BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the shots missed how many did they retain possession?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man. BS with 53 goals yeah. How many against UNC in 3 games that they played or teams that actually playD.
Should not even be in the same conversation as CN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the BS and CN comparison. BS had more Turnovers than goals Sunday. Comparison over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on man. BS with 53 goals yeah. How many against UNC in 3 games that they played or teams that actually playD.

That's a clown response. The answer is 4 goals. She scored 7 goals against Loyola. 5 goals against Syracuse. 3 against Duke. But maybe we should only count the 4 goals against UNC. So lets take all the goals CN gets against these teams as well as all the others she scores against teams "that don't play defense" away from her record 358. Has to be the worst response yet.

She isn't in the same conversation as a goal scorer. Very few are. But I rather have a player like BS than a look at me player like CN. Especially for my daughter to emulate. Take a look at CN's 4th goal in the Championship and tell me how she loves her teammates and all that junk. She as usual runs off by herself to get a shot of herself alone. Everyone of her goals is a run to an open spot to get the camera on her. Never noticed another goal scorer ever do that the amount of times CN did. Apuzzo scored a ton and always looked for her teammates.

And by the way. BS played terrible in the championship game. But the "GOAT" choked in the last 8 minutes of the game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

For the third time. It was 55 goals, not 53.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Funny that you can not defend your own argument or disprove the opinions or arguments made by others. Your reading comprehension could use some work as well as you seem to take quotes out of context and misrepresent what was posted. The only thing you seem to be able to do use terms like ridiculous, nonsensical, long winded etc...” signed the best coach in his own mind .

You literally just used a long winded response to say nothing . All of the final four teams have at times used a face guard this season , yet you know more than any of the best coaches in the game . “Employing a face guard displays lack of confidence in your defense or incompetence as a coach, “ what a bunch of drivel .

Why would a coach use a face guard?

Coaches feel if certain players get the ball in their stick they wouldn't be able to stop them. So they instead try to prevent them from getting the ball by using a face guard. Lack of confidence in their own defensive players.

I disagree a little with your assessment on having no confidence in your defense. A properly placed FG can cause the opposing offense to be less dynamic and if the other offensive players don't step up, they crash and burn. If you can stop a team from getting into top gear, it can make life easier. You see this with players getting doubled as well. If the player cannot get out of a FG, they need to do a little more work IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the 7 against Yale, VT or UMASS that North had shouldn't count because it wasn't UNC?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That's a clown response. The answer is 4 goals. She scored 7 goals against Loyola. 5 goals against Syracuse. 3 against Duke. But maybe we should only count the 4 goals against UNC. So lets take all the goals CN gets against these teams as well as all the others she scores against teams "that don't play defense" away from her record 358. Has to be the worst response yet.

She isn't in the same conversation as a goal scorer. Very few are. But I rather have a player like BS than a look at me player like CN. Especially for my daughter to emulate. Take a look at CN's 4th goal in the Championship and tell me how she loves her teammates and all that junk. She as usual runs off by herself to get a shot of herself alone. Everyone of her goals is a run to an open spot to get the camera on her. Never noticed another goal scorer ever do that the amount of times CN did. Apuzzo scored a ton and always looked for her teammates.

And by the way. BS played terrible in the championship game. But the "GOAT" choked in the last 8 minutes of the game.

Yes Belle Smith, not my daughter, had only 4 goals against UNC. So. Jenn Medjid had 5. Smith is a midfielder btw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward, your not serious
Just because she couldn’t play this season, doesn’t mean she won’t be the strong player she was her freshman year. She was a stand out freshman last season, no doubt! She will make an impact when she’s better!

Ward is one of the most talented players in her class. If you do not believe this then you haven't been watching. Unfortunately she has been very Injury prone throughout her playing career. There is no doubt she will make an impact upon her return .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Not_Belles_Mommy

Yes Belle Smith, not my daughter, had only 4 goals against UNC. So. Jenn Medjid had 5. Smith is a midfielder btw.

Nobody cares. They lost. It’s over. Enjoy the summer!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look CN is the great scorer. CN created so many scoring opportunities for players on BC that they otherwise wouldn’t have had as teams have to send doubles and triples to her side every time. BC I think will be hurt with her departure. But young kids want there chance. In the womens game it is virtually impossible to stop a player that goes that hard to cage , chargers but not called many times not called as that is 1 of 50 subjective calls in womens lacrosse. I still think the committee gives JO the Tew Award this year. She earned it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Not_Belles_Mommy

Nobody cares. They lost. It’s over. Enjoy the summer!

Apparently you do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look CN is the great scorer. CN created so many scoring opportunities for players on BC that they otherwise wouldn’t have had as teams have to send doubles and triples to her side every time. BC I think will be hurt with her departure. But young kids want there chance. In the womens game it is virtually impossible to stop a player that goes that hard to cage , chargers but not called many times not called as that is 1 of 50 subjective calls in womens lacrosse. I still think the committee gives JO the Tew Award this year. She earned it.

I would like to see JO get it!!! She is a complete team player. I actually think BC will be better off without CN next year. They have plenty of studs who can play together and get it done without depending on one to be the hero player. I think they will play better without her. It will look more like the team sport it is supposed to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to see JO get it!!! She is a complete team player. I actually think BC will be better off without CN next year. They have plenty of studs who can play together and get it done without depending on one to be the hero player. I think they will play better without her. It will look more like the team sport it is supposed to be.

I agree. Would love to see JO get it. Not a fan of UNC or BC but o do love how JO plays the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Would love to see JO get it. Not a fan of UNC or BC but o do love how JO plays the game.

JO was quiet through the playoffs UNC won because of transfers CN deserves it

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Wait, didn't CN transfer to BC? Hmmmm...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Courtney Taylor and Rachel Hall as well. =)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder how Duke would’ve been if they kept CN. While I don’t care for the transfers and the 5th year players, they all do it. Can’t single out UNC because they did it well. Where would’ve Duke been this year if the kept CN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Better off huh. So who/whom are going to make up the approx 80-90 goals that CN scores each year. So the top 3 scorers currently on team will score 30 more each next year.??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aldave, Dirks, Geiersbach > Hall, North, Taylor > MD transfers.

And NW would of had transfers if they could of gotten them. Any of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Funny that you can not defend your own argument or disprove the opinions or arguments made by others. Your reading comprehension could use some work as well as you seem to take quotes out of context and misrepresent what was posted. The only thing you seem to be able to do use terms like ridiculous, nonsensical, long winded etc...” signed the best coach in his own mind .

You literally just used a long winded response to say nothing . All of the final four teams have at times used a face guard this season , yet you know more than any of the best coaches in the game . “Employing a face guard displays lack of confidence in your defense or incompetence as a coach, “ what a bunch of drivel .

Coaches feel if certain players get the ball in their stick they wouldn't be able to stop them. So they instead try to prevent them from getting the ball by using a face guard. Lack of confidence in their own defensive players.

I disagree a little with your assessment on having no confidence in your defense. A properly placed FG can cause the opposing offense to be less dynamic and if the other offensive players don't step up, they crash and burn. If you can stop a team from getting into top gear, it can make life easier. You see this with players getting doubled as well. If the player cannot get out of a FG, they need to do a little more work IMO.

Good players do things off ball in order to help their teammates. Two of those things are: 1 - occupy your defender 2 - clear space for your teammate. The face guard can actually aid the offense with both. As seen this weekend face guards do not work very well against teams with multiple offensive threats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Rankings (RPI)

1 North Carolina
2 Boston College
3 Maryland
4 Northwestern
5 Florida
6 Syracuse
7 Stony Brook
8 Loyola
9 Rutgers
10 Denver
11 Princeton
12 James Madison
13 Duke
14 Virginia
15 Jacksonville
16 Johns Hopkins
17 UConn
18 Michigan
19 Massachusetts
20 Notre Dame
21 Southern California
22 Temple
23 Ohio St.
24 Yale
25 Penn St.
26 Vanderbilt
27 Stanford
28 Arizona St.
29 Navy
30 Saint Joseph's
31 Richmond
32 Vermont
33 Fairfield
34 Mercer
35 Army West Point
36 Virginia Tech
37 Drexel
38 Davidson
39 Towson
40 Georgetown
41 UAlbany
42 Louisville
43 Colorado
44 Liberty
45 Mount St. Mary's
46 High Point
47 Penn
48 Monmouth
49 Canisius
50 Pittsburgh
51 Siena
52 Hofstra
53 Harvard
54 Cornell
55 San Diego St.
56 Niagara
57 Lehigh
58 East Carolina
59 Brown
60 Manhattan
61 UMBC
62 Furman
63 Marquette
64 Bryant
65 Binghamton
66 Cincinnati
67 Delaware
68 Wagner
69 Villanova
70 Dartmouth
71 Central Mich.
72 UC Davis
73 Kennesaw St.
74 New Hampshire
75 Campbell
76 Duquesne
77 Elon
78 Iona
79 American
80 Quinnipiac
81 Robert Morris
82 Colgate
83 William & Mary
84 Coastal Carolina
85 Holy Cross
86 Bucknell
87 Gardner-Webb
88 VCU
89 Oregon
90 George Washington
91 Butler
92 UMass Lowell
93 California
94 La Salle
95 Stetson
96 Marist
97 Youngstown St.
98 Columbia
99 Boston U.
100 Sacred Heart
101 Old Dominion
102 George Mason
103 Lafayette
104 LIU
105 Wofford
106 Winthrop
107 Kent St.
108 Longwood
109 Merrimack
110 Saint Francis
111 Central Conn. St.
112 Radford
113 St. Bonaventure
114 Detroit Mercy
115 Presbyterian
116 Akron
117 Delaware St.
118 Howard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder how Duke would’ve been if they kept CN. While I don’t care for the transfers and the 5th year players, they all do it. Can’t single out UNC because they did it well. Where would’ve Duke been this year if the kept CN

Same as they are now….nowhere with horrible coaching!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Rankings (RPI)

1 North Carolina
2 Boston College
3 Maryland
4 Northwestern
5 Florida
6 Syracuse
7 Stony Brook
8 Loyola
9 Rutgers
10 Denver
11 Princeton
12 James Madison
13 Duke
14 Virginia
15 Jacksonville
16 Johns Hopkins
17 UConn
18 Michigan
19 Massachusetts
20 Notre Dame
21 Southern California
22 Temple
23 Ohio St.
24 Yale
25 Penn St.
26 Vanderbilt
27 Stanford
28 Arizona St.
29 Navy
30 Saint Joseph's
31 Richmond
32 Vermont
33 Fairfield
34 Mercer
35 Army West Point
36 Virginia Tech
37 Drexel
38 Davidson
39 Towson
40 Georgetown
41 UAlbany
42 Louisville
43 Colorado
44 Liberty
45 Mount St. Mary's
46 High Point
47 Penn
48 Monmouth
49 Canisius
50 Pittsburgh
51 Siena
52 Hofstra
53 Harvard
54 Cornell
55 San Diego St.
56 Niagara
57 Lehigh
58 East Carolina
59 Brown
60 Manhattan
61 UMBC
62 Furman
63 Marquette
64 Bryant
65 Binghamton
66 Cincinnati
67 Delaware
68 Wagner
69 Villanova
70 Dartmouth
71 Central Mich.
72 UC Davis
73 Kennesaw St.
74 New Hampshire
75 Campbell
76 Duquesne
77 Elon
78 Iona
79 American
80 Quinnipiac
81 Robert Morris
82 Colgate
83 William & Mary
84 Coastal Carolina
85 Holy Cross
86 Bucknell
87 Gardner-Webb
88 VCU
89 Oregon
90 George Washington
91 Butler
92 UMass Lowell
93 California
94 La Salle
95 Stetson
96 Marist
97 Youngstown St.
98 Columbia
99 Boston U.
100 Sacred Heart
101 Old Dominion
102 George Mason
103 Lafayette
104 LIU
105 Wofford
106 Winthrop
107 Kent St.
108 Longwood
109 Merrimack
110 Saint Francis
111 Central Conn. St.
112 Radford
113 St. Bonaventure
114 Detroit Mercy
115 Presbyterian
116 Akron
117 Delaware St.
118 Howard

Looks like RPI Top 20 - 25 mirrors the IL / Coaches Poll. RPI is a pretty good indication of how teams stack up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC Coach showed complete confidence in her players, BC Coach showed a lack of confidence, she obviously believes in face guarding vs dominant players because she does not think her team can stop them straight up. Nothing wrong with it, it's a tactic that some coaches use but if they have complete confidence they do not use it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"UNC Coach showed complete confidence in her players, BC Coach showed a lack of confidence, she obviously believes in face guarding vs dominant players because she does not think her team can stop them straight up. Nothing wrong with it, it's a tactic that some coaches use but if they have complete confidence they do not use i"

Just so uninformed. First off BC uses a faceguard more often than not even at times using a double faceguard. UNC also at times during the season uses a faceguard. Has nothing to do with confidence in their defense has to do with what they feel will disrupt the other teams offense the most. Some teams will send an early slide only to certain players which again has nothing to do confidence. Calling Walker ,Levy, etc incompetent in your earlier posts just shows how you value your own opinion way too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"UNC Coach showed complete confidence in her players, BC Coach showed a lack of confidence, she obviously believes in face guarding vs dominant players because she does not think her team can stop them straight up. Nothing wrong with it, it's a tactic that some coaches use but if they have complete confidence they do not use i"

Just so uninformed. First off BC uses a faceguard more often than not even at times using a double faceguard. UNC also at times during the season uses a faceguard. Has nothing to do with confidence in their defense has to do with what they feel will disrupt the other teams offense the most. Some teams will send an early slide only to certain players which again has nothing to do confidence. Calling Walker ,Levy, etc incompetent in your earlier posts just shows how you value your own opinion way too much.

I have not read a single post that called Levy or Walker incompetent. However, when they use the face guard it is likely because they are not confident that their normal defense is the best option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not read a single post that called Levy or Walker incompetent. However, when they use the face guard it is likely because they are not confident that their normal defense is the best option.

There are many options to disrupt an opposing offense and a FG is one tactic that can be used. Some players struggle when it's applied, or it throws off the overall team dynamics. If you have a competent team with 7 threats on the field, it gives the others a chance to step up. Let's not over-read into the tactics chosen, as I'm certain the coaches had good reasons to use it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many options to disrupt an opposing offense and a FG is one tactic that can be used. Some players struggle when it's applied, or it throws off the overall team dynamics. If you have a competent team with 7 threats on the field, it gives the others a chance to step up. Let's not over-read into the tactics chosen, as I'm certain the coaches had good reasons to use it.

Exactly. They had good reasons, not the least of which was they were not confident that their defense would be effective if certain players got the ball in their stick. I think the horse has been beaten.... ;-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can CN win the Tewaarten, although her team lost the championship It only happened once before, Appuzo also from BC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. They had good reasons, not the least of which was they were not confident that their defense would be effective if certain players got the ball in their stick. I think the horse has been beaten.... ;-)

Nah , you have no idea why they do what they do . The only thing that has been beaten is your sad posts .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can CN win the Tewaarten, although her team lost the championship It only happened once before, Appuzo also from BC.

Yes, not sure that she will but certainly could.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC Coach showed complete confidence in her players, BC Coach showed a lack of confidence, she obviously believes in face guarding vs dominant players because she does not think her team can stop them straight up. Nothing wrong with it, it's a tactic that some coaches use but if they have complete confidence they do not use it.

So if a team plays zone vs. man are they less confident as well? Face guarding is a legitimate style of defense and almost got them a national title. UNC was held to its 2nd lowest goal total on the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

2016 UNC beat Maryland and Taylor Cummings won it
2013 UNC beat Maryland and Katie Schwarzmann won it
2012 Northwestern beat Syracuse and Katie Schwarzmann (Maryland) won it without being in the final
2005 Northwestern beat UVA and Katie Chrest (Duke) won it without being in the final
2002 Princeton beat Georgetown and Erin Elbe won it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah , you have no idea why they do what they do . The only thing that has been beaten is your sad posts .

Yes, I'm sure that they were very confident that's why they went with the face guard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if a team plays zone vs. man are they less confident as well? Face guarding is a legitimate style of defense and almost got them a national title. UNC was held to its 2nd lowest goal total on the season.

If you are athletically over matched man to man can be tough. No one has said that the Face guard is not legitimate. What's been said is that it is not very effective vs well balanced teams with many strong offensive players. It has also been said that coaches use it when they are not confident that their straight up D will be able to stop a particular player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team that typically plays zone doesn’t feel that they have The players to match up overall In man to man defense. However a zone in womens lax is a good defense as most refs have NO clue on 3 seconds. A face guard is a good defense and tactic that works well especially if you feel a coach won’t change what they are doing. A good coach will destroy a FG and a zone. So many ways to attack and out to your advantage.

With that above said I don’t think a double shut like BC did Sunday V UNC is a good tactic Leaves a ton of space for people to go 1v1. BC did single shut off in MD and i thought that was more effective

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Recognizes 2022 Division I Players of the Year

Four student-athletes honored

The IWLCA has named four All-Americans from Division I as positional Players of the Year. The Division’s selection committee has also chosen one of the positional honorees as the Player of the Year.
DIVISION I

Division I Player of the Year

Charlotte North Boston College Graduate

Division I Positional Players of the Year

Attacker of the Year Charlotte North Boston College Graduate

Midfielder of the Year Ally Mastroianni University of North Carolina Graduate

Defender of the Year Emma Trenchard University of North Carolina Senior

Goalkeeper of the Year Emily Sterling University of Maryland, College Park Junior

Charlotte North earns her second consecutive Division I Player of the Year honor after leading the No. 3 Eagles to their fifth consecutive national championship appearance. The reigning Tewaaraton Award recipient finished her last collegiate season with a team-leading 92 goals, 115 points, and 139 draw controls. She ranks third in the nation in goals, and fifth in total points on the season. Upon conclusion of her collegiate career, North was selected as the top pick in the 2022 Athletes Unlimited Lacrosse College Draft. North is a two-time IWLCA First Team All-American and has now secured her second career IWLCA Attacker of the Year honor. North is also a two-time All-ACC First Team honoree and is now the all-time leading scorer in NCAA history. North also seeks a second consecutive Tawaarton Award as she is one of five finalists this season.

Ally Mastroianni earns the IWLCA Midfielder of the Year honor after setting career-high marks in goals (48), points (57), and draw controls (136) during her final season with this year’s national champions North Carolina. Guiding the Tar Heels to its third national title, Mastroianni's tournament performance landed her a spot on this year’s NCAA All-Tournament team. Mastroianni is the two-time reigning Atlantic Coast Conference Midfielder of the Year and a two-time IWLCA First Team All-American. She is now a two-time All-ACC honoree and a Tawaaraton Award Finalist. Upon conclusion of her collegiate career, Mastroianni was selected eighth overall in the 2022 Athletics Unlimited Lacrosse College Draft.

Emma Trenchard played an important role for the Tar Heel defense, leading the No. 1 team in the country to a National Championship with a perfect 22-0 record. This season, Trenchard claimed her second Atlantic Coast Conference Defender of the Year honor and is now a four-time First Team Inside Lacrosse All-American. Trenchard claimed her third All-ACC and IWLCA All-American First Team honor this season after recording 23 ground balls and 12 caused turnovers. She finishes her collegiate career with 104 ground balls and 61 caused turnovers. Upon conclusion of her collegiate career, Trenchard was selected as the third overall pick in the 2022 Athletics Unlimited Lacrosse College Draft.

Emily Sterling lands IWLCA Goalkeeper of the Year after finishing the season second in the nation in both save percentage (.531) and goals-against average (7.87). Sterling set the Big Ten record for the highest save percentage ever by a goalie with .626 and maintained over a 50-percent save percentage in 12 of 21 games this season. She also posted double-digit saves in seven games. Sterling’s accolades this season include Big Ten Goalkeeper of the Year, Tewaaraton nominee, First Team All-Big Ten, three-time National Player of the Week, and five Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week honors.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Names 2022 Division III Players of the Year

Four student-athletes honored

The IWLCA has named four All-Americans from Division III as positional Players of the Year. The Division’s selection committee has also chosen one of the positional honorees as the Player of the Year.

Division III Player of the Year

Jane Earley Middlebury College Junior Attack

Division III Positional Players of the Year

Attacker of the Year

Jane Earley Middlebury College Junior Attack

Defender of the Year

Mary Pat McKenna Franklin & Marshall College Junior Defense

Goalkeeper of the Year

Molly Laliberty Tufts University Senior Goalkeeper

Midfielder of the Year

Anna Clarke Tufts University Senior Midfield

Jane Earley earns the honor of Division III Player of the Year after closing out a stellar championship performance this season, guiding the Panthers to a 2022 NCAA Division III National Title and earning the tournament’s Most Outstanding Player award. Earley tied a career-high with six goals and added an assist to lead all players with seven points in the title game. She finished the season with a school-record 80 goals and set Middlebury’s new single-season scoring record with 99 points. She also finished with the second-highest point total for a tournament with 26. Prior to hitting the National stage, the junior was listed as an All-American for a second time in her career, while also garnering NESCAC Player of the Year honors. She is a NESCAC first team All-Conference and All-Region honoree and leads the league in goals and points. Earley’s offensive performance this season has also earned her IWLCA Attacker of the Year.

Anna Clarke earns the IWLCA Midfielder of the Year honor after registering a team-high 112 draw controls and posting 42 goals and nine assist for 51 points. Clarke went 17 for 30 (.567) at the free position and recorded 15 caused turnovers and 18 ground balls on the season. Clarke’s strength in the midfield played a major role in Tufts reaching its second consecutive appearance in the NCAA Division III Championship game, its third consecutive “Final Four.” Clarke is now a two-time IWLCA All-American First team honoree and NESCAC First Team All-Conference selection.

Mary Pat McKenna was a defensive powerhouse this season for the Diplomats, causing 29 turnovers and collecting 39 ground balls. Against nationally-ranked Haverford during the Centennial Conference semifinals, McKenna recorded her season-best in caused turnovers (four) and ground balls (four). The junior is now a two-time IWLCA All-American as well as a two-time first-team All-CC and All-Metro Region honoree.

Molly Laliberty was outstanding as Tufts last line of defense in goal. She has tallied 198 saves for a .545 save percentage for the season. In the post-season, including three NESCAC Tournament games and five NCAA Tournament games, she has stopped 80 of 144 shots for a .555 save percentage. Prior to her NCAA National Championship Semifinal and Title game appearances, Laliberty ranked seventh in the nation with a .545 save percentage and her 7.92 goals-against average was 14th in Division III. Laliberty is now a two-time NESCAC All-Conference and IWLCA All-American honoree. This is also her second career IWLCA Goalie of the Year award.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Players of the Week – May 31, 2022

The IWLCA has chosen four student-athletes for the IWLCA Player of the Week awards for the week ending May 29, 2022. This weekly award recognizes the best offensive and defensive performances by players in Division I and III during the postseason.

DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Sam Geiersbach – University of North Carolina

Geiersbach earned the NCAA Most Outstanding Player honor as the No. 1 Tar Heels defeated No. 3 Boston College for the NCAA Division I Championship. Geiersbach secured her spot on the NCAA All-Tournament Team after producing strong scoring performances in the semifinals and finals of the tournament. In the comeback win over No. 4 seed Northwestern, Geiersbach registered a game-high five goals and seven points to power UNC past Northwestern. She then posted a team-high three goals in the title match against BC. North Carolina claimed its third national title in program history and completed a perfect season, 22-0.

Defensive Player of the Week

Taylor Moreno – University of North Carolina

Moreno anchored the Tar Heel defense as she recorded the game-saving save with 28 seconds remaining in the comeback win over No. 4 seed Northwestern in the NCAA Division I Semifinals. She followed with 11 saves in the 12-11 NCAA title win over No. 3 Boston College. Moreno’s performance also earned her a spot on the NCAA All-Tournament Team. Moreno closed her career in goal with a 70-6 record and a .522 save percentage.

DIVISION III

Offensive Player of the Week

Jane Earley – Middlebury College

Earley showcased a stellar NCAA Tournament performance, ranking second in the tournament record books in goals scored (21) and points (26) over the five games. As the No. 2 Panthers claimed their program’s eighth National Championship, Earley tied a career-high mark with six goals (one assist) to lead all players with seven points in the 13-5 victory over No. 3 Tufts. Prior to her title game appearance, she registered a pair of goals and three assists in the semifinal’s matchup against No. 4 Gettysburg. Earley set Middlebury's single-season scoring record with 99 points and finished the season with a school-record 80 goals. The Panthers finished the season 22-1 overall.

Defensive Player of the Week

Erica Barr – Middlebury College

Barr was phenomenal in Saturday’s 18-5 NCAA DIII Semifinal victory over No. 4 Gettysburg. She tied the Panther’s single-game record with 12 draw controls, contributing to the team’s 20-6 advantage. In Sunday’s Championship win over No. 3 Tufts, Barr led all players with four groundballs, while winning four draw controls and causing a pair of turnovers. She finished the season second on Middlebury’s single-season list with 84 draw controls.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard