BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 73 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA150 has A LOT of talent. It was extremely competitive this year and you see players from the strongest programs consistently represented. under Armour all American will most likely be most 23s and a few very talented 24s

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the UA underclass tryouts already happen for Ling Island ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the UA underclass tryouts already happen for Ling Island ?

No. June 13 and 14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting top 75 sophomores list.
Might want to check the starting lineup’s of the
Playoff games. You left a lot of starters out but
Plenty of kids who dont play are on the list.
Might also want to check last years all conference all
County honors or wait until this years are out. Just
A thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your Sophomore list is a joke. We deserve better from you guys. Do some homework and stop kissing up. Seriously. Some of these girls weren't even on varsity. You have girls on here who literally did nothing on Varsity this year. You guys should really dropped the ball on this one. It's obvious who you guys try to kiss up to.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your Sophomore list is a joke. We deserve better from you guys. Do some homework and stop kissing up. Seriously. Some of these girls weren't even on varsity. You have girls on here who literally did nothing on Varsity this year. You guys should really dropped the ball on this one. It's obvious who you guys try to kiss up to.

Sounds like sour grapes. Maybe better luck next time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A thought.

Don’t cry that your daughter is not on the list. Just because you’re on the field doesn’t mean you do much. Work harder…maybe next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously. At least take the time to look at who actually
Plays for the top teams. Check the starters for the
County semis. You’ll find you’ve got kids on the list
Who didn’t play a minute and kids who played the entire
Game are missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game are missing.

Clearly someone is hurt their kid isn’t represented. Have them work harder this year and next year maybe their name will be there! It’s just a list, don’t be so stressed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also let’s be honest coaches who have kids on their varsity team nominate their kid and their kids friends for county awards. All of it is political

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here’s the deal: the list has kids from the top programs- YJ, Legacy, Jesters, Top Guns, and Liberty. How some of the kids on those teams may not be on varsity or may not play due to the towns makeup. If you play for a town with a heavy senior and junior class, thst has really strong kids in those classes, your kid may end up not getting a varsity spot due to numbers and a heavy 22/23 class of kids recruited to top schools. If you play for a town team like Manhasset but made varsity you may not see field time because you have insane players who are upperclassman running the field and next year will be your year. There is a lot that goes into making varsity or getting town team playing time. If you play for a town like middle country or Plainedge that aren’t as strong, your 24 is likely getting more playing time. A player being a top player isn’t just defined by their stats in their Highschool season.

If you are unhappy about the list, make it a lesson for your kids to work harder to achieve more rather than using your excuses as a parent to make them feel like they should get a trophy too.

In terms of awards for towns a lot of this is favorites. Your towns coach puts you up for it, usually their kids, their kids friends, their club player usually and then they get a yes or no by other teams. It isn’t represtative of non political reasons either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A thought.

Don’t cry that your daughter is not on the list. Just because you’re on the field doesn’t mean you do much. Work harder…maybe next year?

Do yourself a favor and look at the list and see how many weren't even on varsity and some that had 1 or 2 goals for the year. Yes keep telling yourself your daughter deserved it. Total Joke this list is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Your Sophomore list is a joke. We deserve better from you guys. Do some homework and stop kissing up. Seriously. Some of these girls weren't even on varsity. You have girls on here who literally did nothing on Varsity this year. You guys should really dropped the ball on this one. It's obvious who you guys try to kiss up to.

Game are missing.

Clearly someone is hurt their kid isn’t represented. Have them work harder this year and next year maybe their name will be there! It’s just a list, don’t be so stressed

If you’re a starter on a team in the top conference
As a sophomore
I would think you should be on the list. That said
At least most of them will be getting all conference or
All county. That’s what matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game are missing.

No! I agree, The list is terrible. It’s so bad, who makes these?. They got about 50% right. The HMs are way better than some on the list by far! No, my daughter not HM but I know all the girls on that list.

As a sophomore

While I do not think the list is terrible, I will say there is a key name I didn’t see that was put in honorable mention. Top player on Manhasset and didn’t make the list. If you’re a Sophmore starting and contributing to a team like Manhasset, yes of course. It you’re a Sophmore who had a few goals for Calhoun, Long Beach, MC, Miller place, port Washington, mt Sinai, farmingdale etc you’re more middle of the barrel in my opinion.

The kids from schools like ward Melville, north port, Manhasset, Massapequa who are sophomores who truly contributed I agree belong. A great example of a town well represented o this list is ward Melville’s 24s. The top 24s on ward Melville made the list. The only key one I was shocked at was the Manhasset kid but it seems they recognized that and threw her on any way they could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game are missing.

No! I agree, The list is terrible. It’s so bad, who makes these?. They got about 50% right. The HMs are way better than some on the list by far! No, my daughter not HM but I know all the girls on that list.

As a sophomore

Actually, what matters is the college coaches lists.... the rest of the lists and accolades do not matter at all. College coaches will be watching all summer and they will let everybody know how the players stack up starting on September 1st. The top players will know where they stand long before September 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game are missing.

As a sophomore

Actually, what matters is the college coaches lists.... the rest of the lists and accolades do not matter at all. College coaches will be watching all summer and they will let everybody know how the players stack up starting on September 1st. The top players will know where they stand long before September 1.

I think that the lists more than anything show the top clubs on the island. A lot of YJ, Legacy, Jesters, Top guns consistently on these lists, making showcase teams, and being publicized. It speaks to the strength of the organization and its players even if a few get left off by mistake it definitely is showing where the power players are coming from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok chest pounding dads it's obvious club affiliation helped this list as usual. There are 7 offensive spots in the field that stats are kept for and can help justify to an extent on making a list like this. If you are a " Top Sophomore " you should be able to contribute to your varsity team regardless of what team you are on. It's obvious, if you take the time and check, a lot of these girls did little to nothing on varsity and some weren't even on varsity. Once again just having certain letters on your club jersey was enough to get BS accolades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same parents complaining about everything- lilj list and managed to get their kids added after it was already posted, AS, UA150, and the list goes on. If your kid doesn’t get picked, move on. It doesn’t warrant craziness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many sophs in Conference 1 in Nassau who are starters and valuable contributors (30+ points on the season) who are not on the “list”. I am positive there are many sophs in other conferences that are deserving as well. Maybe the lesson here is to help them ignore the “lists” and social media hype and become a better player and a better teammate. Every game. Moving forward…no one will remember these “lists”, teach them to control what they can control. So much going on right now….the last thing these kids need to worry about is if the make a Top Whatever “list”. Congratulations to the ones who are on it. Happy Memorial Day and thank you for all who serve and who have served.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post brother !!!! The exact point I think should be drilled home !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many sophs in Conference 1 in Nassau who are starters and valuable contributors (30+ points on the season) who are not on the “list”. I am positive there are many sophs in other conferences that are deserving as well. Maybe the lesson here is to help them ignore the “lists” and social media hype and become a better player and a better teammate. Every game. Moving forward…no one will remember these “lists”, teach them to control what they can control. So much going on right now….the last thing these kids need to worry about is if the make a Top Whatever “list”. Congratulations to the ones who are on it. Happy Memorial Day and thank you for all who serve and who have served.

^^^^^^^^ That! 👏👏👏👏

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While i don’t want to take away from those on the list. I promise you college coaches don’t rely on these lists at all. would you??
I mean honestly some of the girls missing on here makes it comical. LB middie not on her; top 15 middie in conf 1.
#15 and #26 on SS; both top producers in conf 1.
Again, lists are subjective but if you are going to make them; do your HW. Ask the coaches.
I am not saying you have to be in conf 1 to be listed but if you have 35 points in conf 1 than you prob have 60 in 2 and should be on here. As far as Suffolk; definitely a few girls that are missing that should be in top 50.
It is what it is. Keep working.
Good luck to all the 24’s this summer and let the snub motivate those not listed that feel they should.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the lists are great because it’s something to work towards and for the kids selected it definitely is a good ego boost going into the summer to play with confidence. Of course the focus should always be on being a good player, but being a part of these showcase teams and such is always an honor even if sometimes some slip through the cracks.

You can also say teach them not to get excited over them, but let’s be honest here any coach kid parent whose kid is chosen is going to be proud and celebrate that kid as they should!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While i don’t want to take away from those on the list. I promise you college coaches don’t rely on these lists at all. would you??
I mean honestly some of the girls missing on here makes it comical. LB middie not on her; top 15 middie in conf 1.
#15 and #26 on SS; both top producers in conf 1.
Again, lists are subjective but if you are going to make them; do your HW. Ask the coaches.
I am not saying you have to be in conf 1 to be listed but if you have 35 points in conf 1 than you prob have 60 in 2 and should be on here. As far as Suffolk; definitely a few girls that are missing that should be in top 50.
It is what it is. Keep working.
Good luck to all the 24’s this summer and let the snub motivate those not listed that feel they should.

Agree, if these list are going to be made they need to do a little more homework and Speak with coaches from club and HS teams.

They can start narrowing from there by knowing who the best club teams are and how school games/divisions/stats are going for the year. Definitely, a little more homework needs to be done to get a more accurate list. I say it’s about 50% accurate. With that said, I don’t feel any college coach takes the local list too seriously? They make their own list!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty obvious this list was made up almost entirely from club director input, and it's pretty hard for a club to promote B and C team players over A team players. That's most of the misses right there.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's pretty obvious this list was made up almost entirely from club director input, and it's pretty hard for a club to promote B and C team players over A team players. That's most of the misses right there.

If you are on a clubs B or C team, even if youre a good player they likely cant recommend you as top 75 if they have 20 other kids who are by default better than you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right ! Because you have access to college coaches LOL, You sound more ridiculous each time you post.

You have no clue what people have access to, keep living in la la lax land.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-The leading scorer (32g 23a) on the 4th seeded team in Suffolk Class C doesn't make the list
AND
-There are kids that had 1 or 2 goals or barely saw the field on the list

The list has ZERO credibility... ZERO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-The leading scorer (32g 23a) on the 4th seeded team in Suffolk Class C doesn't make the list
AND

Calm down weak conference dad! You should be way more worried about which college coaches list your daughter will be on at the end of the summer, not BOTC! May will be in for a very rude awakening!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She clearly deserved to make especially more so than the kid who did make it from that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AND

Agree! Don’t get caught up in this local list stuff. Not enough depth in the research in the making of it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - these girls deserve better. If your going to put a list out do some research. My daughter has been on these lists like these and also has been left off. I think most people just want it to be a fair evaluation of talent. We all know that this list has no weight with college coaches but I would be lying if I said that it doesn’t for the girls who are putting in the work and are at top programs (school and club) that are left off because of all the reasons people have listed in other posts.

AND

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling section xi class c “weak” shows how clueless you are. It’s laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all fairness, the amount of goals a player gets should not be the only reason a player is given an award. It feeds into the "ball hogging" mentality and not a team mentality.
There are many key players who do not score based on the position they play on the field but without them there would not be opportunities to score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD rosters for both UA and AS are posted. Interesting names on both rosters. Plenty of spots for girls to get in front of coaches despite the cost of AS. Good luck to them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - these girls deserve better. If your going to put a list out do some research. My daughter has been on these lists like these and also has been left off. I think most people just want it to be a fair evaluation of talent. We all know that this list has no weight with college coaches but I would be lying if I said that it doesn’t for the girls who are putting in the work and are at top programs (school and club) that are left off because of all the reasons people have listed in other posts.

AND

Well said !!!!! All we want is fairness and not butt kissing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AND

How is there any butt kissing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD rosters for both UA and AS are posted. Interesting names on both rosters. Plenty of spots for girls to get in front of coaches despite the cost of AS. Good luck to them all.

Yeah cause they won’t be in front of coaches in June and July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the group bickering over HIGH SCHOOL awards please take their grievances to the HIGH SCHOOL forum? Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AND

How is there any butt kissing?

There isn't...just trying to lick their wounds by blaming everyone else.

Page 65 of 73 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard