BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 69 1 2 67 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Channy does a great job with the boys on each team. They all like playing for him. Everyone has improved a lot over the course of the last year. At the end of the day, most people parents still want their sons on the Express, no matter what team.

BS They take kids who where told they made the A team then drop them to B before at the last minute because a better kid walks in right before the season, the 2021 B team is an epic disaster and you have very good players on the a team that cant sniff the field while others on the field start to finish. Everywhere I go I hear horror stories about this organization and they are defiantly on my list of teams Not to try out for

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black destroyed the breakers 12-1 in the fall, beat True Blue and have beaten the Outlaws top team many times. they have also beaten the Dukes several times. Games at the Crabfest were reduced to 8 minute running time which is not indicative of much. Taams get up by one goal and then run out the clock. Terps are willing to play any one any time . Just call Channy and set it up. Dont put it on the Terps players that their coach has too many kids on the team.

When did they play/beat the Outlaws?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy does a great job with the boys on each team. They all like playing for him. Everyone has improved a lot over the course of the last year. At the end of the day, most people parents still want their sons on the Express, no matter what team.

BS They take kids who where told they made the A team then drop them to B before at the last minute because a better kid walks in right before the season, the 2021 B team is an epic disaster and you have very good players on the a team that cant sniff the field while others on the field start to finish. Everywhere I go I hear horror stories about this organization and they are defiantly on my list of teams Not to try out for

Wrong - kids don't just show up right before the season - they are invited sometime between tryouts and the season. But they are usually better than the kids already there. Get used to it - happens all the time in high school and college - coaches at every level are always on the recruiting hunt for a kid better than yours - the new shiney toy is always better than the old one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - kids don't just show up right before the season - they are invited sometime between tryouts and the season. But they are usually better than the kids already there. Get used to it - happens all the time in high school and college - coaches at every level are always on the recruiting hunt for a kid better than yours - the new shiney toy is always better than the old one.
Some organizations stick to their word. When a kid is told he made the A team then he is on the A team till next years tryouts. They dont suddenly drop him a few weeks before the season after telling him 5 months before he was their guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has Chanenchuk as a coach and loves him. Express was the best decision for my son. He has had great training and has made great friends along the way which is such a bonus. There has never been a kid that has just showed up at the start of a season. There has been times that he has pulled a kid up from the B team that is very talented when we are short players and could use his help. This particular player is always more than welcome. I know that I am on a 2017 thread, but just happened to see "Channy" mentioned and was curious. My son is on his 2018 team so this is the experience I am coming from.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with that post about the shiny toy. It happens all the time and kids need to get used to it now. That is reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has Chanenchuk as a coach and loves him. Express was the best decision for my son. He has had great training and has made great friends along the way which is such a bonus. There has never been a kid that has just showed up at the start of a season. There has been times that he has pulled a kid up from the B team that is very talented when we are short players and could use his help. This particular player is always more than welcome. I know that I am on a 2017 thread, but just happened to see "Channy" mentioned and was curious. My son is on his 2018 team so this is the experience I am coming from.

doesn't that team carry 28 players? how could they be short players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with that post about the shiny toy. It happens all the time and kids need to get used to it now. That is reality.

It doesn't happen all of the time! You have all become desensitized to right & wrong. Most teams choose their players in September & stick with them (good or bad) through the summer season. In HS/College ball, are there kids that are told they are playing "said position" but, get beat out by other players, absolutely...that's a totally different situation! No need to get used to it, go somewhere you are respected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black destroyed the breakers 12-1 in the fall, beat True Blue and have beaten the Outlaws top team many times. they have also beaten the Dukes several times. Games at the Crabfest were reduced to 8 minute running time which is not indicative of much. Taams get up by one goal and then run out the clock. Terps are willing to play any one any time . Just call Channy and set it up. Dont put it on the Terps players that their coach has too many kids on the team.

The Terps Black will be playing the outlaws this weekend! Good luck Outlaws.......

When did they play/beat the Outlaws?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am an Express kid on the 2016 team ,I wish all you parents would quit ripping on the 2017 Express kids. Sometimes these guys play up and we really like it when they play on our team. They are unselfish and very athletic.

Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor on the street is Team 91 is raiding the Terps Black program. One kid has already left. I heard in return Terps Black is raiding fl$.

Been around for along time and I am a black parent. I will say that there is a world of difference between the two teams (91 and terps black) with regard to conduct both on the field and on the sidelines.. 91 behavior may be acceptable to those involved with their team ( and that's good because who would entrust their child to someone they don't support) but certainly not to me or my son. Suppose it's a matter of preference . Every single kid on black, both "a " or "b " players were coached with respect and integrity and opportunity. Not bashing 91 but just saying it's not for all. Good luck to those making the switch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think all the Terp black kids, will always be better then the Terp kids? We will chat in 2 years, let's see if your man enough to tell the true.

yes....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree to that!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2017 had a great performance at Lake Placid, went 4-1 playing tough older teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Terps gave a strong performance in the Lake Placid tournament. Rumor has it that several of their top kids are being recruited to other clubs though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they lose to?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They beat several strong 2016 teams from upstate new [lacrosse] . They lost 7-6 in the semis to a 2016 team from Maryland that was called Academy Mortgage that had several kids from the Crabs and well know schools as well as some 2015's on their team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Terps gave a strong performance in the Lake Placid tournament. Rumor has it that several of their top kids are being recruited to other clubs though.

TOP kids? I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. Stop trying to instigate and scare people. Express still has best coaches, players and parents. And the IMPACT players will be staying, thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TOP kids? I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. Stop trying to instigate and scare people. Express still has best coaches, players and parents. And the IMPACT players will be staying, thank you.

Ha!! You sure about that? A bit strange the you are speaking for all these players as if you REALLY are the mom or dad for all these "IMPACT" kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know the IMPACT players are staying? If I was a parent of those kids I would certainly be listening to the other offers. Every Club knows who these players are and they are all making their pitches. This past year was not a healthy situation with far too many kids on the team. Channy is a good game coach but he needs strong players to work with to compete at the A /AA level. So lets see how it plays out over the next months. If Channy keeps the core of the team in place, their future is bright. If not they are just another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it believable that a few turtles are already committed but the college coaches want to keep it hush for fear of more media backlash that the system is broken?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is amusing. Where were the "best" coaches during the chaos that ensued this year? The parents? If this board is any indication of what the parents are like, IDK if I would say the "best parents". There are some VERY good players on LI & they are not all on Express anymore. Sorry & Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hardly think the Turtle kids are committed. Quite a few of them went to the Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Rising Freshman event. None of them were among the standouts listed in Inside Lacrosse. They have a great system and the kids play well in the structure. There are some very good players for sure but none that I have seen would qualify as elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As all teams end they're summer season the tryouts for teams are fast approcahing. As a dad who doesn't know the travel lacrosse scene well, what teams should I have my son tryout for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is amusing. Where were the "best" coaches during the chaos that ensued this year? The parents? If this board is any indication of what the parents are like, IDK if I would say the "best parents". There are some VERY good players on LI & they are not all on Express anymore. Sorry & Thank you

And the bashing continues. Why do you people claim "the best " this, "the best " that.... What's important is that it's the right choice for your son. That's it. My son was on the team and if parents got upset, that was there choice. Although I don't agree with adding on extra marginal players, it was what it was and we made the best of it. Bottom line is he became a better player BECAUSE of his coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How many of The Terps Black are looking at other teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a spring league like OBYL or Merchant marine for teams in this age group or are the kids only playing for their high school teams? Tks

Like Reply Quote
Page 69 of 69 1 2 67 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard