waste anyones time trying out got to another club and leave those of ud that are happy alone

Huh? Me Caveman, me type with feet and no brain.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38581 08/14/13 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That a post after tipping back a few red solo cups? Im with you bro, I understood your point.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38594 08/14/13 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For those of you that do not speak Sylvester Stallone fluently I will try to decipher.....

It was less than a pleasure to hear you recently opine the value of the Long Island Express tryout fees, please do not waste the time of the coaches and the evaluators as well as the other players that do want to play on the Express by going to a tryout for a team and organization you have no desire to play for. Please do not make disparaging comments about the team and organization that many of us enjoy being a part of.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38600 08/14/13 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? Me Caveman, me type with feet and no brain.

"Tatted up" blue collar, muscle Ts, red Solos, Suffolk, East Nassau and South Shore foreva "bro". Love it or leave it. Try hoity toity Nassau North Shore (fl$) if you don't feel comfortable typing with your feet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38610 08/14/13 02:54 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Ditto

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
BoardLord #38741 08/15/13 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you register to try-out, do you attend both days or is the 2nd day a callback?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38750 08/16/13 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will never try out again with the Express. Here were the lowlights. $125 for two days of watching a Turtle Exhibition. 10 minutes of playing time for new kids. Seeing parents of kids potentially going to St Anthony's and Chaminade "working" the coaches. If your child is a superstar and going to private this is the place for you. If your child has potential, but needs developing, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38751 08/16/13 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you register to try-out, do you attend both days or is the 2nd day a callback?

Both Days...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38756 08/16/13 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will never try out again with the Express. Here were the lowlights. $125 for two days of watching a Turtle Exhibition. 10 minutes of playing time for new kids. Seeing parents of kids potentially going to St Anthony's and Chaminade "working" the coaches. If your child is a superstar and going to private this is the place for you. If your child has potential, but needs developing, good luck.

thank you for this insight, haven't heard anything like this before, sounds like a bad deal by very mean men

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38761 08/16/13 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you for this insight, haven't heard anything like this before, sounds like a bad deal by very mean men

FYI...you do not try out for the Turtles. They pick what players they want to be on the team. Express tryouts are for only Express Players. "Very mean men"...really??? Remember this is a business...

Like Reply Quote
Page 143 of 372 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 371 372
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard