Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In 2012 the kid had a bad tryout and was small, He did not deserve to make the Orange team, kid grew and developed and made the Orange team in 2013 and the coaches helped a lot in the recruiting. This is a success story for both the kid and the organization and should shut up the haters about how the tryouts are a sham, it is just the opposite - it was fair when he made the white team last year and it was fair when he made the orange team this year. If they kept the entire team that won the U15 nationals you would have said tryout was a money grab and no spots were available and when they did make roster changes and took new kids you say it is a sham because they should have kept the kid a year earlier even though he didn't deserve it because of how much better and bigger he was going to be.........shame on Express for not having a crystal ball.

If he was small and not a good player how was he so far ahead of the rest of the White team? He should have been at least placed on the 2nd team in 2012. The 2nd team was not a good team either - no standout offenseive players - and he could have had a significant impact. There's no defending this, it was a brutal way to spend $2,400 for no reason other than misjudgment and God knows what else goes on in making up these teams.

Please tell us what you liked about his tryout in 2012 that you have determined that he deserved to make the blue team, also explain what you saw in the fall of 2011 when try outs took place that you knew he would be this good in 2013? Enlighten us to what nobody else could see

Is Express blind to helpmet color and agnostic to wheter a kid goes to Catholic school or public school? Or, is it possible that the tie always goes to the Catholic school kid? Hope its the former and not the latter with the Express. No opinion, just askin' the question.

Possible this obvservation (or question?) clounded the Express judgement initially until it became such an agregiously obivious mistake that they couldn't avoid having to correct it. Buyer beware.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #38219 08/09/13 06:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on Express post your tryout dates!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38291 08/11/13 12:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2012 the kid had a bad tryout and was small, He did not deserve to make the Orange team, kid grew and developed and made the Orange team in 2013 and the coaches helped a lot in the recruiting. This is a success story for both the kid and the organization and should shut up the haters about how the tryouts are a sham, it is just the opposite - it was fair when he made the white team last year and it was fair when he made the orange team this year. If they kept the entire team that won the U15 nationals you would have said tryout was a money grab and no spots were available and when they did make roster changes and took new kids you say it is a sham because they should have kept the kid a year earlier even though he didn't deserve it because of how much better and bigger he was going to be.........shame on Express for not having a crystal ball.

If he was small and not a good player how was he so far ahead of the rest of the White team? He should have been at least placed on the 2nd team in 2012. The 2nd team was not a good team either - no standout offenseive players - and he could have had a significant impact. There's no defending this, it was a brutal way to spend $2,400 for no reason other than misjudgment and God knows what else goes on in making up these teams.

Please tell us what you liked about his tryout in 2012 that you have determined that he deserved to make the blue team, also explain what you saw in the fall of 2011 when try outs took place that you knew he would be this good in 2013? Enlighten us to what nobody else could see

Is Express blind to helpmet color and agnostic to wheter a kid goes to Catholic school or public school? Or, is it possible that the tie always goes to the Catholic school kid? Hope its the former and not the latter with the Express. No opinion, just askin' the question.

Possible this obvservation (or question?) clounded the Express judgement initially until it became such an agregiously obivious mistake that they couldn't avoid having to correct it. Buyer beware.

2015 Orange cut a long time express goalie who goes to St. Anthony's and kept the goalie who's last name would assure that he would not have enrolled in a parochial high school - just sayin'

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38349 08/11/13 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
each other is two words.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38356 08/12/13 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
each other is two words.

Each other ARE two words Helpmet & clounded are not words period.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #38368 08/12/13 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer tournament season is over, any reflective thoughts about whether the Express B and C teams were worth the $2,400? There is a rumor that it will approach $3,000 this time around but I don't think anyone has confirmation of that yet. Specifically, I'm interested in the recruiting value/exposure of those B and C team experiences. I have a 2017 son and thinking about switching from another program where he is not likely to get much exposure but not sure he'll make the Express "A" team even though he's a "starter" wherever he plays. In the event that he doesn't make the "A", I'm trying to look ahead a year or two and see if its still worth moving him. In particular, I'd like to hear from the current 2016 and 2015 Express B and C team parents as to whether you thought the $2,400 price was equal/better/below the perceived value for you sons. I'm less interested in hearing about coaches, training etc...to me that is a given for this program. I'm more interested hearing about exposure to college coaches, playing in high profile tournaments etc. What did you think of the schedule and the competition? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38384 08/12/13 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is dumb as rocks, I am behind in my house payments but we are very confident he will get some money from a d2 school where you only need an 800 on the sat to get in. Definitly worth the investment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38385 08/12/13 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer tournament season is over, any reflective thoughts about whether the Express B and C teams were worth the $2,400? There is a rumor that it will approach $3,000 this time around but I don't think anyone has confirmation of that yet. Specifically, I'm interested in the recruiting value/exposure of those B and C team experiences. I have a 2017 son and thinking about switching from another program where he is not likely to get much exposure but not sure he'll make the Express "A" team even though he's a "starter" wherever he plays. In the event that he doesn't make the "A", I'm trying to look ahead a year or two and see if its still worth moving him. In particular, I'd like to hear from the current 2016 and 2015 Express B and C team parents as to whether you thought the $2,400 price was equal/better/below the perceived value for you sons. I'm less interested in hearing about coaches, training etc...to me that is a given for this program. I'm more interested hearing about exposure to college coaches, playing in high profile tournaments etc. What did you think of the schedule and the competition? Thanks.

Express doesn't put the B and C teams in top tournaments. They play lesser tournaments so they have a chance to win and they can advertise it on the website.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38401 08/12/13 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he's a starter at another program and they do decent tournaments, stay there. The recruiting process is what you make of it. Target the schools he's interested and focus on getting them to his games. Start sooner rather than later. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38402 08/12/13 03:49 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
It is always better to be in A team than a B or C. The brand doesn't matter to college coaches. Only the quality if player and competition. Express A team can hold their own with anyone. B /C teams play in less competitive tournaments. If your kid is a "starter" elsewhere he is probably better staying put.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #38411 08/12/13 04:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line question - would you do a B or C team again during the prime recruiting years if the price tag approached $3,000? On a scale of 1-10 what was the recruiting value/experience for the 2015 and 2016 B & C teams? Would just doing targeted recruiting events (college specific prospect days, Jake Reed etc..) be better bang for the recruiting buck or was there some recruiting benefit to the Express B/C experience that one should be aware of? Did you feel like your kid got no exposure, modest exposure or terrific exposure to college coaches while playing for the Express B/C? Please, thoughtful answers only - looking for real informaion to help us decide allocation of limited financial resources. If we spent this money on Express it probably means we wouldn't do nearly as many college specific prospect days, Jake Reed etc. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38414 08/12/13 05:38 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Put your limited resources toward College days and showcases. No club can offer that exposure. Remember these club tournaments the exposure is fleeting and your son may not even be in the game when certain schools are watching. Years ago when there was not that's my exposure opportunities the clubs made a lot if sense. Today they have value but it is not as great as years ago.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38419 08/12/13 06:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting experience is a function if what you put into it. Being in a B/C team does you no good. We got no help from the club beyond the bare minimum . They only help the best players who ironically don't need the help

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38425 08/12/13 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just went through it with and every case is different, will your current club be able to get him into Jake Reed or Maverik Showtime? because no way Express is giving up one of those spots to a new player unless it was/is per-negotiated. Can you discuss this decision with your HS coach, that could be a huge help in making this decision, and lastly try to talk to older kids in your program and see how the program was for them. Lots of kids still getting D1 spots that never played travel only camps and their town summer team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #38432 08/12/13 10:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line question - would you do a B or C team again during the prime recruiting years if the price tag approached $3,000? On a scale of 1-10 what was the recruiting value/experience for the 2015 and 2016 B & C teams? Would just doing targeted recruiting events (college specific prospect days, Jake Reed etc..) be better bang for the recruiting buck or was there some recruiting benefit to the Express B/C experience that one should be aware of? Did you feel like your kid got no exposure, modest exposure or terrific exposure to college coaches while playing for the Express B/C? Please, thoughtful answers only - looking for real informaion to help us decide allocation of limited financial resources. If we spent this money on Express it probably means we wouldn't do nearly as many college specific prospect days, Jake Reed etc. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.

The kids don't get to choose to go to jake reed. There is a vetting process.
If ur son is starting and has shown improvement and likes his friends there; why not try then to make the A squad? Try outs are where he can shine.

Like Reply Quote
Page 142 of 372 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 371 372
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard