BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 117 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would agree question marks on the Highlight team selection. Were tryout numbers low again this year? It seems like a lot of the better players are not on the list. Maybe they did not tryout?

The numbers for both teams were lower this year from all accounts. Some notable players not on the teams. Is there really any value being on one of these teams? Honest question.

None ! Go play and have a good time. Most great players on these teams will be done being evaluated for the most part. Coaches might jump in on a player but only because they didn’t see them much in summer but those girls would have offers anyway.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree question marks on the Highlight team selection. Were tryout numbers low again this year? It seems like a lot of the better players are not on the list. Maybe they did not tryout?

The numbers for both teams were lower this year from all accounts. Some notable players not on the teams. Is there really any value being on one of these teams? Honest question.

None ! Go play and have a good time. Most great players on these teams will be done being evaluated for the most part. Coaches might jump in on a player but only because they didn’t see them much in summer but those girls would have offers anyway.

Original poster was talking about the mostly 23s Highlight division whom are already committed. So when your asking about value it’s not about being seen by coaches it’s about playing/fun with other great players. Also the reason 23s don’t go AS cause the price makes it not worth it UA is free after tryouts. Same could be said for tournaments like IL Committed Academy. Value is playing/fun with all D1 players many whom they’ve played against since 4th grade. About playing the sport they love at a top level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, M&D middie parent- modest much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has never been modest……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Original poster was talking about the mostly 23s Highlight division whom are already committed. So when your asking about value it’s not about being seen by coaches it’s about playing/fun with other great players. Also the reason 23s don’t go AS cause the price makes it not worth it UA is free after tryouts. Same could be said for tournaments like IL Committed Academy. Value is playing/fun with all D1 players many whom they’ve played against since 4th grade. About playing the sport they love at a top level.

Is that why it asks if there is value being on ONE of these teams? 24 only class getting recruited here and most will be done and have their list ready , just checking it for the 10th time at these events.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original poster was talking about the mostly 23s Highlight division whom are already committed. So when your asking about value it’s not about being seen by coaches it’s about playing/fun with other great players. Also the reason 23s don’t go AS cause the price makes it not worth it UA is free after tryouts. Same could be said for tournaments like IL Committed Academy. Value is playing/fun with all D1 players many whom they’ve played against since 4th grade. About playing the sport they love at a top level.[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying about having fun. These events can not be mistaken for good lax though. They are very good players, but very little d is played, re defending is optional most games and one iso after another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That looks like a very chalky prediction.
1A: Liberty
2A: Glenelg would love to see them play the IAAM champ after states
3A : Marriotts Ridge - experience+ smart use of superstar player could be enough
4A: Broadneck: easier division then 1A this year

Division ranks total
2A>3A>1A>4A

Except for 2A not a bad prediction. Obviously Century would of been my second choice in 2A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with what you are saying about having fun. These events can not be mistaken for good lax though. They are very good players, but very little d is played, re defending is optional most games and one iso after another.[/quote]
What do you recommend the best defense agaisnt the olde ISO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with what you are saying about having fun. These events can not be mistaken for good lax though. They are very good players, but very little d is played, re defending is optional most games and one iso after another.
What do you recommend the best defense agaisnt the olde ISO?[/quote]

Backer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with what you are saying about having fun. These events can not be mistaken for good lax though. They are very good players, but very little d is played, re defending is optional most games and one iso after another.[/quote]
What do you recommend the best defense agaisnt the olde ISO?[/quote]

Backer.[/quote]

Heros should know this with the backer guru AP involved with the 24 team now !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Backer.[/quote]

Huge fan of the backer your wife's team used back in the day. Unfortunately she never really grasped the concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, they were good predictions...Liberty was not really challenged in 1A playoffs, Glenelg vs. Century game was for state championship. Was a little surprised about MR beating SP. I think SP underperformed a bit yesterday. Assuming Broadneck rolls tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Backer.

Huge fan of the backer your wife's team used back in the day. Unfortunately she never really grasped the concept.[/quote]

My wife never played lacrosse but nice guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
& that response was needed why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just the same kids padding their athletic resumes over and over again....The kids who come out for everything just annoy me and I'm not the only one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just the same kids padding their athletic resumes over and over again....The kids who come out for everything just annoy me and I'm not the only one.

Why not just worry about your own kid? Maybe those other kids enjoy the challenges and playing with different teammates and maybe just maybe, you annoy others with your complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not just worry about your own kid? Maybe those other kids enjoy the challenges and playing with different teammates and maybe just maybe, you annoy others with your complaining.

Yeah, not sure I quite understand the complaint. Theoretically speaking (I know politics are involved and girls could have a bad tryout...) the best girls are chosen for the teams so assuming these same girls keep putting in the work, they would still be the best girls. Of course that's not always going to be the case, but I understand why the same girls make the teams. And these girls want to be in front of college coaches. Isn't that the end game for many/most of these girls? To get recruited to play in college (also assuming AS will have coaches watching...)? Not sure why the girls wouldn't want to continue to try and get the exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe she is right about the same kids thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or her kid can try out again next year if she improves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes no sense. Are you saying that if a kid has made UA or AS in the past they shouldn't tryout anymore? What do you mean by tryout for "everything". There's really only UA and AS and you can only play on one or the other. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Of course the same kids are going to tryout for UA and AS every year. They are trying to be seen by coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is one of the densest comments I’ve ever read on BOTC. What do you want, once you make a all star team your not aloud to tryout the next year. Sounds like you like participation trophies and no kid left behind..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Mercy is moving to A, so all these parents trying to keep them down so sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Mercy is moving to A, so all these parents trying to keep them down so sorry.

0-13

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.... ready to take the big dogs down in A.... my prediction, STM and Spalding will be the first two schools to lose to Mercy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could only beat the worst team in A last year and Gerstell is in B. Gonna be a long year for No Mercy !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.... ready to take the big dogs down in A.... my prediction, STM and Spalding will be the first two schools to lose to Mercy.

Ok, Mercy Mom... please remember your prediction when this time next year you will be saying why were we put in A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You asked for it Mercy, and no mercy will be given. Again, I watched the IAAM B championship, both teams play in slow motion and would get beat by the top six IAAM JV teams. Shame on the IAAM. Now we have to play another bad team on the schedule, instead of adding an out of conference good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. I wish them success but I think it could be a tough year for them. Good to see new teams moving up though… I’m curious if there’s a pipeline from one of the clubs to Mercy? Thinking TLC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not official and not happening. Someone is trying to get everyone in a Mercy conversation. Do not get upset. The IAAM will add teams to the B conference and possibly combine B/C conferences. Mercy is not moving up. Their best player graduated and would not have made the top four A teams varsity as a junior, and would have certainly sat the bench as a senior. The IAAM is smarter than this. Mercy is not moving up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will not be 15 teams in the A conference folks. Someone just created a rumor. Teams will move down to B and join Mercy. When that happens, Mercy’s rule will be over in the B conference, and they will be hit with a sense of reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not official and not happening. Someone is trying to get everyone in a Mercy conversation. Do not get upset. The IAAM will add teams to the B conference and possibly combine B/C conferences. Mercy is not moving up. Their best player graduated and would not have made the top four A teams varsity as a junior, and would have certainly sat the bench as a senior. The IAAM is smarter than this. Mercy is not moving up.
You were fine with the first five sentences. Why did you have to go personally dumping on this player? Not necessary..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. I wish them success but I think it could be a tough year for them. Good to see new teams moving up though… I’m curious if there’s a pipeline from one of the clubs to Mercy? Thinking TLC?

That powerhouse TLC! Someone planted this Mercy story to get people talking. Mercy is staying in B. I did hear that there is chatter about moving at least three A teams down to B. Mercy is not moving up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That powerhouse TLC! Someone planted this Mercy story to get people talking. Mercy is staying in B. I did hear that there is chatter about moving at least three A teams down to B. Mercy is not moving up

As they should!!! Gerstell, MDS and flip a coin between RPCS or JC. heck, just move all 4 non playoff teams down and in the future #10 moves to B and B Champion moves to A the following year. Some incentive to win B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You were fine with the first five sentences. Why did you have to go personally dumping on this player? Not necessary..

Because it’s true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way. Have you seen the differences in B and A play? Not even close. Can’t automatically move the the B champion up to A. Watch the B championship and then give us your assessment. I watched it. Not even close. Catching and throwing is an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy has moved up, so get over yourself. They will see you in A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy has moved up, so get over yourself. They will see you in A.

and promptly lose EVERY game by wide margins.

Like Reply Quote
Page 80 of 117 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard