Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 121 of 124 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 124
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
B_O_T_C #380202 05/19/22 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #380288 05/19/22 02:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

Springfield is the only area that can boast their youth programs funnel right up to high school success. They have a true culture. Radnor youth programs are nothing except well funded. Also, if the youth programs were the key then WC East, Rustin and Henderson would all be undefeated as WC youth lax is a whole different level. I give Radnor high props but don't act like their kids are all on age (I know two personally that started school late and know through them of others) or the youth programs leads to their success. The deep pocketed parents paying for year round training are the key.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380673 05/22/22 06:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern lost some top players in the country this year but they still have plenty of talent. I would agree that Haverford is the favorite. I think this is LaSalle's year in AAA. Allentown Central Catholic looks like they will be the team to beat in AA but don't count out WC Rustin....some great playmakers.
Watch out for SCH in the InterAc. The aid floodgates for opened for next year as they are adding some strong transfers and a loaded incoming freshman class. they won't be up with Malvern and Haverford, but will surpass EA.

EA has a spectacular FOGO that can be a real difference maker with possession as the rest of their team isn't on par with Haverford or Malvern this year. Very Lehigh"esque." Not the overall talent of most teams but always get possession.

I can't see much changing this spring in the interac:
1 HS (too deep, too talented)
2 MP (ditto)
3 EA (best of the rest)
4 GA (virtually all starters returning but...)
5 SCH (0-10 league record last year, have to be better)
6 PC (finished 5 last year but graduated key players from that team)

halfway through interac season and things playing out as scripted:
MP 5-0
HS 4-1
EA 3-2
GA 2-3
SCH 1-4
PC 0-5

Final Standings (it would appear that theboy schools have an advantage)
MP
HS
EA
PC
GA
SCH

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381109 05/24/22 08:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

Springfield is the only area that can boast their youth programs funnel right up to high school success. They have a true culture. Radnor youth programs are nothing except well funded. Also, if the youth programs were the key then WC East, Rustin and Henderson would all be undefeated as WC youth lax is a whole different level. I give Radnor high props but don't act like their kids are all on age (I know two personally that started school late and know through them of others) or the youth programs leads to their success. The deep pocketed parents paying for year round training are the key.

Springfield Vs Radnor tonight at 7 pm.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381422 05/25/22 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that Avon Grove has a similar youth program that feeds singularly into the high school.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381574 05/26/22 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that Avon Grove has a similar youth program that feeds singularly into the high school.

They lose to many kids to Sallies.....they and Kennett would probably still be alive if all the kids stayed put.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382339 06/01/22 01:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big upset - Garnet valley takes down Lasalle, What happened to Lasalle. Second year in a row that they get knocked out in first round. Looked great at start of season. Big win over Radnor and looked to be contender for state championship. Talented face off kid struggled against GV player, one line of middies not enough, big shooter attackman on the sideline. Defense kept them in the game. Looks to be Radnors year again. Springfield might give them a fight.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382396 06/01/22 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Garnet Valley the favorite in PIAA? Not counting Lasalle....

Garnet is stacked again, hopefully for them it doesn't come down to coaching or it will be a familiar result....

Neither of these comments from a few months ago are aging well. Big win for GV yesterday. Radnor is likely the favorite at this point.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382462 06/01/22 04:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Garnet Valley the favorite in PIAA? Not counting Lasalle....

Garnet is stacked again, hopefully for them it doesn't come down to coaching or it will be a familiar result....

Neither of these comments from a few months ago are aging well. Big win for GV yesterday. Radnor is likely the favorite at this point.

Springfield vs Radnor re-match for state title

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #382580 06/02/22 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Springfield vs Radnor re-match for state title

Springfield and Radnor are on a collision course to meet in the semi-final. Should be an awesome game.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #382622 06/02/22 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Main Line Vs the heart of Delco!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #383431 06/08/22 09:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor vs. Garnet Valley for the state championship on Saturday at noon. While Radnor is likely the favorite, GV has upped their game to the next level over the last month. Should be a good one.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383886 06/10/22 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor vs. Garnet Valley for the state championship on Saturday at noon. While Radnor is likely the favorite, GV has upped their game to the next level over the last month. Should be a good one.

State champ was weeks ago. MP won.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #383899 06/10/22 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MP keepin' it classy...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383940 06/10/22 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is saying Radnor or GV would beat Malvern, but we also aren't paying for those wins.

Like Reply Quote
Page 121 of 124 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 124
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard