BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 79 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Coppermine playing in the B division again this year to avoid playing the better competition? We’re coming up from Georgia and would love to play them. The only teams that can compete with us are Aces and M&D

All you people make me sick! Give props to all the teams in MD. They all work hard and fight for the top spot. The problem is...you parents that get on here and talk trash about other people's kids, clubs and schedules without any real knowledge of the situation. Anonymity allows people to behave terribly on this site.

The original poster is a troll. No parent of any GA team knows what division Coppermine played in during prior tournaments, nor do they care. ES parents are thrilled to be in great brackets for the Hershey and MD tournaments this summer and have immense respect for the MD and NE programs. There is so much talent in the area and it’s a great test for the girls. The comment about Aces and M&D being the only teams that compete is ridiculous and again, someone trolling. ES parents are plugged into the 26 and 27 ages groups and know there are so many other outstanding clubs with great talent we will see. Many of these top programs are very close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is ranked #1 based on the updated USClub rankings. Crazy since they didn't win NGLL. The rankings are a bit flawed as they give huge points for blowouts, regardless of competition. If they play in weak divisions, they will likely maintain, though Lax for Cure has only one playoff bracket so they would be forced to meet top teams.

They went 1-1 in NGLL this season against M&D and had a better record than M&D at their most recent tourney (Impulse and tied them, didn't lose to Crush). They along with M&D, Aces and Eagle Stix are the clear top 4 teams at the 28 level. They don't play in weak divisions and are in the Top bracket for Live Love Lax this weekend. Time to find something else to troll about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is ranked #1 based on the updated USClub rankings. Crazy since they didn't win NGLL. The rankings are a bit flawed as they give huge points for blowouts, regardless of competition. If they play in weak divisions, they will likely maintain, though Lax for Cure has only one playoff bracket so they would be forced to meet top teams.

They went 1-1 in NGLL this season against M&D and had a better record than M&D at their most recent tourney (Impulse and tied them, didn't lose to Crush). They along with M&D, Aces and Eagle Stix are the clear top 4 teams at the 28 level. They don't play in weak divisions and are in the Top bracket for Live Love Lax this weekend. Time to find something else to troll about.

These rankings are awful and mean absolutely zero. The top 5 are always really good teams that battle each other. The lower teams are random with no real reason as to placement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These rankings are awful and mean absolutely zero. The top 5 are always really good teams that battle each other. The lower teams are random with no real reason as to placement.

The rankings for the older teams are pretty accurate. The 2028 rankings will get better after the Summer tournament season when there is more data.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rankings for the older teams are pretty accurate. The 2028 rankings will get better after the Summer tournament season when there is more data.

Do you know the older teams ? 26 is bad. Stars is not 2nd best team and Nems at 24. Not a chance.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea about Stars 26 but the NEMS 24 is very strong including wins against M&D black and skywalkers blue . They have a ton of interest coming from colleges coaches.
Just shows people on her don’t know what they’re talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea about Stars 26 but the NEMS 24 is very strong including wins against M&D black and skywalkers blue . They have a ton of interest coming from colleges coaches.
Just shows people on her don’t know what they’re talking about

I can speak for the 24 team and rankings, literally makes no sense that nems is number 1. They had 6 total games in the fall because they skipped 2 tournaments and the only tough game they lost. They didn’t play m&d or heros and Don’t use skywalkers as a bar as they had a losing record in the fall and are coached to be a bunch of thugs who consistently get 4-6 yellow cards a game.
So I guess your last point is correct, people really don’t know what they are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mid Atlantic pools are out

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride
Wow! Tough bracket. Watched Maget play today…they are gonna be tough!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems is a solid team but not number 1. Never won a tourney and beat a few good teams in showcases. These rankings will level out after L4C and Mid Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems is a solid team but not number 1. Never won a tourney and beat a few good teams in showcases. These rankings will level out after L4C and Mid Atlantic.
Let’s keep the focus on the 28 teams. NEMS is really struggling in this age group. The couple of times I have seen them play they looked lost out there and are not fundamentally sound. They need drastic changes in coaching and hope they can pick up some talent. I heard they will be losing their two best players in July.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the 2 best players, girls that are moving down to the 29 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are 28s. They do have 4 29s on the team-2 definitely don’t belong. The other two will be good in the 29 league. You have to wonder why their good players keep looking elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are 28s. They do have 4 29s on the team-2 definitely don’t belong. The other two will be good in the 29 league. You have to wonder why their good players keep looking elsewhere.
I wish people commenting would not make negative comments about specific players. The people you are criticizing are 11 and 12 years old and should not be subjected to such negativity.

Any child that makes a team deserves to be on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live Love Lax seemed a little off this year. Every bracket had at least one team who didn't belong. The 28s may have gotten ticks from the knee high grass at Chesland, but at least they got to play on sunday. I can't believe they cancelled all of those games and the storms never really panned out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live Love Lax seemed a little off this year. Every bracket had at least one team who didn't belong. The 28s may have gotten ticks from the knee high grass at Chesland, but at least they got to play on sunday. I can't believe they cancelled all of those games and the storms never really panned out.

I was at Calvert Regional 8am Sunday, the issue was, they played during the heavy downpours, and trashed the fields. If they canceled 8am-noon, they would have gotten the afternoon games in.

Fields were def unplayable, least the ones I saw. 8 meter was just mud as was the crease.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish people commenting would not make negative comments about specific players. The people you are criticizing are 11 and 12 years old and should not be subjected to such negativity.

I agree players shouldn't be criticized. But, there are cases when the intent of some teams is to just fill a roster spot and take their money for financial reasons. Also, you forgot the "hold back" age of 13 in this group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nems doesnt have a strong record with recruiting or developing players. At all levels!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Looks like Pride had a decent showing at LLL. Tied MDU 8-8. Not saying they don't have an up hill battle in the above pool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Looks like Pride had a decent showing at LLL. Tied MDU 8-8. Not saying they don't have an up hill battle in the above pool.

Pretty surprised at this. Sounds like MDU had an off day/game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a link or know how the brackets will be for Lax for Cure as far as playoffs?

I know previously, the A bracket got multiple seeds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a link or know how the brackets will be for Lax for Cure as far as playoffs?

I know previously, the A bracket got multiple seeds.

Blush: Seed 12
Carnation: Seed 11
Fuschia: Seeds 8,10
Magenta: Seeds 7,9
Pink: Seeds 3,5,6
Rose: Seeds 1,2, 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the status of TLC for next year? Are they gonna have a 28 team? The tryout info on their website is for 21-22 season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Pride played well on Sunday and kept it close. They don't have a super impactful player like MDU's #9, but spread it around pretty effectively. Pride kept it close with Hero's last game of NGLL. They also lost to FCA and Limelight. Weird team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Pride played well on Sunday and kept it close. They don't have a super impactful player like MDU's #9, but spread it around pretty effectively. Pride kept it close with Hero's last game of NGLL. They also lost to FCA and Limelight. Weird team.

Pride was down by a few goals but MDU received 4 yellow cards and were therefore a man down for the last half of the second half and Pride came back to tie it. Pride also lost to SW by 1 this weekend, however, SW had some out of state guest players (which I assume will continue for the rest of the summer) and were therefore much improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Pride was down by a few goals but MDU received 4 yellow cards and were therefore a man down for the last half of the second half and Pride came back to tie it. Pride also lost to SW by 1 this weekend, however, SW had some out of state guest players (which I assume will continue for the rest of the summer) and were therefore much improved.

4 yellow cards seems pretty excessive at this level of play/tourney style etc. I did notice the refs were calling a lot of ticky tack fouls throughout the weekend etc. Makes sense on how they were able to come back with having the man up advantage. Interesting on the SW side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree players shouldn't be criticized. But, there are cases when the intent of some teams is to just fill a roster spot and take their money for financial reasons. Also, you forgot the "hold back" age of 13 in this group.
I guess your reason for saying I forgot the "hold back" age of 13 in this group" is that you think it is okay to be negative about children 13 years old. It is not okay. I don't have a problem with someone saying, as you did, that a team may fill a roster spot for financial reasons because that is not a negative comment about a player. I generally disagree with the comment on a factual basis, but not because it is negative towards a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

What do you mean SW had out of state guest players? SW has girls on their teams that are out of state, they are not "guests".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought yellow cards were apart of the game. Obviously, the officials can be all over the place, miss calls, and over call, but its part of the game. You can't tie a team and then blame the refs. Don't foul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at Calvert Regional 8am Sunday, the issue was, they played during the heavy downpours, and trashed the fields. If they canceled 8am-noon, they would have gotten the afternoon games in.

Fields were def unplayable, least the ones I saw. 8 meter was just mud as was the crease.

Fields 6-10 were definitely playable. Only issue was super thick grass that would sometimes bury a ground ball, but no reason to cancel gams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS is awful for recruiting purposes. Watch their 24 team have players that go to worse colleges than other less talented teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fields 6-10 were definitely playable. Only issue was super thick grass that would sometimes bury a ground ball, but no reason to cancel gams.

I didn't see those, but saw Fields 1,2, and they were trashed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS is awful for recruiting purposes. Watch their 24 team have players that go to worse colleges than other less talented teams.
Agree! Their players aren’t being recruited to top tier Div 1 schools. Their teams are average and their 28 and 29 team is awful. Although the 28 team does have a couple of A type players that will be leaving for other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Pride is as good as crush for players 4-20. Problem for them is Crush has 3 players head and shoulders better than anyone on Pride. If Pride could get the top 3 players on Next Level to join them next year, they could be a top 5 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey keyboard warrior, these are 11 and 12 year old girls. How about you stop with the anonymous posts?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey keyboard warrior, these are 11 and 12 year old girls. How about you stop with the anonymous posts?!?

From anonymous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Pride is as good as crush for players 4-20. Problem for them is Crush has 3 players head and shoulders better than anyone on Pride. If Pride could get the top 3 players on Next Level to join them next year, they could be a top 5 team.

Wishful thinking but won't happen. The top girls from Pride, Stars and Next Level would make a good team but it's all fantasy. Just won't happen. Several of these top players are already leaving for elsewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Purple
M&D
Coppermine
LIYJ Maget
Eagle Stix
CT grizzlies
Pride

Poor pride.

Crush has exactly one player better than everyone on Pride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has exactly one player better than everyone on Pride.

That is more realistic. And after this summer, will those Crush players all be on Skywalkers now?

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 79 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard