BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All those A players who allow their kids to play just to get “game film” taking away time from b team should be ashamed of themselves but mostly the program is in disarray

They apparently don’t have two full teams is my understanding, but I could be wrong. So it appears they put out a hybrid team for B tourneys made up of the A team and the handful kids that are on Flurry to field a team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another team that appears to be fading a bit is FLG. They are down to a 2023, 2025 and 2030 team on the boys side I believe. These teams used to be elite level teams as recent as four years ago… and now I would be surprised if they last another year. 2023s are done and why you want to stick around as a 2025 as one of two teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you notice all the college
coaches at the games yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder if the ones who had AA players take their B spots get to play in A tournaments and switch roles? Given the chatter on the parents sidelines I 'm sure Igloo will be answering a few phone calls today. Either way, congratulations Igloo on your first win. Parents must be proud, especially the one questioning why a kid gets tossed for cursing out a ref. Stay classy Igloo NorthFlurry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder if the ones who had AA players take their B spots get to play in A tournaments and switch roles? Given the chatter on the parents sidelines I 'm sure Igloo will be answering a few phone calls today. Either way, congratulations Igloo on your first win. Parents must be proud, especially the one questioning why a kid gets tossed for cursing out a ref. Stay classy Igloo NorthFlurry.
Woo Hoo, way to go Igloo, beating up on B teams, great job. Can't wait to see what happens at the A tournaments, or are you claiming you're a B team only.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That a lot of analysis for a meaningless B tournament. You son had to get cut from Igloo at some point in his playing days. From what I saw Saturday, Not one player in the JV division will play D1 lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder if the ones who had AA players take

their B spots get to play in A tournaments and switch roles? Given the chatter on the parents sidelines I 'm sure Igloo will be answering a few phone calls today. Either way, congratulations Igloo on your first win. Parents must be proud, especially the one questioning why a kid gets tossed for cursing out a ref. Stay classy Igloo NorthFlurry.
Woo Hoo, way to go Igloo, beating up on B teams, great job. Can't wait to see what happens at the A tournaments, or are you claiming you're a B team only.

Who cares who they bring. Our kids are in High School they will have to face some of the best players on the island when they are on Varsity. Are you going to complain that Mount Sinai or Manhasset or Garden city brought their best players. At this point you are paying for club lacrosse for 1 or 2 reasons.
1) to get your kid recruited
2) to stay sharp for HS ball
Either way playing against better players will help playing against inferior competition will not help your kid. They need to be challenged. And from what I’m reading they played a good game against better competition. So be happy your kid most likely improved which is the reason you are on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry, but the hornets are not a B team. i think they should play in A brackets, they're very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder if the ones who had AA players take

their B spots get to play in A tournaments and switch roles? Given the chatter on the parents sidelines I 'm sure Igloo will be answering a few phone calls today. Either way, congratulations Igloo on your first win. Parents must be proud, especially the one questioning why a kid gets tossed for cursing out a ref. Stay classy Igloo NorthFlurry.

Who cares who they bring. Our kids are in High School they will have to face some of the best players on the island when they are on Varsity. Are you going to complain that Mount Sinai or Manhasset or Garden city brought their best players. At this point you are paying for club lacrosse for 1 or 2 reasons.
Either way playing against better players will help playing against inferior competition will not help your kid. They need to be challenged. And from what I’m reading they played a good game against better competition. So be happy your kid most likely improved which is the reason you are on the field.

So how does that help the A players on igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for trying to justify why your team has to bring their AA players in a known B level tournament. If you can't field a B team than you should have folded, not double dipped. Even your parents acknowledge that. Do your B kids play in A tournaments. Events are still by grad year 2025 or JV, not open divisions. If your varsity starter is so good let them play with the 2024/23's. Directors and clubs enter tournaments based on perceived ability so the games aren't lopsided and remain competitive. Players develop by playing, not by watching. I can say in good conscience our entire roster played equally in every game this weekend. Based on what I saw, Igloo did not do the same.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder

if the ones who had AA players take

Thanks for trying to justify why your team has to bring their AA players in a known B level tournament. If you can't field a B team than you should have folded, not double dipped. Even your parents acknowledge that. Do your B kids play in A tournaments. Events are still by grad year 2025 or JV, not open divisions. If your varsity starter is so good let them play with the 2024/23's. Directors and clubs enter tournaments based on perceived ability so the games aren't lopsided and remain competitive. Players develop by playing, not by watching. I can say in good conscience our entire roster played equally in every game this weekend. Based on what I saw, Igloo did not do the same.

Just looked at Tourney Machine. If there info is correct, igloo won by 2 goals. Sounds like a close game. If igloo brought their A players and their A players played most of or the entire game and only won by 2 goals. Your team played the entire bench I can conclude that either Igloo is not an A team or the hornets are an A team sounds like someone has sour grape because their sons team lost. It seems they played exactly where they should of played. Close championship game. That’s what you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job Igloo, NorthFlurry. Your AA players won their first tournament ever playing in a B tournament. Your AA players never left the field in the final game (sorry, one was ejected) and you barely escaped with the win. I'm sure the real B players who were forced to sit there until sundown, all for a t shirt, were thrilled. Not sour grapes, final game was well played and close, but we are a legitimate B team. The fact is Igloo will play in B tournaments under the Flurry name, but it's all the same kids. Trust me, some of them are on our varsity, so there really is no disputing this. I wonder

if the ones who had AA players take

Just looked at Tourney Machine. If there info is correct, igloo won by 2 goals. Sounds like a close game. If igloo brought their A players and their A players played most of or the entire game and only won by 2 goals. Your team played the entire bench I can conclude that either Igloo is not an A team or the hornets are an A team sounds like someone has sour grape because their sons team lost. It seems they played exactly where they should of played. Close championship game. That’s what you want.

You are correct, a B team lost to an A team, move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B tournament is a understatement. My lacrosse tourneys are dreadful except laxfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real AA teams were at NLF this weekend, guess Igloo didn't get the invite. Better to stay at home and win a B tournament I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Rebels? Are they still a B team moonlighting as an A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B tournament is a understatement. My lacrosse tourneys are dreadful except laxfest.

Fields were terrible, schedule was a disaster. Crazy dangerous too, no nets around fields. Later games must have ended after 8:00, thankfully we played 3 and done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF losing its luster too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF losing its luster too.

The end of summer NLF is pretty legit still. Generally I agree. Too many events. In two weeks most of the top teams are split between 3 different events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fields were terrible, schedule was a disaster. Crazy dangerous too, no nets around fields. Later games must have ended after 8:00, thankfully we played 3 and done.

These tourney dates are set a year out sometimes. I wish they would secure decent fields.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they have a B team as well. The A team did lose a few players I heard. But at least the A team will play in A brackets, not like the Clubs like True Blue and The Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they have a B team as well. The A team did lose a few players I heard. But at least the A team will play in A brackets, not like the Clubs like True Blue and The Turtles.

Top team lost 1 kid which was addition by subtraction. Interested to see how they do this summer.

2nd team is a very good B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles keep saying they're an A team but never play anyone good. Then they go out and get embarrassed in a B bracket. They have 2 good players, one mid and one attack. Take them away and it's a subpar PAL team. If you want to be an A team, go play Annapolis Hawks, 91 MD and DC Express and see how that works out. The whole team would quit before you hit the NJ Turnpike.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles keep saying they're an A team but never play anyone good. Then they go out and get embarrassed in a B bracket. They have 2 good players, one mid and one attack. Take them away and it's a subpar PAL team. If you want to be an A team, go play Annapolis Hawks, 91 MD and DC Express and see how that works out. The whole team would quit before you hit the NJ Turnpike.

The classic bait and switch. They advertise they are moving to A bracket tournaments and so far... They have played all B brackets. This includes Fall 2021 and so far Spring 2022, its the same thing. Silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former member of Igloo, I would like to shed some light on their current situation. Sour grapes, maybe, do what you want with the information. There used to be two separate and distinct teams Northface A and Flurry B. During recent tryouts there was an ugly incident between a parent and a director. This led to Flurry members leaving for other clubs. Not having enough to field two separate teams, they now play together, sort of. They claim their Northface program as an elite AA program but those are the same players you'll see at B level events. We played them last week so this is a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former member of Igloo, I would like to shed some light on their current situation. Sour grapes, maybe, do what you want with the information. There used to be two separate and distinct teams Northface A and Flurry B. During recent tryouts there was an ugly incident between a parent and a director. This led to Flurry members leaving for other clubs. Not having enough to field two separate teams, they now play together, sort of. They claim their Northface program as an elite AA program but those are the same players you'll see at B level events. We played them last week so this is a fact.

Been there done that. If you stayed you deserve the treatment you're getting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said
Do Igloo B players get to stand around and watch at AA tournaments? Pretty sure that is what happened last weekend at a B tournament, at least in the final they did, since I didn't see other games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said

Who stay around for that. There a few very solid 2nd tier teams looking for one or two players. Reach out to them before summer starts. Don’t wait until tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hornets take out the Turtles. Guess the good players left

I'm sorry, but the hornets are not a B team. i think they should play in A brackets, they're very good

Do the Hornets still have 33 kids on the sidelines. And they are good, but not A. They beat the turtles, but the Turtles had two or three players who apparently got hurt or where missing or both. And it was clear without those players they are a different team. Kids will realize that with recruiting starting for this class they are wasting their time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said
Do Igloo B players get to stand around and watch at AA tournaments? Pretty sure that is what happened last weekend at a B tournament, at least in the final they did, since I didn't see other games.

Same thing is playing out at legrush I heard. Low numbers and They appear to have strategically scheduled tourneys to allow for fillers. These combo situations are never a success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said

Same thing is playing out at legrush I heard. Low numbers and They appear to have strategically scheduled tourneys to allow for fillers. These combo situations are never a success.

For better or worse LIE set the business model now everyone is chasing dollars. They all promise an anti-travel club, player development, community involvement. Nonsense, it's a business and run for profit. Clubs now only cater to the few real recruitable players. Everyone other player is footing the bill. Almost any good hs player can find a college program. What are you willing to give up academically and socially just to play lacrosse in college. B teams used to be an affordable option loaded with decent hs players who didn't necessarily care about college lacrosse. Somehow all that changed an every club sells the promise of recruitment for big money. It's not so easy to find an affordable option to keep kids playing once or twice a week in the offseason so they stay active for hs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nailed it. Basically no options for the athlete that wants to play lax but is not interested in playing college lax, or lax is his second sport. I feel for these boys, my son being one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would players be wasting their time? Does a team get looks at recruitment or individual players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did the same thing in the Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would players be wasting their time? Does a team get looks at recruitment or individual players?

The waste is playing on teams that say one thing and do another or they put a band aide on a situation to try to fix. And then there are other teams who swore they were A teams and play in B. At the end of the day no small club will help with the next level, and the big ones will. It’s up to the parents to be realistic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the Hornets still have 33 kids on the sidelines. And they are good, but not A. They beat the turtles, but the Turtles had two or three players who apparently got hurt or where missing or both. And it was clear without those players they are a different team. Kids will realize that with recruiting starting for this class they are wasting their time.

They have 33 and the guy keeps adding players. There's no way you can provide any meaningful time to that many players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 33 and the guy keeps adding players. There's no way you can provide any meaningful time to that many players.

and they get equal playing time or at least try to get them all playing time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and they get equal playing time or at least try to get them all playing time

It's impossible to get that many kids equal playing time. There are kids that will hardly touch the field for them. It's a waste of money for those parents, there are plenty of other teams where you child will get decent playing time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had 3 teams. As 91 keeps falling apart, they could not field 3 teams. hornets are B at best, what top teams have they beat, nobody. I have to say I enjoy watching 91 fall apart. Few big boobs running it. They are dinosaurs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They never had 3 teams at this age group. It was blast and ice. Now it’s shock and hornets

Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard