Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 600 of 629 1 2 598 599 600 601 602 628 629
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #381389 05/25/22 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
made a lot of enemies of families on Looneys, 91, Madlax, DCE etc

Seriously? It's 8th grade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #381393 05/25/22 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many of you angry post 9/1 parents have ever, just once, spoken to your club directors, coaches, officials at HoCo or tournament operators and asked to change the system ? Ever?

How many of you holdback parents feel for the kids you cheat out of playtime, scholarships, spots on a team and recruitment?

First let me start by saying my kid is on age and I completely understand both sides of this argument but we all have to understand this is not going away. The holdback mentality is being propagated by HS and College coaches; I have been approached on several occasions to do something similar with my son. Our answer was simply no; I don't believe in it, but I also understand why some parent make the decision to hold their son/daughter back. It gives them an edge with the hopes of getting into college with a little financial help. It is what it is ans they are playing the 'game', so lets move on and encourage our kids to keep working hard. In the end they will be better for it both on and off the field.

I will never drop cheating on age kids. My son is a starting summer bday in elite. He is 13. This is wrong for the kids that don’t have his ability.

Which elite team???

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381399 05/25/22 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which elite team???

FCA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381404 05/25/22 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, seriously. News flash - parents of elite 8th grade lacrosse teams take the success of their son and his team EXTREMELY seriously and personally. it is actually kind of funny that you would come on this forum and pretend to be surprised by that.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381408 05/25/22 03:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, seriously. News flash - parents of elite 8th grade lacrosse teams take the success of their son and his team EXTREMELY seriously and personally. it is actually kind of funny that you would come on this forum and pretend to be surprised by that.

I feel for you in the HIgh School years. You might want to start seeking therapy now for the freight train that's coming for you.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #381409 05/25/22 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people play for Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381412 05/25/22 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Logan Wisnauskus, Matt Brandau, and Ben Smith.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381418 05/25/22 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is ridiculous to be surprised by it, but it's OK to be amused by the elite-ness of the parents whose sons hit puberty first, and though 5'6" now, will be 5'6" forever, as the "non elite" kids with similar skills per pound, keep moving up in the world.

BTW, the first case is me. I played HS JV in 8th grade at 5'7". Bussed me up from the middle school for practices and games!!!!! There was so much talk and potential. This happened for other athletes in other sports as well.

By 11th grade I was 5'8" and cut from varsity. 1st line kid was 6'1" and 2nd line kid in my spot was 5'11" and the HS football QB. My work ethic (without coaches or parents over my shoulder) was garbage, I was burned out, and the kids I had been beating for years, got bigger than me and "almost as skilled" so that was the end of that.

So guess what, for about 1/3 of the 8th grade "elite kids", that freight train is coming for you as well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381421 05/25/22 04:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Logan Wisnauskus, Matt Brandau, and Ben Smith.

That is a question not an answer. Many clubs have produced notable players....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381427 05/25/22 04:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is ridiculous to be surprised by it, but it's OK to be amused by the elite-ness of the parents whose sons hit puberty first, and though 5'6" now, will be 5'6" forever, as the "non elite" kids with similar skills per pound, keep moving up in the world.

BTW, the first case is me. I played HS JV in 8th grade at 5'7". Bussed me up from the middle school for practices and games!!!!! There was so much talk and potential. This happened for other athletes in other sports as well.

By 11th grade I was 5'8" and cut from varsity. 1st line kid was 6'1" and 2nd line kid in my spot was 5'11" and the HS football QB. My work ethic (without coaches or parents over my shoulder) was garbage, I was burned out, and the kids I had been beating for years, got bigger than me and "almost as skilled" so that was the end of that.

So guess what, for about 1/3 of the 8th grade "elite kids", that freight train is coming for you as well.

This IS the most important post crazy Lax parents should take note of. Even if you make it to high school hero, you can still be a college zero. Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381428 05/25/22 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel for you in the HIgh School years. You might want to start seeking therapy now for the freight train that's coming for you.

Thanks for your fake concern, but trust me my son and I will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381436 05/25/22 05:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard work beats puberty lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381443 05/25/22 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard work beats puberty lol

Love this story. Puts things into perspective. Playing lacrosse shouldn’t be taken for granted. Most of the kids on elite teams will not realize their dream of playing D1 in college - need to be skilled, big, and smart.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381444 05/25/22 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381449 05/25/22 08:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is an on age 2026 player, congratulations to him and to you for having him play up against older kids in the 2026 division. It’s great that he’s able to play up and compete. He will be better off in high school. So can we stop the never ending holdback discussions and just tell yourself and your son that he’s playing up one age level and be proud of it? Yes, my son is on age 14 year old 8th grader. No, not a crabs parent.

Congratulate on age players for playing up even though it’s where they should be. That is everything that’s wrong with the sport of lacrosse wrapped up in one sentence.

- your reply is actually what’s wrong. It is what it is. Either hold your kid back or change how you think about it. Otherwise, you’re just complaining to complain. Yes, I understand it’s not “fair” but it’s the way the rules work, so accept it or do something about it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 600 of 629 1 2 598 599 600 601 602 628 629
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard