BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 56 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t they get busted using 2027 and 2026 kids a few months ago? Lacrosse needs some kind of checks for players. The honor system doesn’t work, parents that know it’s going on are guilty, winning is not that important. You either win or learn.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn’t they get busted using 2027 and 2026 kids a few months ago? Lacrosse needs some kind of checks for players. The honor system doesn’t work, parents that know it’s going on are guilty, winning is not that important. You either win or learn.

What tournament was this?

I totally believe it happened but would be good to verify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks just beat Madlax down in Maryland. The 2028 cycle is complete
Hawks won despite giving up so many penalties in the worst officiated game I’ve seen in years. Congrats Hawks well deserved win beating us and the refs. ML dad.
Yea, horribly officiated game for both sides. 2 guys that were totally clueless, tainted what was a good game between two good teams.. Both goalies played great— both teams struggled to score with the Hawks getting the winner with a minute to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there even rules? 2way had 7th graders on the field but given that nobody seems to care about age or grade, not sure it matters. They were very good. The beat express north easily and it looks like venom beat them pretty easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did madlax have their “summer guests” today?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don’t they play by birth year? You want to see “fair on fair” make it birth year or a “born no earlier than” date. August 1 feels like a fair cutoff. Can anyone explain to me what a 14 year old gets from beating a 12 year old? High school is high school and the rules are different. But a 14 year old 6th grader??? That’s insanity unless there are serious development issues. Btw- you will be 20 when you graduate hs…what a joke. At least they can drive themselves to games in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournament was this?

I totally believe it happened but would be good to verify.

Tristar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is slumping

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels had their helmets handed to them 😳

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope.

Oh so it wasn’t Madlax capital? Or Madlax texas? National? New Hampshire? 2027? 2028? Which team was it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So both Express North and 2way have used 7th graders.*

Not holdbacks who are age appropriate 7th graders, but are actually in 6th. This is a thing that happens and regardless of the fairness issue - is fine and allowed.

But actual 7th graders. This is pathetic and shameful. Parents of and coaches should be reprimanded.

*if true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many games have been played the past few weeks, some teams have done well and others have dropped off. This seems to be the current tier list of Long Island teams

91 Venom - with the new additions they are #1 by far

Express Chucks
Legacy Lumberjax
Rush Adrenaline

S2S
Rebels Hydra
BtB
Igloo Northmen
91 Surge

Turtles

This being the AA/A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don’t they play by birth year? You want to see “fair on fair” make it birth year or a “born no earlier than” date. August 1 feels like a fair cutoff. Can anyone explain to me what a 14 year old gets from beating a 12 year old? High school is high school and the rules are different. But a 14 year old 6th grader??? That’s insanity unless there are serious development issues. Btw- you will be 20 when you graduate hs…what a joke. At least they can drive themselves to games in 8th grade.

Never going to happen. Sport is run by clubs and colleges. They only want older kids. As you get older, more and more holdbacks are becoming the norm. Ruins the sport and everyone is doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is slumping

Lost in the finals to the ‘27 Predators

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not holdbacks who are age appropriate 7th graders, but are actually in 6th. This is a thing that happens and regardless of the fairness issue - is fine and allowed.

But actual 7th graders. This is pathetic and shameful. Parents of and coaches should be reprimanded.

*if true
100% true 2Way has a true 7th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

*if true
100% true 2Way has a true 7th grader.

Doubtful that they only used one. Judging by their scores from Saturday to Sunday it appears they called in sole reinforcements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best true 2028 team in the country is venom. Hands down and by far. There is not another team in the county, or the world for that matter, that could beat them if it came down to birth certificates and making it age appropriate. I’m right. You all know I’m right. Madlax parents know I’m right. Hawks parents know I’m right. Texas national parents know I’m right. It’s actually really sad that you people are so dense that you can’t see it. I have been around enough teams to know the difference between a 14 year old and a 11/12 year old. Also, just so you know, I’m not a venom parent. My sons team lost to them pretty badly actually. But yea, carry on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many games have been played the past few weeks, some teams have done well and others have dropped off. This seems to be the current tier list of Long Island teams

91 Venom - with the new additions they are #1 by far

Express Chucks
Legacy Lumberjax
Rush Adrenaline

S2S
Rebels Hydra
BtB
Igloo Northmen
91 Surge

Turtles

This being the AA/A teams

Express wins 2 of 6 and you put them on top. Ok express dad. Stealth and Jersey express had no business being there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best true 2028 team in the country is venom. Hands down and by far. There is not another team in the county, or the world for that matter, that could beat them if it came down to birth certificates and making it age appropriate. I’m right. You all know I’m right. Madlax parents know I’m right. Hawks parents know I’m right. Texas national parents know I’m right. It’s actually really sad that you people are so dense that you can’t see it. I have been around enough teams to know the difference between a 14 year old and a 11/12 year old. Also, just so you know, I’m not a venom parent. My sons team lost to them pretty badly actually. But yea, carry on.

Next time venom is in a handshake like take a look at the sizes of the players. What a joke you can be so “wise” with all your time “around.” When you write things like this it’s an attempt to undermine the work 11/12 year olds put in all year. Yea, carry on…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least the turtles no when to quit…rebels are enjoying the beatings…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next time venom is in a handshake like take a look at the sizes of the players. What a joke you can be so “wise” with all your time “around.” When you write things like this it’s an attempt to undermine the work 11/12 year olds put in all year. Yea, carry on…

As a LI parent I think this perception that kids are 14 years old playing 6th grade is a bit much. I think it’s more 13 year olds with a very very very small portion turning 14. Additionally size doesn’t always equal age. Take a look at LI rush those are some of the biggest kids around but all 2010’s. The age difference is seen in the physical style and speed in which those players play at.
The bigger issue I see is when a player is in 7th but jumps into a 6th grade bracket.

With that being said, the 1 year is an advantage no matter how you put a spin on it. It will only help the LI / ny tri state public school kids in the long run when everyone gets through puberty etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least the turtles no when to quit…rebels are enjoying the beatings…

It actually wouldn't be that bad except anyone playing them has to listen to that loudmouth blonde who thinks her kid is the best player on the field, but clearly his time has come and gone. I dont know how those parents put up with her. Pack up the station wagon and head back to your trailer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a LI parent I think this perception that kids are 14 years old playing 6th grade is a bit much. I think it’s more 13 year olds with a very very very small portion turning 14. Additionally size doesn’t always equal age. Take a look at LI rush those are some of the biggest kids around but all 2010’s. The age difference is seen in the physical style and speed in which those players play at.
The bigger issue I see is when a player is in 7th but jumps into a 6th grade bracket.

With that being said, the 1 year is an advantage no matter how you put a spin on it. It will only help the LI / ny tri state public school kids in the long run when everyone gets through puberty etc.
Rush parents needs to stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t see how you think this is a rush parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t see how you think this is a rush parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t see how you think this is a logical statement. The kids are only 1 yr over age, so it’s not that bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please speak comprehensible english, I am fully lost. Are you saying Venom players are bigger? They're smaller and work hard? Are you questioning the ages of kids? I am truly confused. Might agree if I understand better what you were trying to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please speak comprehensible english, I am fully lost. Are you saying Venom players are bigger? They're smaller and work hard? Are you questioning the ages of kids? I am truly confused. Might agree if I understand better what you were trying to say.

Yeah could not translate that either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t see how you think this is a logical statement. The kids are only 1 yr over age, so it’s not that bad?

I said the 1 year difference is an advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what sets the LI teams apart from the rest…Our refs…they love us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m saying you don’t actually have a clue what you’re talking about and are dense. Venom isn’t slower, smaller, or younger than any other team out there. Your intuition about Madlax, Hawks, or other teams is wrong. All teams may start adding holdbacks in the next couple of years, but at least now it’s a lot of 11/12 year olds having fun and playing great lacrosse at an elite level. I’m sorry to be the one to tell you, but you’ve been around a long time and have nothing to show for it. Stop lobbing grenades at kids and teams you don’t actually know anything about.

Is that clear enough for you? You can get back to looking at young boys and trying to guess their ages now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears that the rebels have deleted Hydra from the USCL website and placed their losses on their national team. What kind of shenanigans is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to give Venom credit. They came to Tri Star, an Exoress event, because that was where the best competition was this past weekend. Tri star does a great job bringing in teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right, it's not necessarily size but the combo of size and speed that is the give away. VERY few. 6th graders are "through puberty" and 6th to 7th is a big jump...it's so obvious who is held back. "Fair" seems to have left the building all because of club lacrosse which is just plain notIntelligent. Unfortunately, it's going to take one of these older kids blasting some true 6th grader for the sport to take notice. Then again, I doubt anyone actually cares about safety, if they did, there would be rules in place. I understand the re-classing, etc but in 6th grade? Once you get to hs, I get that it's all fair game but this is youth sports with 11/12 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two big kids on Venom that joined the team this year are both on age for '28 & in 6th grade. Dec & Nov. bdays

I know there are outliers, but would love to see the birthday for the very talented lefty attackman on 2-way... Would be shocked if that kid was not an '08 or certainly early '09... Anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two big kids on Venom that joined the team this year are both on age for '28 & in 6th grade. Dec & Nov. bdays

I know there are outliers, but would love to see the birthday for the very talented lefty attackman on 2-way... Would be shocked if that kid was not an '08 or certainly early '09... Anyone?

That kid is a great ‘27, ‘26 or whatever grade he wants to play. Really nice kid too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That kid is a great ‘27, ‘26 or whatever grade he wants to play. Really nice kid too
He is born in March 2009.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is born in March 2009.

Yes he is a great player and yes he is nice according to my son who has played against him and spoke to him. But maybe we shouldn’t be mentioning specific kids. They are kids regardless if he is older than the others. He isn’t in charge and ultimately the team that he plays on is more up to his parents and coaches. Leave the kids out of it.

Page 48 of 56 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard