BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 79 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OP here, I agree that MDU is in top 5, but just don’t see them as top 3 program at any age level. No one is shaking in their boots knowing they have to play MDU.

Top 5 MidAtlantic Overall:
1. M&D
2. Hero’s
3. Skywalkers
4. MDU
5. ????

Top 5 MidAtlantic 28’s & Younger:
1. M&D
2. Hero’s
3. Coppermine
4. MDU
5. ???? Looking at how standings ended up for NGLL, there’s no clear #5 program. My gut says Crush or Next Level, but they don’t have consistent teams at A Division. Most notably, this spot CANNOT go to Skywalkers. Their younger teams, outside of one or two good players each team, are just not elite anymore.

Again, what are you basing this on? MDU had the same number of teams 28 and younger in the semi-finals and finals as Coppermine. Coppermine has one great team (28) and 2 particularly strong teams (27 & 29) at younger years. But as many people have pointed out in the past, having strong young teams isn't necessarily predictive of success at older ages for a number of reasons. I don't see any solid logic to crown Coppermine future "top 3" over other clubs. And it's not because they have access to fields - most teams have access to fields.

I don’t see a huge gap between 3 and 4. Put MDU at 4 and Coppermine at 4 if that makes you happy. My point is more about Skywalkers. MDU has had past success and will continue to do so. Coppermine has not had great teams in the past, but is likely to capture that Skywalkers/Baltimore talent moving forward to compete with M&D for the same players. I put Coppermine above MDU because Baltimore players are overall better than the kids down South both in the past and currently.

" I put Coppermine above MDU because Baltimore players are overall better than the kids down South both in the past and currently"

Talk about flawed logic. Why not apply that to Crush vs MDU?

Yes, an area as big as "Baltimore" and with a population density many times greater than Anne Arundel County, you are going to find more lacrosse talent. None of that means Coppermine is "better" than MDU. Does this same logic apply with Severna Park and Broadneck considered lesser than say Delaney or Loch Raven HS? Is St. Mary's lesser than John Carroll due to this logic as well?

" I put Coppermine above MDU because Baltimore players are overall better than the kids down South both in the past and currently" What an stunad. Coppermine will fade as always in high school.

If the top players stay at coppermine and MDU, there is no reason that they would fade away. That is the whole point of the recent conversations. MDU area top teams at 28s, but not typically top teams in HS. Will they stay together and build the program or will their top players leave and the high school ranks for 28s will trend the way of years past with M&D, Heros, and Skywalkers being at the top.

For reference since everyone loves numbers. UA 150 (the #1 invite only showcase inthe country for 24s and 25s) released rosters by club last week. Here are the breakouts by club. About 400 girls in total across the country. To be fair, Robinson Sports co-runs this event which explains why so many M&D girls. That said, its pretty directions round talent levels.

Sky Walkers 28
M&D 31
Hero's 12
NEMS 12
MDU 3
Capital 11
Pride 5
Integrity 4
TLC 3
Coppermine 3
MC Elite 2
CCLax 2

Outside DMV

Yellow Jackets 17
STEPS 10
Top Guns 13
Team 180 12
Florida Select 11
HHH 8

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2, 3 and 4 are interchangeable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

lol comical. Coppermine beat MDU when it mattered the most. Get over it already and move on.

By a goal....I could see either being at #2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All four are interchangeable. Didn't M&D win the semi and championship in one goal games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

Really top heavy. Hopefully MD teams can perform well against the out of state teams. I'll be interest to see how FCA, Pride, Crush do.

FCA is in the same group as 10-12, they shouldn't be 6. Pride, Hoco and Next Level are all higher/better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we to really believe this is the downfall of Skywalkers? I really don’t see that happening!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it the coaching or the lack of talent on the team? ( I am truly asking that question because I don’t know). What teams are you considering? We are also looking.

I heard the 28 coach left and looking at their 27 team hasn’t gotten better. We are most likely going to try out for Coppermine. I made sure to pay attention to the parents and besides the 1 or 2 people on here that have a grudge, the parents seemed very nice. Team seems to be coached well and Coppermine offers a lot when it comes to fields, winter space. Lastly my daughter knows a few girls on that team and she likes them. I want my daughter to be pushed and want to get better each day.

Which coach left?
2028/29 Blue Coaches:
Kathy Liotta & Jordan Sdanowich & Rayna Deltuva

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All four are interchangeable. Didn't M&D win the semi and championship in one goal games?

They still are the champs, so how do they not deserve the # 1? M&D and Coppermine separated themselves as the top 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They still are the champs, so how do they not deserve the # 1? M&D and Coppermine separated themselves as the top 2.

interchangeable, meaning they are just as likely to lose to one of the other 2. They are NGLL Champs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

interchangeable, meaning they are just as likely to lose to one of the other 2. They are NGLL Champs.

Guess what, they didn't lose though, so they go to # 1, that's how things work when you win the Championship and the Runner Up goes to # 2.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems strange to me when people try to create their own interpretations about which teams are the best for any age group, especially for the 2028 age group since this is the principal group in this thread. When comparing teams that play in the same league, i.e., NGLL mid-Atlantic, the logical method is to use the final standings leading to the NGLL National tournament. Every other method reflects more on the wishes of the commentor and not what is real.

Likewise, results of any tournament of a league, i.e., NGLL, should form the basis of deciding any ranking of participating teams in the tournament.

The only time someone's personal prioritization makes any sense is when the commentor is comparing teams that have not played each other or were not represented in the tournament. For example, someone could logically argue that Coppermine was better than any team in the NGLL national tournament except for Eagle Stix, Aces, and M&D. (They may or may not be right, but it is strictly a matter of opinion.) It would be wishful thinking to rank Coppermine ahead of the team (M&D) that defeated it to get to the NGLL national tournament or to rank Coppermine higher than the two teams that defeated M&D to reach the NGLL finals.

That is my opinion - right or wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems strange to me when people try to create their own interpretations about which teams are the best for any age group, especially for the 2028 age group since this is the principal group in this thread. When comparing teams that play in the same league, i.e., NGLL mid-Atlantic, the logical method is to use the final standings leading to the NGLL National tournament. Every other method reflects more on the wishes of the commentor and not what is real.

Likewise, results of any tournament of a league, i.e., NGLL, should form the basis of deciding any ranking of participating teams in the tournament.

The only time someone's personal prioritization makes any sense is when the commentor is comparing teams that have not played each other or were not represented in the tournament. For example, someone could logically argue that Coppermine was better than any team in the NGLL national tournament except for Eagle Stix, Aces, and M&D. (They may or may not be right, but it is strictly a matter of opinion.) It would be wishful thinking to rank Coppermine ahead of the team (M&D) that defeated it to get to the NGLL national tournament or to rank Coppermine higher than the two teams that defeated M&D together reach the NGLL finals.

Good news....we can move on from the NGLL conversation, because they get their 1st cracknat eachother today at impulse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well hero’s loss today at lax by the sea probably knocks them down to 4th. (Albeit in a 25 min playoff game)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only time someone's personal prioritization makes any sense is when the commentor is comparing teams that have not played each other or were not represented in the tournament. For example, someone could logically argue that Coppermine was better than any team in the NGLL national tournament except for Eagle Stix, Aces, and M&D. (They may or may not be right, but it is strictly a matter of opinion.) It would be wishful thinking to rank Coppermine ahead of the team (M&D) that defeated it to get to the NGLL national tournament or to rank Coppermine higher than the two teams that defeated M&D together reach the NGLL finals.

Good news....we can move on from the NGLL conversation, because they get their 1st cracknat eachother today at impulse

NGLL.
Lax for the cure
Mid Atlantic.
The only 3 that the competition means something right now. The rest are playdays and should be used for development. Stop with the bs rankings from Tom IAmInsecure and Harry that has a kid playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And M&D loss to crush probably knocks them to 5th right? This was the point of the post that the top 4 or 5 teams are very competitive in a very good age group.

Just enjoy the ride!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And M&D loss to crush probably knocks them to 5th right? This was the point of the post that the top 4 or 5 teams are very competitive in a very good age group.

Just enjoy the ride!
Agree! Not much of a goal differential between the 4 clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Genesis Origins Buzzy Ouchies Bracket. One team definitely does not belong:
Aces Elite
Crush
Eagle Stix
Legacy LI
MD United
NEMS
Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Genesis Origins Buzzy Ouchies Bracket. One team definitely does not belong:
Aces Elite
Crush
Eagle Stix
Legacy LI
MD United
NEMS
Coppermine

I count two that don’t belong — NEMS and Legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live Love Lax predictions? Looks like most of NGLL A is playing in Live Love Lax this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live Love Lax predictions? Looks like most of NGLL A is playing in Live Love Lax this weekend.
No playoffs
No t shirts
No college recruiting.
Just lots of parents thinking these games mean more than just fun and learning for the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No playoffs
No t shirts
No college recruiting.
Just lots of parents thinking these games mean more than just fun and learning for the girls.

Yeah, seems difficult to make predictions knowing that many teams use these showcases as opportunities for development, where all girls on roster get plenty of PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless that’s gonna be an entertaining bracket to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless that’s gonna be an entertaining bracket to watch.
For the most part...really depends on the match ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

lol comical. Coppermine beat MDU when it mattered the most. Get over it already and move on.

Coppermine beat MDU 9-5 at Impulse this past Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

6-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

6-5

But I thought MDU was better than Coppermine? That aged well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 9-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

6-5

Are we ranking based on NGLL season and playoffs or continuing with tournament results ?
M&D lost to Crush 8-5 while MDU and Coppermine beat Crush 6-5 and 8-6 respectively. Does this mean M&D doesn't deserve #1 ?
M&D beat Coppermine in NGLL Championship and deserves all the accolades and #1 Ranking as did Coppermine in the previous year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

6-5

But I thought MDU was better than Coppermine? That aged well.

As said, they are pretty all close together. Yes, losing twice by a single goal each time, can't really say one is better or worse right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 9-5

It was 6-5, were you there or do you have trouble reading a red and blue numbered sign?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Power Rankings:

#1 M&D 9-1 (Congrats)
#2 MDU 7-2
#3 Coppermine* 8-2
#4 Hero’s 7-2
#5 Crush 5-3
#6 FCA 3-5
#7 Pride 3-5
#8 HoCo 3-5
#9 Next Level 3-5
#10 Skywalkers 1-7
#11 Stars 1-7
#12 Limelight 1-7

6-5

Are we ranking based on NGLL season and playoffs or continuing with tournament results ?
M&D lost to Crush 8-5 while MDU and Coppermine beat Crush 6-5 and 8-6 respectively. Does this mean M&D doesn't deserve #1 ?
M&D beat Coppermine in NGLL Championship and deserves all the accolades and #1 Ranking as did Coppermine in the previous year.

Again, they are all basically even.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 9-5

Tourney Machine says 6-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 9-5

Who cares? It was a showcase. As has been pointed out, many teams play for development, not to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why I keep coming back here, its like a car crash.

There are so many talented girls in the area that play for different clubs.

Who's the best, what's our ranking, showcase vs NGLL...just enjoy the atmosphere of competitive lacrosse in Maryland!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Coppermine playing in the B division again this year to avoid playing the better competition? We’re coming up from Georgia and would love to play them. The only teams that can compete with us are Aces and M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Coppermine playing in the B division again this year to avoid playing the better competition? We’re coming up from Georgia and would love to play them. The only teams that can compete with us are Aces and M&D

Yes. They have soccer conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is ranked #1 based on the updated USClub rankings. Crazy since they didn't win NGLL. The rankings are a bit flawed as they give huge points for blowouts, regardless of competition. If they play in weak divisions, they will likely maintain, though Lax for Cure has only one playoff bracket so they would be forced to meet top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Coppermine is in the top Division for Live Love Lax, were in top Division for Impulse, didn’t get into Lax for the Cure and Mid-Atlantic hasn’t been scheduled yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Maryland United.
And Heros.
And maybe Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All you people make me sick! Give props to all the teams in MD. They all work hard and fight for the top spot. The problem is...you parents that get on here and talk trash about other people's kids, clubs and schedules without any real knowledge of the situation. Anonymity allows people to behave terribly on this site.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 79 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard