Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 06:31 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 06:30 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 06:20 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 12:45 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,147
Posts340,911
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 128 of 145 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 144 145
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381741 05/27/22 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does the 2027 M&D team have any girls who are 14 already?

Simple question, wonder if it gets answered.

I watched a younger age championship Sunday where M&D had a draw girl easily a head above any other kid, they won all but one draw in that half.

How much does that contribute to their “championships”? How do they non holdback parents feel on that team seeing their kid get 2nd fiddle?

None she’s not a holdback. Stop trying to make up excuses cause your kid ain’t good enough.

You don't even know what M&D I am referring to, lol. Defensive much?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #381744 05/27/22 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will see holdbacks in the sense of repeating 8th grade and going private. Each M&D black team 26 and older has at least 1 holdback but usually it is a girl that was on red (or in the 26s case, hero's white) in the older age group. But it really isn't that wide spread compared to boys.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381747 05/27/22 10:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It s partially the parents and partially the academic institutions.

Many of the private elementary schools added a grade option between preschool and K to simply expand their “market base.”

It is sold as a way to allow your a child to mature academically, socially and athletically. And many parents see the benefits and do it.

But it’s mostly just a way to get parents who are willing, to pay tuition for one more year.

Many high schools that have middle schools recommend kids who transfer in from public schools during 8-9th grade to repeat their previous grade to get up to speed. The reality is it’s more so a way to ensure their consumer attends their school for 4-5 years, not just 3-4. Another year of a paying customer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381750 05/27/22 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched a younger age championship Sunday where M&D had a draw girl easily a head above any other kid, they won all but one draw in that half.

How much does that contribute to their “championships”? How do they non holdback parents feel on that team seeing their kid get 2nd fiddle?

None she’s not a holdback. Stop trying to make up excuses cause your kid ain’t good enough.

Do you mean because you are on the 27 thread?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381757 05/27/22 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"I watched a younger age championship Sunday where M&D had a draw girl " this part wasn't enough giveaway that I am not referring to the 2027 age specifically?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381759 05/27/22 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will see holdbacks in the sense of repeating 8th grade and going private. Each M&D black team 26 and older has at least 1 holdback but usually it is a girl that was on red (or in the 26s case, hero's white) in the older age group. But it really isn't that wide spread compared to boys.

Agree its not as bad a boys, but 2-3 holdbacks can drastically change a game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381763 05/27/22 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"I watched a younger age championship Sunday where M&D had a draw girl " this part wasn't enough giveaway that I am not referring to the 2027 age specifically?

Then go to that thread and ask the question.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381770 05/27/22 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens and we all know it. There are kids on all level teams that it happens with… not the reason certain teams are better. The top teams just prioritize lacrosse first. Could lacrosse do something to change it- yes. Will they- no. It’s all about recruiting kids in the same graduation class.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381792 05/27/22 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17 former Skywalkers playing this weekend in ncaa final four

17!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381834 05/27/22 11:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

17!

Their older teams are / were awesome

The younger ones....not so much

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381836 05/27/22 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happens and we all know it. There are kids on all level teams that it happens with… not the reason certain teams are better. The top teams just prioritize lacrosse first. Could lacrosse do something to change it- yes. Will they- no. It’s all about recruiting kids in the same graduation class.
Every Other sport figures it out, and it Absolutly makes a difference especially at the younger ages. Don’t think it doesn’t really matter or you are part of this problem of incentivizing cheating and stealing spots and coaching from appropriate aged kids.
I think it is hysterical that m&d wont(can’t) play in certain tournaments because it goes by us lax rules and not Chris Robinson’s rules
We all should be loud about this to Chris to change Ngll rules or the problem is just going to get worse

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381842 05/28/22 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every Other sport figures it out, and it Absolutly makes a difference especially at the younger ages. Don’t think it doesn’t really matter or you are part of this problem of incentivizing cheating and stealing spots and coaching from appropriate aged kids.
I think it is hysterical that m&d wont(can’t) play in certain tournaments because it goes by us lax rules and not Chris Robinson’s rules
We all should be loud about this to Chris to change Ngll rules or the problem is just going to get worse

1 tournament. US nationals which only has like 8 teams anyway. Every team has 1-2 kids that can’t play. Not a whole team. Maybe in a couple years you can ask your high school to have grade level teams so your daughter can get play time too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381849 05/28/22 09:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will this change since CR sold M&D to 3STEP? Will he have less involvement next season?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381850 05/28/22 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

17!

Their older teams are / were awesome

The younger ones....not so much

It’s actually pretty typical that SW teams don’t get elite until 8th/9th grade

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381858 05/28/22 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s hilarious that you’re acting like the issue with holdbacks is a direct result of the Robinsons when it’s pervasive in lax.. They are no where near the only team that potentially benefits from the age rules - get over it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 128 of 145 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 144 145
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard