Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 11:45 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 10:40 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 08:59 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 08:23 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 08:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,706
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 43 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 42 43
Re: MD Girls 2028
loyo29 #381571 05/26/22 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Tryout registrations are open for a few of the clubs now.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #381634 05/26/22 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Laxdad09
Predictions for this weekend?

I think M&D will beat Aces and get to the final. Hard to predict them bigger Eagle Stix, especially in a 50 minute game. ES is just too big, talented and physical.

Hope M&D can embrance being the underdog and pull the upset.

I don't think the Eagle Stix game would be close with M&D. M&D doesn't have the speed/athleticism to hang with Eagle Stix.

I think the gap is more about size than speed or athleticism plus the complexity of ES's offense.

If M&D can win at least 50% of draws, and slow the game down, they have a chance. If they get down a few goals early, it could get ugly quickly.

Given that they are likely to play twice in 24 hours, i think this would be M&D an better shot in the second game.

Though I don't think they will make the title game, I think Aces matches up better with Eagle Stix due to their physicality.

Since Eagle Stix gets to pull from a whole state, its too bad we couldn't do an "all-star" team from the NGLL A teams after the NGLL regular season and give them a shot at Eagle Stix
I don't think your premise is accurate. I spoke with a couple fathers of Eagle Stix players at last year's NGLL and they indicated that the girls all live within about a 15 mile radius. I would think that compares with other 2028 elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381644 05/26/22 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think M&D will beat Aces and get to the final. Hard to predict them bigger Eagle Stix, especially in a 50 minute game. ES is just too big, talented and physical.

I don't think the Eagle Stix game would be close with M&D. M&D doesn't have the speed/athleticism to hang with Eagle Stix.

I think the gap is more about size than speed or athleticism plus the complexity of ES's offense.

If M&D can win at least 50% of draws, and slow the game down, they have a chance. If they get down a few goals early, it could get ugly quickly.

Given that they are likely to play twice in 24 hours, i think this would be M&D an better shot in the second game.

Though I don't think they will make the title game, I think Aces matches up better with Eagle Stix due to their physicality.

Since Eagle Stix gets to pull from a whole state, its too bad we couldn't do an "all-star" team from the NGLL A teams after the NGLL regular season and give them a shot at Eagle Stix
I don't think your premise is accurate. I spoke with a couple fathers of Eagle Stix players at last year's NGLL and they indicated that the girls all live within about a 15 mile radius. I would think that compares with other 2028 elite teams.

Almost all kids are north Atlanta suburbs. They have a massive youth program which starts as early as MD.

Biggest advantage ES has is these kids have already been playing together for 6 years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381682 05/26/22 10:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about how big of an area Eaglestix has to draw from? It doesn’t matter. Play the games and whoever wins wins. What’s the big deal? You, me or anyone could make our own team of 2028s. Everyone making excuses for either winning or losing before it even happens is so foolish. Maybe M&D and Eaglestix will both lose this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #381692 05/27/22 06:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please share a link to info on this weekend's games? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
loyo29 #381772 05/27/22 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney Machine.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #381885 05/28/22 09:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for M&D today against Aces. They competed well, were probably the deeper team, but Aces was better in cage and converted its opportunities better.

Tomorrow's ES game should be interesting. ES rolled Aces and Madskillz today and looked pretty much unstoppable. For those who haven't seen them live, Yes the hype is real -- I truly believe they would be a top 15 team in the 27 bracket. #67 on their team is the best 28 I seen. M&D's low defenders will need to have the game of their lives to keep M&D close.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381913 05/29/22 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for M&D today against Aces. They competed well, were probably the deeper team, but Aces was better in cage and converted its opportunities better.

Tomorrow's ES game should be interesting. ES rolled Aces and Madskillz today and looked pretty much unstoppable. For those who haven't seen them live, Yes the hype is real -- I truly believe they would be a top 15 team in the 27 bracket. #67 on their team is the best 28 I seen. M&D's low defenders will need to have the game of their lives to keep M&D close.

Are these games live streamed? Would like to watch ES and M&D at 10AM this morning.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381919 05/29/22 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are these games live streamed? Would like to watch ES and M&D at 10AM this morning.

FYI - link to championship game livestreams is here -> https://cruitcast.com/user/web/stream/ngll-championship-2022

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #381981 05/29/22 06:39 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
Eagle stix 28 won NGLL

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
loyo29 #381986 05/29/22 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Eaglestix. Not a very exciting brand of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Laxdad09 #381993 05/29/22 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw all the scores from the NGLL games this weekend. Based on most of the conversation on here this past week, I was surprised to see how even Aces, M&D and Eaglestix all were. All certainly look to be the best team to represent each of their regions going forward. Great job by all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382009 05/29/22 10:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish my team played as unexciting as the Eagle Stix team. Personally I find winning exciting.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382012 05/29/22 10:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fell asleep 3 times while watching them play!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382037 05/30/22 07:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish my team played as unexciting as the Eagle Stix team. Personally I find winning exciting.

Try teaching the girls to move and create inside of score first and hold the ball. Just not gonna help them learn to play at the college level. The old 4 corners offense !!

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 43 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard