BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is curcio coaching the yj b team now?

thats a tremendous upgrade

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is curcio coaching the yj b team now?

thats a tremendous upgrade

She's runs an excellent team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do other coaches charge for privates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents on this forum are amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do other coaches charge for privates?

Anywhere between $60-$150

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the American Select Roster for the 2025 in Long Island. LMAO. So they started AS to get away from Under Armour's nepotism to certain clubs. The entire AS Black team is Yellow Jackets. =) I have no dog in the fight but I find it laughable. Next year they are gonna start another tournament to get away from the nepotism of AS. It's gonna be with an affiliate club of Top Guns. After the tryout it will be a team of all Top Guns.
Now I get YJ has a lot of talent, but the whole team. Come on. Let's try to hide it a little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the American Select Roster for the 2025 in Long Island. LMAO. So they started AS to get away from Under Armour's nepotism to certain clubs. The entire AS Black team is Yellow Jackets. =) I have no dog in the fight but I find it laughable. Next year they are gonna start another tournament to get away from the nepotism of AS. It's gonna be with an affiliate club of Top Guns. After the tryout it will be a team of all Top Guns.
Now I get YJ has a lot of talent, but the whole team. Come on. Let's try to hide it a little.

I see mostly YJ, but also see Legacy, Liberty, and Top Guns girls on there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

What I think this tells you, is that the majority of the top players on LI are playing on YJs teams. I think most can agree to that? That’s the team that attracts them and they eventually end up on a YJ team if a top player. Not ALL top players, but majority do end up playing on YJs. Those numbers you looked up suggest this, as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

What I think this tells you, is that the majority of the top players on LI are playing on YJs teams. I think most can agree to that? That’s the team that attracts them and they eventually end up on a YJ team if a top player. Not ALL top players, but majority do end up playing on YJs. Those numbers you looked up suggest this, as well.

I would agree to that. To an extent. If there were 7 or even 10 YJ on the black team, maybe. But the funny thing is, according to that roster, Spallina's best kids aren't even going to AS. There's 34 YJ kids in the top two teams. Not one Top Gun or Jester player. There has to be a Top Gun player that it better than the 34th best kid on the YJ. Also funny how it's almost the identical amount of YJ kids on each team. I don't buy it.
I have no dog in the fight. My kid wants to go to UA, but to say there is no nepotism at these events would be insane. Just like if a Jesters coach ran it, I am sure he would take kids that don't belong over others. That's the problem letting clubs evaluate the tryouts.
Or maybe I'm wrong. Just my opinion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

I would agree to that. To an extent. If there were 7 or even 10 YJ on the black team, maybe. But the funny thing is, according to that roster, Spallina's best kids aren't even going to AS. There's 34 YJ kids in the top two teams. Not one Top Gun or Jester player. There has to be a Top Gun player that it better than the 34th best kid on the YJ. Also funny how it's almost the identical amount of YJ kids on each team. I don't buy it.
I have no dog in the fight. My kid wants to go to UA, but to say there is no nepotism at these events would be insane. Just like if a Jesters coach ran it, I am sure he would take kids that don't belong over others. That's the problem letting clubs evaluate the tryouts.

My mistake, there are two TG kids playing. One on each team. I was looking at the 2024. Which is still the same argument. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

You think there’s problems with the 2025 selections, take a look at the 2024s. It’s even worse in that year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

Please come back after UA tryouts and let us know what you think of that process? If your daughter a 25 and not on “YJ” Spalina , then good luck with that. Let’s see if you have same take on the YJ thing. Maybe it is the case, that most of the better players are on YJ teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

Please come back after UA tryouts and let us know what you think of that process? If your daughter a 25 and not on “YJ” Spalina , then good luck with that. Let’s see if you have same take on the YJ thing. Maybe it is the case, that most of the better players are on YJ teams?

Sorry she is on the team. But I will come back and tell you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

Sorry she is on the team. But I will come back and tell you.

She is on what team? Spalina? Then you prob. Have a good shot at UA? Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching ua?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is coaching ua?

Caramelli from Jesters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true

The link has been removed.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Contact us for Event Advertisement assistance.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looked it up
A team 17 YJ out of 23
B team 17 YJ out of 23
C team 16 YJ out of 21
=)

Come on. Stop. There's six kids from Galvin's team going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was invited to play in the Juniors Open on July 5th-7th. Before we spend any money on it and have her missing club team practices, does anyone have any insight into the event and whether there would be any value in it for a 2025?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was invited to play in the Juniors Open on July 5th-7th. Before we spend any money on it and have her missing club team practices, does anyone have any insight into the event and whether there would be any value in it for a 2025?

I think the girls get better value attending a prospect ID rather than a showcase at the 2025 age. I don't think any of the colleges are looking at 2025 kids if there are 2024s there this summer.

Full disclosure, my daughter is attending AS and UA 150 so I love throwing money away. But I know it will be nothing more than her getting more experience against good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the girls get better value attending a prospect ID rather than a showcase at the 2025 age. I don't think any of the colleges are looking at 2025 kids if there are 2024s there this summer.

Full disclosure, my daughter is attending AS and UA 150 so I love throwing money away. But I know it will be nothing more than her getting more experience against good players.

The only other thing i will throw out, is 2024 is notoriously a down year in the perception of the college coaches i have spoken with... so there may be opportunity for 2025s to be seen at events like this. But just like most other events you have to weigh the cost to exposure balance. My daughter is signed up, but approaching it more as another chance to compete against top talent rather than as an event she hopes to "be seen."... if the latter is the byproduct, all the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only other thing i will throw out, is 2024 is notoriously a down year in the perception of the college coaches i have spoken with... so there may be opportunity for 2025s to be seen at events like this. But just like most other events you have to weigh the cost to exposure balance. My daughter is signed up, but approaching it more as another chance to compete against top talent rather than as an event she hopes to "be seen."... if the latter is the byproduct, all the better.

“Notoriously a down year in the perception of the college coaches I have spoken with” … can you expound in this? What college coaches have “you” been speaking with? Your daughters a 25? I don’t think you are speaking with any college coaches!! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea I agree, the fact that you are claiming the 2024 group is a down group is a joke ! Then claiming to have spoken to handful of coaches and they agree sounds even more comical. Coming on here just to lie is embarrassing. It’s one thing to have an opinion , it’s another to make bold lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many college coaches have you actually “spoken with” with that “perception”? This sounds like a 25 LI parent on a certain LI 2025 team that thinks they are all superstars and better than every 24!!! ??? Not! Maybe you have access to a certain LI coach due to your team affiliation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these showcases and tournaments like American Select and Under Armour promote college coaches on scene. I would think they aren't looking at 25s yet anyway when there are 24s and in some cases 23s there. Is this correct? If that's the case, why even go to these events other than competition which you get during the summer regardless going to the top tournaments playing in the top brackets. I would think you are better saving the 1,000$ and hitting two school camps in the summer instead. Curious to hear thoughts from someone with experience in this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these showcases and tournaments like American Select and Under Armour promote college coaches on scene. I would think they aren't looking at 25s yet anyway when there are 24s and in some cases 23s there. Is this correct? If that's the case, why even go to these events other than competition which you get during the summer regardless going to the top tournaments playing in the top brackets. I would think you are better saving the 1,000$ and hitting two school camps in the summer instead. Curious to hear thoughts from someone with experience in this.

Definitely not looking at 25s! Although some delusional parents think their 25 is that special. Only reason to go as a 25 is for the experience of the showcase. So, daughter Knows what to expect for the year they will be being recruited! They will not be looked at otherwise. So, maybe attend one of these type of events. Other than that, spend your dollars on actual training camps and getting your daughter better for when it is her recruiting year. A lot of the extra stuff before eligible recruiting year are definitely money grabs. Use your $$$s on training and working on getting better, Not showcasing when no one watching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely not looking at 25s! Although some delusional parents think their 25 is that special. Only reason to go as a 25 is for the experience of the showcase. So, daughter Knows what to expect for the year they will be being recruited! They will not be looked at otherwise. So, maybe attend one of these type of events. Other than that, spend your dollars on actual training camps and getting your daughter better for when it is her recruiting year. A lot of the extra stuff before eligible recruiting year are definitely money grabs. Use your $$$s on training and working on getting better, Not showcasing when no one watching!

Unfortunately, this is true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many college coaches have you actually “spoken with” with that “perception”? This sounds like a 25 LI parent on a certain LI 2025 team that thinks they are all superstars and better than every 24!!! ??? Not! Maybe you have access to a certain LI coach due to your team affiliation?

The above is probably all true. But, when you look at the 2024 talent, it's still not all that great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyones thoughts on the rosters that have been posted out for Juniors Open? Any team look better then the others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyones thoughts on the rosters that have been posted out for Juniors Open? Any team look better then the others?

My thoughts are they're filled with kids whose parents are suckers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My thoughts are they're filled with kids whose parents are suckers.

Pay to play at its finest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the UA 150 Rosters? Looks like it will be a good tournament. Lots of top programs there. I know it's a money grab and not a big recruiting event, but I think the kids will get good competition out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gray
Coral
Red
Gold
Lime
Purple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why team Gray for top?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird how the 2025 is really a year away from recruiting and there is never any posters on this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird how the 2025 is really a year away from recruiting and there is never any posters on this age group.

why bother when they edit everything

u cant mention certain teams coaches or clubs anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why bother when they edit everything

u cant mention certain teams coaches or clubs anymore

It's a shame. While this site has many problems, there's not many forums online that has a large amount of users. Could be a wealth of information on this site if the anonymous posters would stop worrying about who made a team or a list and who didn't/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only saw the Coral one. Can't find any of the rosters online.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard