BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 32 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will find out about TG this weekend. Look at their four pool games. Open up against Eagle Stix and also play Hero’s Green. Both top 5-10 teams easily. Plus two solid games against Maryland United and NEMS. Brutal schedule, but great measuring stick against national competition.

I think their lack of depth final bites them. Last week, in their competitive pool play games and the playoffs, they really only played 14 or 15 girls. With forecast in the 90s on Saturday, I could see it causing a problem especially in their third game against Heros.

I think this team is still probably a year away from being a legit top-10 national team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will find out about TG this weekend. Look at their four pool games. Open up against Eagle Stix and also play Hero’s Green. Both top 5-10 teams easily. Plus two solid games against Maryland United and NEMS. Brutal schedule, but great measuring stick against national competition.

I think their lack of depth final bites them. Last week, in their competitive pool play games and the playoffs, they really only played 14 or 15 girls. With forecast in the 90s on Saturday, I could see it causing a problem especially in their third game against Heros.

I think this team is still probably a year away from being a legit top-10 national team.

Watched their playoff game against M&D Black though and that team is very close...couple more players for depth as mentioned and they are in the conversation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely ridiculous they have the 27 s playing 3 games in a day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#6 on TG is tough for teams to handle, nice shot both right or left and she can get separation. I'm going to assume she's a lefty but looks good on either side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched their playoff game against M&D Black though and that team is very close...couple more players for depth as mentioned and they are in the conversation

They are 2 athletic attackers and maybe another circle girl away from being the best team on the island. Their defense is probably already the best on the island.

WIll also be interested if they start bringing in out of state players soon. Already have several on their 26s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#6 on TG is tough for teams to handle, nice shot both right or left and she can get separation. I'm going to assume she's a lefty but looks good on either side.

Great shot for sure, but she doesn't have the first step to beat good defenders 1:1. Most of her goals are off set plays with various types of picks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG definitely needs more players, after this season I am pretty sure they will get a few more to make their roster bigger. However, even with a roster that small they are still very good and efficient which I think is because of the coaching. Defiantly getting my daughter to tryout there . As for tournaments, Wink will most definitely get them into some other good ones next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG defense is good too. I know their attack is very team oriented which works very very well for them. Some people say they are trying a zone, which I think could work after seeing them play. Their goalie is very good definitely top on the island. Their crease defenders seem to be tough and the team does very well when clearing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG definitely needs more players, after this season I am pretty sure they will get a few more to make their roster bigger. However, even with a roster that small they are still very good and efficient which I think is because of the coaching. Defiantly getting my daughter to tryout there . As for tournaments, Wink will most definitely get them into some other good ones next year.

going to go one way or the other with them, critical year to get situated where you are going to be entering high school (recruiting) years...good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is no Empire. That’s for sure.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG defense is good too. I know their attack is very team oriented which works very very well for them. Some people say they are trying a zone, which I think could work after seeing them play. Their goalie is very good definitely top on the island. Their crease defenders seem to be tough and the team does very well when clearing.

Flg attackers are slight, not sure they can handle the pressure of bigger Maryland teams. They need to recruit some size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Empire still around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about.

The top tourneys have waiting lists of more than a year. What good tournaments are you talking about that FLG will suddenly get to play in?. Definitely won't get in either Lax For The Cure, either Mid Atlantic or Summer Genesis.

Entry lists for all of the top fall tournaments are already out. They aren't in Lax For the Cure, Fall Draw, Mid Atlantic, Live Love Lax or Cheaspeake Invite. Top Guns will play in all of them except Fall Draw.

This means they won't play a tourney in an A+ bracket until next year's Live Love Lax at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree FLG attackers are good but size is definitely a disadvantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top tourneys have waiting lists of more than a year. What good tournaments are you talking about that FLG will suddenly get to play in?. Definitely won't get in either Lax For The Cure, either Mid Atlantic or Summer Genesis.

Entry lists for all of the top fall tournaments are already out. They aren't in Lax For the Cure, Fall Draw, Mid Atlantic, Live Love Lax or Cheaspeake Invite. Top Guns will play in all of them except Fall Draw.

This means they won't play a tourney in an A+ bracket until next year's Live Love Lax at best.[/quote]

FLG playing MD cup in bracket with Hero’s TG Steps CA and Monster Purple. I’d say that’s pretty good. Already beaten YJA. So I guess their season won’t be a total waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This means they won't play a tourney in an A+ bracket until next year's Live Love Lax at best.

FLG playing MD cup in bracket with Hero’s TG Steps CA and Monster Purple. I’d say that’s pretty good. Already beaten YJA. So I guess their season won’t be a total waste.[/quote]

FLG goalie makes saves, they win, she doesn't, they lose. That simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG goalie makes saves, they win, she doesn't, they lose. That simple[/quote]

Team game. Makes sense. Every top team in the country has a standout goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are gross. That’s a 12 year old girl. You have a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not a Dude!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A simple statement made by a simpleton. FLG may not have a high powered offense but their team defense is one of the best around and that’s because it starts from their attack all the way through to one of the best goalies on LI. They play one of the best all around team oriented offense as well as defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are gross. That’s a 12 year old girl. You have a problem.

Agree, stop singling out girls! Talk about clubs,. Teams , Parents , etc… But do not single out young kids. That’s just not right or responsible. Some kids read this stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG playing MD cup in bracket with Hero’s TG Steps CA and Monster Purple. I’d say that’s pretty good. Already beaten YJA. So I guess their season won’t be a total waste.[/quote]

I was responding to the post about next year's tournaments and the new tournaments that FLG wills supposedly get in. MD Cup is this year. And they will be able to get into that tournament or Mid Atlantic Summer if they want to.

But let's compare like schedules for next year.

TG, YJA, YJB

Queen of the Island Fall (YJ)
LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Queen of the Island Spring(YJ)
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)
Maryland Cup or Mid Atlantic

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Queen of the island Spring
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

What serious player who wants to play top compeition is picking FLG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

What serious player who wants to play top compeition is picking FLG?[/quote]

I guess the 15 girls they already have plus a few more. Team seems pretty happy and they play great lacrosse. My daughter will be trying out there. Plus I believe FLG runs LILJ. I think the girls will be fine. Don’t lose sleep over their current lack of top competition each week. They are 12 and 13 year old girls and plying lax for fun and they just do happen to be a great lacrosse team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

I guess the 15 girls they already have plus a few more. Team seems pretty happy and they play great lacrosse. My daughter will be trying out there. Plus I believe FLG runs LILJ. I think the girls will be fine. Don’t lose sleep over their current lack of top competition each week. They are 12 and 13 year old girls and plying lax for fun and they just do happen to be a great lacrosse team.[/quote]

Where does your daughter play now that you see this as an upgrade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no doubt about it that YJ year in year out has had and will have a dominant and successful program for whatever reason that is. But there are several individual teams spread over different clubs that have had dominating and or great individual teams although the program as a whole was not that strong. Those who are lucky enough to be playing competitive sports on a very good or great team although the overall club is not great is truly an awesome experience. Those girls on FLG a seem to have that and will do just fine in the future.

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

I guess the 15 girls they already have plus a few more. Team seems pretty happy and they play great lacrosse. My daughter will be trying out there. Plus I believe FLG runs LILJ. I think the girls will be fine. Don’t lose sleep over their current lack of top competition each week. They are 12 and 13 year old girls and plying lax for fun and they just do happen to be a great lacrosse team.[/quote]

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

I guess the 15 girls they already have plus a few more. Team seems pretty happy and they play great lacrosse. My daughter will be trying out there. Plus I believe FLG runs LILJ. I think the girls will be fine. Don’t lose sleep over their current lack of top competition each week. They are 12 and 13 year old girls and plying lax for fun and they just do happen to be a great lacrosse team.

Where does your daughter play now that you see this as an upgrade?[/quote]

Agree that FLG needs to play in more competitive tourneys. Parents and players want that and it will be a hot topic in the off season. Disagree that serious players can't thrive at FLG. Have you seen them play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

With all that talent, I’m sure some will desire to play beyond high school. That will put them at a big disadvantage when the time comes. And no, you just can’t suddenly decide to play in these tourneys when the time comes if you haven’t been playing them for a while

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if your statement is accurate it doesn’t really matter. Girls as well as the guys are getting recruited mainly from showcases, attending specific school camps and playing a lot on a good to excellent high school team. To be on a team that has 22-30 players on a roster will only help the kids who play a lot in the tournaments while the other remain on the sidelines as cheerleaders. Those cheerleaders get no exposure and many college coaches who attend are either there specifically to see a few players or are starting 10-15 minutes and then heading over to catch other games.

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

With all that talent, I’m sure some will desire to play beyond high school. That will put them at a big disadvantage when the time comes. And no, you just can’t suddenly decide to play in these tourneys when the time comes if you haven’t been playing them for a while[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

With all that talent, I’m sure some will desire to play beyond high school. That will put them at a big disadvantage when the time comes. And no, you just can’t suddenly decide to play in these tourneys when the time comes if you haven’t been playing them for a while[/quote]

Which tournaments do they need to play in if they want to play college ball?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which tournaments do they need to play in if they want to play college ball?[/quote]

THEY ARE 12 AND 13!!!!! They shouldn't know anything yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A simple statement made by a simpleton. FLG may not have a high powered offense but their team defense is one of the best around and that’s because it starts from their attack all the way through to one of the best goalies on LI. They play one of the best all around team oriented offense as well as defense.

FLG has one good team. Look at all of the other graduating years in the US Club lacrosee rankings. They are being very careful what tournaments they put their teams in. Brilliant. And very true about their goalie. Can anyone guess what their ranking would be without one of the best goalies on LI? I'm guessing the same as their other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG has one good team. Look at all of the other graduating years in the US Club lacrosee rankings. They are being very careful what tournaments they put their teams in. Brilliant. And very true about their goalie. Can anyone guess what their ranking would be without one of the best goalies on LI? I'm guessing the same as their other teams.

Seems like there is some heavy YJ, TG recruiting happening on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drama free at Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s see if my comment gets posted bc my last few have been ignored. He is not for anyone who does not want their kid screamed at during practice, at games, in between games… A previous commenter mentioned this. It’s true and then some. Most parents and kids wouldn’t be able to stomach it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like there is some heavy FLG drinking of the kool aid too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s see if my comment gets posted bc my last few have been ignored. He is not for anyone who does not want their kid screamed at during practice, at games, in between games… A previous commenter mentioned this. It’s true and then some. Most parents and kids wouldn’t be able to stomach it.

To clarify- TG is not for everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you must admit…they have an impressive list of recruits, so if my kid needs to be yelled at to wake her up on the field, then she probably deserves it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

Agree that FLG needs to play in more competitive tourneys. Parents and players want that and it will be a hot topic in the off season. Disagree that serious players can't thrive at FLG. Have you seen them play?[/quote]

They are an outstanding team without a doubt. But improvement at this level is driven by playing top opposition. FLG isn’t doing it’s players a service with their schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG, YJA, YJB

LFTC Fall
Fall Draw
Mid Atlantic Fall
Live Love Lax Fall
Chesepeake
Lax By The Sea (YJ)
Live Love Lax Summer
Lax For the Cure Summer
Summer Genesis (TG)
G8 (YJ)

FLG
Queen of the Island Fall
Florider Lax Fest
Lax By The Sea
Live Love Lax Summer
CrabCake

Agree that FLG needs to play in more competitive tourneys. Parents and players want that and it will be a hot topic in the off season. Disagree that serious players can't thrive at FLG. Have you seen them play?[/quote]

This isn't about recruiting; its about player development. At this age and this level of play, the most improvement comes from playing (and often) losing against top opposition. FLG doesn't provide this. This will hurt their players development unless there are playing on other club teams. (which I know a few players do in the fall)

Honest question though for FLG players -- what is the rationale behind not playing any highly competitive Fall tourneys?

YJA, YJB, TG will likely play 16-20 fall games against top-20 quality opposition. FLG will play zero. Can't see how that helps player development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair to TG, most of their teams do not have the same "approach" as their 27A team.

Even in games when Emma Ward is on the sideline, the demeanor of coaching is very different.

Page 24 of 32 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard