BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad yellow for Smith!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good attack (men & women) put their shots on goal and they shoot for net, they do not shoot at the goalies stick, they do not simply throw the ball at the goal. The reason selfish players have low SOG% and low shooting % is because they force shots that should not be taken in order to "get theirs". Selfish players do not care that their foolish shots go into the goalies stick and results in a fast break and a goal for the other team, they do not care about the outcome of the game, their team can lose by 10 goals but if they score a few goals they are happy.

So just to clear up is a player like Sam Apuzzo a selfish player? Cause I watched a ton of her question mark shots go right into the goalie's stick. Also saw a ton of them go into the goal.

No.

Career stats….

Shooting % .537 SOG % .776

You missed the Sam Apuzzo question mark hit the goalie stick point.[/quote]

Don't think they missed anything, there really was no point being made, the question was answered. The rest of the post was just foolish. For her career SA's SOG percentage was .776 and her shooting percentage was .537. Those numbers are right in line with all good attackers.[/quote]

I believe the Sam Apuzzo poster was responding to the “good attack shoot for the net, they don’t shoot at the goalies stick…”. I believe he is disagreeing by saying Apuzzo is a good attack and she shoots into the goalies stick often. He specifically referenced question mark shots. Saying she makes a lot but shoots into the stick often. But I could be off[/quote]

Nope. That's it! They aren't trying to hit the goalies stick, but it happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good attack (men & women) put their shots on goal and they shoot for net, they do not shoot at the goalies stick, they do not simply throw the ball at the goal. The reason selfish players have low SOG% and low shooting % is because they force shots that should not be taken in order to "get theirs". Selfish players do not care that their foolish shots go into the goalies stick and results in a fast break and a goal for the other team, they do not care about the outcome of the game, their team can lose by 10 goals but if they score a few goals they are happy.

So just to clear up is a player like Sam Apuzzo a selfish player? Cause I watched a ton of her question mark shots go right into the goalie's stick. Also saw a ton of them go into the goal.

No.

Career stats….

Shooting % .537 SOG % .776

You missed the Sam Apuzzo question mark hit the goalie stick point.[/quote]

Don't think they missed anything, there really was no point being made, the question was answered. The rest of the post was just foolish. For her career SA's SOG percentage was .776 and her shooting percentage was .537. Those numbers are right in line with all good attackers.[/quote]

I believe the Sam Apuzzo poster was responding to the “good attack shoot for the net, they don’t shoot at the goalies stick…”. I believe he is disagreeing by saying Apuzzo is a good attack and she shoots into the goalies stick often. He specifically referenced question mark shots. Saying she makes a lot but shoots into the stick often. But I could be off[/quote]

Apuzzo scored on close to 70% (.691) of her shots that were on goal so it does not appear that she shot into the goalies stick very often. She was not just a good attacker she was one of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Employing a face guard displays lack of confidence in your defense or incompetence as a coach, especially if your team traditionally plays a zone defense. When used against a strong player and a well coached offensive team the face guard will not be effective. Lacrosse is a team sport and good coaches utilize their entire team in all aspects of the game (one women teams do not win). When a face guard does work it usually because the player being face guarded is not a very strong player or the coaches of the player being guarded do not know what to do. This is not High School, the face guard is simply not effective vs a well coached balanced team or against a legit player.”

This long winded post did not age well. It’s got to be the same braggart who makes up his own stats about ball hog shooting percentages .

Where was it effective, all four teams scored pretty much as many goals as they averaged all season. All four of these teams traditionally play a man to man defense, the post states "especially if your team traditionally plays a zone defense". None of the teams were able to hold their opponent well below their season average, defense is not what got it done in these games.

Ridiculous, you called the most successful coaches in Women’s lacrosse incompetent and then come up with the weak I said “especially “ which does not exclude teams that play man .Your long winded posts are just brutal and calling the players that get face guarded not very strong players or saying the coaches don’t know what to do shows you think way too much of yourself

Funny that you can not defend your own argument or disprove the opinions or arguments made by others. Your reading comprehension could use some work as well as you seem to take quotes out of context and misrepresent what was posted. The only thing you seem to be able to do use terms like ridiculous, nonsensical, long winded etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Employing a face guard displays lack of confidence in your defense or incompetence as a coach, especially if your team traditionally plays a zone defense. When used against a strong player and a well coached offensive team the face guard will not be effective. Lacrosse is a team sport and good coaches utilize their entire team in all aspects of the game (one women teams do not win). When a face guard does work it usually because the player being face guarded is not a very strong player or the coaches of the player being guarded do not know what to do. This is not High School, the face guard is simply not effective vs a well coached balanced team or against a legit player.”

This long winded post did not age well. It’s got to be the same braggart who makes up his own stats about ball hog shooting percentages .

Where was it effective, all four teams scored pretty much as many goals as they averaged all season. All four of these teams traditionally play a man to man defense, the post states "especially if your team traditionally plays a zone defense". None of the teams were able to hold their opponent well below their season average, defense is not what got it done in these games.

Ridiculous, you called the most successful coaches in Women’s lacrosse incompetent and then come up with the weak I said “especially “ which does not exclude teams that play man .Your long winded posts are just brutal and calling the players that get face guarded not very strong players or saying the coaches don’t know what to do shows you think way too much of yourself

I guess you can argue whether the face guard is a good tactic but not sure how anyone can argue with the shooting stats. Tend to agree that a coach (any coach) who uses the face guard is not confident that her regular team D can stop a particular player.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three fantastic games this weekend. After watching blowout after blowout, the kids finally got treated to seeing a fantastic weekend of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Wonderful final. North Carolina just had a bit more depth. Congratulations to North Carolina.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN showed why she deserves the T today!
And today ET will show why she has deserved to be in the running the past few years shutting CN down . BC has little chance today . Difficult to be a fan of either team today , UNC winning only because of the transfer portal and 6th year players. While the extra mics in the semi game showed how much complaining the bc players do to the refs and it seems every time CN is involved in a draw it’s impossible for the refs to get it set up .

An incredible player. You also have to consider her teammates. Has played in front of an incredible all-american goalie and with incredible all-american middies/defenders. All that contributes to how successful an offensive player is against their defender.

Agree.

Great battle, I would give the edge to CN today, certainly your "shutdown" expectations were not close. Frankly, I think EN played CN tougher today in big spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Not_Belles_Mommy
Brilliant idea by the BS parents . Come on here trying to compare their little superstar to one of the best players if not the best in the game and you fools bought in . BS is not even the second best player on her team and opposing coaches are well aware .if you think BS is even close to the best players in the game at this point you have not been watching . I guarantee you that on opposing teams game planning she is not one of the top 2 concerns when playing BC , it’s stop CZn and JM then possibly her . Good move even trying to get her in the conversation but I am not buying it

Feels like some of the BC parents like to eat their own and this is the Garden City vs. Westhampton version with the Westhampton vs. Charlotte North version already ongoing. Never recall any of this when the big three at BC were Apuzzo, Kent and Arsenault.

Don’t know what’s going on here but BS is a Sophomore. She’s already a stud. I can only imagine how she is going to be her last two years. Makes everyone better as well. Is definitely a star.

Lots of stars, mom. You need to stop. No better than about 10-20 others at least. Be happy she’s playing and healthy. Not even close to being the best player, and it won’t get easier from here!

Hope you weren’t watching today when BS dominated. I know it hurts.

Now you really must be upset that she made 1st team All American. As a SOPHMORE!!!!!

Perhaps a bit of humble pie will serve you well, learn a bit of humility. Without a doubt, as a 1st team All-American, was the impact player that did not show-up for either game for BC this weekend. Today it was hard to watch such a talented player struggle in every aspect of the game. In a one goal game, you could easily say was unfortunately the difference. No doubt better days ahead, still a great player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and overall Team Defense were the difference. The face guard doesn't really work against when competing against deep talented offensive teams. UNC has too many weapons, I think 8 different players scored goals. Great game, two great teams with a lot of incredible players who all contributed. UNC went straight up man to man against the best player in the country and it worked out well, sure CN put up her goals but overall the UNC defense and goalie were outstanding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps a bit of humble pie will serve you well, learn a bit of humility. Without a doubt, as a 1st team All-American, was the impact player that did not show-up for either game for BC this weekend. Today it was hard to watch such a talented player struggle in every aspect of the game. In a one goal game, you could easily say was unfortunately the difference. No doubt better days ahead, still a great player.[/quote]

Agreed. The flagrant yellow didn’t hep either. Was a great game to watch! Coach needs to stop crying about woulda coulda tho

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Brilliant idea by the BS parents . Come on here trying to compare their little superstar to one of the best players if not the best in the game and you fools bought in . BS is not even the second best player on her team and opposing coaches are well aware .if you think BS is even close to the best players in the game at this point you have not been watching . I guarantee you that on opposing teams game planning she is not one of the top 2 concerns when playing BC , it’s stop CZn and JM then possibly her . Good move even trying to get her in the conversation but I am not buying it

Feels like some of the BC parents like to eat their own and this is the Garden City vs. Westhampton version with the Westhampton vs. Charlotte North version already ongoing. Never recall any of this when the big three at BC were Apuzzo, Kent and Arsenault.

Don’t know what’s going on here but BS is a Sophomore. She’s already a stud. I can only imagine how she is going to be her last two years. Makes everyone better as well. Is definitely a star.

Lots of stars, mom. You need to stop. No better than about 10-20 others at least. Be happy she’s playing and healthy. Not even close to being the best player, and it won’t get easier from here!

Now you really must be upset that she made 1st team All American. As a SOPHMORE!!!!!

Perhaps a bit of humble pie will serve you well, learn a bit of humility. Without a doubt, as a 1st team All-American, was the impact player that did not show-up for either game for BC this weekend. Today it was hard to watch such a talented player struggle in every aspect of the game. In a one goal game, you could easily say was unfortunately the difference. No doubt better days ahead, still a great player.[/

I don’t think that’s fair at all. She had one goal in three shots in A one goal game. JM who you reminded everyone is all world and much better than BS had only 2 goals on 8 shots. And CN had a ridiculous 10 shots with only 4 goals. Certainly any three of them could’ve affected the outcome differently if they had better shooting pct or CN wasn’t just 50% at the draw. As a matter of fact. CN had a clear look with 5 minutes left down one and shot it right into the goalies stick/head. It was a one goal game. Any of these breaks/turnovers/ could’ve made the difference.

The fact doesn’t change that she was there for another National Championship. Her second in two years. She’s gonna get a chance to have two more.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to Middlebury D3 champs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much longer do we have to endure the Ridiculous super seniors going into the portal to make superstar teams? It’s like the Red Sox and the Yankees buying their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Brilliant idea by the BS parents . Come on here trying to compare their little superstar to one of the best players if not the best in the game and you fools bought in . BS is not even the second best player on her team and opposing coaches are well aware .if you think BS is even close to the best players in the game at this point you have not been watching . I guarantee you that on opposing teams game planning she is not one of the top 2 concerns when playing BC , it’s stop CZn and JM then possibly her . Good move even trying to get her in the conversation but I am not buying it

Perhaps a bit of humble pie will serve you well, learn a bit of humility. Without a doubt, as a 1st team All-American, was the impact player that did not show-up for either game for BC this weekend. Today it was hard to watch such a talented player struggle in every aspect of the game. In a one goal game, you could easily say was unfortunately the difference. No doubt better days ahead, still a great player.[/

I don’t think that’s fair at all. She had one goal in three shots in A one goal game. JM who you reminded everyone is all world and much better than BS had only 2 goals on 8 shots. And the Queen had a ridiculous 10 shots with only 4 goals. Certainly any three of them could’ve affected the outcome differently if they had better shooting pct or CN wasn’t just 50% at the draw. As a matter of fact. The Queen had a clear look with 5 minutes left down one and shot it right into the goalies stick/head. It was a one goal game. Any of these breaks/turnovers/ could’ve made the difference.

The fact doesn’t change that she was there for another National Championship. Her second in two years. She’s gonna get a chance to have two more.

Sorry, but if you are quoting shooting stats than you do understand what made her a 1st team AA. Yellow card, turnover in transition, turnovers on offense, offensive pick for a foul, beat defensively for multiple goals, no assists and no passes that actually would have led to an assist and no ability to create own shot or draw doubles to open things up for teammates. The one goal was a gift on a rebound into her stick on top of the crease. Being great in all of those areas is what made her a 1st team AA. I have seen argument after argument on here about being the best player, the best team player, makes everyone on her team better. That simply did not happen this weekend and especially not today in any aspect of the game.

You still want to compare to CN today? At 4 of 10 shooting, that was better than everyone on BC today except 1 player and that was against a 4x AA and best defender in the country. BC actually won the draws taken today by 1, she had 0 turnovers, no yellow cards, drew a yellow card, I did not see any fouls in the offensive end to turn the ball over and actually found a teammate wide open on the doorstep that just was not able to finish it. On every measurable for what they do for BC as 1st team AAs, CN had a better day today and it was not even close. Go back to Friday and BC is not here without CN, that game was even less comparable for the two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Sam G still get the Teewaraton? Asking for a friend because she seems most worthy behind CN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and overall Team Defense were the difference. The face guard doesn't really work against when competing against deep talented offensive teams. UNC has too many weapons, I think 8 different players scored goals. Great game, two great teams with a lot of incredible players who all contributed. UNC went straight up man to man against the best player in the country and it worked out well, sure CN put up her goals but overall the UNC defense and goalie were outstanding.

I think this is spot on. BC had only 1 assisted goal today, that is not their typical offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN will get the Teewaraton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You still want to compare to CN today? At 4 of 10 shooting, that was better than everyone on BC today except 1 player and that was against a 4x AA and best defender in the country. BC actually won the draws taken today by 1, she had 0 turnovers, no yellow cards, drew a yellow card, I did not see any fouls in the offensive end to turn the ball over and actually found a teammate wide open on the doorstep that just was not able to finish it. On every measurable for what they do for BC as 1st team AAs, CN had a better day today and it was not even close. Go back to Friday and BC is not here without CN, that game was even less comparable for the two.[/quote]

This is exhausting with you CN acolytes. No one is comparing the two today. Yes of course she had a better game and weekend. And yes, BS didn't play well either games. Yes Charlotte North played better than her both games. But, and it's a big but, people here keep calling Charlotte North the GOAT. Nonsense. You don't shoot 40% in a final game as a GOAT. You don't have the game on your stick with 5 mins left andbasically shoot in the centre of the net almost hitting the goalie in her face. I don't remember the best in any sport choking in the final 8 mins of a game like CN did today. Sure she played better than BS. And also JM which also stunk today. They lost by 1. She had multiple chances to put her team on top those final 8 minutes. Too bad she didn't get a call on a charge or a shooting space. Everyone could've fawned over her snipe from the 8 meter with 5 minutes left to go up instead of her hitting the goalie in a stick that didn't move.
BS had a fantastic Sophomore year. Unfortunately you guys are gonna have to watch BS for another two years. 53 goals this year as a midfielder. Sounds like an All American to me.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You still want to compare to CN today? At 4 of 10 shooting, that was better than everyone on BC today except 1 player and that was against a 4x AA and best defender in the country. BC actually won the draws taken today by 1, she had 0 turnovers, no yellow cards, drew a yellow card, I did not see any fouls in the offensive end to turn the ball over and actually found a teammate wide open on the doorstep that just was not able to finish it. On every measurable for what they do for BC as 1st team AAs, CN had a better day today and it was not even close. Go back to Friday and BC is not here without CN, that game was even less comparable for the two.

This is exhausting with you CN acolytes. No one is comparing the two today. Yes of course she had a better game and weekend. And yes, BS didn't play well either games. Yes Charlotte North played better than her both games. But, and it's a big but, people here keep calling Charlotte North the GOAT. Nonsense. You don't shoot 40% in a final game as a GOAT. You don't have the game on your stick with 5 mins left andbasically shoot in the centre of the net almost hitting the goalie in her face. I don't remember the best in any sport choking in the final 8 mins of a game like CN did today. Sure she played better than BS. And also JM which also stunk today. They lost by 1. She had multiple chances to put her team on top those final 8 minutes. Too bad she didn't get a call on a charge or a shooting space. Everyone could've fawned over her snipe from the 8 meter with 5 minutes left to go up instead of her hitting the goalie in a stick that didn't move.
BS had a fantastic Sophomore year. Unfortunately you guys are gonna have to watch BS for another two years. 53 goals this year as a midfielder. Sounds like an All American to me.[/quote]

Thank you. But as not Belles mommy. She had 55, not 53.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS had a fantastic Sophomore year. Unfortunately you guys are gonna have to watch BS for another two years. 53 goals this year as a midfielder. Sounds like an All American to me.[/quote]

They have been compared all year on this forum. I am here for both players success, just that CN has been better. Better through her first two seasons and we will see where their careers land. Despite all of their success, BC does not win a national title last year and does not make it to the finals this year if CN stayed at Duke. It will be interesting to see how many of the BC seniors stay for their extra year, several really important players eligible. Transfer portal also looms large. BS will get a chance next year and particularly in two years to be the alpha offensive player. Does she have 53 goals if she was face guarded like CN, if she drew the top defender like CN did, if she drew immediate doubles like CN did? In most games, JM drew the second best defender ahead of her. All important details when you consider those 53 goals. To me her value comes as a complete two way middie and all that encompasses. That is what makes her great, not how many goals she scores. As for the goat discussion, difficult to compare players across eras and positions so I will consider the last ten years... personally would take Treanor/Apuzzo over North as attackers that also took the draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS had a fantastic Sophomore year. Unfortunately you guys are gonna have to watch BS for another two years. 53 goals this year as a midfielder. Sounds like an All American to me.

They have been compared all year on this forum. I am here for both players success, just that CN has been better. Better through her first two seasons and we will see where their careers land. Despite all of their success, BC does not win a national title last year and does not make it to the finals this year if CN stayed at Duke. It will be interesting to see how many of the BC seniors stay for their extra year, several really important players eligible. Transfer portal also looms large. BS will get a chance next year and particularly in two years to be the alpha offensive player. Does she have 53 goals if she was face guarded like CN, if she drew the top defender like CN did, if she drew immediate doubles like CN did? In most games, JM drew the second best defender ahead of her. All important details when you consider those 53 goals. To me her value comes as a complete two way middie and all that encompasses. That is what makes her great, not how many goals she scores. As for the goat discussion, difficult to compare players across eras and positions so I will consider the last ten years... personally would take Treanor/Apuzzo over North as attackers that also took the draw.[/quote]

Fair points. I go with Apuzzo. I never thought it was about goals. I like Smith because she is a complete player. She will be a star her last two years. BC is still gonna be stacked. Have a lot of young talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Funny that you can not defend your own argument or disprove the opinions or arguments made by others. Your reading comprehension could use some work as well as you seem to take quotes out of context and misrepresent what was posted. The only thing you seem to be able to do use terms like ridiculous, nonsensical, long winded etc...” signed the best coach in his own mind .

You literally just used a long winded response to say nothing . All of the final four teams have at times used a face guard this season , yet you know more than any of the best coaches in the game . “Employing a face guard displays lack of confidence in your defense or incompetence as a coach, “ what a bunch of drivel .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most exhausting thing on here is how BS is the next great anything . She is a good player who most times will help her team but the past several games had been a detriment to her team She is no Taylor Cummings . Great job by the parents on here with the hype . In general I like the way she plays and would rather my daughter emulate her than CN but I am thinking of having my girls play golf so they can continue to play like young women .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The transfer portal is going to be very interesting this off season. UNC doesn’t win without it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much longer do we have to endure the Ridiculous super seniors going into the portal to make superstar teams? It’s like the Red Sox and the Yankees buying their teams.
Look for the same teams in the final 4 next year. The extra year of Covid eligibility and the portal only benefit the really good players and the top 3-4 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Funny that you can not defend your own argument or disprove the opinions or arguments made by others. Your reading comprehension could use some work as well as you seem to take quotes out of context and misrepresent what was posted. The only thing you seem to be able to do use terms like ridiculous, nonsensical, long winded etc...” signed the best coach in his own mind .

You literally just used a long winded response to say nothing . All of the final four teams have at times used a face guard this season , yet you know more than any of the best coaches in the game . “Employing a face guard displays lack of confidence in your defense or incompetence as a coach, “ what a bunch of drivel .

Yes, when a coach chooses to go with the face guard it is likely because the coach doesn't believe that his/her regular defense is up for the task. If they had confidence in their regular team defense they would go with it. Not sure why that is hard for you to understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The transfer portal is going to be very interesting this off season. UNC doesn’t win without it.

UNC is losing alot next year so they'll take a step back..but i don't think Levy will go hard into the portal for next year. She needed extra juice to get over the hump this year and she did. I think She'll focus on getting her talented freshmen and sophomores who've been riding the bench all season more game time. And she has a really good recruiting class coming in. I see BC taking a step back aswell without North, Medjid, Mossman, Hall and Weeks. Belle Smith, Caitlyn Wurzburger, Emma Ward should blossom as the next crop of stars to carry their teams. I'm thinking they land 1 or 2 high tier transfers, thats it. IMO it's Maryland and Syracuse's year. but i don't love the goalie situation at Cuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would a coach use a face guard?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC is losing alot next year so they'll take a step back..but i don't think Levy will go hard into the portal for next year. She needed extra juice to get over the hump this year and she did. I think She'll focus on getting her talented freshmen and sophomores who've been riding the bench all season more game time. And she has a really good recruiting class coming in. I see BC taking a step back aswell without North, Medjid, Mossman, Hall and Weeks. Belle Smith, Caitlyn Wurzburger, Emma Ward should blossom as the next crop of stars to carry their teams. I'm thinking they land 1 or 2 high tier transfers, thats it. IMO it's Maryland and Syracuse's year. but i don't love the goalie situation at Cuse.

It all depends on who enters the portal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither would BC have won it last year …..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because last game ortega put up like 7 points against Hall who is not a great goalie and she wasn’t taking that chance this year . Ultimately the UNC def prevailed against north shooting 4/10 and a non existent smith .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches feel if certain players get the ball in their stick they wouldn't be able to stop them. So they instead try to prevent them from getting the ball by using a face guard. Lack of confidence in their own defensive players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So watching this game CN wasn’t face guarded but JO and CW are FG by BC? I guess ET did do a great job on CN 1v1. Still don’t get BC face guards. 13 and 27 used a lot of energy and couldn’t help with defense at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because last game ortega put up like 7 points against Hall who is not a great goalie and she wasn’t taking that chance this year . Ultimately the UNC def prevailed against north shooting 4/10 and a non existent smith .

Ortega put up 7 vs the BC Defense and Hall... Sorry but you can't lay it on the goalie, you can't even lay it on one defender, it's a team game and the defense including the middies have to work as a unit. The face guard can be effective against a team that relies on one or two players, it doesn't work well against a well balanced team. It can also be effective a critical times in the game i.e. short time left in the game or a quarter and you want to deny a player. Not effective verse good teams for the entire game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches feel if certain players get the ball in their stick they wouldn't be able to stop them. So they instead try to prevent them from getting the ball by using a face guard. Lack of confidence in their own defensive players.

According to some on here "that's a bunch of drivel", but I believe it's the drivel guy who also believes a low Shots on Goal percentage is a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward, your not serious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC will go right back to the same formula that won them the title this year. Go get established players from the portal your talented freshman and sophomores can develop in practice Levy is looking to win now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward, your not serious
Just because she couldn’t play this season, doesn’t mean she won’t be the strong player she was her freshman year. She was a stand out freshman last season, no doubt! She will make an impact when she’s better!

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard