BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are everyones thoughts on the rosters that have been posted out for Juniors Open? Any team look better then the others?

Only saw the Coral one. Can't find any of the rosters online.

They are all on the LILJ Instagram. Didn’t post all at the same time though

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe we aren't as nuts as the other parents... maybe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That has definitely crossed my mind as well. Then again in two weeks they'll be the whole Janelli and Spallina argument so..... =)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will be a tough weekend in MD the NY and Mass teams mostly are still in or just finished HS seasons The northern region will improve week by week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did YJA gut Janelli ?

they have kids now who dont look so good

and random coaches

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Jamulli / Spallina argument... I'm sure Jamulli / Lamo should heat up soon though... you went 0-3! you went 3-0 but played bad teams! LOL lets hear it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Jamulli / Spallina argument... I'm sure Jamulli / Lamo should heat up soon though... you went 0-3! you went 3-0 but played bad teams! LOL lets hear it!

Spallina had a 1 goal game with a mediocre team. They are easily beatable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The jealousy begins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The jealousy begins

begins? its been obnoxious chatter for years

its ok to be a slightly above average b team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This didn’t age well! 25 parents just as “nuts†. Lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha,,, we have a long way to go to catch up to the 24's lol...
On another topic... some of the "top 25 teams" have silly schedules for the summer genesis.. like a top 25 team playing all 4 games against teams hovering around 100.... what's up with that? its good for the 100 ranked team to try and pull off an upset... not so much the other way though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha,,, we have a long way to go to catch up to the 24's lol...
On another topic... some of the "top 25 teams" have silly schedules for the summer genesis.. like a top 25 team playing all 4 games against teams hovering around 100.... what's up with that? its good for the 100 ranked team to try and pull off an upset... not so much the other way though

I noticed that as well. Kinda hurts in the long run. Even with four 10 goal wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those club lax rankings are nonsense. Losing ranking "points" because you don't beat a team by eight, nine, ten goals is sheer foolishness, and doesn't really send the right message.... To your point about playing lower ranked teams, I've seen where higher ranked teams actually lose points even when winning by 10+, and the ranking doesn't reward you after ten?.?.?.?. Fuzzy math at best and bad for the girls mentally by spending time looking at these rankings rather than just playing the games...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a fan of JS but come on. Capital Blue isn't a mediocre team. They also lot to PT by 1. I guess PT beat a mediocre team as well. Or maybe the kids at Capital are starting to get better.
YJS beat beat Heroes Green by 3 and they certainly aren't "mediocre." To say easily beatable is a little much. keeping it real, that team is excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no surprise here

6 of the top 10 kids bailed on the yjb team with all issues going on over there last year

what was out there saturday looked nothing like the team it once was

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was pretty easy to see that the top talent for 2025 was at UA yesterday. So much for AS making it past their first year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was pretty easy to see that the top talent for 2025 was at UA yesterday. So much for AS making it past their first year.

Long Island is the only region that had their top team and players at UA.
And that is all because of JS. Despite what we feel, Long Island isn’t the one and only in Lax. Most top teams from other regions have their kids in AS. American Select will be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may have been at UA, but will they be at Summer Genesis playing the top teams? No excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where will the top 24s who are in recruiting year going to be? I think most at AS? I would also think that’s where the top college coaches will be at looking at 24s!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where will the top 24s who are in recruiting year going to be? I think most at AS? I would also think that’s where the top college coaches will be at looking at 24s!

Yes, 100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will be at both sites for sure'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Six of ten is a bit aggressive, although Coach Blue did go shopping at Jabroni Mart last summer....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Insane that that parents on Spallina think they are the one and only in lacrosse. Every other top team represents AS but I’m sure they’ll fold next year because Spallina isn’t there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster is up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow......... 13 Spalina girls on UA. at least 6 others are from Jesters. What a Joke. 6 Jesters girls make it from a team that has trouble competing at the top level? I hope Caramelli feels better about himself picking all those Jesters girls to pump up his program.. Feel bad for all the girls that actually thought they had a shot at making it. Politics at it's best!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Insane that that parents on Spallina think they are the one and only in lacrosse. Every other top team represents AS but I’m sure they’ll fold next year because Spallina isn’t there.

I saw girls from YJ, TG, Leg, and Jesters at UA tryouts.

We need an AS vs UA game here on LI and skip the drive to MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow......... 13 Spalina girls on UA. at least 6 others are from Jesters. What a Joke. 6 Jesters girls make it from a team that has trouble competing at the top level? I hope Caramelli feels better about himself picking all those Jesters girls to pump up his program.. Feel bad for all the girls that actually thought they had a shot at making it. Politics at it's best!!

Exactly why they felt the need to create AS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they next level talent would be able to play $850 to play on one of 3 teams in a money grab tournament ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw girls from YJ, TG, Leg, and Jesters at UA tryouts.

We need an AS vs UA game here on LI and skip the drive to MD.

Pretty sure the UA team would spank them. That said the UA other regions are so far weak. Jersey is like a really good rec team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly why they felt the need to create AS.[/quote]

So they next level talent would be able to play $850 to play on one of 3 teams in a money grab tournament ?[/quote]

As stated earlier. It’s only Long Island that has their top kids at Under Armour. Everywhere else it’s AS. For whatever reason. You can’t deny that. Look at the rosters at the other regions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13 YJ on UA, 17 YJ on each AS team... really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they next level talent would be able to play $850 to play on one of 3 teams in a money grab tournament ?[/quote]

As stated earlier. It’s only Long Island that has their top kids at Under Armour. Everywhere else it’s AS. For whatever reason. You can’t deny that. Look at the rosters at the other regions.[/quote]

How the heck do you guys know the top talent by name in the other regions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Six of ten is a bit aggressive, although Coach Blue did go shopping at Jabroni Mart last summer....

the good YJB kids were leaving anyway and were already shopping around before the season even started

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably

Yup, and his kids always get picked for these teams despite others being much better players. Really a sad thing for lacrosse. Entitlement has no place in youth lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, the need to create AS was for the money. Plain and simple. THREE Long Island teams?

It's the standard CR/YJ model, create as many teams as there are parents willing to pay. It's a smart model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, the need to create AS was for the money. Plain and simple. THREE Long Island teams?

It's the standard CR/YJ model, create as many teams as there are parents willing to pay. It's a smart model.

Let’s also remind ourselves that the best players in the 25’ on Long Island are on YJ A (Spallina). The last 5-6 spots on the roster will be zero factors when it’s crunch time in any games.
The top 26’ kids are doing AS which is a huge Money grab and much easier to make especially when you are in the younger grade of UA. 3 teams for UA come on.
Do I believe some kids were top 20 and didn’t make it; sure but I also know the top kids in the grade made it and the same will be when they announce the roster for the older team today. Best 10-12 kids will make it. after that sprinkle in friends and family; rinse and repeat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The jesters girls are good players, so are the spallina girls. Why do you care so much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did YJ-A drop out of Genesis?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered