Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 290 of 320 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 319 320
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381178 05/24/22 11:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Next Level wins 2028 Elite division 7-5 over FCA. Final 3:30 in 4th Q played tonight because of lightning delay Sunday night. FCA fought hard but couldn’t match NL’s athleticism. NL finished 8-1. Only loss was OT decision vs. Hawks team during regular season. Hawks were dominant all season but dropped last two contests (Crabs, FCA). They will be back and should dominate summer circuit. Congrats to all the boys who competed in great Spring season.
Congrats to NL boys from ML parent. Great achievement to win this league.

Lots of respect to FCA for showing up to play the last few mins of a game time for a game they were down in, too. Shows character.

Agreed!

Weird game. The game prior had a crazy raucous atmosphere, then the NL/FCA game started and everything got really quiet.

Both teams have massive respect for each other, always a close game with those two.

Who played prior?

2026 8th grade “B” (lowest tier) division championship. Rockfish vs. Zingos. It was as raucous a lacrosse crowd as I’ve ever seen. Cow bells, noisemakers, stomping on the stands. One dude brought a huge conch shell that he blew incessantly. Amazing energy. Game went into OT on late score. Was sloppy lacrosse but the parents/fans were nuts—in a good way. Kudos to those families and kids for bringing it.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #381181 05/24/22 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL had a great 2nd quarter where they scored 4 goals. Score at half was 6-2. Then the momentum slowly shifted to FCA and the score was 6-4 at the delay. Last night FCA scored to narrow the game to 6-5 AND they had possession with 1:20 left. NL caused a turnover and possessed the ball. Then FCA did that desperate no goalie thing in the final minute no avail. The comments about respect was the grit FCA showed to get back in the game. They didn't just show-up they were in the game with 1:20 left.....Congrats NL on a great season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381206 05/24/22 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL had a great 2nd quarter where they scored 4 goals. Score at half was 6-2. Then the momentum slowly shifted to FCA and the score was 6-4 at the delay. Last night FCA scored to narrow the game to 6-5 AND they had possession with 1:20 left. NL caused a turnover and possessed the ball. Then FCA did that desperate no goalie thing in the final minute no avail. The comments about respect was the grit FCA showed to get back in the game. They didn't just show-up they were in the game with 1:20 left.....Congrats NL on a great season.
That makes more sense when you said “show up.” Thought you implied they had to muster the energy and the will to drive back to HoCo for the final 3 minutes. smile

Congrats to both teams on a good season. Where are Next Level and FCA playing this summer? Looks like Hawks and ML are playing the big ones— Naptown, PrimeTime, NLF in addition to Summer exposure and NAL

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381220 05/24/22 01:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Next Level- nice win! Great team

Props to FCA for playing two good games to end the season, turned their season around

Crabs looked much improved and I’d expect they’d be in the mix in coming years

Hawks- appeared to be cruising, but I heard as many as a dozen kids on that team tested positive or were symptomatic. Tough timing there.

Madlax- I’m sure they could use a week off, they and the Hawks have a tough tough tourney schedule ahead. 2 straight years, no HOCO championship.

True- disappointing again, I’d expect this or next year for them to be in Elite. Especially if they lose a few players to other squads.

BLC and Kelly Post- tough calls here, could easily compete and win the 4A bracket, or keep competing against some of the nations best.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381222 05/24/22 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will the on age crabs kids go when they get displaced by the 27s and other out of town holdbacks?

It’s not just Crabs. Each of the teams is this division will be radically different next year. I personally know of 7-8 2027s bumping down in the DC area next year. Also, it is well known that a couple of the best NL 2028 players have already reclassed to 2029. It will be interesting to see when they bump down.

If, as you say, these NL kids are among “the best” 28s, why would they reclass to play down against lesser/younger talent? That makes zero sense.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381226 05/24/22 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Props to FCA for playing two good games to end the season, turned their season around

Hawks- appeared to be cruising, but I heard as many as a dozen kids on that team tested positive or were symptomatic. Tough timing there.

Madlax- I’m sure they could use a week off, they and the Hawks have a tough tough tourney schedule ahead. 2 straight years, no HOCO championship.

True- disappointing again, I’d expect this or next year for them to be in Elite. Especially if they lose a few players to other squads.

BLC and Kelly Post- tough calls here, could easily compete and win the 4A bracket, or keep competing against some of the nations best.

Nice try. There’s no reason for BLC to move down. They are improving. Maybe not at the pace some crazy parents want. But they were competitive for the better part of 3 quarters against the eventual HoCo champs (NL Blue). Several of their players belong in elite. They have good coaching and will add more solid players and continue to get better.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381257 05/24/22 03:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdbacks are coming (even more that already at 2028).

Lots of current on age elite players will be displaced. Expect more reshuffling after this summer.

Maybe BLC and 91 benefit??

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381265 05/24/22 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdbacks are coming (even more that already at 2028).

Lots of current on age elite players will be displaced. Expect more reshuffling after this summer.

Maybe BLC and 91 benefit??
Try-outs announced any where or maybe invite only for some clubs?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381269 05/24/22 04:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try. There’s no reason for BLC to move down. They are improving. Maybe not at the pace some crazy parents want. But they were competitive for the better part of 3 quarters against the eventual HoCo champs (NL Blue). Several of their players belong in elite. They have good coaching and will add more solid players and continue to get better.
Keep convincing yourself if that, and the kids will be playing soccer… they’re 1-13 in Elite division. And out scored like 40-150. It really is OK if they drop down to AAAA and compete with teams of similar level. They’ll improve faster that way, Vs getting slaughtered in Elite year in and year out. Bring up the Blue Claws or whoever won AAAA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381278 05/24/22 05:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame about the Hawks. Many congrats to NL on their victory.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381290 05/24/22 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame about the Hawks. Many congrats to NL on their victory.

Never want any kid to get sick, but Karma.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381296 05/24/22 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep convincing yourself if that, and the kids will be playing soccer… they’re 1-13 in Elite division. And out scored like 40-150. It really is OK if they drop down to AAAA and compete with teams of similar level. They’ll improve faster that way, Vs getting slaughtered in Elite year in and year out. Bring up the Blue Claws or whoever won AAAA
Blue Claws got whooped by Team Md and also lost to Team 91. They may want to look for another option before high school.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381302 05/24/22 09:04 PM
D
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
D
NEXTLEVEL IS AN OUTSTANDING PROGRAM!! Both of their 2028 teams won their divisions AA and elite cuodos the Mitchelle family for all they have done for that program.

(NL Parent)

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381305 05/24/22 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks dad here. Congrats to NL. There will be some great games in this division in the years ahead. Hope to see many on the sidelines this summer.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #381350 05/25/22 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL parent, where are you playing this summer?

Like Reply Quote
Page 290 of 320 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 319 320
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard