BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 79 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guesses on who gain the most talent at tryouts in a couple of weeks?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Any who doesn't say SW hasn't been around MD lacrosse for a while. At worse, they will be the #5 team in MD next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers then Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any who doesn't say SW hasn't been around MD lacrosse for a while. At worse, they will be the #5 team in MD next year.

Supposedly SW is dropping the five 2029s on their 2028 squad back to their class next season, so they'll have a lot of turnover.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you think they will come from? They were more than 5 players away from being a top 5 club and I don't see anyone leaving the top 4 to go there. I am not discounting their reputation, however They would have to get some big time additions to make that big of a jump.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Skywalkers will be #5 next year I feel sorry for all those players that are currently on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you think clubs like coppermine and crush and MDU will alter the landscape that traditionally went to Skywalkers? I know they have a great HS reputation, but I think the 28s and lower are on a different trajectory

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D won NGLL for the region, don't you think girls will be heading their way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why Coppermine is not playing in the Lax for the Cure tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what exactly? Where are all these difference makers coming from for SW to take? If you look at the SW 27 team, same issue, they didn't improve much from 6th to 7th either.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has exactly one player better than everyone on Pride.

That is more realistic. And after this summer, will those Crush players all be on Skywalkers now?

M&D or Nems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is more realistic. And after this summer, will those Crush players all be on Skywalkers now?

M&D or Nems.
Why NEMS-a middle of the pack B team. I can possibly see M&D or TLC absorbing some Crush players if they leave. However, I’m not so sure Crush will lose many players. But, NEMS can use all the help they can get…especially if it’s true their best players are looking elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D or Nems.
Why NEMS-a middle of the pack B team. I can possibly see M&D or TLC absorbing some Crush players if they leave. However, I’m not so sure Crush will lose many players. But, NEMS can use all the help they can get…especially if it’s true their best players are looking elsewhere.

Agree. Nems is worse than skywalkers. I don't see them gaining players over them. I can see crush staying together next year, but what about high school? They don't have a HS program right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why, they have 5 2029's on their team. It only takes a couple of key players in key spots to elevate a team. And it only takes a couple of key players leaving to destroy a team. My guess is within 2 years SW 2028 is a top tier team. Why wouldn't you want to be with a program that had 20 players in the NCAA final four this year and 8 players on UNC and these players come back and coach the kids? Seems like a no-brainer if I wanted my daughter to play at a top tier college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More likely M&D (1-2 players), NEMS (2-3 players), Coppermine (1-2 players), Skywalkers (2-3 players), Soccer (1-2 players) and a bunch that stay (7-8 players). M&D and Coppermine just have less capacity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why, they have 5 2029's on their team. It only takes a couple of key players in key spots to elevate a team. And it only takes a couple of key players leaving to destroy a team. My guess is within 2 years SW 2028 is a top tier team. Why wouldn't you want to be with a program that had 20 players in the NCAA final four this year and 8 players on UNC and these players come back and coach the kids? Seems like a no-brainer if I wanted my daughter to play at a top tier college.

So if they have 5 29s on their team, that means 5 more spots to fill in addition to the spots needing to be filled with top players. There would have to be a significant swing in talent to make that happen. They are more than just a couple of key players away. I get the track record and not saying it won't happen, but if it does it will be with a different team than the current roster and I am not sure where that top talent will come from. No one is leaving m&d, or heros as they have their own success recruiting. So MDU, Crush and Coppermine???? Just seems like a big leap when they will be playing in the same top torunaments. I know the "it always happens that way" mentality, but new programs start to produce top talent and the pendulum swings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to Skywalkers picking up out of state players? Seeing scores they already seem improved even before tryouts? Lost to MDU and YJ A team by 1 goal each game last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to Skywalkers picking up out of state players? Seeing scores they already seem improved even before tryouts? Lost to MDU and YJ A team by 1 goal each game last weekend.
Skywalkers has always had a history of out of state players. Almost every team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had to do something. They were 1-7 in ngll which was a month ago.

When we say "out of state" are we talking the next state over where there is still a 2 hr or less commute and they can attend regular practices? Or out of state meaning they just show up for tournaments. At this age, the later seems to be a recipe for disaster and bad team chemistry. I know it happens in HS but their only season is really just summer tournaments at that point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More likely M&D (1-2 players), NEMS (2-3 players), Coppermine (1-2 players), Skywalkers (2-3 players), Soccer (1-2 players) and a bunch that stay (7-8 players). M&D and Coppermine just have less capacity.
My daughter is deciding between Skywalkers, Coppermine, and Crush. She will be attending the Tucker three day Try Out Prep next week. Using this as an opportunity for her to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is deciding between Skywalkers, Coppermine, and Crush. She will be attending the Tucker three day Try Out Prep next week. Using this as an opportunity for her to be seen.

Deciding between? Has those clubs already offered her a spot on their teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers would be the easiest to break into since they are lacking alot of talent. Crush is an unknown but could grow, all depends if their top middies stay. Coppermine will be tough unless you have elite speed and athletism with strong stick skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D or Nems.

Agree. Nems is worse than skywalkers. I don't see them gaining players over them. I can see crush staying together next year, but what about high school? They don't have a HS program right?

Their best player is gonna be tempted to join a top team. Recruitment is already happening for 26 and 28 daughter. Others better start looking for a spot !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deciding between? Has those clubs already offered her a spot on their teams?

If they did it would be a no brained. Coppermine! They wouldn’t offer a girl that would make them worse.
Sw needs any talent they can get
Crush will be replacing those looking to move now before being locked out in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]More likely M&D (1-2 players), NEMS (2-3 players), Coppermine (1-2 players), Skywalkers (2-3 players), Soccer (1-2 players) and a bunch that stay (7-8 players). M&D and Coppermine just have less capacity.

Deciding between? Has those clubs already offered her a spot on their teams?[/quote
It’s a decision between which team to tryout for as Coppermine and Skywalkers have tryouts the same day. However, should have a good feel for Coppermine after the Tucker tune up next week. Luckily Crush has them a week later and we are working on getting some practice time with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. Remember Coppermine will have lots of top players trying out for it. They have have 2 B team girls who should easily make black team as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]More likely M&D (1-2 players), NEMS (2-3 players), Coppermine (1-2 players), Skywalkers (2-3 players), Soccer (1-2 players) and a bunch that stay (7-8 players). M&D and Coppermine just have less capacity.

Deciding between? Has those clubs already offered her a spot on their teams?[/quote
It’s a decision between which team to tryout for as Coppermine and Skywalkers have tryouts the same day. However, should have a good feel for Coppermine after the Tucker tune up next week. Luckily Crush has them a week later and we are working on getting some practice time with them.

Interested in seeing the turnout for the Tucker tune up. The Univ of Maryland camp is during the same dates as well as other camps. Why not consider Hero's or M&D as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D or Nems.

No girl on Nems will make m&d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush just changed their tryouts to July 11 and 12...the same date as the other "big" programs. Making it really tough for girls to try out for multiple teams as most clubs require a yes/no with payment fairly quick after tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interested in seeing the turnout for the Tucker tune up. The Univ of Maryland camp is during the same dates as well as other camps. Why not consider Hero's or M&D as well?
Hoping the Tune Up is really an unofficial tryout opportunity. Hero's isn't doable due to commuting distance. We thought about M&D, but my daughter doesn't know any of the 28 players. She does know a few girls on the other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush just changed their tryouts to July 11 and 12...the same date as the other "big" programs. Making it really tough for girls to try out for multiple teams as most clubs require a yes/no with payment fairly quick after tryouts.

Seems everyone is doing it all that week,

Used to be some sort of logic, top clubs first, then middle tier then bottom tier last.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems everyone is doing it all that week,

Used to be some sort of logic, top clubs first, then middle tier then bottom tier last.
I definitely understand why they don't want players club shopping and want to lock up their rosters ASAP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a big issue, would be nice if clubs stopped doing this. It's a dis service to the girls and the families on all of this. I also see Hero's tryouts start on Sunday the night of some tournaments, which is even crazier. Some big conflicts though on tryouts with M&D and Coppermine starting the same day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D or Nems.

Their best player is gonna be tempted to join a top team. Recruitment is already happening for 26 and 28 daughter. Others better start looking for a spot !

Crush is holding tryouts for 2026s so I don't think it's accurate that they don't plan to have a high school program. They just never have before because this 2026 class is their oldest class. Obviously, lots of unknowns there, but it isn't as though girls are going to be without a home come 9th grade if they want to stay at Crush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a big issue, would be nice if clubs stopped doing this. It's a dis service to the girls and the families on all of this. I also see Hero's tryouts start on Sunday the night of some tournaments, which is even crazier. Some big conflicts though on tryouts with M&D and Coppermine starting the same day.

I guess this is by design. However, if you're interested in teams with conflicting tryouts, I do think it's possible to contact them ahead of time and ask to check out one of their practices. I know girls will be doing this for my daughter's team. This is a good way to get seen. I can't say that all clubs will allow you to consider this a tryout, but it might help if you can only attend some of their tryout dates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess this is by design. However, if you're interested in teams with conflicting tryouts, I do think it's possible to contact them ahead of time and ask to check out one of their practices. I know girls will be doing this for my daughter's team. This is a good way to get seen. I can't say that all clubs will allow you to consider this a tryout, but it might help if you can only attend some of their tryout dates.

Yes, this is occurring and a good way to see what teams are a fit and not a fit etc. There are some clubs that are not allowing that, but they also don't have conflicts for tryouts with some of the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, this is occurring and a good way to see what teams are a fit and not a fit etc. There are some clubs that are not allowing that, but they also don't have conflicts for tryouts with some of the top clubs.[/quote]
For this reason I think it was smart for Coppermine to Have the Tucker Tune Up. What a great way to see new girls and evaluate their talent. I'm sure the stand out non Coppermine players will be approached some way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, this is occurring and a good way to see what teams are a fit and not a fit etc. There are some clubs that are not allowing that, but they also don't have conflicts for tryouts with some of the top clubs.
For this reason I think it was smart for Coppermine to Have the Tucker Tune Up. What a great way to see new girls and evaluate their talent. I'm sure the stand out non Coppermine players will be approached some way.[/quote]

It's a good idea and would like to know the turnout/numbers that attend. From what we have seen, you will need great stick skills and speed to get a slot on Coppermine. M&D seems to need the most help in this area (speed/athletes) of the "top 4" teams. Looks like with Crush moving tryouts to the same as others, only MDU is holding tryouts that don't conflict with the other 4 clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to me that M&D is doing just okay with their speed/athletes. From what I understand they have split the last couple games. From what I've seen, Coppermine is reliant on 1 player. If she doesn't play well, Coppermine doesn't play well. You could see that during the NGLL finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to me that M&D is doing just okay with their speed/athletes. From what I understand they have split the last couple games. From what I've seen, Coppermine is reliant on 1 player. If she doesn't play well, Coppermine doesn't play well. You could see that during the NGLL finals.

I don't think anyone can argue that they aren't doing okay based on their record and achievements. They are well coached with players with solid skills. However, if they add some speed and athletisism to their line up they can be even better. They should focus on speed for their summer pick ups to add to their already good team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 79 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard