BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 240 of 268 1 2 238 239 240 241 242 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Swr can’t shine their shoes!

After a week of planning that was embarrassing. The last of the talents developed by Rotanz and the old SWR regime graduated last year. There’s no more depth there and you can’t plug the holes moving more kids into the district.

Why do I have the feeling you never played a minute of lacrosse ever, but always have a lot to say on the subject?

You really don’t need to play at all. You can learn a lot from Carc and his coverage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School has to add the shot clock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School has to add the shot clock

Congrats to Manhasset Coaches excellent game plan..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the All County and All American Awards announced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely need a shot clock in high school. Some of these game are unwatchable. Some of these games are less exciting than baseball games. It just makes the sport more exciting when kids don’t have the luxury of spinning the ball around 47 times.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the All County and All American Awards announced?
Your coaches already voted on them. The typically won't post until awards dinner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely need a shot clock in high school. Some of these game are unwatchable. Some of these games are less exciting than baseball games. It just makes the sport more exciting when kids don’t have the luxury of spinning the ball around 47 times.

Next Outlaw Zone Defense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS coaches and AD's please put together competitive groups based on ability not size to play regular season lacrosse next year. I can't take another year of 10 to 15 point wins with the starters sitting on the bench by halftime. For playoffs you can go back to enrollment and win the coveted title. The power schools will always be dominant and the bottom schools just cant hang. For those braggarts who say just get better, it will never happen. Those non competitive towns have no feeder programs and can barely field teams. If the current system continues I fear schools will drop lacrosse altogether. I've seen on here that the girls do it differently, maybe that system works? Our schedule this year had one or two competitive conference games. Our school doesn't really travel for non-conference games so we're forced to endure boring lopsided wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS coaches and AD's please put together competitive groups based on ability not size to play regular season lacrosse next year. I can't take another year of 10 to 15 point wins with the starters sitting on the bench by halftime. For playoffs you can go back to enrollment and win the coveted title. The power schools will always be dominant and the bottom schools just cant hang. For those braggarts who say just get better, it will never happen. Those non competitive towns have no feeder programs and can barely field teams. If the current system continues I fear schools will drop lacrosse altogether. I've seen on here that the girls do it differently, maybe that system works? Our schedule this year had one or two competitive conference games. Our school doesn't really travel for non-conference games so we're forced to endure boring lopsided wins.

I agree, we played 4 quality conference games and 2 quality non conference games. So if my Math is right we played 6 quality games and 9 blow out wins. I only have 1 more year to watch HS Lax so I know I wont see a change but it would be nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear you….and I’ve thought the same as you for a long time.

Let me pose this question to you though.
If you build a power conference model, the goal is going to be comparable competition in every game. Theoretically, every game should be close, right? So, when do the kids who aren’t starters, that sit the bench for the entirety of close games….when do they get to play?

I’m not trying to go against you….I’m trying to think of all athletes here.

That being said, there needs to be some sort of balance between enrollment and competition level…..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you build a power conference model, the goal is going to be comparable competition in every game. Theoretically, every game should be close, right? So, when do the kids who aren’t starters, that sit the bench for the entirety of close games….when do they get to play?

That being said, there needs to be some sort of balance between enrollment and competition level…..

Will the Catholics be invited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyway to stream the games today? Do you have to pay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct, it would become travel lax......bloated AA travel teams where only the top half of the roster plays. Play the best and rarely develop the other players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want something free from the lax world?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any idea if there will be a Nassau boys award dinner?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

June 15 - Crest Hollow Country Club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

June 15 - Crest Hollow Country Club
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct, it would become travel lax......bloated AA travel teams where only the top half of the roster plays. Play the best and rarely develop the other players.
Isn't that what hs is? Best players on the field. Do you think any hs coach is developing players? They're getting talented players from travel teams and hoping to fill in with serviceable athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had some thoughts on how this could be done. Now bear with me but what if it was similar to English Premiere League soccer where the bottom 2 or 3 teams are "relegated" to a lower division and the top 2 or 3 teams are moved up to a better division every year. So schools with smaller enrollment but great teams could move up into a more competitive division and bigger schools with less competitive teams could play meaningful games. Could make every game count as no one would want to get "relegated".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The system is already in place for girls ability based conferences regardless of population then you go back to classification for the playoffs. It works well the amount of competitive games is much better. The current situation is not good. My schools team wither won by 10 or lost by 10 most games and had like 3 games that were within a couple of goals. Is manhasset getting anything out of playing the pre season 8 seed?

If you don’t want to model girls and you want to reinvent the wheel you can also go smaller conferences so there is not as big a gap between seeds.

The team that is supposed to win the title will still win the title, it’s just that you’ll see better games all season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The system is already in place for girls ability based conferences regardless of population then you go back to classification for the playoffs. It works well the amount of competitive games is much better. The current situation is not good. My schools team wither won by 10 or lost by 10 most games and had like 3 games that were within a couple of goals. Is manhasset getting anything out of playing the pre season 8 seed?

If you don’t want to model girls and you want to reinvent the wheel you can also go smaller conferences so there is not as big a gap between seeds.

The team that is supposed to win the title will still win the title, it’s just that you’ll see better games all season.
I don't understand why they don't change the current system. People (the taxpayers footing the bill) have been complaining for years. Maybe that's why there are only 10 spectators in the stands for games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had some thoughts on how this could be done. Now bear with me but what if it was similar to English Premiere League soccer where the bottom 2 or 3 teams are "relegated" to a lower division and the top 2 or 3 teams are moved up to a better division every year. So schools with smaller enrollment but great teams could move up into a more competitive division and bigger schools with less competitive teams could play meaningful games. Could make every game count as no one would want to get "relegated".

In principle, that works but the lesser teams are not consistently good or bad so moving them up after a good year or down after bad year doesn't mean they will continue to be good or bad the following year. If the coach is honest about the calibre of his team from year to year then he should dictate what conference. Class B used to have B1 and B2 and that worked. All B1 teams made playoffs and the top 2-4 (depending on how many in B1) made the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it’s on a yearly basis and the coaches have to justify requesting moving up with facts. I.e I have 5 returning players my JV was undefeated etc. Girls soccer does it too. Boys soccer used to. The argument that we need blowouts so bench kids can play is garbage as well. If the object of sport is to have competition this is a no brainer. The system this year gave teams almost as many non league games as they did league games so the better teams could play stronger teams - let’s take that out of the equation and make the ability based public school conferences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah Blah Blah All County All Conference.. LI sweep tomorrow in NYS Championship at Hofstra CSH NP GC and Manhasset....GC seems to have the toughest game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah Blah Blah All County All Conference.. LI sweep tomorrow in NYS Championship at Hofstra CSH NP GC and Manhasset....GC seems to have the toughest game
I went to Hofstra this past Saturday to watch the games. Except for Baldwinsville, the other teams outside of LI were not nearly as good as their LI opponents. If I had to rank the LI teams I would say Garden City, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and Northport. The A's on LI must have been very weak this year. Garden City had the best defense I have seen in a long time. numerous take aways and ground ball machines. Manahsset had the best offense in my opinion. Overall fun to watch and nice to have on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just put your son in girls lacrosse, that's allowed now. Then this can finally be put to bed and the boy's teams can play without the constant whining from parents whose team gets smoked week in and week out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get a refund for the sham Nassau/Suffolk showcase? The evaluations to advance to the next round were a complete sham. Some teams were completely stacked, every kid from the hs and club coaching mafia made the cut. Outstanding players were off because of the helmet they wore. This event has gone completely downhill and has ZERO credibility. Had we known that all it took was our coaches writing the kids number down on a piece of paper we would have asked them to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year we've done it and have to agree. My son already knows who made it from talking to his club teammates. Although we made it some questionable decisions overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get a refund for the sham Nassau/Suffolk showcase? The evaluations to advance to the next round were a complete sham. Some teams were completely stacked, every kid from the hs and club coaching mafia made the cut. Outstanding players were off because of the helmet they wore. This event has gone completely downhill and has ZERO credibility. Had we known that all it took was our coaches writing the kids number down on a piece of paper we would have asked them to attend.

This has been the issue for the start. Some of the kids that make it deserve it others have no business being on the team. It’s not 100% political but there are a lot of politics involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree definitely a mess. Way too many kids. Some teams sat for 2 games then had to play 3 straight. One field had four or five coaches evaluating, the other field had at times 1 and some teams played all their games on the same field. No guidance on the sidelines except for a kid timing 10 minutes to swap goalies, attack, and defense lines. All hero ball, no team concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s how it goes. When you see who the coaching staff is on these things, almost everybody knows who is going to make the team, the list, the outstanding player sheet, etc. Tryouts are a formality. A kid can do better than another kid on a 3 hour tryout,that means absolutely nothing. My son plays defense. He can get beat 20 out of 20 times, if my best friend is coaching, my son is on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have a list of the awards given out for Nassau last night?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFC01q68_k/irV74WhGVT5P3Do0c5Xeqw/view

Link to the awards from last Nassau county last night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If I had to rank the LI teams I would say Garden City, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and Northport."

Interesting ranking as CSH beat both Manhasset and GC this season...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
agreed, but I think GC played poorly against CSH early in the season (no excuses) and would beat them hypothetically today, same thing with manhasset. Although saying that CSH is also a great team and technically better than both teams this season and they have improved aswell three great programs glad the LI teams got a state chip. my opinion of ranking as of last game of year goes GC CSH SET

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If I had to rank the LI teams I would say Garden City, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor and Northport."

Interesting ranking as CSH beat both Manhasset and GC this season...

Sorry, when I was ranking them I meant my opinion based upon the State championship games, not the season overall. I did not know CSH beat both GC and Manhasset. It was so hard to tell how good CSH was because their opponent was just so bad. I am thinking quite a few JV teams could have beaten that oppoentnet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFC01q68_k/irV74WhGVT5P3Do0c5Xeqw/view

Link to the awards from last Nassau county last night

It would be nice to see the criteria and explanation for the awards, even the nomination process is a mystery. Maybe intentionally so. Some schools seem to have the majority of academic awards yet others have none at all on the list. Forget about asking our coach or AD they have no interest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous99
agreed, but I think GC played poorly against CSH early in the season (no excuses) and would beat them hypothetically today, same thing with manhasset. Although saying that CSH is also a great team and technically better than both teams this season and they have improved aswell three great programs glad the LI teams got a state chip. my opinion of ranking as of last game of year goes GC CSH SET

Rankings. SET, GC, CSH.. Set was playing the best lacrosse at the end of the year and with the win over MS clearly the #1..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous99

Rankings. SET, GC, CSH.. Set was playing the best lacrosse at the end of the year and with the win over MS clearly the #1..

Too bad they cant have a long island championship. All the top privates and publics. Top 16 teams. Always impressed how these smaller towns do so well. CSH. Manhasset. Would be nice for them to finish their season against some proper teams. Playing crappy teams doesnt help anyone. And the crowing gets old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously the upstate D representative was awful, but in season results matter and they are what they are. And opinions are just that and this is a forum for thoughts and opinions as well as facts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 240 of 268 1 2 238 239 240 241 242 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard