BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 69 70
Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2017 (9th Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/25, Outlaws, 1:00pm

9/7, fl$, 5:00pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm

9/8, Team 91, 12:00pm
9/8, fl$, 5:00pm

9/14, True Blue, 1:00pm

9/15, Outlaws, 10:45am
9/15, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/15, True Blue, 4:00pm

9/28, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/29, Thunder, 10:00am
9/29, Jesters, 8:30pm

10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

10/6, Recon, 6:30pm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So how many if the Terps Black players are looking at changing teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that team 91 is raiding the Terps Black. Large size of Terps Black team is what is causing the move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the parents were happy with the way the Express team was run this year. Too many kids on the team and constant change. Give credit to the boys on the team for making the best of it. I will not be surprised if many families went elsewhere. It is not worth the aggravation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
None of the parents were happy with the way the Express team was run this year. Too many kids on the team and constant change. Give credit to the boys on the team for making the best of it. I will not be surprised if many families went elsewhere. It is not worth the aggravation.

I would agree with this statement which is exactly why we are staying. There is pressure now for the organization to NOT let this happen again and we have been assured it will be a very strong team, again. After all, with all the disrupt no one can argue that it wasnt a strong team this year. Players coming and going will always occur. The first lines were very cohesive and played well together. The grass is not always greener....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best time for the true talent to stay and play together.Teach your son it isnt always better on the other side and you dont always win!!just keep working hard and developing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any of the 2017s be returning to the home roots to play and represent?Turtles Terps Gladiattors 91 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with this statement which is exactly why we are staying. There is pressure now for the organization to NOT let this happen again and we have been assured it will be a very strong team, again. After all, with all the disrupt no one can argue that it wasnt a strong team this year. Players coming and going will always occur. The first lines were very cohesive and played well together. The grass is not always greener....

And yet again, you fall for the same line...Amazing!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that team 91 is raiding the Terps Black. Large size of Terps Black team is what is causing the move.

Raiding? or are Black running?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The size of the Express Team was far too large. Will Channy enforce a strict size limit and create multiple teams? Or are we stuck with another miserable experience? I understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the street. However ,fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy doesn't show enough respect for his customers. That is why they are leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black are running. Plenty of options. Team 91 is pushing hard to convince the Express kids to join and the Parents are quite interested. This past year was not a healthy situation and it was entirely his doing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Falling for same line? Maybe because last year we were assured of a very competitive team and that's exactly what it was. It was quite clear that the core of that team were exceptional players. The disruption occurred when players were added that had no business being on that team. At first they were added to improve their skills with no promise of time. But of course in the end they played and the team fell off quite a bit when those lines went in. But that's ok with me for last year. This is a different and very important year. I will be shocked if the organization will let this happen again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Black are running. Plenty of options. Team 91 is pushing hard to convince the Express kids to join and the Parents are quite interested. This past year was not a healthy situation and it was entirely his doing

Team 91 has a very different culture. When my son played them the kids were down right nasty and guttural on the field and the parents were no better. Not a reputation I or my son would like to be associated with. imho

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Falling for same line? Maybe because last year we were assured of a very competitive team and that's exactly what it was. It was quite clear that the core of that team were exceptional players. The disruption occurred when players were added that had no business being on that team. At first they were added to improve their skills with no promise of time. But of course in the end they played and the team fell off quite a bit when those lines went in. But that's ok with me for last year. This is a different and very important year. I will be shocked if the organization will let this happen again.

What I especially didn't like was that they brought in all sort s of kids and created two teams specifically so the weaker kids could play more, yet when it came time for the stronger kids to play their games, we were told they were trying to give playing time to the kids who didn't get a chance to Play much. That made no sense since they had an entire separate set of games for them to play. Supposedly MC said it was a mistake, but I don't think he really believes it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 has a very different culture. When my son played them the kids were down right nasty and guttural on the field and the parents were no better. Not a reputation I or my son would like to be associated with. imho

One player already left the team for 91. Others are looking hard. I think if you listened to all kids at this age you would be shocked at what you hear on the field. Also unless you forgot, the Terps were penalized for a parents bad behavior in the Shamrock Shootout, so there is no monopoly on this type of thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I especially didn't like was that they brought in all sort s of kids and created two teams specifically so the weaker kids could play more, yet when it came time for the stronger kids to play their games, we were told they were trying to give playing time to the kids who didn't get a chance to Play much. That made no sense since they had an entire separate set of games for them to play. Supposedly MC said it was a mistake, but I don't think he really believes it.

Channny was browbeat by the parents to take their weak kids. It was a business decision on his part. He could have hired a very strong coach for the B team and everyone would have been happy. This way no one was happy and the kids lost out on a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators breaking up....a bunch going to Outlaws tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should check Team 91 it's the team if he future ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think an important consideration this year when choosing a club is that they have lots of strong players with D1 potential. That is what attracts coaches Kattention at this stage. Terps Black have 6 kids who are legitimate D1 prospects. Would be interested in hearing from other clubs how many D1 prospects they have. By legitimate D1 prospect I mean a player who is recruited primarily for their ability, as opposed to someone who has good grades for academic index purposes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channny was browbeat by the parents to take their weak kids. It was a business decision on his part. He could have hired a very strong coach for the B team and everyone would have been happy. This way no one was happy and the kids lost out on a year.

I doubt he will let this happen again.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The Gladiators web site reflects that they will not be holding tryouts for this 2017 group. No additional details are available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player already left the team for 91. Others are looking hard. I think if you listened to all kids at this age you would be shocked at what you hear on the field. Also unless you forgot, the Terps were penalized for a parents bad behavior in the Shamrock Shootout, so there is no monopoly on this type of thing.

And it's not even the over zealous parent or parents hollering because of bad reffing that I'm referring to. It's cursing at the highest level by both parents AND players. If that's for you then get out your muscle tees and belly up to the sideline. You're in for a culture shock!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think an important consideration this year when choosing a club is that they have lots of strong players with D1 potential. That is what attracts coaches Kattention at this stage. Terps Black have 6 kids who are legitimate D1 prospects. Would be interested in hearing from other clubs how many D1 prospects they have. By legitimate D1 prospect I mean a player who is recruited primarily for their ability, as opposed to someone who has good grades for academic index purposes.

excellent point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

excellent point

An anonymous poster claiming the ability to assess 8th grade performance as "legitimate" D1 prospect is an excellent point? really

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A different culture? As in a culture where it's cowardly and just wrong to anonymously write absolute lies about 14 year olds? My son is on this team & there in not ONE nasty kid or parent among them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, get ready for the shock of your life!!! This organization lets the same thing happen year after year. Good luck to your son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The Gladiators web site reflects that they will not be holding tryouts for this 2017 group. No additional details are available.

Sounds like they are keeping the same team together but I'm just guessing. It doesn't say there won't be a team next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh brother....Really..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh brother....Really..

Actually a pretty good question,since the recruiting schedule has moved up. I would say at True Blue we have 4 solid prospects. Maybe two more that are close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh brother....Really..

Actually a pretty good question,since the recruiting schedule has moved up. I would say at True Blue we have 4 solid prospects. Maybe two more that are close.

91 had 6 D1 in the 2016 group and is on track for the same this year. Maybe more if we can lure a couple of the Express kids over:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue definitely has penty of D-1 potentials, problem is Most D1 coaches won't put up with selfish, and undiscipled behavior....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is out that Channy is building a super team for the 2017 class. He is taking the core of the Terps Black and has recruited some tremendous defenders. It is going to be the premier club for sure this year. Very athletic team that can play at a high speed. Don't listen to 91 talk. None of the core Express are even thinking of leaving. They really like Channy and all believe they are better players over the course of the last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is out that Channy is building a super team for the 2017 class. He is taking the core of the Terps Black and has recruited some tremendous defenders. It is going to be the premier club for sure this year. Very athletic team that can play at a high speed. Don't listen to 91 talk. None of the core Express are even thinking of leaving. They really like Channy and all believe they are better players over the course of the last year.

Didn't we go through this last year? Don't worry Terp daddy I'm sure your team will be the center of the lacrosse universe like it is every year. Premier club? Lmao..................you guys are unreal........news flash, no one cares about 9th grade club lacrosse? Here's a tip, stop worrying so much about your precious super team and concentrate on your son doing what's best for him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't any Turtle dads going to chime in and claim rights to the Super Team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the problem with your team was the defense? Hmmmm. Im sure their current "defenders" feel GREAT if they read your bonehead post. Worry about your own kid dummy. You speak like you know every player/parent lacrosse desires its really annoying and problem inaccurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to love this 2017 forum. A new thread is started for the up coming year and we haven't missed a beat.

What is it about this age group? At least last year we didn't start up with these posts until after tryouts...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to love this 2017 forum. A new thread is started for the up coming year and we haven't missed a beat.

What is it about this age group? At least last year we didn't start up with these posts until after tryouts...

This is the pre tryout smack talk . I enjoy the various points if view. Really looking forward to the season ahead. I also heard that Channy is building a super team with best of Ferps and Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true Daddy of an attackman or middie, where there obviously wasn't any need to upgrade. What's the purpose of the tryouts anyway if "Channy" is already recruiting and building the team himself?

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard