Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 07:58 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 07:42 AM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 07:38 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 07:14 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,147
Posts340,911
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 221 of 227 1 2 219 220 221 222 223 226 227
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #380862 05/23/22 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Today's games

No. 5 Mahopac at No. 1 Rye: Rye wins by 6

No. 3 John Jay at No. 2 Yorktown: Yikes, JJ has been improving since the first JJ/Y game, Y has had a roller coaster season and there is more pressure on Y to win. I'm going with JJ by 2, since they will be playing with more HHH in this game.

Ultimately, RYE WINS B.

Class C

No. 5 Byram Hills at No. 1 Pearl River: BH wins by 4.

No. 7 Hen Hud at No. 6 Pelham: Pelham in a blow out.

I think Mahopac pulls off the upset. I’m taking Mahopac by 1 in a very tight game, if Whalen plays then Rye by 5.

As for the other B game, I don’t think JJ will be playing with more HHH as you say, this is a hungry Town team who wants/needs this section Chip more than ever. So I’m taking Y by 3.

In C, not sure if Byram can pull this off.

Totally agree with the Pelham pick, they will win C

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #381086 05/24/22 07:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2-2 in yesterday's games and only accurate with the Rye win.

Congratulations to Pearl River and Y.

How about JJ having a 3 goal lead in the 3Q, all while never winning a face-off (according to lohud). JJ was out played and maybe out coached too.

Pelham must have some depth, or HH doesn't, as the second half score was 5-1. I expect Pelham to roll over PR.

I'm still staying with Rye, over Y.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #381089 05/24/22 07:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's games:

No. 5 Suffern (10-5) at No. 1 Mamaroneck (13-4): M by 6+

No. 2 North Rockland (15-2) at No. 3 Scarsdale (10-7): S by 4.

Class D

No. 5 Irvington (10-6) at No. 1 Briarcliff: B plays the bench and wins by 8, but no more than 10.

No. 3 Pleasantville (11-6) at No. 2 Bronxville (11-5): P plays tough, but doesn't have the depth. B by 5+

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #381196 05/24/22 12:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rye is going to end Town’s season again. Really unimpressed with both Town and JJ yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381326 05/25/22 08:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's games:

No. 5 Suffern (10-5) at No. 1 Mamaroneck (13-4): M by 6+

No. 2 North Rockland (15-2) at No. 3 Scarsdale (10-7): S by 4.

Class D

No. 5 Irvington (10-6) at No. 1 Briarcliff: B plays the bench and wins by 8, but no more than 10.

No. 3 Pleasantville (11-6) at No. 2 Bronxville (11-5): P plays tough, but doesn't have the depth. B by 5+

No surprise in yesterday's games.
However, Pleasantville was leading 6-4 at halftime, only to lose 11-7 to Bronxville. With this type of performance, I believe Bronxville doesn't have a chance against Briarcliff.

The championships games are:

Thursday, 4:00 and 6:30

Class B
Rye v Yorktown: Rye by 5.

Class C
Pearl River v Pelham: Pelham by 6+

Friday, 4:00 and 6:30

Class D

Briarcliff v Bronxville: Briarcliff by 5+

Class A

Mamaroneck v Scarsdale: Mamaroneck by 7+

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #381527 05/26/22 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And so it begins........Best of Luck to all the teams who are competing this weekend. You have run the gauntlet and are finally competing for the CHIP. Represent your towns well and have fun. Win or lose you are the best of the best!!

Town vs Rye is going to be EPIC!!
CAN'T WAIT

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381592 05/26/22 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Epic?. Nah, easy win for Rye. Town is not the town of old, down with no end in sight.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381771 05/27/22 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Epic?. Nah, easy win for Rye. Town is not the town of old, down with no end in sight.

I have no connection to Yorktown, but it has been reported that they have played in every Section 1 GC (at their enrollment classification) since 1980. This has to be one of the most significant achievements ever in local sports. If this is "down", I know of about 100 other schools who would want to be "down". Class B at present is fairly loaded with a lot of competitive teams. Section 1 is very close to the top of the heap in US HS lacrosse - which hasn't always been the case. This streak will likely come to an end sooner rather than later. So be it.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #381864 05/28/22 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scarsdale over Mamaroneck! Credit to Scarsdale, they came out ready to play. Basically outworked Mamaroneck. Having that face-off kid helped. He was something to watch. I had hoped it would have been closer after last years thriller. The announcer said they were mostly Jrs? They should be the favorite going into next year. Good luck to them the rest of the way. It’s certainly been an interesting season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382026 05/30/22 01:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scarsdale over Mamaroneck! Credit to Scarsdale, they came out ready to play. Basically outworked Mamaroneck. Having that face-off kid helped. He was something to watch. I had hoped it would have been closer after last years thriller. The announcer said they were mostly Jrs? They should be the favorite going into next year. Good luck to them the rest of the way. It’s certainly been an interesting season.

Scarsdale outplayed / outcoached Mamo. Can we stop with all the hype at Mamo now? Scars deserves the AA slots Mamo has been taking.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #382027 05/30/22 01:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rye better team last year and this year. Easy? Come on now. But they are better. Great senior class. Finally starting to play better this year, has taken a while. Hope they go far in states.

Town will be OK in 2023. Rye will slip a lot. But we got a year until then.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382048 05/30/22 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you know anything about Town, underclassman and youth, they will be down significantly going forward. Add in the new coach and his ancient philosophy and it’s a rough road ahead. It’s just facts. But good luck to you all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382062 05/30/22 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scarsdale outplayed / outcoached Mamo. Can we stop with all the hype at Mamo now? Scars deserves the AA slots Mamo has been taking.

Not sure what that means ? If Mamo has won section titles in past, how did Scarsdale "deserve" them. Stay classy, face off kid won't be there forever.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382081 05/30/22 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you know anything about Town, underclassman and youth, they will be down significantly going forward. Add in the new coach and his ancient philosophy and it’s a rough road ahead. It’s just facts. But good luck to you all.

Down significantly as in routinely making the Class B Section 1 final 4/final 2 in a loaded field, but not wining Section chips, or down significantly as in being a Harrison or Eastchester type of team?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382120 05/30/22 04:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town youth is fine and some solid talent coming up. Will take a year or two. That program focuses on letting a lot of kids play in youth and get in the game versus other towns who send their 12 best kids only so they can win in 6th and 7th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Page 221 of 227 1 2 219 220 221 222 223 226 227
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard