BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 114 of 255 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 254 255
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True KP B is actually playing in Summer Exposure B and True KP A is playing in A this weekend. Won't True KP stay in Elite?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed there is nothing similar between Madlax and True National Black. TNB is 2-0 vs Next Level this spring and summer and Madlax is 0-2. Completely different levels of play.

Okay trolling aside, seems like the core of TNB is True Annapolis. TNB, Madlax, Next Level, and Next Level parents… what puts TNB over the edge?

What were the scores of the four games you are referencing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True KP B is actually playing in Summer Exposure B and True KP A is playing in A this weekend. Won't True KP stay in Elite?

I think they finished last, same record (1-7) as BLC and True Annapolis but lost the second tiebreaker (goals scored) as each of those teams beat each other. They should move down and the AAAA champs (Team MD) should move up. Not saying that will happen but that's usually how it goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they finished last, same record (1-7) as BLC and True Annapolis but lost the second tiebreaker (goals scored) as each of those teams beat each other. They should move down and the AAAA champs (Team MD) should move up. Not saying that will happen but that's usually how it goes.
Team MD gets beat by some weak teams. They are good however, don't see them picking up better players coming from Baltimore, Howard, Carroll all the way to Frederick to play. I bet they would get a better draw moving practice closer to 70 near those counties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is JM3 National?

I’m looking at USCL and I’ve never heard of them and they have barely played anyone and are at the top?

What’s happening there?

Mostly 3D New England kids with 3 hawks players and 1-2 others. Formed to play Sandstorm while 3DNe and hawks were not active. Might play another tournament but not a real team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed there is nothing similar between Madlax and True National Black. TNB is 2-0 vs Next Level this spring and summer and Madlax is 0-2. Completely different levels of play.

Okay trolling aside, seems like the core of TNB is True Annapolis. TNB, Madlax, Next Level, and Next Level parents… what puts TNB over the edge?

TNB 8 Madlax 5
TNB 5 Next Level 3
TNB 12 FCA 0

It’s posted in their US Club Lax …. I was surprised to see they played 2027 Teams??? That can’t be right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TNB 8 Madlax 5
TNB 5 Next Level 3
TNB 12 FCA 0

It’s posted in their US Club Lax …. I was surprised to see they played 2027 Teams??? That can’t be right?
I wouldn't say that a 2 or 3 goal margin is a completely different level of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So TNB is just a Lucky Version of True Annapolis? Good to know… Luck should run out at Naptown!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TNB 8 Madlax 5
TNB 5 Next Level 3
TNB 12 FCA 0

I wouldn't say that a 2 or 3 goal margin is a completely different level of play.

Ha! The arrogance! I’ve seen this team… midfield is elite. And, I’m a Madlax Parent. The DMV does not hold a Monopoly on Lacrosse Athleticism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d vote for VLC to replace KP but Team MD should probably get the nod.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TNB has kids from True Illinois, True NC, some
Kids from NJ, some kids from Annapolis, and True NY. No more than 5-6 from any one team. True Annapolis is very small, don’t think ANY of their offensive players are on TNB. But their 6 foot pole is…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids from NJ, some kids from Annapolis, and True NY. No more than 5-6 from any one team. True Annapolis is very small, don’t think ANY of their offensive players are on TNB. But their 6 foot pole is…

True Annapolis has a lefty attackman on TNB…who when surrounded by other studs (like when he plays for true national) is spectacular. Shifty kid with killer field presence…you are also correct that the big pole plays for them, as well as the goalie from Annapolis…

Gut tells me all three will be at another locals teams tryouts next year….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re NL v TNB. Probably why the Next Level coach is trying to steal the big ML middie much discussed here and has reached out to several other ML players as well. Not that they are leaving, but if I had a son on NL and the coaches were trying to recruit ML middies and attackmen I wouldn't be psyched. It's become a little aggressive lately. Reminds me of the Nationals. You should talk to coach...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re NL v TNB. Probably why the Next Level coach is trying to steal the big ML middie much discussed here and has reached out to several other ML players as well. Not that they are leaving, but if I had a son on NL and the coaches were trying to recruit ML middies and attackmen I wouldn't be psyched. It's become a little aggressive lately. Reminds me of the Nationals. You should talk to coach...

I agree with this. I do think the constant recruiting of other players really impacts teams and kids in a negative way. I get it. Hit the wall, etc. But there should be a piece of this where the kids are learning to make their teammates better and have a team experience as opposed to a series of mercenary pick up games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. I do think the constant recruiting of other players really impacts teams and kids in a negative way. I get it. Hit the wall, etc. But there should be a piece of this where the kids are learning to make their teammates better and have a team experience as opposed to a series of mercenary pick up games.

Unpopular opinion: the mercenary national teams exist because of constant local club recruiting and guest players.

But I totally agree with your point, and it is a coach's dilemma - finding the sweet spot between "playing free" and "sTiCk tO oUr SySteM!" Both extremes do very little to develop players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d vote for VLC to replace KP but Team MD should probably get the nod.

Lots of lacrosse, tryouts, fall tourneys, etc. between now and when anyone needs to decide. Maybe True will have simply bought every other lacrosse program by then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have proof/knowledge that a call to a family was unsolicited, this is a reckless accusation. Much of this type of outreach happens because a parent on one team befriends a parent on another and makes inquiries about what it's like to play on the team and then asks to be connected to the coach. Or a coach reaches out to a mutual friend of the parent to ask whether a call would be welcome. Or the parent reaches out to the coach directly. A coach cold-calling a family without a reference/referral/intro to poach a player is pretty egregious. In our experience, the Nationals did recruit via cold-call / cold-text. Was a little off-putting and, frankly, creepy without a mutual acquaintance or prior connection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you have proof/knowledge that a call to a family was unsolicited, this is a reckless accusation. Much of this type of outreach happens because a parent on one team befriends a parent on another and makes inquiries about what it's like to play on the team and then asks to be connected to the coach. Or a coach reaches out to a mutual friend of the parent to ask whether a call would be welcome. Or the parent reaches out to the coach directly. A coach cold-calling a family without a reference/referral/intro to poach a player is pretty egregious. In our experience, the Nationals did recruit via cold-call / cold-text. Was a little off-putting and, frankly, creepy without a mutual acquaintance or prior connection.
Next Level is actively trying to recruit/poach Madlax players. That is a fact. Could very well boomerang back on them. I don’t care if it’s a disgruntled and delusional parent who recently left doing his thing to recruit kids, or the coach directly going about it. Fact is, kids move, but it’s usually because the kid says “let’s move,” not the parent. There’s zero chance I could convince my kid to leave his current team even if I thought it would be a better outcome. They want to be with their pals more than we want them to be scoring 5 a game. And for a 12 year old, that’s the way it should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can confirm the NL coach is actively recruiting ML middies. Nations Best stepping into DC. So many great options for these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Annapolis has a lefty attackman on TNB…who when surrounded by other studs (like when he plays for true national) is spectacular. Shifty kid with killer field presence…you are also correct that the big pole plays for them, as well as the goalie from Annapolis…

Gut tells me all three will be at another locals teams tryouts next year….

Now… Listen True lax mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all of the parents of the Hawks/ML game. Surviving the worst officiated game I’ve seen. Hawks with good win but miserable experience for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all of the parents of the Hawks/ML game. Surviving the worst officiated game I’ve seen. Hawks with good win but miserable experience for all.

Hawks Madlax must see TV. Great competition. Nobody cares a drop about Next Level. They played a scared summer. Truly the top two teams in the mid Atlantic.

Absolutely terrible refs. When Madlax parent and Hawks parents are agreeing on the terribly reffed game. That says something. Madlax is good. And should be proud. FCA- two big L’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunate when the refs play too much of a part. I'd imagine this battle will happen time and time again though. Two tough and talented teams will trade wins all summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunate when the refs play too much of a part. I'd imagine this battle will happen time and time again though. Two tough and talented teams will trade wins all summer.

Next year or two Crabs will pass both by. Crabs are on the rise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, as their 2027’s become 2028’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs scheduled AAAA/AAA teams yesterday. Totally indicates an elite team on the rise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks win again. But Madlax still the better team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was literally hard to believe. Both ways. Two refs, neither a clue.literally didn’t know rules that kids’ moms knew….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the crabs??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did a local team like Hawks hold #1 attack unit in the country and best offense in America to 2 goals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did a local team like Hawks hold #1 attack unit in the country and best offense in America to 2 goals?

If you’re talking about Madlax I’m sure some other teams would have an issue with your assessment, including FCA which moves the ball really well and Next Level, which has weapons all over the field. Hawks aren’t too shabby either…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched part of ML Hawks game. One clear difference between the teams is the Hawks are super fast at midfield. They also put a physical kid on the ML big boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched part of ML Hawks game. One clear difference between the teams is the Hawks are super fast at midfield. They also put a physical kid on the ML big boy.

Hawks were running fast breaks with Middies after their goalie made stops. Especially in the beginning. ML does have fast Middies too though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is notIntelligent. A W is a W. Take your licks and get them on the next one if you believe this to be true. They are both excellent teams and you take away from the integrity of your own club when you say stuff like this. Hawks were clearly the better team this time walking away with the win. So until they meet again...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a ML or Hawks parent. So Insane that people read posts and accept the poster. Strikes me as highly doubtful a ML parent posted this.

We all have gotta get a grip. And this applies to life generally. A troll is a troll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs scheduled AAAA/AAA teams yesterday. Totally indicates an elite team on the rise.
I agree. Any word on the number of Crabs from 2027 dropping down to 2028?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming you are not a troll, why do you think that MadLax is a better team than the Hawks? I have watched both teams play several times. From my vantage point, Hawks are far superior at the two most important positions, goalie and face off. Hawks are better coached, which you can tell by watching the sophistication of their man up and man down plays, and by the lack of negative screaming at the kids; and they have more depth at midfield. MadLax relies heavily on one player, which Hawks do not. And when the two teams have played head to head post COVID, Hawks have won more times, in my opinion, due to the factors I just listed. Granted they are both strong teams, but serious question - what makes you think that Madlax is the better team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC dad who watched the game this past weekend. So take it my thoughts for what they worth.....As noted, Hawks have better FO and Goalie and it was the goalie that saved them. Hawks were up 2-0 and then were down 3-2. So to say that Hawks are considerably better in any shape, way or form is just silly. Also, I don't buy ML relies on one player. I know a lot of the kids and parents. Not particularly close but see them a lot during the winter season for box. They are all good. To say they rely on one player is like saying Hawks rely only on their FO and goalie. Utter troll nonsense.

I will say this....the Hawks parents are unhinged on the sideline. One Hawks dad in a gray tee shirt was saying to the ML parents 'get the eff out of here and enjoy your ride home" after the game. Said it repeatedly , loudly AND to the moms. Your parent group should be ashamed to have that happening on the sidelines. I watched this closely because there is a lot of complaining about ML coach (who I know, and I get it) and parents on this thread. The bad parenting from the sidelines wasn't even close. The chirping by the Hawks was so obnoxious I thought I was at Pickles after the Ravens lost a playoff game. Another dad in the end zone, all tatted up, literally didn't stop yelling from whistle to whistle, but at least he was cheering for the team and not picking fights with women from the opposing team. Get a life. You probably won't like my comments gray tee shirt guy, but you seriously need some help.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted a word as it goes against our community forum standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PP here. Agree that certain Hawks parents on the 2028 team are low class. Not all of them, but enough that it gives the team a bad look.

And by saying that MadLax relies heavily on one player, I did not mean to say the others are not good. of course they are. But I stand by my observation that MadLax relies on that player more than Hawks rely on any one player, and in the end a balanced team is a better team.

I never said that the Hawks are "considerably better," such as 5-6 goals better, but they do beat MadLax more often than not, and I cited some of the reasons why (face offs, goaltending, coaching, depth, balance).

You can quibble with my reasons or say that the Hawks parents are rude (which they are), but my question was whether the PP who said that MadLax is a better team than Hawks, immediately following a loss to that very team, can cite an intelligent reason; I am still waiting for an answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PP here. Agree that certain Hawks parents on the 2028 team are low class. Not all of them, but enough that it gives the team a bad look.

And by saying that MadLax relies heavily on one player, I did not mean to say the others are not good. of course they are. But I stand by my observation that MadLax relies on that player more than Hawks rely on any one player, and in the end a balanced team is a better team.

I never said that the Hawks are "considerably better," such as 5-6 goals better, but they do beat MadLax more often than not, and I cited some of the reasons why (face offs, goaltending, coaching, depth, balance).

You can quibble with my reasons or say that the Hawks parents are rude (which they are), but my question was whether the PP who said that MadLax is a better team than Hawks, immediately following a loss to that very team, can cite an intelligent reason; I am still waiting for an answer.

Most Hawks team are rude and aloof, that is not to say all parents are. The main reason is the living in the Annapolis area. It gives you a superior than anyone attitude and look down at others. I cant stand to go there. The Sperry khaki vineyard quarter zip aloof individual makes me nauseous when they are around me most days.

Like Reply Quote
Page 114 of 255 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 254 255
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard