BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 33 and the guy keeps adding players. There's no way you can provide any meaningful time to that many players.[/quote]

and they get equal playing time or at least try to get them all playing time[/quote]

They certainly do not get equal playing time, there are kids on that team that never come off the field. There were a bunch that didn’t play at all yesterday

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is legrush white a combo of red players and white?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Turtles keep saying they're an A team but never play anyone good. Then they go out and get embarrassed in a B bracket. They have 2 good players, one mid and one attack. Take them away and it's a subpar PAL team. If you want to be an A team, go play Annapolis Hawks, 91 MD and DC Express and see how that works out. The whole team would quit before you hit the NJ Turnpike.

The classic bait and switch. They advertise they are moving to A bracket tournaments and so far... They have played all B brackets. This includes Fall 2021 and so far Spring 2022, its the same thing. Silly.

Another tournament weekend and the Turtles are yet again in a B bracket. Those of you who were told you were going to be an A team pissed off yet???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only were the Turtles in the B bracket but they got embarrassed once again. The players on that team have no business playing in the A brackets anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as bad as entering a B tournament and bringing your A team with 2024 goalie. We play in B tournaments because that is our skill level and we have a legit A team with no crossover. Seems everyone except the big 2 has been playing down and not truthful about it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen Express bring the A fogo down to a B tournament for "extra reps". It also helps the B team win when you have possession of the ball the whole game. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who wins just focus on your own kid and his development. The only issue I have is when "guest players" take time away from kids who are actually on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as bad as entering a B tournament and bringing your A team with 2024 goalie. We play in B tournaments because that is our skill level and we have a legit A team with no crossover. Seems everyone except the big 2 has been playing down and not truthful about it.
Played Igloo B team two weekends in a row. Talking to kids afterwards seems Igloo doesn't even have a B team. They play their A team because they can't win anywhere else. They couldn't get past S2S or CSH intramural team so maybe they are the B team lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played Igloo B team two weekends in a row. Talking to kids afterwards seems Igloo doesn't even have a B team. They play their A team because they can't win anywhere else. They couldn't get past S2S or CSH intramural team so maybe they are the B team lol

Assume you mean Cold Spring / True Blue. Isn't that what the Regulators really are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen Express bring the A fogo down to a B tournament for "extra reps". It also helps the B team win when you have possession of the ball the whole game. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who wins just focus on your own kid and his development. The only issue I have is when "guest players" take time away from kids who are actually on the team.

Completely false.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles keep saying they're an A team but never play anyone good. Then they go out and get embarrassed in a B bracket. They have 2 good players, one mid and one attack. Take them away and it's a subpar PAL team. If you want to be an A team, go play Annapolis Hawks, 91 MD and DC Express and see how that works out. The whole team would quit before you hit the NJ Turnpike.

The classic bait and switch. They advertise they are moving to A bracket tournaments and so far... They have played all B brackets. This includes Fall 2021 and so far Spring 2022, its the same thing. Silly.

Another tournament weekend and the Turtles are yet again in a B bracket. Those of you who were told you were going to be an A team pissed off yet???

No, because all they added was kids from B teams? So they that can’t be that clueless. Wait they can…

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assume you mean Cold Spring / True Blue. Isn't that what the Regulators really are?

Same as Legacy White, the schedule actually alternates with the Res team. I don’t mind it, overall, but go challenge yourself vs better teams. Why don’t Flurry and Legrush White true players just form a team. Lol. Flegrush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another weekend, another B tournament for the Turtles. The parents over there must be the same people who voted for Brandon and think he's doing a great job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another weekend, another B tournament for the Turtles. The parents over there must be the same people who voted for Brandon and think he's doing a great job.

Why do YOU care what other parents are doing? What's the problem with your situation that you even bother with this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do YOU care what other parents are doing? What's the problem with your situation that you even bother with this?

Because they said they were playing in A tournaments only when they convinced kids to come and those who stayed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the issue is that over the last few years the Turtles have cut players saying they wanted to compete with the A teams. Then they stay in the B brackets and continue to lose there. They've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I'd like to get a contact list of these parents because I have a bridge I'm selling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the issue is that over the last few years the Turtles have cut players saying they wanted to compete with the A teams. Then they stay in the B brackets and continue to lose there. They've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I'd like to get a contact list of these parents because I have a bridge I'm selling.

It’s more of a zero sum gain. They have 2 maybe 3 high level players and replace the players around them with B players that are bette than the ones cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are listed for the FLG Big X. Attendance is remarkably light. That was once a premiere event. I think FLG as a club is down to 3 boys teams and one is a 2023, so essentially down to two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant has something same weekend and then Naptown starts the next day. Busy time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant has something same weekend and then Naptown starts the next day. Busy time.

I think it has to do with FLG’s boys program appears to have fallen off. Typically they drew from the same areas that now S2S, Igloo and Rebels do. Rebels seem to be the only club growing. S2S and Igloo seem to be more A team focused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much is flg? No college coaches showing up for this line up. Waste of time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much is flg? No college coaches showing up for this line up. Waste of time and money.

Unfortunately a once elite LI club has faded. They seem more focused on the girls program and LILj, which is fine. Plenty of clubs have decent teams at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only were the Turtles in the B bracket but they got embarrassed once again. The players on that team have no business playing in the A brackets anyway.

They played A competition this weekend as promised at tryouts…2026 Storm beat them kinda easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the press release from 91 that Josh was heading back to the club. What does that mean for United? I think the 25s are their only club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it has to do with FLG’s boys program appears to have fallen off. Typically they drew from the same areas that now S2S, Igloo and Rebels do. Rebels seem to be the only club growing. S2S and Igloo seem to be more A team focused.
There are only two real A teams at 2025. LIE and 91 have proven themselves to be the top teams for quite some time. Consistent winning and superior coaching is what draws players to these programs, at least at the elite level. The other programs may have a commit here and there but 91 and EXP lead the way. Sorry but everyone else just fighting for scraps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should look at teams 2023 commit list before you make statements like that. Don’t you think that makes sense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should look at teams 2023 commit list before you make statements like that. Don’t you think that makes sense?
Have to agree with previous poster. Not to take anything away from these kids, but take a look at the commitment list. Now compare that list to 91 and EXP commitments, sorry not apples to apples. Half the list are schools you've never heard of, and yes it matters. Anyone can find a school to play college lacrosse at, but what is that degree really getting you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played A competition this weekend as promised at tryouts…2026 Storm beat them kinda easy.
Best post of the summer so far

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are delusional good luck with who is number 1, no one cares it is about getting your kid recruited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are delusional good luck with who is number 1, no one cares it is about getting your kid recruited
And that sums up everything that is wrong with club lacrosse. if you spent half as much time on tutoring or ACT prep as you do dragging your kid around thinking you're going to college for lacrosse maybe they would actually enjoy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should win the FLG Big X this weekend. Best team in there is Team Huntington and they are in the other bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should win the FLG Big X this weekend. Best team in there is Team Huntington and they are in the other bracket.
They probably lose to Roar too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best 2025s in the nation are all playing this weekend. Seems like half at Crabfest and the other other half at the Sweetlax Int.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s be honest it’s Team 91 Fire and everyone else at this point until someone beats them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this weekend go in the lax world? Alot of tournaments...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2023s about to age out, FLG and Turtles are down to a handful of boys teams. FLG probably sticks around as a girls program, Turtles probably fold again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a few weeks into Summer season what’s the feedback on these hybrids? Meaning teams that use flex players from A to play with the 2nd team. Igloo’s version of this already wasn’t successful. I have heard they cxld their 2nd team for next season. I think Legacy White and True Blue B have this same flex model, is it working? Don’t know how chemistry would develop in a model like this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a few weeks into Summer season what’s the feedback on these hybrids? Meaning teams that use flex players from A to play with the 2nd team. Igloo’s version of this already wasn’t successful. I have heard they cxld their 2nd team for next season. I think Legacy White and True Blue B have this same flex model, is it working? Don’t know how chemistry would develop in a model like this

So called flex teams are an absolute scam. Igloo has mastered the art of playing their A players at B tournaments. Do those B players play in A tournaments? Broken promises of playing time and development, mid season what options are there but to finish the year. Do you think they'll refund your tuition or let you play next year for free? We have some very close friends that stayed. Shame on you Igloo. Those B players stand around at their own tournaments to watch A players. Worse are the parents who allow it to happen. Owner didn't want to lose the additional money, so they intentionally misled people. The ones that stayed got hosed. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? A players B players, whatever. My sons team is a "B" team and Id still take them to beat a lot of the clubs moonlighting as "A" teams. Its actually beautiful when teams bring other players and still watch our kids send them home week after week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? A players B players, whatever. My sons team is a "B" team and Id still take them to beat a lot of the clubs moonlighting as "A" teams. Its actually beautiful when teams bring other players and still watch our kids send them home week after week.

What team is your son on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter? Thats not the point. If you have a good group of kids with the proper coaching good things happen. Call it A, B C whatever... The problem is too many people are caught up with status and BBQ chatter than their kids being in a good lax environment.

Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard