BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 86 1 2 82 83 84 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What’s hilarious is that Mad Dog National (with several Nationals players) won the tournament and beat Madlax 8-0 in the semi-finals

Yes, it is fun for Madlax detractors when one of their teams gets beaten, but like it or not, this event was a massive success for MadLax. It used to be a joke tournament with only MadLax' own teams and B level competition in attendance. But now it draws the very best national and regional all-star teams, plus the top-ranked "real" teams. Most of the MadLax teams finished at or near the top of large, elite fields. For example, the 2027 MadLax team went 4-1, with its only loss to Mad Dog Nationals, ranked #2 in US Club lax rankings, and they beat Nation's Best, which seems to have taken the place of Nationals, 7-5. The 2026 MadLax team went 3-2, losing to SweetLax and LI Express CoachC, the top two teams in the country. The 2025 MadLax team won its division, beating Crabs, West Coast Starz, Sweetlax. The 2029 ML team finished second, losing 8-4 to Nation's Best, in the finals. If I were Cabell (trust me, I am not) I would far prefer to have elite competition and my own teams win some/lose some, rather than a cream puff event where my teams collect all the trophies.

There is so much bad information here, its truly amazing. Nationals didn't cheat last year, that's incorrect and just an excuse that parents use when their teams lose. The clubs that run the Club Nationals Tournament don't like Nationals poaching their players and are trying to end Nationals business model, by boxing them out of tournaments. Plain and simple. And Mad Dog '27 was essentially Nationals '27 from last year, but for a few players. We need some fact checking here.

Player(s) played for one team, and the same day switched jerseys and played for Nationals. Multiple opposing players and coaches witnessed and reported it. If you don't consider that to be cheating, or if you deny it happened and say that opposing parents made it up, that would explain why Nationals are no longer welcome at very many tournaments.

Pleeeeeease...which shellacking felt worse? Last years by Nationals '27 or this years shutout by Mad Dog '27? The Mad Dog National vs. MadLax National game wasn't even competitive. I think you guys had 1 shot! Did Mad Dog cheat too?!?!?!?

You must not have been watching the Mad Dog game very closely, because the Mad Dog goalie had some great saves. But to answer your question, last years game felt much worse, because in that one the opponent cheated. But I am glad they got caught, glad you don't deny it, and glad that the cheaters won't be coming back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk about a bunch of immature bickering.

All the orgs involved have documented histories of petty, childish and unprofessional behavior:

Owners talking garbage to players/parents, rigging their own tournaments, cross-rostering players, floating registration checks, and not paying tournament dues.

All sides deserve eachother. No class whatsoever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being jealous does not look good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s hilarious is that Mad Dog National (with several Nationals players) won the tournament and beat Madlax 8-0 in the semi-finals

Yes, it is fun for Madlax detractors when one of their teams gets beaten, but like it or not, this event was a massive success for MadLax. It used to be a joke tournament with only MadLax' own teams and B level competition in attendance. But now it draws the very best national and regional all-star teams, plus the top-ranked "real" teams. Most of the MadLax teams finished at or near the top of large, elite fields. For example, the 2027 MadLax team went 4-1, with its only loss to Mad Dog Nationals, ranked #2 in US Club lax rankings, and they beat Nation's Best, which seems to have taken the place of Nationals, 7-5. The 2026 MadLax team went 3-2, losing to SweetLax and LI Express CoachC, the top two teams in the country. The 2025 MadLax team won its division, beating Crabs, West Coast Starz, Sweetlax. The 2029 ML team finished second, losing 8-4 to Nation's Best, in the finals. If I were Cabell (trust me, I am not) I would far prefer to have elite competition and my own teams win some/lose some, rather than a cream puff event where my teams collect all the trophies.

There is so much bad information here, its truly amazing. Nationals didn't cheat last year, that's incorrect and just an excuse that parents use when their teams lose. The clubs that run the Club Nationals Tournament don't like Nationals poaching their players and are trying to end Nationals business model, by boxing them out of tournaments. Plain and simple. And Mad Dog '27 was essentially Nationals '27 from last year, but for a few players. We need some fact checking here.

Player(s) played for one team, and the same day switched jerseys and played for Nationals. Multiple opposing players and coaches witnessed and reported it. If you don't consider that to be cheating, or if you deny it happened and say that opposing parents made it up, that would explain why Nationals are no longer welcome at very many tournaments.

Pleeeeeease...which shellacking felt worse? Last years by Nationals '27 or this years shutout by Mad Dog '27? The Mad Dog National vs. MadLax National game wasn't even competitive. I think you guys had 1 shot! Did Mad Dog cheat too?!?!?!?

You must not have been watching the Mad Dog game very closely, because the Mad Dog goalie had some great saves. But to answer your question, last years game felt much worse, because in that one the opponent cheated. But I am glad they got caught, glad you don't deny it, and glad that the cheaters won't be coming back.

Madlax parents complaining about cheating might be the best thing ever! Congrats to CM son for making all tournament team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fine with me when any cheaters get caught, whether Nationals, MadLax, or whomever. Wish it happened more often.

Does anybody know the story of Nationals' future - are they folding their tent and releasing players to other teams like Mad Dog and Nation's Best?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Nationals fold? I heard they offered to buy Madlax in lieu of Madlax losing the club due to the lawsuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the entire game, and Madlax barely had the ball, so yeah it wasn't competitive. It had nothing to do with Mad Dog's goalies. And for the record, I am denying that Nationals '27 cheated last year. They didnt have kids playing on multiple '27 rosters and didnt cheat. They were just A LOT better than Madlax. Sorry bud!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're correct that the new trend of national all star teams like Nationals, Mad Dog National, and Nation's Best often handle individual programs like MadLax without much trouble. MadLax adds a few ringers to its Capital teams to form "National teams," but now the truly national teams are beating MadLax at its own game, by bringing teams made entirely of ringers to MadLax's own tournament. Good for them, and it is nice for MadLax to be the underdog for a change, like when MadLax 2027 beat Nation's Best this year in a great game 7-5. But you are out of the loop if you don't know about Nationals 2027 roster shenanigans last year. They were caught red handed, which is why they were booted out of for this year, and why their former players seem to have dispersed to Mad Dog and Nations Best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They couldn’t have been caught too much. No forfeit was registered and I’m sure Cabel would have. I heard Cabel didn’t go for the forfeit because his rosters were full of players who hadn’t officially registered. They didn’t double roster at that specific tournament, even though they did at a couple of other fall tournaments, but they had players not on the official submission.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try, but the decision not to DQ Nationals was to avoid penalizing the Nationals families, who had no say in the roster shenanigans, and because MadLax own 2027 team wanted another shot at Nationals, with an honest roster. The difference between the Saturday score (14-0) and the Sunday score (7-4) tells you something about the players that Nationals pulled in from other teams. But Nationals were told not to come back the following year, and the Nationals families got smart and went to other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. Anybody who has ever had any contact with Cabell or BW knows that to be untrue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the monuments happening this year for the 7th graders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the monuments happening this year for the 7th graders?

Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the Elite6 tournament on February 26th at Blandair Park in Columbia?

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Contact Us for Event Advertising
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax openly admitting to moving players from team to team weekly across divisions.

"Players can be moved between Capital & DMV Teams at any point. DMV players are often "called up" throughout the year! These decision are made by the Madlax Coaching staff weekly and will all be based on skill, attitude, commitment and passion."

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Contact us to help you Advertise
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old news and ripped from the website. No DMV player comes up unless they have improved big time and rarely happens. Seen 3 players in the last few years in the class of 26 and happens more in the younger teams like 27 had ton of movement but that make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax openly admitting to moving players from team to team weekly across divisions.

"Players can be moved between Capital & DMV Teams at any point. DMV players are often "called up" throughout the year! These decision are made by the Madlax Coaching staff weekly and will all be based on skill, attitude, commitment and passion."

What they oddly, don’t mention is Capital kids are often “demoted” throughout the season to help DMV win too.

Many of us watched the roster shuffle this past fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are losing to Madlax DMV then you have bigger issues to worry about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the HOCO rules:

Any additions or deletions must be put in writing and submitted to the Conference Manager before the player is eligible to play. Additions must include all information and waiver forms required with the original roster submittal. No player may be added after the fourth game of the season.

Players released require approval from the “Conference” before signing on with another team. The team shall officially release a player in writing on the “release player” form before the “Conference” can consider approval for another team. Players may only play for one team in this conference. Any player on more then one roster will result in the forfeiture of all games scheduled for both teams and the removal of the player from the conference. Each coach should check with the player’s parents to ensure that the player is only on one roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the HOCO rules:

Any additions or deletions must be put in writing and submitted to the Conference Manager before the player is eligible to play. Additions must include all information and waiver forms required with the original roster submittal. No player may be added after the fourth game of the season.

Players released require approval from the “Conference” before signing on with another team. The team shall officially release a player in writing on the “release player” form before the “Conference” can consider approval for another team. Players may only play for one team in this conference. Any player on more then one roster will result in the forfeiture of all games scheduled for both teams and the removal of the player from the conference. Each coach should check with the player’s parents to ensure that the player is only on one roster.

Cabel don’t care. He’s a stunad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it bother anyone that most MD kids are 2 years older than the national average per grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it bother anyone that most MD kids are 2 years older than the national average per grade?

They aren’t. Get lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in any way shape or form. Should it…..and what is your source?
Why does it bother you so much? Maryland kid take your lunch money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in any way shape or form. Should it…..and what is your source?
Why does it bother you so much? Maryland kid take your lunch money?

Unless they play on age - then they run for the hills!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cap kids don't play for dmv. That's just false. Clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027’s do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027’s do.
+1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are losing to Madlax DMV then you have bigger issues to worry about.

+1
MadLax DMV teams are the equivalent of top Virginia rec teams. If your son is on, or playing against a MadLax DMV team, he is playing for fun and not on track for HS or college glory. So just let him have fun and stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax dmv has half of its kids playing for fun. The rest are the Capital kids, who show up to play down against A and AA teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cap kids don't play for dmv. That's just false. Clown

Take it easy, ML 2031 dad. It's the known culture of the club, and too many people have seen it in person, too many times to say "it NEVER happens." If you wanted to have an argument over it, those arguments would be:

1) OK this is a rare and unusual situation, it almost never happens
2) These are justified situations (COVID roster shortages, emergency subs, etc). "The tournament or league always green lights it ahead of time"
3) If it's fine for True and Nationals (both well documented, also), then why can't ML do it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens both ways so i'm sorry "Clown" you are wrong. Cap kids have played DMV and DMV kids get pushed to Cap when ready. it happens in HOCO but they have been caught and happens in ML tournaments and happens at other tournaments.

mostly, it happens for 1) to win 2) short players 3) others do it

accept it and move on...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That MadLax 31 is probably the best team of 10 and 11 year olds in the country. Really impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll be said to know they are only a group of 9 years olds...as evident by the clear size disadvantage they had against Wolfpack. But agree, they are probably one of the best team of 9 year old teams in the mid atlantic. Hawks beat them in HoCo and Rebels from LI handled them in early spring, but certainly a strong squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And when that squad of 9 year olds doesn't score 14+ in a league game, they file a protest with the league. haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which game did they protest? News to the parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll be said to know they are only a group of 9 years olds...as evident by the clear size disadvantage they had against Wolfpack. But agree, they are probably one of the best team of 9 year old teams in the mid atlantic. Hawks beat them in HoCo and Rebels from LI handled them in early spring, but certainly a strong squad.

Yeah rebels squad best we have seen. Mad lax definitely top 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
happened again....

Like Reply Quote
A