BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 110 of 251 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL current divisions pretty evenly spread. You never know every single team but good job on the surface

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who's the best 2028 team west of the Mississippi? Mad Dog, Kings, WCS, or Texas Nationals? Haven't seen any of these teams play and I don't trust USCL[/quote

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who's the best 2028 team west of the Mississippi? Mad Dog, Kings, WCS, or Texas Nationals? Haven't seen any of these teams play and I don't trust USCL
WCS the best of the west. Granted they pull from like 20+ states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's the best 2028 team west of the Mississippi? Mad Dog, Kings, WCS, or Texas Nationals? Haven't seen any of these teams play and I don't trust USCL

Check back after summer tournaments and I’ll let you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who's the best 2028 team west of the Mississippi? Mad Dog, Kings, WCS, or Texas Nationals? Haven't seen any of these teams play and I don't trust USCL[/quote

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

This is fairly accurate for the 2028 age group. 3d Colorado is also solid and ADVNC is also good but could have some overlap with Starz. Texas Nationals could easily be the best of the bunch with size and athleticism. Lots of talent out west but spread out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

This is fairly accurate for the 2028 age group. 3d Colorado is also solid and ADVNC is also good but could have some overlap with Starz. Texas Nationals could easily be the best of the bunch with size and athleticism. Lots of talent out west but spread out.

Crabs will be in the top 3 around 8th grade . Right now, they are slowly building. Crabs always have a big push starting 7/8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

Crabs will be in the top 3 around 8th grade . Right now, they are slowly building. Crabs always have a big push starting 7/8

That’s because the 28 crabs will become the 29 team. The 27 crabs should do great at 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

Unless the Crabs are moving out West, we aren’t talking about them. But since you brought them up— they have some great athletes. And when they drop Al the 27’s down, they’ll be tough. But as it is now, they’re not a top tier team. They’ve never beaten Madlax, they lost by 10 to NL. Fluke win over the Hawks. Call in the 2027’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

That’s because the 28 crabs will become the 29 team. The 27 crabs should do great at 2028.
Do any Crab parents know of any kids that are holding back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Texas Nationals are legit. I was shocked to see the talent level out west. There are big, strong, athletic kids that love the game all over the USA. I know us locals think we’re “Blue Blood” lacrosse, but things have changed in the past 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Texas Nationals are legit. I was shocked to see the talent level out west. There are big, strong, athletic kids that love the game all over the USA. I know us locals think we’re “Blue Blood” lacrosse, but things have changed in the past 10 years.

Some things have, and some haven't. With 28 million people in TX, one would hope that they can field 1 (or more) truly elite team per grade level. Maryland has 6 million residents, and 3-4 teams who could reasonably challenge TX Nationals, MDW and WCS.

Many teams out west play without shot clocks too, even at the HS level.

It's a mistake to think there's no growth in talent west of the I-95 corridor,

but it's also a mistake to think that the western 80% of the country is (on the whole) putting a talented product on the field at the average HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some things have, and some haven't. With 28 million people in TX, one would hope that they can field 1 (or more) truly elite team per grade level. Maryland has 6 million residents, and 3-4 teams who could reasonably challenge TX Nationals, MDW and WCS.

Many teams out west play without shot clocks too, even at the HS level.

It's a mistake to think there's no growth in talent west of the I-95 corridor,

but it's also a mistake to think that the western 80% of the country is (on the whole) putting a talented product on the field at the average HS.
This is true. The best CA team (Mater Dei) came East over Spring Break and played Spaulding and Mount St Joes. Mid level Spaulding beat them like 9-1, and bottom feeder MSJ beat them 10-9. Point is, west coast lacrosse isn’t even close… but when they build a dream team from 20 states like WCS does, they can compete with town teams from back East.
It’s a different level back East vs out West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Texas is way behind CA at this point. When they pull from 20+ states (WVS) they are competitive, but nowhere dominant against East Coast clubs that typically populate from one town, maybe 2-3 towns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

Unless the Crabs are moving out West, we aren’t talking about them. But since you brought them up— they have some great athletes. And when they drop Al the 27’s down, they’ll be tough. But as it is now, they’re not a top tier team. They’ve never beaten Madlax, they lost by 10 to NL. Fluke win over the Hawks. Call in the 2027’s.

Not a fluke win, the team went out ready to play, yes my kid plays for crabs, and I’m the first to say when things have been tricky for them, Ut at the hawks game the goalie had 11 saves- played up until the buzzer, defense protected the cage- knew their job, and attack was on point. Next level was an all around rough game for them, it was the first hoco game they played. No excuses- lots of penalties happened, missed opportunities and shots on goal, majority of the game played at the defense side of the field-overall tough learning experience but each week they got stronger and better. They earned that win from the hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bored MD Dad where art thou

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. WCS
2. Texas Nationals
3. Kings
4. Mad Dog West Elite

Not a fluke win, the team went out ready to play, yes my kid plays for crabs, and I’m the first to say when things have been tricky for them, Ut at the hawks game the goalie had 11 saves- played up until the buzzer, defense protected the cage- knew their job, and attack was on point. Next level was an all around rough game for them, it was the first hoco game they played. No excuses- lots of penalties happened, missed opportunities and shots on goal, majority of the game played at the defense side of the field-overall tough learning experience but each week they got stronger and better. They earned that win from the hawks.

Crabs are legit and beat Hawks fair and square with a great team effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Is that the only win you’ve had against a team with in winning record in HoCo in recent years? Serious question?

Summer tournaments are here and everyone will see if it was a fluke or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Is that the only win you’ve had against a team with in winning record in HoCo in recent years? Serious question?

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Truth.

Pipe down Madlax dad. If Crabs aren't that good than your only quality win was a squeaker vs. FCA. Madlax couldn't win HoCo so now they bring in ringers for summer. Do Madlax cheerleaders have to pay summer fees to watch kids from TX play in tournaments? Serious question?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Truth.

Pipe down Madlax dad. If Crabs aren't that good than your only quality win was a squeaker vs. FCA. Madlax couldn't win HoCo so now they bring in ringers for summer. Do Madlax cheerleaders have to pay summer fees to watch kids from TX play in tournaments? Serious question?

I am not the poster re Crabs, I actually think they’re an up and comer in 2028. Like their athleticism. But the jab towards Madlax and something about TX kids is totally unfounded. There’s one kid that plays with the team during the summer, he’s not from TX. Who cares. Only 17 kids on the team, I think the parents are just fine with one summer guest. Sounding like a disgruntled parent who recently left due to kid’s lack of PT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Truth.

I am not the poster re Crabs, I actually think they’re an up and comer in 2028. Like their athleticism. But the jab towards Madlax and something about TX kids is totally unfounded. There’s one kid that plays with the team during the summer, he’s not from TX. Who cares. Only 17 kids on the team, I think the parents are just fine with one summer guest. Sounding like a disgruntled parent who recently left due to kid’s lack of PT

Madlax has no out of DMV players on their normal team. They bring in kids on their national team which only plays in one tourney this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Truth.

Madlax has no out of DMV players on their normal team. They bring in kids on their national team which only plays in one tourney this summer.

Richmond is technically "DMV" which makes this statement true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simmer down crabs dads.

Truth.

Madlax has one kid coming in to play on their national team. Not exactly flying in the talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No joke, does anyone know Bored Dad personally? Is he okay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No joke, does anyone know Bored Dad personally? Is he okay?

I sure hope so! If anyone knows him, thank him for his service on this silly page.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by DMVLAX
NL parent, where are you playing this summer?
Vail Hershey summer exposure their might be one more
Vail is a blast. Grass fields, but great nocturnal activities for parentals

NL 2028 Blue is playing Platinum Cup, Vail, Summer Invitational (Maryland) & Hogan Hershey

Great lineup for 2028 NAL (on Tourney Machine):

Hawks
Madlax
Mad Dog West
Kings LC
Express North
LI Express
Legacy Lumberjacks
BBL
Crabs

91 Venom, the supposedly #1 team according to US Club Lacrosse, just got rolled by a team from TX up at NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by DMVLAX
NL parent, where are you playing this summer?
Vail Hershey summer exposure their might be one more
Vail is a blast. Grass fields, but great nocturnal activities for parentals

NL 2028 Blue is playing Platinum Cup, Vail, Summer Invitational (Maryland) & Hogan Hershey

Great lineup for 2028 NAL (on Tourney Machine):

Hawks
Madlax
Mad Dog West
Kings LC
Express North
LI Express
Legacy Lumberjacks
BBL
Crabs

91 Venom, the supposedly #1 team according to US Club Lacrosse, just got rolled by a team from TX up at NLF.

6-3 is hardly a rolling. It’s lacrosse. The game is growing. Three goals could be the result of one kid missing for all sorts of reasons in COVID times. Relax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6-3 is hardly a rolling. It’s lacrosse. The game is growing. Three goals could be the result of one kid missing for all sorts of reasons in COVID times. Relax

Yes, and with all respect to both of those teams, I would take the USCL rankings with a big grain of salt.

We're talking about rankings based on an algorithm developed by a lightly-trafficked website covering maybe the 9th most popular youth sport -- it's not like there are teams of NASA scientists pouring over this stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom waxed HoCo's BLC 13-2. So shut uup!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and with all respect to both of those teams, I would take the USCL rankings with a big grain of salt.

We're talking about rankings based on an algorithm developed by a lightly-trafficked website covering maybe the 9th most popular youth sport -- it's not like there are teams of NASA scientists pouring over this stuff.

It's not an algorithm. It is a marketing hammerhead. The clubs that run the so-called US Club Rankings are Madlax, 91, and a few others. They pay for the web site. Their teams get highly ranked. Then they use their own rankings to try to attract more customers and get more teams to play in their tournaments. It is a savvy business move. But if you think the 'rankings' are accurate or merit-based then you are a fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haaaaa! Congratulations. You beat a team that went 1-15 in the HoCo League the last 2 years. Congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! Is that the BLC that went 1-6 at HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC plays 99 times tougher competition than 91 LI. Go back to hiding and playing B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC plays 99 times tougher competition than 91 LI. Go back to hiding and playing B teams.

91 is playing in 7 summer tourneys including both NLFs, NAL, and Naptown. They lost in the finals in overtime. Maybe we should wait and see how the rest of the games play out. Can’t say they are the best but it looks like they don’t stink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is playing in 7 summer tourneys including both NLFs, NAL, and Naptown. They lost in the finals in overtime. Maybe we should wait and see how the rest of the games play out. Can’t say they are the best but it looks like they don’t stink

They clearly do not stink. Not sure anyone said they stink. Someone simply called into question the #1 ranking, which someone else correctly pointed out as full of flaws… but really, prior to this weekend, 91 Venom had only played like 7-8 games going back to when this dense ranking came out (arkund September 1st), and none against a top 20 team. LI Express is not a top 20 team. Nor is Be The Best (whoever they are), Rush, Rebels, or Igloo. I think that’s the rub here. They haven’t beaten anyone yet. But I’m sure they will.

Plenty more data points coming the next 6 weeks— gonna be fun to see the good teams from NY, DMV, and yes, Texas and CA battling it out at NAL, Naptown, PrimeTime, NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not an algorithm. It is a marketing hammerhead. The clubs that run the so-called US Club Rankings are Madlax, 91, and a few others. They pay for the web site. Their teams get highly ranked. Then they use their own rankings to try to attract more customers and get more teams to play in their tournaments. It is a savvy business move. But if you think the 'rankings' are accurate or merit-based then you are a fool.

Well let's be real. The rankings are total BS and really mean a whole lot of nothing. Those teams you are claiming run the US club rankings are actually legit clubs each year. So marketing strategy or not, they attract because they turn out great players. Nobody who knows this sport actually thinks the rankings mean anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling the USCL rankings flaws is being too generous. They are rigged and Clearly biased towards certain teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry. The Texas Nationals are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Predators in their first game at Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry. The Texas Nationals are going to run into the buzz saw that is the Predators in their first game at Naptown.
The Preds!!! Talk of Baltimore!!! Where is that guy that was pounding his chest this time last year? Might have to burn 5 minutes if my life to go back and find one of those boasts on this board. Priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are going to find out who the best teams are next weekend. I’m sure 91 will do well and I think most games are going to be incredibly competitive. Who knows, maybe nobody walks out undefeated. In my opinion, that would be great. Lots of lacrosse to play…

Like Reply Quote
Page 110 of 251 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard