BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 112 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking at brackets for Lax For The Cure...that top bracket is loaded.

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Even Nems can give people fits.

If I remember correctly, it was pretty loaded last year as well.

Good luck to those top teams. Wouldn't be a surprise for any of those first 5 to win it.

Wondering where FLG falls here. They hung in with Hero's, YJ, and Aces. They rarely get placed in top bracket.

Initially i would have picked Aces, but they have the toughest schedule of any team in the top bracket.

Personally, I think playoff top seeds will look like

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Think a final of YJA vs. winner of HG/M&D Black is mostly likely.

What's interesting in the way the tourney is seeded is that the team who finished second in the pool will likely have an advantage over the team that wins it.

I expect Coppermine to get the #3 or #5 seed, to me, they are better than the other teams. Def not Team 180, they are missing a few key pieces from the fall winter.

Remember Team 180 is an all-star team. Those girls all play on different clubs in CO and CA. They will be solid. I think 2nd place will likely come down to a tiebreaker. stinks that 180 doesn't play Coppermine. I think both go 3-1 and whoever has fewer GA will move through.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

Good luck to those top teams. Wouldn't be a surprise for any of those first 5 to win it.

Wondering where FLG falls here. They hung in with Hero's, YJ, and Aces. They rarely get placed in top bracket.

Initially i would have picked Aces, but they have the toughest schedule of any team in the top bracket.

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

What's interesting in the way the tourney is seeded is that the team who finished second in the pool will likely have an advantage over the team that wins it.

I expect Coppermine to get the #3 or #5 seed, to me, they are better than the other teams. Def not Team 180, they are missing a few key pieces from the fall winter.

Remember Team 180 is an all-star team. Those girls all play on different clubs in CO and CA. They will be solid. I think 2nd place will likely come down to a tiebreaker. stinks that 180 doesn't play Coppermine. I think both go 3-1 and whoever has fewer GA will move through.

Who do you think is the one loss for Coppermine and Team 180?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Common opponents, Hero's White lost to both, but only 3-4 to 180, but Coppermine handled them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Who do you think is the one loss for Coppermine and Team 180?

they will both lose to MDU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun little contest... who can pick the most LFTC group winners? Lowest two groups are probably the hardest to pick.

Here are mine.

Blush: Metro
Carnation: Dynasty Elite
Coral: Steps Blue
Fuschia: Steps White
Magneta: Steps CA
Pink: Pride
Rose: MDU
Scarlet: Heros G

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blush: AIM
Coral: Gold Coast (They have two very good middies)
Fuschia: Steps White (They really gave themselve an easy path)
Pink: Pride (Who is Pride Black? Not the NoVa team that played in NGLL?)
Rose: Coppermine
Scarlet: BLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blush: AIM
Coral: Gold Coast (They have two very good middies)
Fuschia: Steps White (They really gave themselve an easy path)
Pink: Pride (Who is Pride Black? Not the NoVa team that played in NGLL?)
Rose: Coppermine
Scarlet: BLC

I assumed Pride Red is Pride Black when i made the pick. Pride calls their top HS team Black so i assumed that this was just a clerical error

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No love or respect for NEMS?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS actually has an easy schedule given they are in the top A division. They can certainly beat Monster and Jesters, but no way vs Hero's Green and YJA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS actually has an easy schedule given they are in the top A division. They can certainly beat Monster and Jesters, but no way vs Hero's Green and YJA.

They certainly got an easier schedule than Hero's, M&D and Bethesda.

But no chance they best Hero's and YJ.

With that being said, they are a great group of young ladies and play the right way. And they have a couple middies who are legit. Good luck to them

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nems is a good A team, really well coached and can cause some disruption for sure.

Biggest watch out for nems is how many girls might leave this summer. Two of their really good offensive players are interested in M&D B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great jobs by NEMS sacking up and playing the best in the country. Even if they go 1-3 or 2-2, it will be a better experience for them than Pride or MDU who will likely 4-0 in pool play and play each other in the quarters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great jobs by NEMS sacking up and playing the best in the country. Even if they go 1-3 or 2-2, it will be a better experience for them than Pride or MDU who will likely 4-0 in pool play and play each other in the quarters.

I go back and forth on this. NGLL is a tough sledding all spring, and most of these tournaments you get M&D or Hero's, I think its good to play some teams ranked 10-30 once in awhile and build some positive vibes. Going 1-3, even against the big dawgs isn't going to make any parents or players feel good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like MDU over Coppermine in the Rose bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter's friend plays for Pride and confirmed their top team is playing in this tourney? Not sure why they were put in the third bracket (Maybe one of their weaker teams was pulled out??), should be in second bracket at worse. They should have no problem coming out of that bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I go back and forth on this. NGLL is a tough sledding all spring, and most of these tournaments you get M&D or Hero's, I think its good to play some teams ranked 10-30 once in awhile and build some positive vibes. Going 1-3, even against the big dawgs isn't going to make any parents or players feel good.

I think having a mix makes sense. I think there is value to playing the top NE teams like Aces, YJ and Monster. (And CT grizzlies and Mass Elite in other years). Generally much more physical style of play which will get girls ready for high school and beyond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Good information on Team 180, not so much on Coppermine. Should have gone 0-3 yesterday — got a gift win when their first opponent imploded late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick thoughts on games that I had a chance to see parts of

1. Pride Red (wrongly listed as black, confirmed w parent) was just ok. Tall and strong draw girl but not really blown away by the talent. Think they peaked

2. YJ Graz and Aces are both awesome, never saw em play live

3. Skywalker Blue had back and forth game w YJ team that finished 6-1, lost by goal w seconds left. Fun to watch the second half.

4. Nems had helluva schedule, just couldn’t keep up but kudos to them for taking on the challenge

5. Monster was good but not great, their older teams are legit top 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick thoughts on games that I had a chance to see parts of

1. Pride Red (wrongly listed as black, confirmed w parent) was just ok. Tall and strong draw girl but not really blown away by the talent. Think they peaked

3. Skywalker Blue had back and forth game w YJ team that finished 6-1, lost by goal w seconds left. Fun to watch the second half.

4. Nems had helluva schedule, just couldn’t keep up but kudos to them for taking on the challenge

I have very similar comments. Plus a few more

1) Sorry to pile on, but Coppermine has a ways to go if they want to be considered a top program. If you want to be a top 20 team, you have do better when given a weak pool

2A) The YJ B team was the best coached team I have ever seen at this age level. No real great athletes, but make almost no mistakes.

2B) #2 on Aces is absolutely incredible. A true star. Never saw her play before but she exceeded the hype

3) Something needs to be done about clubs downseeding. No way in the world Steps Blue and White should be playing in divisions that week. A real disservice to teams who put themselves in the right division. Won't happen since Steps runs this tourney. I think they should be a A and AA bracket across all the 6th grade and up age limits to correct.

4) A couple of the fields (5 and 7) were just flat out dangeous. Surprised noone was seriously hurt.

5) There must be a ton of great goalie coaching in NY and NJ. Every NE team i saw had at least one outstnading goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched an Aces game and thought #17 was their top player. Really nice moves, yet powerful. Had a side arm crank at one point that was awesome! They are very good and deserving. They are also on the smaller side which made it even more impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Quick thoughts on games that I had a chance to see parts of

1) Sorry to pile on, but Coppermine has a ways to go if they want to be considered a top program. If you want to be a top 20 team, you have do better when given a weak pool

2A) The YJ B team was the best coached team I have ever seen at this age level. No real great athletes, but make almost no mistakes.

2B) #2 on Aces is absolutely incredible. A true star. Never saw her play before but she exceeded the hype

3) Something needs to be done about clubs downseeding. No way in the world Steps Blue and White should be playing in divisions that week. A real disservice to teams who put themselves in the right division. Won't happen since Steps runs this tourney. I think they should be a A and AA bracket across all the 6th grade and up age limits to correct.

STEPS MAKES THE POOLS SO THEY CAN ADVANCE! You must be new to lax for the cure !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Good information on Team 180, not so much on Coppermine. Should have gone 0-3 yesterday — got a gift win when their first opponent imploded late.

FLG has a goalie. Otherwise they are a very good team. Not great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Quick thoughts on games that I had a chance to see parts of

STEPS MAKES THE POOLS SO THEY CAN ADVANCE! You must be new to lax for the cure !

Not new but this year was much more blatant than the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We watched the same game and Aces #4 very skilled at low attack. Powerful and crafty for sure. My wife and I thought that the ACES team was loaded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time seeing Top Guns, parents were terrible, verbally abusing the refs non stop. Coach wasn’t much better when not verbally abusing his players.

What exactly happened at M&D Top Guns game? TG coach was really dressing down his players for the way they acted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time seeing Top Guns, parents were terrible, verbally abusing the refs non stop. Coach wasn’t much better when not verbally abusing his players.

What exactly happened at M&D Top Guns game? TG coach was really dressing down his players for the way they acted.

We have a friend on that TG team, their coach was a Jack hole last summer when we played them. Also got into a shouting match w another coach in diff game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC now M&D Shore…makes sense and gets em back into tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our daughter played right after the 2027 Aces vs M&D Black Championship Game. Wow wow wow instant classic. This game went into overtime with Aces getting the win in OT. BOTH teams seemed to have amazing parents, with some even hugging it out after the game.

Future Studs:
M&D #8, #17, #11
ACES #2, #4, #17

Both teams played great defense with high level goalies

Great Job to both teams, their parents, and the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. Great game with two great teams. My daughters team played Aces last year and this year. I think they are better this year. They seem to have upgraded their defense. Both teams clearly have some studs on offense but many of these elite games are won on defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. Great game with two great teams. My daughters team played Aces last year and this year. I think they are better this year. They seem to have upgraded their defense. Both teams clearly have some studs on offense but many of these elite games are won on defense.

WIthout a doubt, their defense is much better. But these results also show the value of a big athleticism edge. Consistantly winning 65-75% of ground balls at this level gives you a great shot at every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our daughter played right after the 2027 Aces vs M&D Black Championship Game. Wow wow wow instant classic. This game went into overtime with Aces getting the win in OT. BOTH teams seemed to have amazing parents, with some even hugging it out after the game.

Future Studs:
M&D #8, #17, #11
ACES #2, #4, #17

Both teams played great defense with high level goalies

Great Job to both teams, their parents, and the coaches.

There is some sort of cool / quirky friendship between those 2 teams. Lot of parents mingling and hugging it out. But gotta give credit to both programs. They clearly have things going well. Being geographically apart makes it easier to be friendly I suppose

Didn't see the championship game. But I know they square off quite a bit. Usually it is a one goal thriller either way.

And yes, those numbers mentioned above are super talented. Plus many more.

Good luck the rest of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like Dad Bro hugs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Steps team from California? I see their bracket wasn't so tough. But it looks like they beat YJ and had a close game against M&D in the playoffs.

Nice to see other states having success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top gun and M&D game was tied at and horn sounded. Ref continued because a player was injured in the last minute, M&D scored. They went to the circle Top Gun won the draw and the referee ended the game as they entered the offensive zone. Should have been a brave heart. Time should not have been added.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top gun and M&D game was tied at and horn sounded. Ref continued because a player was injured in the last minute, M&D scored. They went to the circle Top Gun won the draw and the referee ended the game as they entered the offensive zone. Should have been a brave heart. Time should not have been added.

Oy, that is BS! How hard is it to just follow the rules of the tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The game started 2 minutes after the horn sounded. Once playoffs started, multiple fields were off time schedule. Time was being kept on the field.

Was a good game though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Steps team from California? I see their bracket wasn't so tough. But it looks like they beat YJ and had a close game against M&D in the playoffs.

They are a legit top 10 team --very close to BLC in terms of talent and style. No way they should have played in that bracket. But at least they played in better bracket than the steps NJ teams. Some incredible offensive talent and a strong goalie.

If they were in MD, they would be the at worst the 4th best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oy, that is BS! How hard is it to just follow the rules of the tournament

Sounds like NGLL home cooking M&D typically gets.

Anyone notice how no M&D teams from 2026-2030 won Lax for Cure, yet all but 2029 won NGLL championship Mid Atlantic? hmmm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The game started 2 minutes after the horn sounded. Once playoffs started, multiple fields were off time schedule. Time was being kept on the field.

Was a good game though

This is typical though, horn sounds, refs take their time walking to the circle, usually you lose 1-2 min of game time. You must end game at horn, period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a legit top 10 team --very close to BLC in terms of talent and style. No way they should have played in that bracket. But at least they played in better bracket than the steps NJ teams. Some incredible offensive talent and a strong goalie.

If they were in MD, they would be the at worst the 4th best team.

Outside the YJ A one goal victory, there's nothing on their resume to back up that they are a legit top-10 team. Did they bring in ringers this weekend?

Lost to 51st ranked All American AIM

I'm not putting them above NEMS, Pride, LBC or MDU based on one impressive victory in a 22 min game.

Page 52 of 112 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard