BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 219 of 313 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Gilman goalie deserves first team. Had to cover for the worst defensive in the league, all JV level talent. Plus one defender quits on the team and fakes a season ending injury in order to be healthy for summer league.
The goalie had to deal with all this BS and still was amazing !!

Totally agree with this - KM should be first team. Terrible, embarrassing D in front of him.

Gilman should petition to go to B conference where they MAY contend for a ship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman, like WAC and Hopkins, will never be good at lacrosse. WAC because why go there? Hopkins again why go there where crime is deplorable. Gilman like small private schools will only be competitive again once the administration, board and the athletic program is restructured with a plan like McD , BL and CHC.

Correct on all counts. Hopkins is on its way to D3 in the 5-10 year future. Admin doesnt care about lacrosse at all. Kids dont care about its history and Ivies have all the cache that Hop doesnt. It is being keep alive by a bunch of over 60 year olds still spouting how great they will be . .

I hope Hopkins doesn’t eliminate lacrosse, they are the only white kids left on campus.

What a disgusting thing to say. And untrue. Maybe your family should turn off Fox News and hit the wall and the books.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have not seen full list of all MIAA Player of year will be interesting I don’t think there was a clear cut winner. Probably goes to player in championship. CH didn’t have a true star and BL attackamn DP is not a complete player and that turnover he threw out of bounds was so very bad a POY candidate doesn’t do that’ and he has been a no show in big games St Mary’s or MCD player will win

BL attackman threw the ball away because of a great lower glove check by a MCD defenseman, it was not an unforced error. If there was a regular season MVP, DP would get my vote. For the post season, MVP, I would vote for the Millon brother duo. Between the freshman's timely and many playoff goals to his older brother's hard ride, CTO and goal in the championship, this could be like the Thompson two for.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have not seen full list of all MIAA Player of year will be interesting I don’t think there was a clear cut winner. Probably goes to player in championship. CH didn’t have a true star and BL attackamn DP is not a complete player and that turnover he threw out of bounds was so very bad a POY candidate doesn’t do that’ and he has been a no show in big games St Mary’s or MCD player will win

BL attackman threw the ball away because of a great lower glove check by a MCD defenseman, it was not an unforced error. If there was a regular season MVP, DP would get my vote. For the post season, MVP, I would vote for the Millon brother duo. Between the freshman's timely and many playoff goals to his older brother's hard ride, CTO and goal in the championship, this could be like the Thompson two for.....

Thanks Mark for the breakdown of your boys. Stay humble coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman, like WAC and Hopkins, will never be good at lacrosse. WAC because why go there? Hopkins again why go there where crime is deplorable. Gilman like small private schools will only be competitive again once the administration, board and the athletic program is restructured with a plan like McD , BL and CHC.

Correct on all counts. Hopkins is on its way to D3 in the 5-10 year future. Admin doesnt care about lacrosse at all. Kids dont care about its history and Ivies have all the cache that Hop doesnt. It is being keep alive by a bunch of over 60 year olds still spouting how great they will be . .

I hope Hopkins doesn’t eliminate lacrosse, they are the only white kids left on campus.

What a disgusting thing to say. And untrue. Maybe your family should turn off Fox News and hit the wall and the books.

Maybe you should get a sense of humor instead of being a typical Dunning Kruger candidate watching CNN/MSNBC/ABC , You would have thought with Hopkins striving for diversity, White, Black and Hispanics are all under representative at the undergraduate level with whites being the most under representative numbers. The Horror !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comparing the Million broskis to the Thompsons is wrong on so many levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kids only have 4 years of high school. Tell them to go where they can play. It's more fun to play.

Trust me.

This. X10

My son and his teammates were “recruited” by both large and small miaa programs. For perspective, they all started for a top 2-3 AAA club team in 8th grade.

His friends chose 2 larger programs. My son chose a smaller program.

His friends all started for their Fresh Soph Teams or rode pine for JV. My son started and contributed for his JV Team.

Having seen the level of play and coaching at both, I couldn’t be happier he missed the Fresh Soph mess and got to do JV and play against good competition.

The program’s V coach told my son at the end of the season he is projecting to be V as a sophomore with a chance to contribute. His friends will likely be shooting for JV again as sophomores.

I couldn’t be happier with the decision he made. And I must admit, I thought it was a dense one a year ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kids only have 4 years of high school. Tell them to go where they can play. It's more fun to play.

Trust me.

This. X10

My son and his teammates were “recruited” by both large and small miaa programs. For perspective, they all started for a top 2-3 AAA club team in 8th grade.

His friends all started for their Fresh Soph Teams or rode pine for JV. My son started and contributed for his JV Team.

Having seen the level of play and coaching at both, I couldn’t be happier he missed the Fresh Soph mess and got to do JV and play against good competition.

The program’s V coach told my son at the end of the season he is projecting to be V as a sophomore with a chance to contribute. His friends will likely be shooting for JV again as sophomores.

I couldn’t be happier with the decision he made. And I must admit, I thought it was a dense one a year ago.

Correct. Go to a school aligned with where your kids talent level will get him on the field. This is the correct thing to do in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list for miaa all conference team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me.

This. X10

Correct. Go to a school aligned with where your kids talent level will get him on the field. This is the correct thing to do in my opinion.

Great discussion. I hope 7th grade parents and younger are reading this post. Unfortunately many 8th graders will fall into the "Ride the Pine Swamp" @ LB, BL, McD, CHC, StP & StM. Education about the academics & athletics at a school is critical.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me.

This. X10

Great discussion. I hope 7th grade parents and younger are reading this post. Unfortunately many 8th graders will fall into the "Ride the Pine Swamp" @ LB, BL, McD, CHC, StP & StM. Education about the academics & athletics at a school is critical.

Agree - go to MSJ, JC or Gilman, have fun, get a great education and PLAY. If you are even decent you will play early and often at any of these schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman goalie deserves first team. Had to cover for the worst defensive in the league, all JV level talent. Plus one defender quits on the team and fakes a season ending injury in order to be healthy for summer league.

Agree, Gilman goalie was very good. However the defense was ALSO reflective of terrible coaching. The Coach switched from man to zone with little regard for the talent they were facing. BL’s top attackman scored 6-goals in the first ten minutes of play. The defense was told by the coach to, “play harder and better???” That kind of coaching advice is rec league hype NOT the quality assessment and tactical change required of good MIAA coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, Gilman goalie was very good. However the defense was ALSO reflective of terrible coaching. The Coach switched from man to zone with little regard for the talent they were facing. BL’s top attackman scored 6-goals in the first ten minutes of play. The defense was told by the coach to, “play harder and better???” That kind of coaching advice is rec league hype NOT the quality assessment and tactical change required of good MIAA coaching.

Gilman varsity would’ve lost to CH JV by a goal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me.

This. X10

Wait...should we pick the school for their athletics or the academics? what is the priority? is the goal to play professional lacrosse one day (is it that lucrative)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you play defense Gilman needs you,please anybody. Poor goalie. He never gave up despite being shelled most games , What’s the deal with the defenseman that is rumored to have faked a season ending injury after being abused by BL and Spaulding attackman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would have ever thought Gilman would be lumped in with JC and MSJ when grouping like skilled or talented teams. Pathetic! What happened to their proud athletic history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me.

This. X10

Wait...should we pick the school for their athletics or the academics? what is the priority? is the goal to play professional lacrosse one day (is it that lucrative)?

Neother. The goal is to play NOW, play MORE during your 4 years, develop, and get to a great university, that FITS your kid and his future lacrosse and education/career goals.

All of these schools offer good educations, superior advising, and can get you into ANY college/lax program.

Every school in the conference offers that. Just depends if you want to see field and play sooner or later.

The schools at the bottom of the league put players into highly selective programs/schools like Navy, West Point, UPenn and Notre Dame too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but winning championships is sort of cool too right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonough the only team that has players make the all miaa A conference team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, Even cooler if you do it at a school that’s never won. And not a guarantee at any school.

Congrats to the 8 Nike All Americans from the MIAA:

Att:
Dom Pietramala, BL, UNC
Truitt Sunderland, CH, UVA

Mid:
Travis Smith, John Carroll, UPenn
Mike Weishaar, Spalding, Towson

Def:
AJ Larkin, Loyola, UMD
Jonny Cool, McD, Ohio State

Goal:
Carson Stoller, BL, Rutgers
Kyle Morris, Gilman, UVA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should get a sense of humor instead of being a typical Dunning Kruger candidate watching CNN/MSNBC/ABC , You would have thought with Hopkins striving for diversity, White, Black and Hispanics are all under representative at the undergraduate level with whites being the most under representative numbers. The Horror !

Your post makes no sense. And I don’t watch CNN. I just think your initial comment is disgusting. Lacrosse or no lacrosse, Hopkins is a fine institution. You buying into replacement theory outs you as a racist and an stunad as well as someone who is threatened because of your own inadequacies. You do know lacrosse was not originated by white people, right? Probably not. I guess you think the first game ever was played by Biff from Monkton. Clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post makes no sense. And I don’t watch CNN. I just think your initial comment is disgusting. Lacrosse or no lacrosse, Hopkins is a fine institution. You buying into replacement theory outs you as a racist and an stunad as well as someone who is threatened because of your own inadequacies. You do know lacrosse was not originated by white people, right? Probably not. I guess you think the first game ever was played by Biff from Monkton. Clown.

Hilarious, The only reason my post makes no sense is due to the Dunning Kruger effect on you. I didn't make the first post which I thought was funny. Your response generalizing about viewers of Fox was informing. I can bet with certainty that you think you are a compassionate, tolerant , caring person , And I bet you are as long as that person agrees with you. LOL..

And stop bad mouthing Biff , the inventor of the internet and Lacrosse is a natural treasure here in Monkton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would have ever thought Gilman would be lumped in with JC and MSJ when grouping like skilled or talented teams. Pathetic! What happened to their proud athletic history.

The admin and many parents woke up. Sports at a prep school is not on the side of the righteousness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s no guarantee of winning anything anywhere.

Every kid would rather play more than less. It’s more fun to be on the field than being in charge of the bench press sideline celly.

If you wanna win a championship but not play, just save your time and sweat and be a team manager.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't feel sorry for Gilman. They have the largest endowment of any prep school in Baltimore. The School's administration and Board (like schools other B Conference Schools have) have made the conscious decision to turn away from the Reddy Finney sound body sound mind philosophy. No one should be surprised at lopsided A Conference scores. You will hear midguided alums and hopeful parents talk about rebuilding but let's face reality, Gilman should drop down to the B Conference in football (Loyola did it in football recently) and lacrosse to give their stakeholders a chance at a Conference championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, Even cooler if you do it at a school that’s never won. And not a guarantee at any school.

Att:
Dom Pietramala, BL, UNC

Mid:

Def:
AJ Larkin, Loyola, UMD

Goal:
Kyle Morris, Gilman, UVA

Wait, 7 of the 8 National AAs played for teams who didn’t win a championship? Why did they even bother playing for those lousy teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't feel sorry for Gilman. They have the largest endowment of any prep school in Baltimore. The School's administration and Board (like schools other B Conference Schools have) have made the conscious decision to turn away from the Reddy Finney sound body sound mind philosophy. No one should be surprised at lopsided A Conference scores. You will hear midguided alums and hopeful parents talk about rebuilding but let's face reality, Gilman should drop down to the B Conference in football (Loyola did it in football recently) and lacrosse to give their stakeholders a chance at a Conference championship.

Unfortunately, I totally agree with this…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is moving back to A for football in 2022 after beating the A Conference Champions last year. Loyola is at least somewhat competitive at the A level in all sports except for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send your kid to Gilman if you want a Beta male. The woke indoctrination is insane!!! People actually pay for this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s no guarantee of winning anything anywhere.

Every kid would rather play more than less. It’s more fun to be on the field than being in charge of the bench press sideline celly.

If you wanna win a championship but not play, just save your time and sweat and be a team manager.

^^ Love the woke mentality. How about, work hard, be a part of a team, and push yourself to be the best you can be around the best there is. The whole idea that you aspire to just play is an embarrassment to competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att:
Dom Pietramala, BL, UNC

Mid:

Def:
AJ Larkin, Loyola, UMD

Goal:
Kyle Morris, Gilman, UVA

Wait, 7 of the 8 National AAs played for teams who didn’t win a championship? Why did they even bother playing for those lousy teams?

No- Pietramala, Sunderland, and Stoller also won MIAA championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send your kid to Gilman if you want a Beta male. The woke indoctrination is insane!!! People actually pay for this!

Tell me you grew up in middle river without telling me. Don’t you have some QAnon forum to moderate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att:
Dom Pietramala, BL, UNC

Mid:

Def:
AJ Larkin, Loyola, UMD

Goal:
Kyle Morris, Gilman, UVA

No- Pietramala, Sunderland, and Stoller also won MIAA championships.
One of those kids hasn’t won squat since his freshman year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me you went to Friends without telling me. Do you have some snowflake forum to moderate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are actually advocating for going to terrible lacrosse schools.

This is everything wrong with everything lol. Losers on top of losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me you went to Friends without telling me. Do you have some snowflake forum to moderate?

Friends??? Come on, you know that’s an all girls school. Their administrators are the mirror image of Gilman’s when it comes to sports, Wokness and inclusion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only in Baltimore can you insult someone by saying they went to Gilman or Friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The admin and many parents woke up. Sports at a prep school is not on the side of the righteousness.

Gilman ‘s proud athletic history unfortunately lasts as long as a deep pocketed person and the type student he recruits is in favor with headmaster. Without this scenario playing out the school will never have long term consistency in major sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse talk is appreciated on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+Millon- This list could also very well be, tell me your dad isnt an buttheadhole with out telling me, at least at attack anyway......agree on the snowflake forum!

Like Reply Quote
Page 219 of 313 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard