The Manhasset ladies lacrosse left absolute confidence who the magnificence of Class C changed into collaborating withinside the kingdom championships at SUNY Cortland with a 17-2 victory over Honeoye Fima-Lima withinside the kingdom Class C very last Saturday afternoon. Manhasset outscored opponents, 37-12, withinside the kingdom semifinals and very last Friday and Saturday, inclusive of 28-three for the reason that begin of the second one 1/2 of of the semifinals. “It changed into virtually cool, we virtually simply dominated,” stated Barrett, who had 4 dreams, an help and 9 draw controls Saturday. “It`s the quality feeling withinside the world,” senior defender Despina Giannakopoulos stated.

I bear in mind in 8th grade in 2018 after they gained the kingdom championship and that changed into a intention our group constantly desired. ” Alexis Morton, who had 24 dreams withinside the group`s ultimate 5 games, took on extra of a facilitator function with dreams and 5 assists Saturday. I don`t care approximately the dreams, I don`t care approximately the assists, I simply care approximately the win. Manhasset scored eleven dreams withinside the 2nd 1/2 of after preserving a 6-1 gain at halftime.

“We`ve in no way held a group to 2 dreams,” Petras stated. “And I assume that simply virtually suggests how tight-knit our protection changed into today. It changed into the suitable finishing to a incredible season for Manhasset, which blanketed a few redemption alongside the manner. Manhasset misplaced to Bayport-Blue Point withinside the Long Island Class C championship ultimate season however gained the equal matchup to increase to the kingdom semifinals this spring.

Manhasset fell to Wantagh throughout the everyday season, most effective to defeat Wantagh, 19-eleven, withinside the Nassau Class C very last. Its most effective different loss got here to St. Anthony`s, which gained the kingdom CHSAA `AA` championship. “It feels so amazing,” Barrett stated.

I`ve dreamed of prevailing a kingdom championship my entire complete existence and that is simply so surreal. ” “It`s amazing,” Morton stated.