BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TOC: Summit wins Group 3 again. RFH is very good, but so is Summit when they play there best. Too many Summit haters out there. In TOC most years and will be there again until proven otherwise.
Had to toss in 1 South School.. the top south public schools are all in group 2

i agree that the only chance the south has of getting a school into the TOC is with RFH. i wouldn't be shocked if they beat summit. the rest are pretty accurate - Bosco in A and either Gill St. Bernards, Rutgers Prep or MKA in the B.
Watch out for RBC, they might close out B. Still not sure how they are a group B school.

You obviously do not have a lot of background regarding the Shore Conference, RBC is definitely a Group B school

Well it’s all by enrollment, that’s why pingry moved up. Nothing to do with performances.

After today, NPB most likely comes down to MKA, Rutgers Prep or RBC! Princeton Day upset Gill St. Bernard’s.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TOC: Summit wins Group 3 again. RFH is very good, but so is Summit when they play there best. Too many Summit haters out there. In TOC most years and will be there again until proven otherwise.

i agree that the only chance the south has of getting a school into the TOC is with RFH. i wouldn't be shocked if they beat summit. the rest are pretty accurate - Bosco in A and either Gill St. Bernards, Rutgers Prep or MKA in the B.
Watch out for RBC, they might close out B. Still not sure how they are a group B school.

You obviously do not have a lot of background regarding the Shore Conference, RBC is definitely a Group B school

I think what he is saying is based on enrollment numbers, it seems that RBC should be in Non Public A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No affiliation to Pingry but would like to note after watching Ryan Palmer yesterday from Pingry I am excited to see him play at Rutgers. He has the hardest shot I have seen at the HS level and I have seen all the top Northeast HS teams this past season - NJ, LI, CT teams. He will be fun to root for at Rutgers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No affiliation to Pingry but would like to note after watching Ryan Palmer yesterday from Pingry I am excited to see him play at Rutgers. He has the hardest shot I have seen at the HS level and I have seen all the top Northeast HS teams this past season - NJ, LI, CT teams. He will be fun to root for at Rutgers!
Was at the game yesterday.. 100% hardest/fastest step down in the state. Also plays 2-way. Let's go RU! win it Sat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what he is saying is based on enrollment numbers, it seems that RBC should be in Non Public A.

according to the NJSIAA classifications, RBC is at 195 enrolled. Pingry is 227. not far off. SHP is the biggest in A at 764. Dwight Englewood is the largest in B at 205

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously do not have a lot of background regarding the Shore Conference, RBC is definitely a Group B school[/quote]

I think what he is saying is based on enrollment numbers, it seems that RBC should be in Non Public A.[/quote]

according to the NJSIAA classifications, RBC is at 195 enrolled. Pingry is 227. not far off. SHP is the biggest in A at 764. Dwight Englewood is the largest in B at 205[/quote]

Curious as to how they come up with those numbers, SHP definitely has a bigger student population, I think 900+, CBA and Don Bosco are up there as well. Arguably, from a pure numbers perspective Pingry should be B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what he is saying is based on enrollment numbers, it seems that RBC should be in Non Public A.[/quote]

according to the NJSIAA classifications, RBC is at 195 enrolled. Pingry is 227. not far off. SHP is the biggest in A at 764. Dwight Englewood is the largest in B at 205[/quote]

Curious as to how they come up with those numbers, SHP definitely has a bigger student population, I think 900+, CBA and Don Bosco are up there as well. Arguably, from a pure numbers perspective Pingry should be B[/quote]
CBA & Don Bosco are single-gender schools so enrollments are doubled for classification purposes. From the NJSIAA General Classifications RBC is 540 and Pingry 434. So Pingry would have won Non-Public A again. Good for them for moving up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious as to how they come up with those numbers, SHP definitely has a bigger student population, I think 900+, CBA and Don Bosco are up there as well. Arguably, from a pure numbers perspective Pingry should be B[/quote]
CBA & Don Bosco are single-gender schools so enrollments are doubled for classification purposes. From the NJSIAA General Classifications RBC is 540 and Pingry 434. So Pingry would have won Non-Public A again. Good for them for moving up.[/quote]

Agreed, good on Pingry for moving up, just didn't understand the classifications.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

according to the NJSIAA classifications, RBC is at 195 enrolled. Pingry is 227. not far off. SHP is the biggest in A at 764. Dwight Englewood is the largest in B at 205

CBA & Don Bosco are single-gender schools so enrollments are doubled for classification purposes. From the NJSIAA General Classifications RBC is 540 and Pingry 434. So Pingry would have won Non-Public A again. Good for them for moving up.[/quote]

Agreed, good on Pingry for moving up, just didn't understand the classifications.[/quote]
No one understands NJ sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again - groups are based on enrollment, not performance.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP. Outcoached. Choked. Again. Out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP. Outcoached. Choked. Again. Out.

Who was it that said SHP was well coached a couple months ago? Come back to eat some crow brotha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea where the group finals are being held?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NPA Final (Delbarton/St Augustine) Wed June 1 4pm @ Hopewell Valley HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DBP is at the jersey shore right now working on their tan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delbarton will be heading down this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delbarton will be heading down this weekend.

One thing I’ve learned is to never doubt delby in the playoffs. They’ll handle Augustine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for group finals:

NPA: Delbarton vs. St. Augustine
Pick: Delbarton - Never bet against the Green Wave in June. Playing great ball right now, getting hot at the right moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as the last team standing in a couple of weeks. Would be fitting for the final TOC crown to go to the program with the most of them.

NPB: Rutgers Prep vs. MKA
Pick: Rutgers Prep - Don't know a lot about either of these teams compared to the rest of the field besides the fact that Rutgers Prep won the Prep B title earlier this year and MKA is coached by the former SHP coach (great guy). Rutgers Prep won 11-7 in their first meeting and I expect it to be a similar game. MKA playing much better than their 5-13 record as of late, but it won't be enough. Whoever wins this game will likely see their season end in the TOC QF's barring any miracle on ice type of upset.

Group 1: ML vs Haddonfield
Pick: ML - Haddonfield has put together a nice season and has some great players but this is Lakes group to lose. Simple as that. Expect it to be the closest game Lakes has played in the tournament but guessing they pull away and win by 7 or so.

Group 2: RFH vs. Summit
Pick: RFH - This is the year the Bulldogs finally pull through and beat Summit. Unlike previous years, RFH is probably favored going into the game. They have some studs on offense that should worry the Summit defense. Summit has some nice pieces on offense and their goalie has been playing great, but it might not be enough. Summit also suffered a few key injuries vs West Essex and also has some guys banged up. Then again, you can never count out Jim Davidson. However, RFH will eek one out tonight and South Jersey gets a team in the TOC.

Group 3: Shawnee vs SPF
Pick: SPF - Welcome to the big leagues SPF. The program is only 10 years old but has made great strides lately. Shawnee has been in this spot before but can't seem to get over the hump. That trend continues for them. Raiders have some impressive wins and close losses on their resume (Summit W, Westfield close L 2X, Chatham W, blowout wins vs teams who good teams are supposed to blow out), and even beat Shawnee down there on 4/30 10-6. Tough to beat a good team twice, but the Raiders advance to their first, and sadly last, TOC.

Group 4: BR vs. Southern
Pick: BR - Another historic program and mainstay in the group finals, the Panthers should cruise in this one. They've been playing great lacrosse since blowing a 2nd half lead to Pingry in the SCF. The Kurdyla brothers are two of the best in the state. Southern has some good players and that program always seems to hang around in Group 4, but with the exception of a few programs, the southern schools just can't compete with the boys from up north. Expect BR to win by 5+.

Conclusion:
NPA: Delbarton
NPB: Rutgers Prep
G1: Lakes
G2: RFH
G3: SPF
G4: BR

TOC Seedings (unsure if they still use a site like LaxNumbers.com for these. If so, these would be different. Just my guesses):
1: Lakes (Bye)
2. Delbarton (Bye)
3. RFH
4. BR
5. SPF
6. Rutgers Prep

QF:
#3 RFH rolls #6 Rutgers Prep
#4 BR just gets by #5 SPF who will walk away leaving a lot of people impressed despite the loss.

Semis:
#1 Lakes pulls away from #4 BR by 4 or so.
#2 Delbarton continues to roll and puts a nail in the coffin for RFH early winning in similar fashion to their game vs DPB over the weekend.

Finals:
#2 Delbarton gets revenge on #1 Lakes, winning the final TOC in NJ.

This is all just for fun and purely speculation/my predictions. Congrats to all of the players on making it this far. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't. Nice win for St. Augustine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for group finals:

Pick: Delbarton - Never bet against the Green Wave in June. Playing great ball right now, getting hot at the right moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as the last team standing in a couple of weeks. Would be fitting for the final TOC crown to go to the program with the most of them.

Pick: Rutgers Prep - Don't know a lot about either of these teams compared to the rest of the field besides the fact that Rutgers Prep won the Prep B title earlier this year and MKA is coached by the former SHP coach (great guy). Rutgers Prep won 11-7 in their first meeting and I expect it to be a similar game. MKA playing much better than their 5-13 record as of late, but it won't be enough. Whoever wins this game will likely see their season end in the TOC QF's barring any miracle on ice type of upset.

Pick: ML - Haddonfield has put together a nice season and has some great players but this is Lakes group to lose. Simple as that. Expect it to be the closest game Lakes has played in the tournament but guessing they pull away and win by 7 or so.

Pick: RFH - This is the year the Bulldogs finally pull through and beat Summit. Unlike previous years, RFH is probably favored going into the game. They have some studs on offense that should worry the Summit defense. Summit has some nice pieces on offense and their goalie has been playing great, but it might not be enough. Summit also suffered a few key injuries vs West Essex and also has some guys banged up. Then again, you can never count out Jim Davidson. However, RFH will eek one out tonight and South Jersey gets a team in the TOC.

Pick: SPF - Welcome to the big leagues SPF. The program is only 10 years old but has made great strides lately. Shawnee has been in this spot before but can't seem to get over the hump. That trend continues for them. Raiders have some impressive wins and close losses on their resume (Summit W, Westfield close L 2X, Chatham W, blowout wins vs teams who good teams are supposed to blow out), and even beat Shawnee down there on 4/30 10-6. Tough to beat a good team twice, but the Raiders advance to their first, and sadly last, TOC.

Pick: BR - Another historic program and mainstay in the group finals, the Panthers should cruise in this one. They've been playing great lacrosse since blowing a 2nd half lead to Pingry in the SCF. The Kurdyla brothers are two of the best in the state. Southern has some good players and that program always seems to hang around in Group 4, but with the exception of a few programs, the southern schools just can't compete with the boys from up north. Expect BR to win by 5+.

Conclusion:

TOC Seedings (unsure if they still use a site like LaxNumbers.com for these. If so, these would be different. Just my guesses):
2. Delbarton (Bye)
3. RFH
4. BR
5. SPF
6. Rutgers Prep

QF:
#4 BR just gets by #5 SPF who will walk away leaving a lot of people impressed despite the loss.

Semis:
#2 Delbarton continues to roll and puts a nail in the coffin for RFH early winning in similar fashion to their game vs DPB over the weekend.

Finals:

This is all just for fun and purely speculation/my predictions. Congrats to all of the players on making it this far. Good luck!
So Delbarton will be at the beach this weekend..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picks for group finals:

Conclusion:

2. Delbarton (Bye)
3. RFH
4. BR
5. SPF
6. Rutgers Prep

QF:

Semis:

Finals:

So Delbarton will be at the beach this weekend..

Delbarton was anointed to win by many people...don't get me wrong....they were still good but look how the top ten was this year....constant change and any team can beat any other team at a given point in time.....this is how it is going to be moving forward....there is a ton a talent in NJ lacrosse right now.....the 2024 class is the first class with a large number of high end players up and down the State and it continues right down to the 2028's....this was all built upon by the older kids 2016-2023.....parity is here to stay and NJ is going to have a lot of kids playing in college!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPF is going to win the whole thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am going with Summit or Rumson. Both SHOULD NOT WILL win against any of the other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great season - was rooting for them but man, they didn’t show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very impressive season. I don’t think many people had them doing what they did this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very impressive season. I don’t think many people had them doing what they did this year.
Outstanding coach..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outstanding coach..

I think people had them winning group 3 for sure. With calandra leaving Chatham it was theirs for the taking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bergen Catholic's new Head Coach: Ric Beardsley.

Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ric Beardsley hired as the HC at Bergen. Anyone have any insight as to his departure from CBA in NY?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very cool. He is literally one of the best lacrosse players ever to play the game. No BS. For anyone not familiar watch his old video's. Amazing player and brought some serious fun, innovation, and style to defensive position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very cool. He is literally one of the best lacrosse players ever to play the game. No BS. For anyone not familiar watch his old video's. Amazing player and brought some serious fun, innovation, and style to defensive position.

that's all well and good. the majority of the checks he teaches are highly impractical and probably useless but look cool on Instagram. i'm more concerned with him stepping down 6 games into his season in 2021 at CBA in NY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jersey Strong was nice event at St. Joe's Metuchen yesterday. Well organized, nice fields, great overall atmosphere. From what I saw it appeared most of the Top D1 and D3 teams had representation there including all the very high academic schools.

Given TOC is no longer it would be idea for event like this could replace it beginning next season. NJ high school football has a few special events at beginning of season, I would hope lacrosse could do something at end of the season under NJSIAA for schools that want to participate especially after two non-public (one with small and other with medium size enrollments) made the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Season 45 days out.. Any surprises out there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor they are dropping RFH to Group 1, so they will face ML for states because there is no TOC. RFH is just on the Group 1/2 enrollment cutline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor they are dropping RFH to Group 1, so they will face ML for states because there is no TOC. RFH is just on the Group 1/2 enrollment cutline.

So basically they will get rolled by ML in states instead of TOC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a better match-up than Haddonfield. No TOC is really bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a better match-up than Haddonfield. No TOC is really bad.

Agreed, it gave every team in the state the opportunity to prove themselves, now we will just be left with a bunch of group winners. This is not football, schools with smaller enrollments can be just as good as the bigger schools, and they should be able to compete equally,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but more kids get trophies now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the spring HS season.

I think Summit will be tough as per the usual.

Westfield looks loaded on paper this year

SHP has the talent, they seem to have a bunch of let down games each year, compared to the number of kids they send to college.

What’s the word in RFH.

And is scotch plains a flash in the pan or are they becoming a upper tier public program. Those guys seem to have laid a good foundation.

Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westfield beat Liverpool by ten or so yesterday
Chatham best west genny by a few
Bridgewater scrimmages both today