BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 79 1 2 3 4 5 6 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are a number of reasons players will move. We spend a lot of money to join these clubs. What if: 1: they don't see much playing time 2: aren't developing under current coaches 3: is an "A" type player playing in the B league 4: chose current team due to geographic location and will now travel further to play on a competitive team . I'm sure there are many other reasons.

We plan to have our DD try out for several of the top teams this mainly due to Reasons 2 and 3. I'd add for # 2, it's not only just coaches per say but overall development within the club etc but they go hand in hand. 2 and 3 I think are the top reasons why you will see a lot of movement to the top teams.

I'd be curious to see about # 1. Do players on the "A" teams of the top teams who aren't playing much stay with the club and move to their B teams or do they go to other A clubs that aren't as competitive etc? CClax will be in A next year with their win and I could see a few of the current A teams dropping back down to the B division, i.e. Limelight, Stars and maybe even Skywalkers.

Its rare for a team to move backwards in divisions. remember typically there are 10-12 A teams in 6th grade, 14-16 in 7th grade and 18-20 in 8th grade.

For girls on A+ teams, you will see some girls tryout for A teams where they can play more or play in a preferred position. You will see stars on A teams try out for A+ teams and B players tryout for A and A+ teams.

Also, remember some girls will want to switch team for reasons beyond lacrosse. Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up.

Biggest X factor around this age is how many girls drop travel lax all together due to committments to other sports (typically soccer).

Remember though that between the top 4 teams, there are usually only around 15-20 spots which open up.

For reference last year at the 27 level for the top 3 programs)

M&D added 3 new girls (but cut 6 or 7 due to having an inflated roster due to having a Red team collapse at last second)
Heros added 5 girls (including 1 from White team and 1 from out of state)
BLC added 3 new girls.

Though their roster is not as big as M&D 27s was last year, M&D 28 also has a bigger than usual roster this year. So seems like you might see more movement on this team than is typical (and possibly the addition of a red team).

From what I hear, yes, the 28s will have 2 teams for next season so lots of movement potentially.

History tells us that M&D Red is where a lot of top B players will end up.

They have tried to have a Red team every year but never had enough girls come to their tryouts for some reason. Maybe this year will be different.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL

WEEK 2:

What is the top level of lacrosse my daughter will likely achieve? [Quits, Club for fun, D2/3, D1, D1 impact player, Tewaaraton Nominee, Other]

Love this. However a little early still to tell and answer that. Give it 1 or 2 more years to see how it plays out, as it gets more competitive. Then you will see what direction your daughter is heading. 12 years old should still be having some fun with it!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Predictions for this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

There are a number of reasons players will move. We spend a lot of money to join these clubs. What if: 1: they don't see much playing time 2: aren't developing under current coaches 3: is an "A" type player playing in the B league 4: chose current team due to geographic location and will now travel further to play on a competitive team . I'm sure there are many other reasons.[/quote

We plan to have our DD try out for several of the top teams this mainly due to Reasons 2 and 3. I'd add for # 2, it's not only just coaches per say but overall development within the club etc but they go hand in hand. 2 and 3 I think are the top reasons why you will see a lot of movement to the top teams.

I'd be curious to see about # 1. Do players on the "A" teams of the top teams who aren't playing much stay with the club and move to their B teams or do they go to other A clubs that aren't as competitive etc? CClax will be in A next year with their win and I could see a few of the current A teams dropping back down to the B division, i.e. Limelight, Stars and maybe even Skywalkers.

Its rare for a team to move backwards in divisions. remember typically there are 10-12 A teams in 6th grade, 14-16 in 7th grade and 18-20 in 8th grade.

For girls on A+ teams, you will see some girls tryout for A teams where they can play more or play in a preferred position. You will see stars on A teams try out for A+ teams and B players tryout for A and A+ teams.

Also, remember some girls will want to switch team for reasons beyond lacrosse. Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up.

Biggest X factor around this age is how many girls drop travel lax all together due to committments to other sports (typically soccer).

Remember though that between the top 4 teams, there are usually only around 15-20 spots which open up.

For reference last year at the 27 level for the top 3 programs)

M&D added 3 new girls (but cut 6 or 7 due to having an inflated roster due to having a Red team collapse at last second)
Heros added 5 girls (including 1 from White team and 1 from out of state)
BLC added 3 new girls.

Huh? Heros Green only added 3 players. 1 from White, one from M&D, one from BLC.

They added 4 from BLC

They referenced the 2027 team. 2027 def did not add 4 girls from BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxdad09

It will be interesting. There's four solid teams at 2028 MD level, Crush is kinda in between then a big drop off. Not sure the big four are just elite or product of low 2028 A teams.
This weekend will help determine that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This right here is the reason why my daughter is switching teams. " Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up." She's one of the outsiders on the team that didn't play on the same rec team, soccer team, or go to elementary school with them.

My DD plays on a team that draws from all over (BaltCo, Hoco, Carrol, etc), and though it has it's drawback, I have to say that one advantage is the lack of one main clique. I'm sure she'd love to have a bunch of close friends on the team, but the tradeoff is that drama between girls is minimum. Granted, I'm sure this may change as they get older and attend high schools together, but for now I'm enjoying the calm!
Unfortunately, they cant leave their friendships on the sidelines and it adversely effects the whole team!. Our plan is to go to Skywalkers as they seem to draw from around the Baltimore area .

Sw 28 is bad so you should play there. They are soon ready to sell the club too so wait to see how the transition would be. Biggest thing is find a club that will help with recruiting. Sw kids recruit themselves by being on a Sw team. They need a big contact. Coppermine has JT coming on and M&D has Srob not sure who Heros has. But those are good options too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think M&D will beat Aces and get to the final. Hard to predict them bigger Eagle Stix, especially in a 50 minute game. ES is just too big, talented and physical.

Hope M&D can embrance being the underdog and pull the upset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting. There's four solid teams at 2028 MD level, Crush is kinda in between then a big drop off. Not sure the big four are just elite or product of low 2028 A teams.
This weekend will help determine that.

The fact that there are 4 (sometimes 5) top teams that can trade wins and losses here in Maryland, and who have traded wins and losses with non-MD teams (Aces, YJ, etc) leads me to believe that they're just as elite as other regions. If some of this talent condensed more into one or two teams, you'd probably see more of a pyramid where one or two teams typically beats everyone like @ other years. Some people predict this will happen as the years go on, I guess time will tell.

The one team that I'm interested to see at the NGLL tournament this weekend is Eaglestix 28. Though I sometimes think the hype is coming straight from GA, they've been touted as the team to beat. But they've also historically played a weak schedule. Will be interesting to see this weekend whether they're heads-and-shoulders above the rest as some have said, or on par with others (which is still really good).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think M&D will beat Aces and get to the final. Hard to predict them bigger Eagle Stix, especially in a 50 minute game. ES is just too big, talented and physical.

I don't think the Eagle Stix game would be close with M&D. M&D doesn't have the speed/athleticism to hang with Eagle Stix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the Eagle Stix game would be close with M&D. M&D doesn't have the speed/athleticism to hang with Eagle Stix.

So how’s the weather down in Georgia?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the gap is more about size than speed or athleticism plus the complexity of ES's offense.

If M&D can win at least 50% of draws, and slow the game down, they have a chance. If they get down a few goals early, it could get ugly quickly.

Given that they are likely to play twice in 24 hours, i think this would be M&D an better shot in the second game.

Though I don't think they will make the title game, I think Aces matches up better with Eagle Stix due to their physicality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Laxdad09]Predictions for this weekend?

The one team that I'm interested to see at the NGLL tournament this weekend is Eaglestix 28. Though I sometimes think the hype is coming straight from GA, they've been touted as the team to beat. But they've also historically played a weak schedule. Will be interesting to see this weekend whether they're heads-and-shoulders above the rest as some have said, or on par with others (which is still really good).

Wouldn't say they have played a weak schedule. They have some big wins over top 30 2027 teams over past two years. This is one of the reasons they play so physically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the gap is more about size than speed or athleticism plus the complexity of ES's offense.

If M&D can win at least 50% of draws, and slow the game down, they have a chance. If they get down a few goals early, it could get ugly quickly.

Given that they are likely to play twice in 24 hours, i think this would be M&D an better shot in the second game.

Though I don't think they will make the title game, I think Aces matches up better with Eagle Stix due to their physicality.

Since Eagle Stix gets to pull from a whole state, its too bad we couldn't do an "all-star" team from the NGLL A teams after the NGLL regular season and give them a shot at Eagle Stix

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't say they have played a weak schedule. They have some big wins over top 30 2027 teams over past two years. This is one of the reasons they play so physically.

Def wasn't MD NGLL Refs, they won't let the kids make contact without a whistle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Def wasn't MD NGLL Refs, they won't let the kids make contact without a whistle.

And that is why Eagle Stix is not a big favorite this weekend. If the refs call the game very close, big edge to M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Tryout registrations are open for a few of the clubs now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since Eagle Stix gets to pull from a whole state, its too bad we couldn't do an "all-star" team from the NGLL A teams after the NGLL regular season and give them a shot at Eagle Stix
I don't think your premise is accurate. I spoke with a couple fathers of Eagle Stix players at last year's NGLL and they indicated that the girls all live within about a 15 mile radius. I would think that compares with other 2028 elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think your premise is accurate. I spoke with a couple fathers of Eagle Stix players at last year's NGLL and they indicated that the girls all live within about a 15 mile radius. I would think that compares with other 2028 elite teams.

Almost all kids are north Atlanta suburbs. They have a massive youth program which starts as early as MD.

Biggest advantage ES has is these kids have already been playing together for 6 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about how big of an area Eaglestix has to draw from? It doesn’t matter. Play the games and whoever wins wins. What’s the big deal? You, me or anyone could make our own team of 2028s. Everyone making excuses for either winning or losing before it even happens is so foolish. Maybe M&D and Eaglestix will both lose this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please share a link to info on this weekend's games? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney Machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for M&D today against Aces. They competed well, were probably the deeper team, but Aces was better in cage and converted its opportunities better.

Tomorrow's ES game should be interesting. ES rolled Aces and Madskillz today and looked pretty much unstoppable. For those who haven't seen them live, Yes the hype is real -- I truly believe they would be a top 15 team in the 27 bracket. #67 on their team is the best 28 I seen. M&D's low defenders will need to have the game of their lives to keep M&D close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough loss for M&D today against Aces. They competed well, were probably the deeper team, but Aces was better in cage and converted its opportunities better.

Tomorrow's ES game should be interesting. ES rolled Aces and Madskillz today and looked pretty much unstoppable. For those who haven't seen them live, Yes the hype is real -- I truly believe they would be a top 15 team in the 27 bracket. #67 on their team is the best 28 I seen. M&D's low defenders will need to have the game of their lives to keep M&D close.

Are these games live streamed? Would like to watch ES and M&D at 10AM this morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are these games live streamed? Would like to watch ES and M&D at 10AM this morning.

FYI - link to championship game livestreams is here -> https://cruitcast.com/user/web/stream/ngll-championship-2022

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Eagle stix 28 won NGLL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Eaglestix. Not a very exciting brand of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw all the scores from the NGLL games this weekend. Based on most of the conversation on here this past week, I was surprised to see how even Aces, M&D and Eaglestix all were. All certainly look to be the best team to represent each of their regions going forward. Great job by all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish my team played as unexciting as the Eagle Stix team. Personally I find winning exciting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fell asleep 3 times while watching them play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish my team played as unexciting as the Eagle Stix team. Personally I find winning exciting.

Try teaching the girls to move and create inside of score first and hold the ball. Just not gonna help them learn to play at the college level. The old 4 corners offense !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that even mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fell asleep 3 times while watching them play!
I’m sure you did. It’s tiring watching your team lose. Eagle Stix was always at least one goal less boring than their opponents. Personally I thought every team played well and that no team was boring. Positivity is a virtue that some people simply lack and sore losers fall in that category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team, well coached. This page as usual will be getting deleted shortly due to the continued negativity. Congrats to ES and all of the teams who experienced a fun weekend of lacrosse at the NGLL nationals. Agreed with a previous post the top 3 were extremely close, parity is a good thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eaglestix is more concerned with winning vs letting their girls develop and play the game. Everything is micromanaged on offense. They just hold the ball and don’t really do anything with it. No 11/12 year old game should end in a 3-2 final score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eaglestix is more concerned with winning vs letting their girls develop and play the game. Everything is micromanaged on offense. They just hold the ball and don’t really do anything with it. No 11/12 year old game should end in a 3-2 final score.
Isn’t the purpose of a tournament to win? Sounds like your just more upset that they only allowed m&d to score 2 times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought all the games this weekend were fantastic and exciting. No doubt these top teams will trade wins and losses for years to come. Congratulations to all the players on every team for playing their hearts out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both goalies were outstanding in the ES/M&D game and both offenses ran motions and plays. The defensive effort on both sides was really good. It was hard for either team to do much of anything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the season is over, how do you rank the following teams’ defense, midfield, attack, and goalie.
M&D, Coppermine, MD United, Crush, Skywalkers, Hero’s or others. May help players interested in transferring to and trying out for a new team in July.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On one possession early in the 2nd half they passed the ball around for 9 minutes. 😴

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On one possession early in the 2nd half they passed the ball around for 9 minutes. 😴
You timed it🤪

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 79 1 2 3 4 5 6 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard