The very last buzzer signaled a distinctive type of ordinary-season loss for the Manhasset boys lacrosse crew. “We took some difficult losses at some stage in the ordinary season,” Matt Perfetto stated moments after scoring 3 dreams and supporting on some other in assisting lead Manhasset to a 13-five win over Westhill (Section III) withinside the Class C country very last at Hofstra`s James M. “After the ones losses we were given collectively and mentioned it, and stated, `We`re now no longer going to win whatever if we don`t come collectively as a crew. ` Joey Terenzi, who additionally recorded 3 dreams and one help withinside the country very last, originated the crew`s season-converting mantra.

“I simply idea that our mentality became drifting and that we had to attention greater on every other,” Terenzi stated. From that factor forward, Manhasset now no longer most effective started to stack up the wins, however additionally did so in dominant style en path to its first country name seeing that 2010 and 5th in software history. “Those had been terrific groups and difficult losses,” Cromwell stated. “I assume it type of compelled us to have a take a observe the entirety and our complete crew halfway thru the season.

The biggest, Cromwell stated, became transitioning Terenzi from midfield to assault. Cromwell referred to how a first-rate contributor emerged in Jack Petersen because of Terenzi`s role change. Petersen became a key playmaker with dreams and 6 assists withinside the country championship. “I assume the satisfactory a part of it became the way it allowed us to exhibit Jack,” Cromwell stated.

Terenzi recalled some other motto that in the end helped steady Manhasset`s country name: “Coach continually tells us and I continually say, `You don`t research plenty from winning. `"