Quick PSA. I’m a 2023 parent and have been on this board for 10 years. Out of curiosity checked in this thread to see if anything has changed. Sadly no. Here are some facts. And I have no horse in this race.
1. Son started travel in 3rd grade. Joined current large club in 7th grade. There are 5 original kids and roster is now 35.
2. Most of the top players from smaller clubs end up on 91 or express. Maybe that will change in these younger years.
3. We have kids from several other states. That started in 8th grade summer.
4. The “big kid”, “small kid” ends up meaningless. Great players of all sizes and the early advantage of size
5. Out of the 5th grade roster of 23 kids, 7 kids don’t even play lacrosse anymore.
6. Your high school matters
7. The showcases, select teams, extra all start tourneys are all money grabs until sophomore year. Some are fun so do them if you have the time and money.
8. Enjoy the time. It goes fast. None of it is as important as you think. Focus on your son getting better and having fun. Winning is part of having fun but care less as a parent.